• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I just realized pound 3 was only a 32 man bracket. **** lol it's gonna be like 4 rounds of pools if enough people come. Lol nobody will make it out.

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
then I want the top 32 to ALL be best 3/5 sets with losers finals and GF 4/7. This is ONLY IF WE HAVE ENOUGH TIME.
Jon, any chance this stems from that convo we had at like the last Brawl tourny you went to, the Dojo I think. I brought up if you'd ever do 3/5 b4 Winners and Grand finals and make you told me that be an idea worth trying one day.

Just wondering if that chat influenced this XD

PB&J

Smash Hero
i rather have 32 man bracket..i know many good people are coming..but pound 3 made me want to play so much better since all the death pools around

Anth0ny

Smash Master
3/5 for everything before finals would be awesome. I really hope that there's enough time for that.

And the 32 man bracket is going to be INSANITY considering how many quality players will be coming to this.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
yea 3/5 sounds fine if we get enough time. And my pool was pretty beast..I dnt think it was as crazy as Alu's lol but it def was mad hard.

White Mike, go get a van. The car ride down to Pound 3 with me gmoney hazz reno and starz was mad fun.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
32-man bracket would probably make things intense right off. If you do it (and I completely support the idea), best 3 of 5 for all sets in brackets would be awesome.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
People have to play their pool matches then.

Last time we had huge delays cause of regional crews and such. I think if we do all pools first 2 days than we have this.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Hopefully pools will be done halfway through day 2 at the latest... leaving time for singles bracket on Sunday. If the 3/5 thing ends up happening, singles will probably leak into Monday, and it should hopefully still leave plenty of time for crews =D

Alukard

Smash Hero
thats a crazy idea swift =D

i'm definitely going to do that at ROM as well ... i mean if people wouldn't mind ^_^

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Are you doing this for melee and brawl or just melee?

I suggest just melee. Maybe have top 16 or top 8 or something be 3/5 for brawl but not the whole bracket. Would take too long.

strawhats

Smash Master
I actually like this idea... Makes matches more fun to watch when the big names start to fight each other.

That means you Armada/M2K

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Are you doing this for melee and brawl or just melee?

I suggest just melee. Maybe have top 16 or top 8 or something be 3/5 for brawl but not the whole bracket. Would take too long.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Getting a big Brawl tournament done with 2/3 is tough enough (COT4, Genesis), let alone having the bracket 3/5.

Imagine that :laugh:

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
hey, it's that guy that stole stealth's sheik on mk combo and named it after himself.
Uh what? I have never stole anything from Stealth.
The only combo I named after myself was a Sheik footstool combo. I wanted to call it Saltus but a couple of people (including <3) said that it should be named Savior.
So I named it the Savior Combo, but later changed it to Saltus just because I thought that naming something after yourself was dumb.

:EDIT:
Ooooooooh... I know what you are talking about now.
Leaf made a thread about the footstool combo and while everyone was talking about it Stealth made the post about it being an infinite.
I had already begun testing by then. However, when I did read it I decided to put his name in the special thanks because he has also had the idea.

Oh, #1 it is not an infinite and #2 it it does not work on MK
That and it is freakin hard to use in a match.
Well... except on ROB. If I fight a ROB I'm footstooling the *******.
.8 miles from the venue in downtown frederick
Coooool, if it is less than a Mile I can just walk to it! ^^

Anth0ny

Smash Master
hate all you want but I got Appex done early

oh thats right I knew what i was doing :)
Yeah dude Apex is the exception. Best Brawl tourney (and finals) ever ;)

But even still, I don't think it would have finished on time if the entire bracket was 3/5. No Brawl tournament would finish on time with 3/5, unless the timer was set at 4 minutes or something :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom