• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V- Discussion, Donations, and Prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So why isn't anyone doing anything about it?
This is what I'm wondering

Look, we know Plank isn't gonna give us an answer and that's obvious. But why has nothing been done about it yet? It's like the winners are ok with losing all that money.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I have no business in this but I mean it is the top player's money.. Is it ok to lose 2k over something that happened pretty much instantly? I don't get it..

Tesh

Smash Hero
Someone should find out where Plank lives. Then we should all track him down in the middle of the night when he isn't expecting a thing. Then we should scold him and make sure he feels bad about it. I'm buying plane tickets right now.

idea

Smash Master
he probably just doesn't want to deal with it anymore and is irrationally not giving any details.

parsimony principle.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Can't believe people are still TALKING about it and not DOING anything.

Waiting for him to respond is a fruitless endeavor.

Flayl

Smash Hero
People who didn't recieve money don't have to do anything... Maybe the people who did already figured something out and haven't posted here?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think people should sue personally. I feel bad for the winners and I would like to see them get something for their work :/

Atlus8

Smash Master
Let's face it! Nobody is gonna do anything about this! Even if Plank's intention was to steal the money, which I doubt, no one is gonna walk up to him and give him a talk/beating/lawsuit! It's time consuming and the community will look pretty damn silly!

The only people affected by this are the ones that placed high enough to get some cash prize! I don't think half of them even care about the money since they don't come in here and post! No need for you guys to do their dirty work! The donation idea is nice, but it's not gonna happen!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
and what do u suppose we do about it? plank never said he would pay out. It was a scheme from the start, just like WinterFest in FL end of 2009 was and never paid out, and SNES never paid out, and ActiveGamers which never fulfilled any of their contract with me.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Surely SOMEONE on this website knows where Plank lives?

Id be super pissed if I payed a ton of money to be there, won the thing, then received nothing.

At 1st I was like "Give Plank a chance to come clean"

It's been weeks since that, time for someone to climb in his window and snatch his *** up.

Whoa M2K is even in here.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
repeating how bad of a person plank is isn't changing anything, m2k. .

we know what plank did. either do something about it or shut up, you don't need to give every person in here a history lesson of how he didn't take you to the airport or planked when he said he wouldn't. it's obvious that he doesn't plan on talking to anyone or even staying a part of this community so there is no point in thread existing other than to ask for legal advice ( or donations). Which you shouldn't even do from an online gaming website. do some research for yourself.

put down your controller, read a book about your options or go to a lawyer and see if you have a case. if you do, do what you want. but I'd suggest not talking about it openly

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Why doesn't anyone have balls? All sit and moan behind a computer screen about an issue that would be resolved in the real world in very few moments... go kick his ***.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's odd, people say it's going to look ugly for the community if people actually DOES something but.. right now well at least to me, the community looks like a bunch of lazy bums without any real guts to defend what's right to them.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Well its easy to say stuff on the internet. In reality, it would be a lot messier if further action was pursued.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well its easy to say stuff on the internet. In reality, it would be a lot messier if further action was pursued.
How so? What would be the actual consequences of pursuing someone? Things like this are done pretty privately so what's the problem? You are pursuing an individual not a group of people.

rhan

Smash Hero
Honestly in a court case Plank would get off with everything.

So there would be no point to put more money into something that will ultimately cost you more with no pay back.

Best to just forget about this. Only way to get back at Plank is to not attend anything he does now. Cuz it's obvious that he's not going to do anything about it at this point due to the fact he's pretty damn broke and gone now.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Honestly in a court case Plank would get off with everything.

So there would be no point to put more money into something that will ultimately cost you more with no pay back.

Best to just forget about this. Only way to get back at Plank is to not attend anything he does now. Cuz it's obvious that he's not going to do anything about it at this point due to the fact he's pretty damn broke and gone now.

start a fund to sue plank? everyone donates a little, and gets a little back.

Sliq

Smash Master
Everyone in this thread is ********.

Every single one of you are stupid and you should feel ashamed to be as dumb as you are.

I'm flabbergasted at the shear stupid that is this thread, and I feel the world is a worse place because of its existence.

Pi

Smash Hero
Everyone in this thread is ********.

Every single one of you are stupid and you should feel ashamed to be as dumb as you are.

I'm flabbergasted at their shear stupid that is this thread, and I feel the world is a worse place because of its existence.
idk how to blank post

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm flabbergasted at your sheer inability to properly spell.
Ho ho, I used 'their' instead of 'the'. I've been thoroughly bested by the man the went back and had to edit his own post after he discovered a spelling mistake and did not want to look foolish.

Also, not so much of a spelling error as much as inadvertently using a word with a very similar character layout and then not proofreading my post.

Pink Reaper, more like Stink Reaper, amirite?

I'm hilarious.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
It's odd, people say it's going to look ugly for the community if people actually DOES something but.. right now well at least to me, the community looks like a bunch of lazy bums without any real guts to defend what's right to them.
Why doesn't anyone have balls? All sit and moan behind a computer screen about an issue that would be resolved in the real world in very few moments... go kick his ***.
This .

***** you just ********
LMAO No.

Tbh I think it's fair to claim that most fighting communities are jealous. How many of them are as successful as smash? We have a gigantic grassroots tournament scene. Many areas have successful weeklies; some (HOBO and Phase, anyone?) have monthlies that often draw over 100 people.

Yeah, they're jealous.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Ho ho, I used 'their' instead of 'the'. I've been thoroughly bested by the man the went back and had to edit his own post after he discovered a spelling mistake and did not want to look foolish.

Also, not so much of a spelling error as much as inadvertently using a word with a very similar character layout and then not proofreading my post.

Pink Reaper, more like Stink Reaper, amirite?

I'm hilarious.
Also you used "shear" as in "To remove by cutting or clipping" instead of "sheer" as in "unqualified, utter."

Was it that hard Sliq?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom