• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
if you got 6 people on 2 TVs, people are definitely going to be playing consecutives
I'm going with worst-case-scenario, here.

LIKE IF PEOPLE **** UP AND DON'T ACTUALLY BRING ENOUGH SETUPS.

*glares at lazy *****es*

If there are enough setups, and people have to play consecutive matches, then that would make it unavoidable...so that's fine :)

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
in bigger pools on more than one tv it can slow things down to have someone run through

youre more likely to end up with several people waiting to fight one guy or something like that

pools of 4-6 on one tv it doesnt make a difference though, only one match can happen at a time either way

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
man its depressing that shroomed is better than me and yet doesnt even know who mike g is

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Im going to excuse my best friends lack of knowledge, and his pure stupidity.

Sorry for that.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol I still play but I haven't been to a OOS national tourney in a long while. I train mostly with Cornel, Chaddd, Merc and now Sleepyk :).

I'm still pretty good at this game:bee:

EDIT: Toasty, I play a bit different now than I did from that match I had with Xif. hehe

toasty

Smash Hero
Mike G IS my father...and we're the same age.

Too ****ing good.

Just watch this set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RVIx-bv3qk

But for real, he's been out of the heavily competitive scene for years and only recently got back into it.

He's still "got it" the way The Doug does, but I wouldn't say either of them match their previously achieved peaks [don't wanna say "primes" because I'm pretty sure they can bring that **** back now that they're practicing again and going to tourneys again =D]

LOL Ally

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Ultima...have you SEEN my Ness?

HAVE YOU?!

[teach me how to fight Link with him so Skler doesn't **** my **** up again next time I play him XD]
Yeah, I played your Ness in mad friendlies @ RoM1. I used to use him mad long ago, don't take my Ness so lightly :p (in the grand scheme of Ness' that is)

Um, I wouldn't imagine it's very hard to fight link w/ ness. Just fair him a lot, and don't let him get above you or below you :)

Banks

Smash Hero
it's all about that metagame, mike G you just have to learn all those new 2010 peach technical tricks...

....so basically you are ALL SET

toasty

Smash Hero
LOL Ultima that's hardly advice...his nair beats everything Ness has except the obvious PKT but that's hella slow and unless you manage to control the pace of the match, you're ****ed because the Link can just do that hanging-nair->2nd nair on your shield and completely **** you up, esp because Ness's shield-stun is SO terrible :(

Clearly, we need to friendly until I can find an answer that isn't "bait into retreating fairs" which is all I've managed to come up with so far >_<

LOL Rain I was JUST about to post that! I was just watching part 3 to figure out which one was better to post XD

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I saw Mike G play Peach at MOAST3 on Corneria 5 years ago to the date from Pound. He inspired me to drop Zelda and pick up pink Peach because of his Peach bombering off the fin.

stelzig

Smash Lord
BAM
Falcomist
moogle
Stelzig
AlexStrife

Hmm. Could someone tell me who these guys use? I'll probably go check them soon myself as well, but still :) (i'm a bit worried half of them use falco right now :()

Marc and Aniolas are both euro. Jonas and Over are both europeans too, but they haven't played ever anyway i guess :p

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
LOL Ultima that's hardly advice...his nair beats everything Ness has except the obvious PKT but that's hella slow and unless you manage to control the pace of the match, you're ****ed because the Link can just do that hanging-nair->2nd nair on your shield and completely **** you up, esp because Ness's shield-stun is SO terrible :(

Clearly, we need to friendly until I can find an answer that isn't "bait into retreating fairs" which is all I've managed to come up with so far >_<

LOL Rain I was JUST about to post that! I was just watching part 3 to figure out which one was better to post XD
Not retreating fairs... approaching. Like you said it's control the pace of the fight. I guess that really goes without saying in any matchup though.

Just make sure your fair is out before he starts one of his moves and you will out range everything he has except fsmash or projectiles. So just space it right. If you pressure links shield right he has to roll, then you just slam him with crazy fast aerials with DJC, either bair or uair. Because of his weight he's easy to hit w/ bair & combo w/ uair. Unfortunately killing him is another issue altogether...

TheLake

Smash Master
Zelda is sooo much cooler than peach

But Mike G is the man i heard hes even cool in person

look forward to playing Rain

Rain vs the lake....in a pool hahaha

It'll be cool to play an email and pakthemothafruckinman too

Lucky is gonna be very...well...unlucky to face :/

hes ma favorite fox after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom