• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This is Japan's commercial for Super Smash Bros. 3DS, if only North American commercials were like this =)
1. That was posted on the main page hours ago.
2. What does that have to do with the leak. At all.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
This thread: 1% Leak. 99% Hot Gas.

But seriously, surprised nothing else has leaked yet.. I suppose it should be any day now.
After what happened to the NoA leaker? If I had info I wouldn't leak it in fear of that. Also in respect for sakurai.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This thread: 1% Leak. 99% Hot Gas.

But seriously, surprised nothing else has leaked yet.. I suppose it should be any day now.
I can guarantee someone is going to snag a copy a week early due to a retailing fluke.

Whether or not information comes out of it however is another question.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
1. That was posted on the main page hours ago.
2. What does that have to do with the leak. At all.
All I said was that I wish that North American commercials could be like this, you don't have to be rude about it, geez :glare:

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
1. Why do you have to be so rude?
2. I DIDN'T say this had anything to do with the leak :mad:
1. I wasn't being rude, I was just pointing out that you're quite a bit late to the party. If you took it as being rude I apologize for not choosing better wording.
2. Then why are you posting this in the leak thread?
EDIT: 3. Geez that's the third time in 5 minutes you've edited your entire post. Chill dude.

Ugh, anyways, back to what little discussion of the actual leak remains...

So what exactly does the whole 8 costume thing support? I know that one of the leaks saI'd it, but was it the same NoA leaker or not?

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Keep it nice, guys. I've had a few people complaining to me about this thread. I don't want to lock it, but if little tiffs like this keep happening, they could add up.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Keep it nice, guys. I've had a few people complaining to me about this thread. I don't want to lock it, but if little tiffs like this keep happening, they could add up.
I'd lock it if I were you anyways since we already talked the main topic to death and I don't see another leak happening until the japan release.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
1. I wasn't being rude, I was just pointing out that you're quite a bit late to the party. If you took it as being rude I apologize for not choosing better wording.
2. Then why are you posting this in the leak thread?
EDIT: 3. Geez that's the third time in 5 minutes you've edited your entire post. Chill dude.

Ugh, anyways, back to what little discussion of the actual leak remains...

So what exactly does the whole 8 costume thing support? I know that one of the leaks saI'd it, but was it the same NoA leaker or not?
I think it was ninka/vanrose

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I think it was ninka/vanrose
That was the neogaf poster that predicted Bowser Jr and Shulk's movesets, correct?

I'd lock it if I were you anyways since we already talked the main topic to death and I don't see another leak happening until the japan release.
I think I can agree to this. A lot of the talk going around is just repeats anyhow.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
It was part of Ninka's stuff.
-Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers (Why), and Wolf are cut
-Doctor Mario is back as a clone
-Dark Pit is a newcomer as a clone
-Each character gets 8 alternate costumes, whether they be pallet swaps or new costumes.
-Alph appears as 4 of Olimar's costumes, while the other 4 are Olimar's.
-Shulk will be playable with Gaur Plains as his stage, his neutral B changes his Monado mode which essentially makes him dish more damage and take more, or do less damage, and take less.
-Bowser Jr appears as a new comer and allegedly fights from a mario kart... has no alt colors, but instead has the 7 koopalings as alts.
-Duck Hunt is in... from what I've been told it's the duck hunt dog fighting with ducks on his back who assist for certain attacks...

*Edit more info
-Shulk has like 5 different mode swaps
-Bowser Jr rides in a koopa kart that attacks with cannon balls and boxing gloves and stuff that eject from the clowns mouth.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I just want the actual game right now, all this speculation is killing me... :crazy:

I agree it just feels like beating a dead horse...:

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
That was the neogaf poster that predicted Bowser Jr and Shulk's movesets, correct?

I think I can agree to this. A lot of the talk going around is just repeats anyhow.
That was Ninka's leak, not from NeoGAF. I don't remember exactly where Ninka's leak came from, but someone did quoted it in another forum (which was also mistaken for NeoGAF) and added onto it.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?508104-Super-Smash-Bros-for-Wii-U-3DS-(Info-amp-Discussion-Thread!)/page758

Squirtle and Ivy need to gtfo. We already have MORE than enough first gen rep in ssb
:<

I understand where you're coming from with that but I don't really like the idea of wanting to cut characters away from others. I mean despite maining Ivysaur, I've already accepted he and Squirtle are gone, but to see people saying they should never come back is just kind of mean to others that loved playing as them.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Why are you guys trying to get this thread closed? If you guys feel like this thread is done, just leave man. No one is forcing you guys to keep coming back to this thread if you think the conversation is going in circles. Some of us still like this thread, so this attitude of "we're done with this so lets ruin it for the others" really irritates me.

Back on topic, where did that speculation part on the Ninka/Vaanrose leak even originate from? Was it just thrown on there or was it based on actual information? I can't make sense of that whole speculation bit.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Robin is an avatar character in Fire Emblem Awakening. They're a custom character with about 24 custom models and 12 different hair colors.
3 body builds
5 faces per build
5 hair styles per build

That's 75 character models for each gender, totaling 150 models.

Then there's 20 hair colors that aren't dependent on model.

They won't use the other two builds, as that would change hit boxes. But that'd still be 50 models to choose from with 20 hair colors available.

And those wouldn't just spawn new threads if this were closed because...?

Last edited:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
A poster on Reddit, Ferral One, put this together. I'm interested in your thoughts.
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2fdfmc/a_look_at_recent_leaks_some_analysis_some/

It gives me hope for 5 extra characters:

"Roster Order

First, I'd like to open up with this small tidbit. Here are 3 different 3DS roster screens we've seen so far:

E3 Demo

Japanese eShop page

Leaked roster

Some interesting things to note -

• The Japanese eShop page is thought by some to be the starting roster. If that's the case, like in Brawl, Sakurai has tried to keep most of the secret characters under wraps prior to release.

• Characters are specifically grouped. It seems to be by Series (by year of series launch), followed by independent reps, clones, and guests. More here.

• If you look at the leaked roster, there is a strange break between single reps and clones, between WiiFitTrainer and Shulk.
Extra fighter space

This caught my eye this morning. Compare the arrangement of the roster leak against the arrangement of the screenshot of roster seen on the Japanese esShop.

The roster on the Japanese screenshot has 4 rows of fighters completely filled, with 8 fighters per row. There is an additional 5th row with 4 fighters, which makes for total of 36 fighters. However, if you look at the leaked roster and we assume it's legit, it has 9 fighters in each of those 4 rows, with an entire additional row containing 8 more fighters. Going off the remaining space, you could easily fit 5 more fighters on screen, as is.However, the 'as it is' would be the keyword here, because the two roster sets appear to take up about the same amount of screen real-estate, meaning the icons will scale as characters are unlocked. Even assuming you couldn't add UI/Control functionality to expand the menu (which you can), you can assume that build could have more than 5 fighters. Note: This assumes that the hardware/cart can support that many fighters without SD Cards, DLC, or Internal memory"

Thoughts?​

Last edited:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Other M Ridley is an atrocious, indignant design. It's like the holocaust and Barney had a baby.

I'd rather have no Ridley at all than get Other M Ridley.

(Edit: Double post. Sorry.)
Reminds me of the power rangers

brawlerdude

Smash Rookie
A poster on Reddit, Ferral One, put this together. I'm interested in your thoughts.

"Roster Order

First, I'd like to open up with this small tidbit. Here are 3 different 3DS roster screens we've seen so far:

E3 Demo

Japanese eShop page

Leaked roster

• The Japanese eShop page is thought by some to be the starting roster. If that's the case, like in Brawl, Sakurai has tried to keep most of the secret characters under wraps prior to release.

• Characters are specifically grouped. It seems to be by Series (by year of series launch), followed by independent reps, clones, and guests. More here.

• If you look at the leaked roster, there is a strange break between single reps and clones, between WiiFitTrainer and Shulk.
Extra fighter space

This caught my eye this morning. Compare the arrangement of the roster leak against the arrangement of the screenshot of roster seen on the Japanese esShop.

The roster on the Japanese screenshot has 4 rows of fighters completely filled, with 8 fighters per row. There is an additional 5th row with 4 fighters, which makes for total of 36 fighters. However, if you look at the leaked roster and we assume it's legit, it has 9 fighters in each of those 4 rows, with an entire additional row containing 8 more fighters. Going off the remaining space, you could easily fit 5 more fighters on screen, as is.However, the 'as it is' would be the keyword here, because the two roster sets appear to take up about the same amount of screen real-estate, meaning the icons will scale as characters are unlocked. Even assuming you couldn't add UI/Control functionality to expand the menu (which you can), you can assume that build could have more than 5 fighters. Note: This assumes that the hardware/cart can support that many fighters without SD Cards, DLC, or Internal memory"

Thoughts?​
I don't get why Yoshi would be in the middle of the Mario characters, since he has his own franchise, unless this isn't the full roster. The Miis aren't there, probably due to customizations being disabled whenever the picture was taken (I'm referring to the leaked roster, although, they are also absent from the picture on the Japanese eShop...) Anyways, that means we have room for 4 characters, assuming the Miis all share one slot, and assuming that there even will be secret characters, which we all expect. As for who could possibly fill that extra space, it's all speculation. The Wolf/Impa "leak" is fake and the other roster "leak":

has a dated model for Ridley, and is missing the Miis altogether. Plus, the Wolf picture looks identical to that of the Impa leak.

As for starting roster, the original 8, of course, but in addition to that, idk who...

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I don't get why Yoshi would be in the middle of the Mario characters, since he has his own franchise, unless this isn't the full roster. The Miis aren't there, probably due to customizations being disabled whenever the picture was taken (I'm referring to the leaked roster, although, they are also absent from the picture on the Japanese eShop...) Anyways, that means we have room for 4 characters, assuming the Miis all share one slot, and assuming that there even will be secret characters, which we all expect. As for who could possibly fill that extra space, it's all speculation. The Wolf/Impa "leak" is fake and the other roster "leak":

has a dated model for Ridley, and is missing the Miis altogether. Plus, the Wolf picture looks identical to that of the Impa leak.

As for starting roster, the original 8, of course, but in addition to that, idk who...
I get that Yoshi has his own series & logo in Smash, but I think he's included with the Mario series because of the fact that he originated there, and because of his importance to the Mario series as a whole. It's still speculation on my part, but if that's the reasoning, it could make sense why he's in there before Rosalina or Bowser Jr. who are still relatively new additions to the series and have a lesser impact on it as a whole.

Mod Aure

Smash Cadet
Interesting theory there. From everything I've read on this thread so far, space isn't an issue. The game is only 2.1 GB big, and apparently the smallest cartridge size is 4GB.

Edit: Did Uprising come out before FE:A? Just checking between Dark Pit and Lucina.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Interesting theory there. From everything I've read on this thread so far, space isn't an issue. The game is only 2.1 GB big, and apparently the smallest cartridge size is 4GB.

Edit: Did Uprising come out before FE:A? Just checking between Dark Pit and Lucina.
Uprising came out before FE:A, yes.

:4greninja:'d

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Something i think a lot of people haven't thought about is the fact that we have 3 clones currently, who if Lucina is anything to make reference off of where last minute additions that weren't originally planned for the roster. Which also means that the character selection screen could function differently if we tried to rearrange it without the clones present. I'm still holding out hope that lucas wolf and ice climbers are there, while both lucas and wolf maybe be considered clones of fox and ness they both had unique normal attacks completely original to their character with the only clone like traits they had being specials and even then they were different in execution and function, while excluding ice climbers or that series as a whole from being playable seems odd considering they have representation in smash run which so far hasn't had enemies related to series that don't have a character rep.

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
About the leaked roster, something doesn't add up: the Mario row and Pokemon row doesn't follow the year of appearance rule, Bowser Jr. should be before Rosalina and Jigglypuff before Lucario, even if unlockable characters get the last place, that doesn't explain the fact that Greninja is the last in the PKMN row. Maybe those row will get changed when the full roster is unlocked, adding Dr. Mario to the Mario row and maybe Mewtwo for the Poke row.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think we should temporarily close this thread until we get some sort of update in the future.

Everyone is just spinning in circles waiting for news.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Can't you just remove his post instead of locking the whole entire thread?
The thread won't need to be locked if people stop treating this place as another social.

I think we should temporarily close this thread until we get some sort of update in the future.

I kinda suggested for this to happen earlier, but I think it may be staying open, with close moderation. With that being said...since there's just a bunch of waiting around, with users still wanting to post and people not listening to warnings, infractions are probably incoming if this keeps up.

*shrugs*

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

I think were fine, because if we do a lot of people are going to either:
  • Make new threads, then the admins/mods will delete it making the creator butthurt
  • Try to comment when the pic of the day comes to say "this further proves the ninka/vanroose leak"
  • Complain that it is closed

And i/we really don't want that that crap happening.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2fdfmc/a_look_at_recent_leaks_some_analysis_some/

"Roster Order

E3 Demo

Japanese eShop page

Leaked roster

Extra fighter space

Thoughts?​
I want to see people discuss this now. it seems like a fresh new perspective.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Ooooooh if Sakurai disconfimed Ridley while confirming Bandana Dee x3
I would be so mad if that happened. lol I know that would be contradictory to what I said previously, but Kirby already has 3 reps. I am all for BD, but come on, Ridley should be in. No villain fo rMetroid as a character.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
So...assuming Mii Fighter(s) appear on the CSS, would they appear before WFT like they should or not?

Also, I'm pretty surprised another smoking gun hasn't revealed itself. Why hasn't the game leaked yet? What kind of torture device are the Ninjas using this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom