• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Melee Results and Shoutouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This is some ghey ****

huge fking joke

nice tournament though

was gunna type out shoutouts finally but not a good time to type it lol

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Making everything non-refundable for business procedures that require quotas could have helped.

Feel bad for Ally and Anti and the rest. It's one thing to be banned at an event and not be able to compete for money. It's another to actually win or do really well and realize your time, money, and hardwork won't be rewarded.

Jon, I still love you, man. I know you put a lot of time and effort into making this event despite the poor planning phase. Be prepared to carry the burden.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol What are you going to do Ally, sue? Even if you guys all do sue (which is a ridiculous thought in the first place), Plank doesn't have any money nor is there a business or insurance in this matter...

Even if you sued Plank for all he has, odds are everyone involved would lose money on the whole regardless of who wins. Except the government.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
lol What are you going to do Ally, sue? Even if you guys all do sue (which is a ridiculous thought in the first place), Plank doesn't have any money nor is there a business or insurance in this matter...

Even if you sued Plank for all he has, odds are everyone involved would lose money on the whole regardless of who wins. Except the government.
good, we'll all be losers :D.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion

Lots of this.

There are no contracts or any insurance to insure payment if you do win.

Lawyer fees will almost unquestionably be more than anyone is supposed to be getting paid back.

EDIT:
good, we'll all be losers :D.
Jokes on you, you already play Brawl. ;]

JK

idea

Smash Master
yeah, i dunno if suing him would work either. tournaments are usually more of an unofficial understanding that money will be paid out afterward. i don't think there's anywhere for the money to come from, like scar said.

and that's on top of the additional stress it would cause to a guy who probably already feels pretty bad. (not that it wasn't his fault, of course, but...still)

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
if anything you guys should be mad he used your winnings to pay off a debt he created himself

AllyKnight

if anything you guys should be mad he used your winnings to pay off a debt he created himself
yeah

like seriously, relying on attendance to pay the hotel first of all? If I can't do anything about it (I'll try) then thats how it'll end. But I'm not giving up so quickly.

He already lost my damn tamagotchi or w-e that ish is called. this is TOO MUCH!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
the honorable thing to do would have to pay the debt out of his own pocket,idk his financial status but im sure the community would have helped him out and donated regardless,even the winners probably..i feel so bad for armada and the other international players

Omni

BRoomer
yea but smashers are already super unreliable

@Ally: Plank's not that kind of guy, Ally. If he really wanted to scheme like that it would have made more sense to have the venue at a much cheaper place to keep expenses low and profits high.

I really, really feel for your loss and I do believe you're getting ****ed over, but it's not intentionally. And I think trying to seek compensation via the law is going to just be heavy drain from you and Plank time and money-wise. Not to mention you probably wouldn't see anything for a really long time.

If anything I'd talk to Plank one-on-one and see if you (and the rest) could agree to a closed door settlement to prevent the government from ****ing you both.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
due to a bunch of smashers reserving rooms and not showing up/canceling last min
This is what I was getting at. He only had a debt because the community ****ed him.

Gaming communities love to place displace FULL blame. It's obvious some of it was his fault but suing him? Really?

Shame on a respected veteran TO taking a risk his last tournament; which he tried to accomodate for at the first sign of bad weather but which turned out to be much larger than anyone could have foreseen.

They were never told they couldn't.
Shame on him for thinking that there was at least one decently responsible person per room to at least call and cancel.

No really, I hate to say it, but the biggest mistake you make as a TO is trusting in your fellow players to do anything a responsible adult would do.

AllyKnight

yea but smashers are already super unreliable

@Ally: Plank's not that kind of guy, Ally. If he really wanted to scheme like that it would have made more sense to have the venue at a much cheaper place to keep expenses low and profits high.

I really, really feel for your loss and I do believe you're getting ****ed over, but it's not intentionally. And I think trying to seek compensation via the law is going to just be heavy drain from you and Plank time and money-wise. Not to mention you probably wouldn't see anything for a really long time.

If anything I'd talk to Plank one-on-one and see if you (and the rest) could agree to a closed door settlement to prevent the government from ****ing you both.
Dude's not logging on smashboards or whatever else. And at this point. I dont care if I lose a few more hundreds or some thousands. I AM MAD ALLY

Scar

#HarveyDent
It's definitely not intentional, but Darksyde, UNLESS Plank had specifically said, "You guys need to show up and rent these rooms or else the winners won't be paid," or something like that, the full blame goes to Plank. I mean FULL blame. Again I love Plank and I'm sure the objectively even he agrees with this.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
It's definitely not intentional, but Darksyde, UNLESS Plank had specifically said, "You guys need to show up and rent these rooms or else the winners won't be paid," or something like that, the full blame goes to Plank. I mean FULL blame. Again I love Plank and I'm sure the objectively even he agrees with this.
Like I said, shame on him for assuming fellow smashers will ever do things that any responsible adult would know to do without even telling them.

Omni

BRoomer
No really, I hate to say it, but the biggest mistake you make as a TO is trusting in your fellow players to do anything a responsible adult would do.
Yes, but moreso I believe the biggest mistake is relying on trust at all. Because if any kind of trust is needed then it turns into a gamble. And if a business related event with large sums of money turns into a gamble... well, things get bad as quick as you can see.

Not to exaggerate but think WorldCom or Enron.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
as much as it would absolutely suck to pay the debts out of pocket (since plank went out of his way to host the event), he's using money that isn't his. the players played and won the money appropriately, and it should be theirs. when people registered for pound, they paid entrance fees and venue fees. the entrance fees were rightfully won by the players, but plank is instead using it to pay for the venue. this is a lot different from SNES where some scumbag pretty much collected the entry fee's and peaced out lol.

so yea, it's crazy lame plank got stuck with all these fees
but it's even worse that he's using money that isn't his to pay for it
end of the story is, you can't rely on a random chance to pay off for the venue. there was no telling in the end how many rooms there would be, or how many players would end up registering. that's why most tourneys make a deal with the venue to pay them based on the amount of entrants that come, so everyone is covered whether 5 or 500 players show up. there was also no warning that money could potentially be taken from entree fees to be used for the venue if the venue fee didn't cover it the venue costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom