• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
So...assuming Mii Fighter(s) appear on the CSS, would they appear before WFT like they should or not?

Also, I'm pretty surprised another smoking gun hasn't revealed itself. Why hasn't the game leaked yet? What kind of torture device are the Ninjas using this time?

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
This is the sort of thing I'm talking about. Last warning, guys, I'm not taking any more of this.
Please don't punish everyone just because of the random users who join the topic to post one trollish thing. He's a new user that has five posts and its pretty clear he probably hasn't seen the warnings scattered about the thread. We can't control those types of people so locking the thread wouldn't teach anyone any lessons (which is the overall goal of punishment/reward) since its beyond our ability to stop newer users from posting silly things. If I could learn to mind control new users who are unaware of the warnings to stay away from the thread, I would! D:

If a long time poster in the thread breaks one of the rules/boundaries you guys set in place then its fair game. They're deliberately breaking your terms of agreement so they deserve the punishment, but this just isn't even our fault. The best we can do is ignore those posts, and we did...an ooookay job at that. Next time I think it'd be best if we just don't reply at all to a "fire starter" post like that.

------------

If this hasn't been posted yet, this is a good analysis of all the leaks and etc that we've seen over the last few months: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2fdfmc/a_look_at_recent_leaks_some_analysis_some/

A lot of it's stuff we know but it does cross examine this leak with other ones and shows that some of the older ones we've dismissed may actually be onto something. My favorite part is the little part about all the Brawl leaks people dismissed and totally forgot about until after the game was released. A few of the recent posts have been about old 4chan leaks that might have legitimacy to them, so I thought this was fitting.

Last edited:

WooMooWooWooMoo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Quattro_Thunder
3DS FC
1934-0666-8269
You know, I'm kinda glad the leaker lost his job. What he did was kind of an *** move
Yea, the leaker got what he deserved. Sakurai put his life into this game. He worked during holidays and his birthday, the man is dedicated and its a shame it was ruined by some ****head.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Yea, the leaker got what he deserved. Sakurai put his life into this game. He worked during holidays and his birthday, the man is dedicated and its a shame it was ruined by some ****head.

Kind of off-topic but I literally just posted that video like 2 posts up.

cothero

Smash Lord
Wait, Sakurai actually thinks it's acceptable for him to bring back Dr. Mario instead of Mewtwo?
Because it's easier for his team to work on
Something i think a lot of people haven't thought about is the fact that we have 3 clones currently, who if Lucina is anything to make reference off of where last minute additions that weren't originally planned for the roster. Which also means that the character selection screen could function differently if we tried to rearrange it without the clones present. I'm still holding out hope that lucas wolf and ice climbers are there, while both lucas and wolf maybe be considered clones of fox and ness they both had unique normal attacks completely original to their character with the only clone like traits they had being specials and even then they were different in execution and function, while excluding ice climbers or that series as a whole from being playable seems odd considering they have representation in smash run which so far hasn't had enemies related to series that don't have a character rep.
I have a strong feeling that Impa is one of the remaining character (if there's any), and she'll be a Sheik clone. Mario received three newcomers in this game and it's very likely that Zelda is getting one too, given it's importance as franchise. We got three clones already, four with Impa. Why a clone, you say? Because there's no space in the Zelda row in the full roster screen, but there's one more space below in the clones row. Besides, Impa belongs to the sheikah race (same as Sheik, being Zelda in disguise), which is the perfect excuse to give her the "clone treatment".

Last edited:

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986

A friend of mine just sent me this. I don't know where it's originally from, but a picture of it was posted on Know Your Meme.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
October 3rd just means its release date. New character trailer and more likely refers to the contents of the website. IIRC, it's emails Nintendo has been sending to people.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

A friend of mine just sent me this. I don't know where it's originally from, but a picture of it was posted on Know Your Meme.
It's an email from Nintendo that was sent after Shulk was revealed.
I don't think its for a character reveal on release, rather its telling you to go to the sight to see Shulk's trailer

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
A poster on Reddit, Ferral One, put this together. I'm interested in your thoughts.
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2fdfmc/a_look_at_recent_leaks_some_analysis_some/

It gives me hope for 5 extra characters:

"Roster Order

First, I'd like to open up with this small tidbit. Here are 3 different 3DS roster screens we've seen so far:

E3 Demo

Japanese eShop page

Leaked roster

Some interesting things to note -

• The Japanese eShop page is thought by some to be the starting roster. If that's the case, like in Brawl, Sakurai has tried to keep most of the secret characters under wraps prior to release.

• Characters are specifically grouped. It seems to be by Series (by year of series launch), followed by independent reps, clones, and guests. More here.

• If you look at the leaked roster, there is a strange break between single reps and clones, between WiiFitTrainer and Shulk.
Extra fighter space

This caught my eye this morning. Compare the arrangement of the roster leak against the arrangement of the screenshot of roster seen on the Japanese esShop.

The roster on the Japanese screenshot has 4 rows of fighters completely filled, with 8 fighters per row. There is an additional 5th row with 4 fighters, which makes for total of 36 fighters. However, if you look at the leaked roster and we assume it's legit, it has 9 fighters in each of those 4 rows, with an entire additional row containing 8 more fighters. Going off the remaining space, you could easily fit 5 more fighters on screen, as is.However, the 'as it is' would be the keyword here, because the two roster sets appear to take up about the same amount of screen real-estate, meaning the icons will scale as characters are unlocked. Even assuming you couldn't add UI/Control functionality to expand the menu (which you can), you can assume that build could have more than 5 fighters. Note: This assumes that the hardware/cart can support that many fighters without SD Cards, DLC, or Internal memory"

Thoughts?​
What has me most interested is why they keep the final row intact. Considering the eShop image to be the starting roster, I made a gif to illustrate how I think the screen will fill up up to the leak image: roster

Green is eShop, red is leak. As you can see, the final row is always the same.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
one thing i noticed about the leak, if your going to keep toon link and bring back dr mario, why cut lucas and wolf?

