• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
I do believe the leak is real especially after Shulk. But... there is one thing it got wrong. The leaked footage of Shulk showed his down-air being similar to Link's down-air. However, in the trailer, Shulk's down-air is much more similar to Marth's then Link's. Just thought I'd bring that up. I still think it's real though.
Didn't Ninka's original leak say Shulk had different modes (which I assume means different attack modes)? That could explain that.

Morbi

Scavenger
I do believe the leak is real especially after Shulk. But... there is one thing it got wrong. The leaked footage of Shulk showed his down-air being similar to Link's down-air. However, in the trailer, Shulk's down-air is much more similar to Marth's then Link's. Just thought I'd bring that up. I still think it's real though.
To be fair, that could have been an earlier build of the game. I would not be surprised to find that aspects of his move-set were subject to change.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
When in the trailer is his down-air? I'm trying to compare but I can't seem to find what would be his down-air....

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
The leaked video could've been an earlier model of Shulk though.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
The common theory of Duck hunt dog is that he will play like how Banjo Kazooie would play in Smash, though my source just hints that he uses the duck on his back for some of his attacks. As far as the cut characters, they were not present in the build he had played last which was around june, leading him to believe they were cut.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
I think of a monado option mode when a certain monado mode is activate the effect and shape of the move change.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
The common theory of Duck hunt dog is that he will play like how Banjo Kazooie would play in Smash, though my source just hints that he uses the duck on his back for some of his attacks. As far as the cut characters, they were not present in the build he had played last which was around june, leading him to believe they were cut.
Thanks for the answer. June seems a bit late to add character indeed, but we never know... *hope*

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Well, I can totally see some Banjo-Kazooie mod hacks now. I think I may really like the DHD now. :awesome:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I thought the modes just changed his stats not his movesets...
This.

However, keep in mind, ninkas leak is like a game of telephone. Small details can be misinterpreted. Next to everything else that turned out true... I mean, theres no doubt. One slightly inaccurate move negates nothing.

Also side note: i failed to see why shulks status change special meant anything when we already have customization... But that trailer showed his on-the-fly adjustments are SIGNIFICANT. Wow, pretty cool

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
They don't show his d-air in the trailer, I think what you might be referring to is actually likely his f-air. His d-air from the leak isn't even actually all that similar to Link's - he doesn't force himself downward to the ground/blastline with his - it's more similar to Ike's, he simply swings the Monado straight down directly underneath him. It doesn't make him fall any slower, however, so in the leak it did appear like he "moved" downwards with the attack some - but if it were like Link's, he would have continued falling with the sword down rather than moving it back up and being able to act out of the move.

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
This.

However, keep in mind, ninkas leak is like a game of telephone. Small details can be misinterpreted. Next to everything else that turned out true... I mean, theres no doubt. One slightly inaccurate move negates nothing.

Also side note: i failed to see why shulks status change special meant anything when we already have customization... But that trailer showed his on-the-fly adjustments are SIGNIFICANT. Wow, pretty cool
stat change=probably online use. customization=not online.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Shulk's stat-changing special is in perfect alignment with the Ninka leak.

At first, they only gave examples of two swaps - the red and the blue.

They later added on that there were "like 5"

And there are indeed 5 -

Jump - Higher jumps, lower defense
Speed - faster movement, weaker attacks
Shield - higher defense, slower movement
Buster - stronger attacks, weaker launch ability
Smash - Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching

I don't think these actually change his moveset at all, just his stats. The fact that Sakurai's miiverse post said "change Shulk's features and abilities" is imo just a poor choice of words and not him actually meaning the moveset changes too.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I also forgot to mention, people seem to think I posted my leak after the 4chan leak, but I actually posted it a week before it got on there. My leak only got steam after it appeared their with more characters as well it seems.

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
I also forgot to mention, people seem to think I posted my leak after the 4chan leak, but I actually posted it a week before it got on there. My leak only got steam after it appeared their with more characters as well it seems.
Not sure if you had mentioned this already, but did your source say that the build they played included the final roster? Although you mentioned that you and the 4chan leak have no connections, they did mention that there were more to come.

Thanks for the mini-AMA lol

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Not sure if you had mentioned this already, but did your source say that the build they played included the final roster? Although you mentioned that you and the 4chan leak have no connections, they did mention that there were more to come.

Thanks for the mini-AMA lol
Honestly if I wasn't working 40 hours a week and had to deal with my friend's mental problems, I'd probably be on here much more often. Anyways, my source never mentioned that it was the final roster, but it was pretty far in development making me and my friend believe that could be it.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
That's his fair bro.

Did it toon link and did it again with that fox, marth, and mario clip. He just did it from the right angle this time.

:4greninja:'d hard.

Anyway i'm pretty sure that leaked build will be pretty close to the final one, just a few tweaks but i dont except major moveset changes.

Last edited:

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
You know what i just thought of? How the mode changes will affect kirby. an even faster kirby? One with even better jumping? Higher attack? better smashes? geez that lil' marshmallow sure gets some boosts this time...

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
You know what i just thought of? How the mode changes will affect kirby. an even faster kirby? One with even better jumping? Higher attack? better smashes? geez that lil' marshmallow sure gets some boosts this time...
Kirby is certainly getting really amazing perks this time with the amount of interesting movesets we're getting. The thing is, do we know if that mode changing thing is Shulk's Neutral B?

Chrimbo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-3537-7151
I'm not counting on the roster being any bigger than the Character Select Screen depicted, although I really do hope Mewtwo and Ridley find their way in (especially since it would be the biggest slap in the face to have Dr. Mario and not Mewtwo). It's not unrealistic either, given Bowser Jr's appearance and Mewtwo still being relevant. Those are the only two unconfirmed/not leaked characters I still care about, though.

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
Kirby is certainly getting really amazing perks this time with the amount of interesting movesets we're getting. The thing is, do we know if that mode changing thing is Shulk's Neutral B?
Would make the most sense to be Neutral B. Could be Down B as well. But I doubt it will be Side B or Up B. We'll have to see...

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
I think Kirby's gonna get Vision when he copies Shulk, even if Vision is his Down special. (Think sorta like Project M with Mewtwo) Mostly because I don't think they'd give Kirby the Monado without letting him use it.

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
I think Kirby's gonna get Vision when he copies Shulk, even if Vision is his Down special. (Think sorta like Project M with Mewtwo) Mostly because I don't think they'd give Kirby the Monado without letting him use it.
And Ganon? Doesn't he have a sword and just looks at it? So why not give Kirby one to boost himself? Or he doesn't need the sword. He uses charge beam without Samus' blaster....

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Honestly if I wasn't working 40 hours a week and had to deal with my friend's mental problems, I'd probably be on here much more often. Anyways, my source never mentioned that it was the final roster, but it was pretty far in development making me and my friend believe that could be it.
So in that case :popo::lucas::wolf: are still not completely out of the question? Is it just a safe assumption that these are cut, because the build your source saw was so recent. Or does your source know for certain that they are cut?

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
So in that case :popo::lucas::wolf: are still not completely out of the question? Is it just a safe assumption that these are cut, because the build your source saw was so recent. Or does your source know for certain that they are cut?

Safe assumption based on the fact that the build was a few months ago. DLC is not out of the question however.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So PAX's version is the final version? And there's a character with some potential?
We know it was a newer build, but we don't know if it was the final one. It is very likely, though.

I doubt Ridley's in at this point. We would've heard SOMETHING by this poiint ;_;
The fact that we haven't heard ANYTHING yet is the main reason why a lot of people (including myself) think he's in.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Maybe he is an assist trophy? Don't wanna crush anyones hope... but have you thought of this? Metroid and Mother Brain are Assists too, so why not Ridley. Sakurai trolling at it's best....
Sakurai doesn't like fake hype. He's never teased a character before and then announced him as anything other than playable. If Ridley was an AT or a stage hazard, he would've shown him long time ago, or he wouldn't have teased him in the first place.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Safe assumption based on the fact that the build was a few months ago. DLC is not out of the question however.
So you/your friend did see all of the characters that were in this earlier build? If that's the case then it's almost assured that this is the final roster. I don't think they'd squeeze anyone in in just a few months. Especially since they seem to have a huge QA focus atm and have for a while.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
10 More POTDs until Japan's release. Do any of you think they'll still have POTDs for the 3DS version after September 13? or will they just have only Wii U POTDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom