• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Melee Results and Shoutouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1

Banned via Administration
I knewwwwww I missed some ppl. I just grabbed the round 1 pools results and did shoutouts off of it!

Shoutouts to J666 I really don't remember ur face : (, but you seem chill as hell so I probably did meet ya!

Shoutouts to Laijin for being the homey and bringing MvC3, aaaaaaaand also winning the AM bracket tourney!

If I forgot anyone else its b/c there are too many amazing ppl to cover all at once, and...

...LAST BUT NOT LEAST SNAP! <3 I'm sry for forgettin a fellow NC Catfish homey, you're so chill that I wanna move down to NC for a bit and see how cool the Brawl/Melee community is down there.

Looks like I'd probably fit right in :D!

Also to everyone that mains low tiers, please tap my shoulder for friendlies...I always wanted to bust out my Yoshi for funsiez but no one ever asks. I hate using top tiers in friendlies *snore*.

Armada

Smash Lord
To everyone how payed/helped me to attend this tournament <3.

And Im sorry if i said no to any of you guys (other people to ofc but specially people how payed) when you asked for playing.

But it was kinda hard cause when i needed to go more came and said "one more"
One more turned out to 10 more then i have to stop.

Well awesome tournament and i hope to see all of you guys at Genesis 2 =).

Armada

Smash Lord
Armada's english is top tier <3
That dosen´t sounds good :p

M2k: I didn´t carry you in teams.
To be honest I think Iplayed better than you in GF but you played better in all the other sets.

Well we won the tournament and that´s the most important thing =).

strawhats

Smash Master
Thanks for playing me in friendlies Armada...It was nice talking to you guys on the train going back home.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Playing you in friendlies Armada was one of my most favorite moments in the tournament :D You're really fun to play against lol.

And your falco is really fun to fight too! I'm so glad you're an aggressive player. Fighting campy people in friendlies is so boring lol. I wanna play your falco more :D And of course your Peach too lol. Your style is just so amazing and fun to play against

Armada

Smash Lord
My Falco is aggressive that´s how I play him.

But my Peach is defensive cause it works so much better :p

And i really like to play against you in firendlis so lets play way more next time =).

strawhats

Smash Master
Same to you man.

The Marth challange was kinda epic =).
hopefully soon I'll be good enough to take a stock or two off next time lol. ;)

Keep ****** man. Loved your sets vs PP.

Oh yeah you're falco is nasty btw...I never knew. Showing off the secondaries I love it.

@ Axe: we never got to play :(
It was nice seeing you though. I might see you at Zenith :)

Let's play it up then ok. Your pika is sooo fun to watch.

btw...someone get Dark to go to Genesis 2.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
My Falco is aggressive that´s how I play him.

But my Peach is defensive cause it works so much better :p

And i really like to play against you in firendlis so lets play way more next time =).
I liked playing you in friendlies too!

Somehow you always bring out the best in me.

Woooooo.

=D

Random shoutouts:

KK / kirbykaze: I'll work on the attitute. Not sure if I said this yet, but I think you've had the most impact on me this tourny. I think I can be very selfish / self centered when it comes to this game and I'll try to be more conscious of it. Thanks for the hours of friendlies / dealing with my *****ing LOOOOOOOOOL. <33. Oh and sorry for disappearing that night when I asked you to go to dinner, gf called me and we talked for a bit and I looked for you afterwards but couldn't really find you =(

Dart: Same comment as above. I'll work being less *****y. No promises though LOL. You're really good against spacies, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you beat a lot of top spacy players. Work on the consistency of your other matchups / w/e things you have problems with and you'll be unstoppable!

Axe: Pika is mad tough LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. I need to play you more because you make me really have to have a good approach. Next time for sure! Good job getting 4th / stomping on everyone you had in bracket. Good times at Chiji's.

Otto / SilentWolf: You make me play so fast. For whatever reason, I don't get frustrated playing you at all even when I get ultra *****. Tighttttttttttt. And thanks for telling me that I'm fun to play, means alot.

Juan/Hbox/Hungrybox: I wish I got to talk / play you more. Good job on the tourny, I don't know how much it means to you that you 3-0ed (?) Axe / got very close to beating PP, but it still means a lot to someone who has trouble taking matches in friendlies off of them so good ****. Hope you get better.

m2k / mew2king: I wish I was there to convince you not to forfeit against hbox. You practiced a lot day 1 / day 2 too, I felt like you really wanted to do well. Sorry things didn't go your way, just know that a lot of people in the room wishes you the best and will support you either way.

Amsah: I hate you.

Cactuar: I hate you for getting 7th. I wanted 7th. YOU WERE LUCKY YOU HAD THE MANGO BRACKET.

Remen: Reminds me of Ramen. So tasty. I never got to play you, I'm very sad.

Chu: Dat Chronicles. Nice to still see that aggressive play. Keep at it, good **** for beating HBox in pools (not sure how much that means to you but I'm super impressed!)

MacD: Even though we lost to two Fox / Sheik teams, I feel like we've come a long way by beating a lot of the other teams that would've given us a lot of trouble even a few months ago. We got this.

Kels: I'll work on my Marth. How does Dart do against you with Marth? I feel like both of you guys are really good at the matchup.

S2j / Johnny / Poop: Good ****. I really hated that we met in bracket.

PP: Congrats on winning. I'm sure you've heard that enough. I really wish I was there to see how it all played out, keep winning tournies.

Shroomed: Thanks for the encouragement. I still hate playing against you though LOL.

ZAHHHHHUouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUULOvageuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU♥

Armada

Smash Lord
Yeah our friendlis was really good =).

I really like to play against you man. Your tech skill+ wierd stuff/combos is really fun to see and play against.
You are way better than your place shows. Show people at Genesis how good you actually are =).

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
Zhu always seems so damn happy LOL.

Armada your english has improved so much! :D

M2k D: why so sad :(, you're so damn ****...

Also I don't play melee

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to Armada, Amsah, and the rest of europe for being so awesome to chill with on the last day <3

Canada for being cool and with all the support <3

Plank for such a sick tourney

people for all their friendlies <3

Dr. Peepee for winning it all

Might give more later... but not a lot of ppl probably remember me lol

I was that 100% Asian canadian...

Faab

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to my homies at college park.

To everyone at the tournament who i played, gg's.

Hbox, Macd, Cactuar, dobs dops whatev had fun chilling with you guys at the various foodplaces.

<3 the euro's for the funny **** that went down the entire trip.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh forgot about voodoo. You alone made this trip worth it's while.

New york smashers thanks for the games.

hax, otg and john especially thanks for everything.

Last is for my ***** g-teezy. Thanks sooooooooo much man for arranging housing and driving us everywhere. Hit me up whenever you in europe and i'll take care of ya. (ditch marth and be livin the green falco man)

DIP

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
my shoutouts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iu0ozOcerY

jpobs, you were in the original version of this, as was tafokints.
jpobs, you are the t-dot version of pc jona. you're hilarious, and i know ontario is better on the whole because of you.
tafo, we didn't relaly ctalk too much, but you were pri gud at eating chipotle. hope you come back to EC again.
also, throwing rock at d1.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

Round 1 Pool
Raynex - Good solid fox. I never experienced a fox that could punish every wiffed tilt =(
Steamedfish - glad you can make it, decent mario, you just need more experience
Maalfunkshun - nice fox, ditto to the comments above
Darklite - where were you ?_?

Round 2 Pools
Dr. peepee - you're too good and you forward smash and ftilt at the most opportune times that no other falco does
Teczer0 - I really thought I had you the 2nd match grrr. Good stuff, you are mad good though
Boss - I feel bad playing sheik vs mario. Your mario is solid, but I have too much Shroomed experience
Falco player- you're decent, just got to mix up the approaches and not miss L-cancels
other guy - I forgot who else was in my pool, sorry

Round 3 pools
Chillindude - Old school fox is too weird. Even though you aren't up to par with the metagame knowledge, you're still damn good and have the weirdest shine spikes O_o
Dr. peepee - I had to play you again??? get *****...
Scar - You should have made it out, practice for Genesis
Vanz - I always feel like our matches are close, but you out-stamina me. Good stuff
Raikou - Definitely a different style of sheik, you're very solid.

EC
Hax - love watching and playing your Falcon. Good stuff on Amsah
D1 - nice meeting you again. You will get me in tourney someday!
Colbol - Your fox is mad legit. I hope you weren't weirded out by my sheik style
Tope - Your sheik amazes me more in person in terms of its adaptability and efficiency
Doll - You own me =(
S-man - It was mad fun playing with you guys. I hope the frriendlies go up soon.
Mogwai - You are also one of the chillest smashers ever. I hope to see you at another tourney. Thanks once again for tthe ride
Harriettheguy - Run past you and f-smash, the tafokints
G$ - always a pleasure to see you. Nice team friendlies and it sucks you got dqed but good stuff getting 2nd with mango
Prog - scientology

Canada
Kirbykaze - Love your sheik. So full of game knowledge. Too bad you couldn't get passed the foxes

WC
Zhu - Was hoping you'd place higher. You'll get top 8 at genesis! practice!
Mango - I hope one day you can prove the haters wrong, but you are still #1 in my book
S2J - Rising star, you continually blow me away on how much you are improving
Vist - Nice to meet you, I want to get more matches with your falcon
Lovage - long time no see. I was hoping to chill with you more.
Shroomed - Good stuff on Top 10! Definitely showing that Norcal is still legit
J666 - I heard you did quite well in teams, but barely didn't make it out. It was nice to see socal represent
Sheridan - Your match with over was quite scary. I don't know if I can beat you anymore. It was fun chilling with you. Nye hehehe
E40 - I'm glad you got to experience an eastcoast national too. It was fun playing your peach and mvc3. You should practice more!
Europe
Armada -nice YL
Amsah - I wish we could have discussed the falcon matchup more. You will learn it soon

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW

vgbootcamp never said that if some one could get a stream working that we wouldn't allow it on the main setup. We personally couldn't get a stream going because we focused all of our resources on recording and thus didn't have the equipment to stream once we got to the venue. I had no idea some was able to get a semi-solid connection until I got a text saying that VGBC will regret not letting anyone stream. I was like, "what? I have no idea what you're talking about" and then the guy explained to me that everyone was being told we wouldn't allow it. Once I figured this out I went and found Redd and told him to connect it to the main setup.

guys, please don't start rumors or at least don't jump on the bandwagon unless you have evidence that what's being said is true. Although everything's been cleared up it still has made are name look bad to a lot of players who still don't know what actually happened.

Thanks,

Calvin

TLDR; VGBootCamp did not disallow a stream and once we figured out some one was able to stream we put them on the main recording setup

idea

Smash Master
Shoutouts!

Plank – thanks for hosting this amazing tournament. It ran really well and everyone had a great time. =) the hotel was so ritzy, lol

Video game boot camp: thanks for all your hard work. The videos were up before i even had the internet access to watch them, haha. impressive.

The livestream: i was only ‘in charge’ of it for like half an hour but that was one of my favourite parts of the tourney <3 it was just cool to have like 180 people depending on me for information. if for some reason all the good commentators are unavailable i'd be happy to help out in the future.

Other jigglypuffs: nice meeting you guys. It’s always good to put faces to names. Actually i played one jigglypuff and never got his name...do you remember that, whoever you are? It was us two and a sheik on a tv near the middle of the room.

Falcons and peaches: **** you guys for not being in any of my pools. Except Apollo. Hi Apollo =)

Prog: nothing to say really, i just couldn’t not give you a shoutout.

Lovage: loud as ****.

Scar: omg the combos. Tournament mode was amazing.

I can’t remember, but whoever brought it to our room: thanks for the beer lol

Lain: that reminds me, i never did see you again after the first day in mcdonald’s. Next time.

That falcon/spacies player who kept beating me in friendlies whose tag i still can’t remember: i guess i don’t need to say anything else, that’s already a shoutout.

Macd: thanks for the millions of friendlies with our room the night after the tournament. Your peach is fun.

Hungrybox: i’mma have to take a match off you if i ever play you in tourney again to make up for that first one in pools <_<

Reneblade: hi. I just thought of this now but i want to falcon ditto you. On yoshi’s. But now it is too late =/

Colbol: we gotta play more next time. Singles and doubles pools wasn’t enough :bee:

Canadians: good **** guys, we did pretty well overall. Not amazing, but decent.

Armada: dat young link. Good luck next time, i think you can take PP.

PP: armada had no chance. He’ll lose next time too.

But Srsly: that was a fantastic set and a great way to end the tournament.
and nice talking to you, both armada and amsah. Guess i didn’t talk to PP but uh...i can still talk to the guy in my region who looks exactly like you? Wait, no i can’t, he hasn’t shown up to anything in like a year...

Amsah: you guys have to like, import a falcon main or something. Good stuff regardless, and nice talking with you. I didn’t mention i main jiggs cause i didn’t want to offend you :laugh: although i try to play her as much like your sheik as i can, so i guess that’s something =P

Dart: didn't play, but we talked a little bit. i forget about what but i know people were telling us to shut up when PP and armada started playing.

Sauc3: i need to figure out some way to watch people and learn their tricks like you do...but while approaching. lol. I can’t do both at once.

Tect: we live in the same province! We have to play at some point! Lol...i’m sure kk or i can house you if you want to travel super far and come to some weekend smashfest or something. (we hardly ever have tournaments unfortunately)

Other Canadians: not mentioned separately just because i don’t have anything in particular to say.

good matches, everyone in pools.

I'm most likely leaving some people out...sorry. this tourney was like a week ago and my brain isn't good at remembering tons of people. don't take it personally. (bug me and i'll add you in if you want =P)

Everyone else i talked to: you were all cool. Except that one guy.

idea

Smash Master
because i'm playing
skies of arcadia legends
for the first time currently.

if there's more story to that name, don't tell me, cause i have a lot of the game left.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm seriously too lazy to do shout outs but...

Thanks to those I played in friendlies and in pools.

Thanks to everyone who bought stickers.

Thanks to Plank for one last awesome Pound! The series will be missed greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom