• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Practice on bad stages

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSBBWorm

Smash Cadet
Yes, practice on bad stages. Why when I can just ban them? Chances are you can ban brinstar but you are still stuck with stages that can hurt you including halberd, battlefield, lylat which is just annoying to me with the stage curving, and yoshis island. So why practice these stages, do it for fun it would be fun and awesome to fight a top level snake or ddd on halberd and win. Like beating mk on rainbow cruise which they lean on. I want this to be a discussion of bad Pika stages and pros/cons to be good at them. Throw out your opinion it is appreciated.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I like Brinstar.
Vs. MK on RC is being debated somewhere to help us a lot more. (Was that ever agreed on?)
You should be good at every stage because you never know what your situation will be.

And we have a stage discussion thread, I think this would be better there.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
To not just say "Use other thread blah," I'm going to actually respond.

There will ALWAYS be one stage that Pikachu should ban. Brinstar. Other than that, play on every stage that is legal in your region, or even the stage-list of nationals we are going to. Hell, I even play on Brinstar because it helps my training partners get better on it. Halberd is amazing for Pikachu. The low ceiling helps get earlier kills, and the long part when it lands is great for CGing. The platform is also good for wrap-around T-jolts.

Battlefield is good too. It is a basic stage but with platforms. The platforms can help Pikachu as long as we stay on the bottom/trying to time somebody out. QAC is amazing on them and, unless you get predictable, you can easily take a 30-60 seconds off the clock. Fairs/bairs are also good on platforms from under since it can push them off and either hit them or set up for a QAL or Jab lock (% dependent). If you are on the platforms...get off as fast as possible.

Yoshis isn't a good stage for Pikachu, but is isn't a bad stage either. THe slants make QAC more annoying, but it also helps CG a few characters that you couldn't normally (Like MK). However, the platform just kinda gets in the way of our aerial approaches (Like FF crossup fairs or FF bairs to shield poke) and it disrupts T-jolt camping to a big degree. So...dont' take anybody there, but you should still play on it to get the EXP. If you are only playing on your good stages you are basically setting yourself up to lose when it is your opponents turn to CP.

SSBBWorm

Smash Cadet
Right I was thinking this could be classified as different because it's specifically stages that Pikas in theory should never play on. So this should be under the other stage thread.
How do I delete the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom