• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prayers of Pit

PIT_IS_BACK

Smash Journeyman
I love Pit's Descent, and the Kid Icarus theme kicks in...and fades out as he disappears behind the clouds.
Epic.
But not informative.
What he said.

*tears up* oh god it was beautiful.

EDIT: The game Kid Icarus is very hard, think of it as the original Metroid, except Linear.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
*Pit is gliding down to earth*

???: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*Pit turns his head to see Mario blasting towards*

*Mario collides into Pit and they both fall to the earth*

Pit: Figures, the second I'm back into action, I got a Joseph Stalin look alike attacking. D*** Commies

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
*Pit is gliding down to earth*

???: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*Pit turns his head to see Mario blasting towards*

*Mario collides into Pit and they both fall to the earth*

Pit: Figures, the second I'm back into action, I got a Joseph Stalin look alike attacking. D*** Commies
LOL
Absolute genius. I don't know what parallel superior dimension you clawed this idea from, but my god, keep grabbing those ideas and making the world a better place.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803m-l.jpg

Pit's pretty much gonna be teaming up with Fox. Check out the color of the clouds.

Uh... sure. Why not.

And platuna said

'"Go forth Pit, though you may be the only male character who could possibly be more effiminante that marth I grant you an aimable projectile weapon, aswell as two disjointed hitboxes. May upwards smash DI followed by gliding grant you impossibly good recovery, and godspeed''
****ing huge LAWL. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees Pit as Marth's decendent XD. definitly sigging this XD

these updates bring so much confusion to the reader, I get more confused as subspace emissary updates are posted. So is this one point that occurs if this princess gets captured? Does it matter? How does this translate into the whole level sequences?
It's pretty much simple. Everyone has their own personal story. Like, if you pick Kirby for adventure mode, you'll have to play as Kirby for the decision of the princesses. If you play Mario, you'll start as to where Mario was after being blasted. And as Pit...etc. etc. Each character has a certain role in adventure mode.

NukeA6

Smash Master
So Pit is gonna be the main hero. With all the Pit updates I've seen, it sure looks like it.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
nice find rockin. i'd have to say the same thing too.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Grrr...I wanted a character. I am starting to get mad at these updates. He doesn't need to spoil the single player for us before it comes out.

nindgod

Smash Journeyman
I mean.. the update is OK, but it's not the kind of update that will get people excited. It's just one of those. "yay Pit!" ones... not a "cool new feature one!"

But yeah, the video is looking pretty good

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Bah, is that all you think about? Your precious characters? I see it like this: Some characters won't be announced till after game release, so that would mean since there will be some more characters announced before the release, we'll have a lot in the end. They have to keep some of it secret. Sure, there could be more character updates, but the game is more than about them, it's how they tie to each other in the game and the enhanced one-player adventure mode is THE chance to do so. We pretty know for sure that this time this aspect of this game will be much better than Melee. Then there's the music, the gameplay, the items etc. etc. Expecting only character updates...you must be pretty disappointed by now, where's the fun in that? ;P Try to be more positive, people.

And I have to say, the graphics in the video just scream Final Fantasy. It's a blast. Like someone else mentioned on here, this clearly shows that the Wii's graphics aren't bad, in fact, they are more than decent.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i liked seeing this. it puts more emphasis on all characters in smash, as they play a huge part. plus it shows that each character will have their own story to go through, which is what i'm hoping

WR3K

Smash Ace
must... have... link's end of the story

lol, what in the WORLD is snake's story going to be?

his games are so serious and filled with conspiracy....

i can see it now, he is getting breifed by his commander, and at the end the commander says: "oh, one more thing, they... they dont talk much..."

refering to nintendo characters

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Jackal said:
I love this Video's look. And it's of Pit, Which is awesome.

This also defies the Wii having horrible Graphics. because it doesnt C:
Uhh...pre-rendered CG has nothing to do with a system's power.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
must... have... link's end of the story

lol, what in the WORLD is snake's story going to be?

his games are so serious and filled with conspiracy....

i can see it now, he is getting breifed by his commander, and at the end the commander says: "oh, one more thing, they... they dont talk much..."

refering to nintendo characters
HAHAHA! Oh man, QFT.

Anyway, Pit gets stopped mid-flight by Halberd now controlled by Ancient Minister, and thus we get the picture we see from the original subspace emissary update.
I think Fox is going to do the exact same thing as Pit, except see the explosion through a high-tech vid screen instead of a holy well of blessed water, oh, and jump in his arwing and take off instead of freefall from the sky. Either way, this also gives us the picture of Fox's arwing being attacked by Halberd, and thus the theories that Fox and Pit are near each other during their air fight.

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Pretty cool video. I love how he falls backwards and plummets to the earth, while his theme tune slowly fades away as he disapears into the clouds. I'd prefer an update which is more un-predictable mind.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
supernal \soo-PUR-nuhl\, adjective:

1. Being in or coming from the heavens or a higher place or region.
2. Relating or belonging to things above; celestial; heavenly.
3. Lofty; of surpassing excellence.

Get smarter! :p

Zeela12

Smash Ace
good video, revealing about the adventure mode a bit more. Also, the new Paluntina and Pit renders are amazing, crazy graphics according to me.

The fact that all these games are now connected also is pretty extraordinary, like how Pit was watching Mario Kirby Zelda and Peach get owned, he went to rescue.

Also, video shows Pit's childish personalities with him running happily. Awesome update. All video updates are good, whether if it's informative or not.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
to late for that... did you see him spin? that is a barrel roll! fox conformed! wait... what?

anyway...
"The invasion by the Subspace Army has engulfed terra firma in chaos. One angel watching the scene from the heavens receives an imperial order from the goddess Palutena and embarks on a journey."
does that mean where pit is (heaven I guess, never played that game) is still safe? is he going to come back and find bad stuff... is Palutena going to die? is he going somewhere, or to someone...?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I think it was informative. I mean, when I saw the picture given to us in the original Subspace Emissary update, the one with Pit standing there and Palutena's hip in the side of the picture, it looked to me like Pit had fought his way to that point and was waiting his reward. The well? that looked like a ladder, maybe I just played OoT too recently....

How is Sakurai using the term "terra firma" so casually? I don't remember him using that term before.

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
OMG Pit has Halos on his arm! Master Chief confirmed!!!!11!!one!! :embarrass

I think Pit will team up with Fox, just like Kirby and the princess he saves, Link and Yoshi, etc.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Pit's video was very cool. Made him seem that much more awesome. Hopefully we get more videos like this to show each character's side of the story. Can i get a Pokemon Trainer one next? :p

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Pit's video was very cool. Made him seem that much more awesome. Hopefully we get more videos like this to show each character's side of the story. Can i get a Pokemon Trainer one next? :p
Here ya go:

PT: "Here I go! I'm gonna help them ou--"
*At that moment, the dead primid's killed by Pit and Fox fall to the ground and hit PT on the head. (from that height, anything will hurt). He is unconscious through most of the story, but wakes up just in time to join the heroes when they stand together at the very very end of the story.*

Enjoy!

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
I really hope that the SE doesn't force you to play one large story mode where it swaps the character youre playing as. This is more confirmation that you get to pick the character you want to play as, and he or she gets their own story arch. This game is going to be great and only 3 months left!

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Why do you people keep commenting on the quality of the graphics? That is NOT realtime. Do you even know the difference?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Uh... sure. Why not.

And platuna said

'"Go forth Pit, though you may be the only male character who could possibly be more effiminante that marth I grant you an aimable projectile weapon, aswell as two disjointed hitboxes. May upwards smash DI followed by gliding grant you impossibly good recovery, and godspeed''
Lmao. I personally enjoy these updates. Single-player ftw.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Actually, what I like from this is that Pit is still very child-like. Even if he doesn't talk, his character's being developed already. Otherwise he'd've been very Link-like. The whole staying silent, "actions speak louder then words" thing going on.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Anyone else noticed the Kid Icarus theme song kind of more orchestrated than what we got in the updates?

Oh, and yeah, pit looked awesome. I bet ya a bunch of fangirls got orgasms after this! :laugh:

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
pit is an angel? ...well..... um.... i thought he just had wings...
oh and was he the star of kid icarus? was there a character named kid icarus?
Pit is an angel, and he serves the goddess Palutena. He's the hero of the game Kid Icarus, but there really was no character with the name Kid Icarus, it was just called Kid Icarus because Pit's resemblance to the main character from the greece legend of Icarus.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Xanderous: OK, so if it's not realtime, I can expect my N64 to play the same thing? I think everyone is merely commenting on how the Wii can produce satisfactorily pleasing vids, prerendered or not.
It has nothing to do with the Wii. The N64 could have had the same quality FMVs if it had used CDs.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
pit is an angel? ...well..... um.... i thought he just had wings...
oh and was he the star of kid icarus? was there a character named kid icarus?
yes.. it says that in the updates even! you should play that game.. I never got fair in it... but it is good.

Top Bottom