Rakath

Smash Ace
one thing i noticed about the leak, if your going to keep toon link and bring back dr mario, why cut lucas and wolf?
Toon Link, due to size and weight differences, plays very differently from Link. Doc was added due to another character not working out when his model was prepared for an alt Mario color. Lucas doesn't really play all that differently from Ness, when you scale the various semi-clone characters. And Wolf suffers from not being Falco.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You cut Wolf because he's a clone where another clone already exists. You cut Lucas because Mother 3 is no longer relevant.
Once again, I don't understand why people say Wolf's a clone. He's a semi-clone at the worst.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So, now that the 8 costumes thing was confirmed, could this actually be true, or is it just not going to happen?
ERZBZqB_zpsd661cff9.jpg

pickle962

Smash Lord
So I was happening to be browsing 4chan's video game section just now and I kid you not, SAL FRIGGEN ROMANO just posted a thread giving us one last bit of leaked info before the Japanese release of Smash 4 on the 3DS

According to his source, the Chorus Men were considered at one point, but were ultimately scrapped much like Chrom was and the Duck Hunt Dog is officially confirmed as Sal mentions that the pooch is the Chorus Men's replacement as the last unlikely/WTF character

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/261512957

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sure he isn't...Red Landmaster disagrees.
Sure, only sharing special moves that have distinct differences make him a clone.
The rest of his original moves diagrees.

TheRealLegit StevenSeagal

Smash Apprentice
So I was happening to be browsing 4chan's video game section just now and I kid you not, SAL FRIGGEN ROMANO just posted a thread giving us one last bit of leaked info before the Japanese release of Smash 4 on the 3DS

According to his source, the Chorus Men were considered at one point, but were ultimately scrapped much like Chrom was and the Duck Hunt Dog is officially confirmed as Sal mentions that the pooch is the Chorus Men's replacement as the last unlikely/WTF character

I am not buying into him.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
I'll have to disagree. What you are saying is the same to say Zelda and Sheik are clones.

Just now he manifests? How convenient don't you think?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I call that lazy development; rushed if we want to be sympathetic. Falco should've gotten an Arwing Final Smash even if it was just him hopping into an Arwing and shooting down the stage or him just hovering and shooting like Snake's and SSB4's ZSS's Final Smash. Wolf should've gotten Star Wolf to carpet bomb everyone or something with pulling out a Gatling gun, rocket launcher, or something nefarious and super.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Part of me feels maybe it is too good to be true, but even so, I figured I might as well share it regardless of the validity of said leak :p Back on topic, I imagine this thread won't be open anymore once we know the final roster?

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
You guys can say what you want, but Sal's leak got so much more right, than it did wrong. He's a winner in my book.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

I could see reason in that, after all he has predicted almost all of our newcomers, and don't say it was a lucky guess cause that is a horrible argument against some one who predicted wii fit trainer and villager.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You guys can say what you want, but Sal's leak got so much more right, than it did wrong. He's a winner in my book.
If he ain't 100%, then he's a loser. Even if he was off by .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%, he'd still be a loser.

TheRealLegit StevenSeagal

Smash Apprentice
I'd not even put him over 50%, i will give him credit for Wii fit trainer,but no rosalina, bowser jr, chrom was false, no duck hunt dog, no dark pit, meh.

His leak was entertaining though.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'll have to disagree. What you are saying is the same to say Zelda and Sheik are clones.
This makes legitimately no sense. Their movesets aren't based off another, while Fox/Falco/Wolf most certainly are. You can try to differentiate them all you want, but the fact of the matter is they're Kens to Ryu until they do massive retooling. Personally, I'd rather have Wolf in the game than Falco because I feel that Villains are more important to Smash than sidekicks. But the issue with them is Falco came first in the series and in Smash, and while Wolf may be different more than Falco, they're basically the same idea: Fox tweaked in a different way.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I'd not even put him over 50%, i will give him credit for Wii fit trainer,but no rosalina, bowser jr, chrom was false, no duck hunt dog, no dark pit, meh.

His leak was entertaining though.
You can't call a leak false for missing content, only incorrect content. Yeah, he missed stuff, but the vast majority of it ended up being true.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't care about clones that much, the term itself that is. Smash is a fighting game where you play as cool characters, that's the most important thing, if you guys wanna argue about clones or whatever fine. But i'm more interested in seeing the movesets of the NEW coming characters like duck hunt.

Last edited:

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
Guys, we SERIOULSY need to make clear that the Ninka leak did NOT have Mewtwo and Ridley in it. Idk, just make an annotation in the OP or something.

You can't call a leak false for missing content, only incorrect content. Yeah, he missed stuff, but the vast majority of it ended up being true.
Besides, everything the gematsu leak stated bar Chrom and CM has been confirmed so far. And it has been widely speculated that the info he got was outdated so it makes sense he knew about Chrom and a "Pokemon from XY"

EDIT: Can someone actually confirm if this leaker is indeed the actual Sal Romano? Although I guess it doesn't matter in the end since he does not reveal anything new, I guess

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom