• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
Count me in, singles and doubles brawl.
Doubles partner is J-Mart (I'm BadAxel97)
See everyone there.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
She was in that movie with Ashton Kutcher too... it was pretty funny when I saw it.

But yeah, I wouldn't be able to name another one lol...

rhan

Smash Hero
I just found that out as soon as I got on the comp.

There was already a window open with the info. :(

Death Note conspiracy. I'm telling you.

Edit: She was in Sin City. Which obviously ment something.

Riding in Cars with Boys was probably my favortie movie of hers. God I miss her... She was one of my favorite atresses. :(

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Who's down for some Poker at the Hotel/Venue?
I'm down/ Tried to ge one going at Genesis but I was too busy (sorry again everyone lol). If I'm broke I'll just deal tho :D

_milktea said:
Lol I remember you drunk at Genesis. That was a trip :p I'm down

[/quote]

And Britteny Murphey was cute as hell. I guess she got married a year ago. My guess is the stress from marriage got to her :p

All seriousness that sucks. 09 reminds me of all the dead celebrities from 97. A lot of the biggest talent all ripped away *goes to watch the Southpark episode again*

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
people care way too much about celebrities. who gives a ****. we idolize celebrities way too much. also nes n00b died in a car accident whereas brittany murphy probably had a heart attack from excessive coke.

why are people so upset by the death of some random unrelated celebrity that we are supposed to care about. i hate our culture tho and i dont give two ****s about celebrities. might as well have told me a random guy in nex mexico died, it pertains just as much to me.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Who's down for some Poker at the Hotel/Venue?
Do not start this without me lol! I'm down

Alright, anyone wanna $5 mm in Brawl? Toon Link vs. your main. *calls Plank out*

So far I only have one with DR.PP

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You should still be at least somewhat respectful toward a person that has lost their life before their time.

It doesnt matter if its some one you dont know or have never met before, if someone was saying this stuff about nes noob, youd be upset because you knew him. Some people did know Murphy personally, so at least give it a couple days without being disrespectful.

DJRome

Smash Hero
you guys are *****. im not saying you should care. im saying you should be respectful and not mock her death. does it matter that you did not know her? it's just as easy for someone to say, "oh nes noob, i don't play smash, but he's just some kid that was good at video games. pool for next gamer to die?"

don't give me this boohoo crap about celebrities being idolized and thus not worthy of human respect. im not asking anyone to grieve this loss. i stated that i was sad because it seems reasonable to find sympathy towards a 32 year old who dies of a heart attack. i am pissed because you guys, being *****, decided to inappropriately politicize the event into some issue about celebrity idolatry.

Banks

Smash Hero
the only reason we know about britney murphy's death is because she WAS a celebrity. people die every second, and no one is grieving every second of the day for every single person they don't know or care about.

i can't even think of a good movie she was in either...

edit - wait, nevermind. i liked 8 Mile. because of eminem.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to split a hotel room? Looking for 4 other people; it'll be $50 a person to stay Friday-Monday. Deal ends the 25th, so get at me.

Edit: No one needs to pay until Jan 15th.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm not a fan, but understand people, EVERYONE is a human being, with likes, dislikes, a unique personality, and friends and family that care about them. Everyone is irreplaceable, and the dead deserve respect, because when it comes right down to it, there are people that miss them just as much as you miss people in your life that die.

Honestly, the attitude that "I didn't know them, so I don't care" is just pathetic, it's the same attitude that allows women to be ***** and killed in full view outside an apartment building with not a single of the hundred people calling the police.

It's dehumanization, because when you don't know them, as far as you're concerned, they're just a number. It is the refusal to humanize people that allows for all atrocities to be committed, from genocide on down.

the only reason we know about britney murphy's death is because she WAS a celebrity. people die every second, and no one is grieving every second of the day for every single person they don't know or care about.

i can't even think of a good movie she was in either...
Look, I understand that you didn't know her personally, but she was just as much a person as your friends, and honestly the fact that we won't give a second thought for a dead person that we don't know is more of the more horrible qualities humans have.

If you didn't know, then fine, it's impossible to know everybody who died. But at least respect her memory.

TokiDoki

Smash Journeyman
And ss outplaces scar =)
they also playing a lot of friendlies on stream right now, ss is winning most =D

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ATTENTION ALL: Just so everyone knows your hotel rooms MUST be gotten by christmas! dec 25th is the last day for the awesome deal, and we need lots of rooms, so dont miss out! 3 weeks til this basically

ill be making a teammate thread soon for people listing all registrants+teams and ill be making a thread soon for people to post arrival times.

we are gettin closeeee ^^

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ATTENTION ALL: Just so everyone knows your hotel rooms MUST be gotten by christmas! dec 25th is the last day for the awesome deal, and we need lots of rooms, so dont miss out! 3 weeks til this basically

ill be making a teammate thread soon for people listing all registrants+teams and ill be making a thread soon for people to post arrival times.

we are gettin closeeee ^^
srs business

Leacero

Smash Lord
Honestly, the attitude that "I didn't know them, so I don't care" is just pathetic, it's the same attitude that allows women to be ***** and killed in full view outside an apartment building with not a single of the hundred people calling the police.
Assuming you're talking about the Kitty Genovese case, that's actually the textbook example for the diffusion of responsibility and bystander effect. Make another example.

rhan

Smash Hero
Why not use Toasty's idea and take the names out the title and replace it with the "hotel deal"'s end date?

After all this thread goes a mile a minute.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
I'm not a fan, but understand people, EVERYONE is a human being, with likes, dislikes, a unique personality, and friends and family that care about them. Everyone is irreplaceable, and the dead deserve respect, because when it comes right down to it, there are people that miss them just as much as you miss people in your life that die.

It's dehumanization, because when you don't know them, as far as you're concerned, they're just a number. It is the refusal to humanize people that allows for all atrocities to be committed, from genocide on down.

Look, I understand that you didn't know her personally, but she was just as much a person as your friends, and honestly the fact that we won't give a second thought for a dead person that we don't know is more of the more horrible qualities humans have.

If you didn't know, then fine, it's impossible to know everybody who died. But at least respect her memory.
I find it ironic on how many of us never knew NES n00b personally yet grieve over him while we all don't seem to give a dang about this other person.

Back on topic: Pound 4 Mario and Ken hype.

rhan

Smash Hero
I never met Nes n00b and I cried when I heard the news. :(

When I heard Brittany passed..... I cried.

Guess I'm jsut too nice of a guy huh?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I met Nes n00b more than once.

And for anyone that still cares, i didnt talk **** about anyone that died, i just laughed at the idea of a celebrity death pool.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
We'll trade #s at the venue and we'll party crash your room >:].

Same offer goes to anyone else.

By the way, our rooms are FULL. A lot of people seem to think they're staying with us?Please figure out stuff.
Sounds good Lil. Pound 4 hotel will be amazing.

10 more days to register people. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Can't sleep for what ever reason and I remember doing one of these for Genesis so I figure why not do one for Pound too.

(link to the original for Genesis)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7772860&postcount=4961

Twas the Month Before Pound

Twas the month before Pound 4, when from house to house
Every smasher was training, especially the South.
Plank was up prepping this tourney with care
Knowing hundreds of smashers soon would be there.

The smashers were up not thinking about beds,
While visions of upsets ran through their heads.
And controllers in their hands, and eyes glued to the tv,
Practicing our tech skill for the whole world to see.

When out in the threads there arose such a catch,
Armada is returning, and he wants a rematch!
Away to the boards on my computer I bound,
Thats when I read, all of Europe is coming to Pound!

Zgetto and Faab, and Amsah whom we all know,
They're all coming to put on one hell of a show.
When what on the registration site should appear,
But SS and Darkrain and Isai will be there!

Scar will kill mufassa, Hax will be reppin,
But TecZero and Alukard, the Falcons they will be upsettin.
DrPP is preparing that falco of fame,
Hbox isn't worried, the rematch outcome will be the same!

Now Mew2King, now Kage, now Shiz and DJ Nintendo,
They will all be aiming to be the one to topple Mang0.
They'll take him to Battlefield, FD, their call,
He doesn't care, he'll 4 stock them all.

Yet what to my dismay I spy,
Registration is low, Brawl is just 65!
But Dekar is going and Ally is too,
The only thing missing is a registration from YOU!

And then in an instant, I began training cuz I'm noob,
I jumped to watch videos of smashers on youtube.
I'll learn all my techskill from the famous Zhu,
I'll learn how to upset like Axe's Pikachu.

I'll learn good spacing, my controller I shall caress,
Maybe I'll be good enough to take on Toasty's Ness!
A bundle of mindgames I'll have ready to rock,
All just incase I face Waffles Doc.

Milktea is ready, claims she'll win in ERS,
But to her surprise, she'll learn why I'm the best.
It's going to be cold, theres a good chance of snow,
But no johns son, just deal with it and go.

Looking forward to crews, I'll be on the edge of my seat,
If midwest actually wins, it will be quite a feat.
Three rounds of pools, a bracket you can't sandbag,
Heres to hoping the recording doesn't lag.

We'll see big smashers and small, some as short as an elf.
We'll see sad smashers and funny smashers and those like yourself.
A gimp here a rest there, now you're ahead.
But pay close attention, one slip up and you're dead.

So now we ask, why aren't you signed up yet?
6 months preparation, is money that hard to get?
Get off your butt, help the registration rise,
The fun you'll have here will be a big surprise.

The day is upon us, excitement there will be,
Epic times shall be had, just wait and you'll see.
Some matches will be great, some will be tragic,
And yet once again, I'll be the twin doing card magic.

Awesome smashing to all, and to all a good fight!
-Twin_A

:link:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
this tourny is gonna be nuts.

i cant believe how much of europe is coming. and i saw a post a while back about 8 puerto ricans booked flights ages ago, and just random people from random countries. this is gonna be so freaking amazing.

DJRome

Smash Hero
yeah ameliorate your bad taste with retrospective clarification :\ im really glad people here like to speak for everyone. cause i know everyone is thrilled by deaths of people who are young and are liked by people in their field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom