• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
From what we've seen so far, I assume they're showing the suggestive trophies to ensure they know they could potentially choose to slap the "suggestive content" rating - the fights with Bowser Jr. and the were probably examples of potential "cartoon violence" and the ones with Shulk/Lucina showing potential "Mild Violence" of the non-cartoon sort (since it involves realistic humans with swords, etc.)

Showing internet connection things so they can slap on "online interactions not rated by the ESRB" and showing the betting system for possible "simulated gambling" maybe. Some of the menus or w/e might be them trying to show them any potential "comic mischief" present in the menu images, possibly. Though I don't really know why they'd need to show them the CSS screen :p
Why have we not seen Duck Hunt Dog footage, then? I'm sure they would want to confirm that he is family friendly. He clearly could walk the line of certain kinds of abuse!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This PotD useless? I would have thought that people would be all over comparing the leaked Challenge screen, as they do seem to match up.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Well this PoTD was completely useless.
Not necessarily. I found it informative. Though that is such a small thing. I would have rather had that as a surprise when I pick up the game.
In fact a lot of the recent PoTD are going into slightly too much detail for me. I want SOME things to be a surprise. Even the little stuff. I dunno. I guess I could just stop following the pictures haha.

Edit: Like obviously we were going to get a challenge screen like in Brawl and Kid Icarus: Uprising and Kirby Air Ride. But all the unlocked things making a big picture is new.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
When considering how Sakurai might feel about this, one might draw a sorrowful conclusion, but the truth is: there's room for five more characters and the likelihood of there being more, either at launch or in future DLC, is rather high. The bright side is, we don't know the last five, but Sakurai does. How he presents them may change because of this happenstance. There's no changing what has been done, so let us recognize the best has yet to come: October 3rd.
There is room for 6; if we have no negative space, the random button could easily be disgarded and relegated to one of the many extra buttons on the 3DS. It would serve to exist in the first place to allow the player to know it is an option, yet later disappear when that is ingrained.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So...this is the same Challenges screen from the leaked images. Just sayin'.

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
Wow it's like Sakurai just went through the leaked stuff and decided to validate it all one piece at a time.

At this point I hope that we get another pic of a menu or something for Thursday, then get Lucas, Climbers and Wolf dropped on us all at once on Friday; just for the fun of watching the internet blow up.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's exactly the same as the leak. It's not too surprising any more as it's clear this leak is the real deal, so... here's me waiting for the rest of the roster, and some more Dr. Mario goodness.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I wonder when we'll get the next trailer. With only 12 days left and at least one trailer, if not more, left... You gotta wonder.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The fact that Sakurai has, two days in a row, shown images almost directly from the leak, shows me that he is not only aware of it, but playing into it.

This bodes well for my theory that he expected (or assumed) the roster would either be leaked, or that it easily could be leaked, as Brawl's was, or at least figured out moments after the game cartridge was received (or sold early) at a location in Japan.

And given his love for surprise, this just... really screams that he has more characters than what COULD have possibly been leaked to me.

Not necessarily. I found it informative. Though that is such a small thing. I would have rather had that as a surprise when I pick up the game.
In fact a lot of the recent PoTD are going into slightly too much detail for me. I want SOME things to be a surprise. Even the little stuff. I dunno. I guess I could just stop following the pictures haha.

Edit: Like obviously we were going to get a challenge screen like in Brawl and Kid Icarus: Uprising and Kirby Air Ride. But all the unlocked things making a big picture is new.
Where do you guys get the info so early? It does not come up so early for me wtf

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Yeah, it's exactly the same as the leak. It's not too surprising any more as it's clear this leak is the real deal, so... here's me waiting for the rest of the roster, and some more Dr. Mario goodness.
And the image in the 4th column, 3rd row is exactly the same... The one in the top right too...

There's no way to disconfirm the leak now...

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wonder when we'll get the next trailer. With only 12 days left and at least one trailer, if not more, left... You gotta wonder.
Hopefully soon. There's just...so much left to cover and so little time left! Sigh.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
So would this confirm an early build(or is it just the image quality) because the leak's squares are very faded compared to the POTD's blue squares.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So would this confirm an early build(or is it just the image quality) because the leak's squares are very faded compared to the POTD's blue squares.
This definitely confirms earlier build (If Barbara's trophy description missing didn't already.) So...yeah. Hype away at who the missing characters are!

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
There can easily be animations going on you wouldn't be able to tell with the image alone.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hopefully soon. There's just...so much left to cover and so little time left! Sigh.
We have plenty of time; there is almost no way Sakurai could consider the release of Smash 3DS to be the end of releasing content. He has a lot to show for Wii U, and it wont just be game modes.

It is clear there is more.

Smashfan08

Smash Rookie
Not from me, but from a supposed NoA employee. Chose to reveal as little about himself as possible, just because what happened with the recent leaker, which he says is HUGE deal right now. I bolded the big stuff.

"- The leak is legit, which I think is common sense by now.

- There are in fact FOUR characters left to be revealed, three newcomers and one veteran.
Ridley - unlocked by going through classic mode 10 times on any difficulty with Samus or Zero Suit Samus OR win a match on Pyrosphere as Samus or Zero Suit Samus (Wii U)
Isabelle - you unlock her when you summon her assist trophy while playing as Villager OR summon her assist trophy 10 times total
Dixie Kong - unlock her by playing 5 team matches with Diddy Kong as either player OR complete Smash Run as Diddy Kong
Mewtwo - 20 hours total play time in versus mode or 500 total versus mode matches

- Here's how you unlock the other characters shown in the leak.
Bowser Jr. - achieve a high score of 50,000 OR higher is Target blast as Bowser or complete Classic Mode on any intensity
Duck Hunt - get a perfect clear on Target Blast with every character OR play 250 total versus mode matches
Dr. Mario - complete Classic Mode or Smash Run with Mario without losing any continues OR play 100 total versus mode matches
Dark Pit - lose 10 matches (any mode) while playing as Pit OR lose the finale of Smash Run while playing as Pit
Shulk - complete Smash Run on the highest intensity while playing as R.O.B. OR complete classic mode once as each newcomer (rosalina, palutena, robin, lucina, little mac, greninja, villager, wii fit trainer

- Snake is cut, but he and Gray Fox do have trophies

- Isabelle is a Villager clone with a few differences. Her Down Special grows a fruit tree that bears and drops fruit instead of letting you chop it down for instance. Dash Attack she comically trips, letting fly a barrage of papers that stagger but do little damage. Nintendo is pushing to make her and Villager the faces of Animal Crossing, as is further shown with the new MK8 DLC.

- On Ridley. It's a new model, but mostly based on the Other M design but in smaller and in flight. He looks more like a gargoyle or something flying. Side Special is a swoop that passes through opponents and makes him face the opposite direction after it ends. If you use it again back that direction without the ending lag. Down Smash he floats into the air with his tail pointing downward then slams down, implanting anyone hit. Forward Aerial is a flip kind of like Charizard's Neutral Aerial from Brawl. He plays like Wolf, but using the same new always airborne mechanic that Bowser Jr. does. he looks great. hes flying mostly upright, with his arms and legs in a semi-crouched position, tail twitching behind him. hes the stage boss. he just enters in a cut-scene attacking whichever player is "winning" the match and then stays to fight one stock. Sakurai is aware that he is highly requested in the west, thats why he is being treated this way.

- Unless there is future DLC, as of right now, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf are cut for good.

- Isaac is once again an AT, the same as he was before.

- Details on Duck Hunt's gameplay
The dog runs on all fours with one duck circling above. They take turns performing moves. Up Special the duck starts flapping and leaves the dog behind, he has to jump up and bite onto its feathers to be lifted up. Down Special the dog sniffs the ground and gets an exclamation mark over its head, letting it move faster while running toward the nearest opponent at the time. The effect goes away after a few moments. Side Special the dog rears up on its hind legs and motions with its paw, sending a different duck divebombing forward. It pierces through opponents and flies back. If it hits nothing the duck sticks up in the ground on its beak and has to be recollected to use the move again. Neutral Special a bush sprouts up at the location. Pressing B again lets you hide in it. While hidden a cursor appears letting you fire in a certain radius. If the bush is attacked a few times it disperses and reveals you. You can only have one bush on-stage at a time. Final smash is like the above, but with a much larger radius and firework effects as it ends.

- Mach Rider is a trophy and Impa isn't in the game at all to my knowledge.

- DLC isn't being discussed right now, or if it is, it's being kept very secretly. The plan right now is to worry about DLC after release.

- Hades (basically Tabuu reskin) is the final boss of classic mode on the highest intensity

- Dr. Mario's Final Smash is a slower thinner copy of Mario's and Mewtwo's is Mega Mewtwo Y, just a powered up form like Lucario's Mega Evolution.

- There isn't a Rhythm Heaven rep, no clue why every fake leak seems to be pushing them so much. A Rhythm Heaven character was considered but that was an amalgamation thing and never made it very far. The Sneaky Spirits are in Smash Run because Sakurai wanted more handheld enemies. There are also enemies from Tomato Adventure and For the Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls.

- Dixie is a Diddy clone with a few differences. She uses her hair for a few moves and is a little slower.

- Sakurai doesn't consider any characters clones at all. They are attribute swaps. Easy to make characters that buff up the roster without as much man hours.

- No info on reveal dates, not my department."

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
We have plenty of time; there is almost no way Sakurai could consider the release of Smash 3DS to be the end of releasing content. He has a lot to show for Wii U, and it wont just be game modes.

It is clear there is more.
Oh, I'm definitely not worried about Wii U content, I'm just thinking in terms of newcomers/vets we have yet to see. I know there's gonna be hidden stuff (Game and Watch and Dark Pit are clearly that already.) but it seems like we should at least get newcomer trailers for Shulk and Bowser Jr. and/or DHD before release, since they're most assuredly in the 3DS version at launch and unique.

@ Smashfan08 Smashfan08 Cool story, bro. (Although frankly I hope you're legit. Even though you're more than likely not.)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not from me, but from a supposed NoA employee. Chose to reveal as little about himself as possible, just because what happened with the recent leaker, which he says is HUGE deal right now. I bolded the big stuff.

- There are in fact FOUR characters left to be revealed, three newcomers and one veteran.
Ridley - unlocked by going through classic mode 10 times on any difficulty with Samus or Zero Suit Samus OR win a match on Pyrosphere as Samus or Zero Suit Samus (Wii U)
Isabelle - you unlock her when you summon her assist trophy while playing as Villager OR summon her assist trophy 10 times total
Dixie Kong - unlock her by playing 5 team matches with Diddy Kong as either player OR complete Smash Run as Diddy Kong
Mewtwo - 20 hours total play time in versus mode or 500 total versus mode matches

Bowser Jr. - achieve a high score of 50,000 OR higher is Target blast as Bowser or complete Classic Mode on any intensity
Duck Hunt - get a perfect clear on Target Blast with every character OR play 250 total versus mode matches
Dr. Mario - complete Classic Mode or Smash Run with Mario without losing any continues OR play 100 total versus mode matches
Dark Pit - lose 10 matches (any mode) while playing as Pit OR lose the finale of Smash Run while playing as Pit
Shulk - complete Smash Run on the highest intensity while playing as R.O.B. OR complete classic mode once as each newcomer (rosalina, palutena, robin, lucina, little mac, greninja, villager, wii fit trainer

- Isabelle is a Villager clone with a few differences. Her Down Special grows a fruit tree that bears and drops fruit instead of letting you chop it down for instance. Dash Attack she comically trips, letting fly a barrage of papers that stagger but do little damage. Nintendo is pushing to make her and Villager the faces of Animal Crossing, as is further shown with the new MK8 DLC.

- On Ridley. It's a new model, but mostly based on the Other M design but in smaller and in flight. He looks more like a gargoyle or something flying. Side Special is a swoop that passes through opponents and makes him face the opposite direction after it ends. If you use it again back that direction without the ending lag. Down Smash he floats into the air with his tail pointing downward then slams down, implanting anyone hit. Forward Aerial is a flip kind of like Charizard's Neutral Aerial from Brawl. He plays like Wolf, but using the same new always airborne mechanic that Bowser Jr. does. he looks great. hes flying mostly upright, with his arms and legs in a semi-crouched position, tail twitching behind him. hes the stage boss. he just enters in a cut-scene attacking whichever player is "winning" the match and then stays to fight one stock. Sakurai is aware that he is highly requested in the west, thats why he is being treated this way.

- Unless there is future DLC, as of right now, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf are cut for good.

The dog runs on all fours with one duck circling above. They take turns performing moves. Up Special the duck starts flapping and leaves the dog behind, he has to jump up and bite onto its feathers to be lifted up. Down Special the dog sniffs the ground and gets an exclamation mark over its head, letting it move faster while running toward the nearest opponent at the time. The effect goes away after a few moments. Side Special the dog rears up on its hind legs and motions with its paw, sending a different duck divebombing forward. It pierces through opponents and flies back. If it hits nothing the duck sticks up in the ground on its beak and has to be recollected to use the move again. Neutral Special a bush sprouts up at the location. Pressing B again lets you hide in it. While hidden a cursor appears letting you fire in a certain radius. If the bush is attacked a few times it disperses and reveals you. You can only have one bush on-stage at a time. Final smash is like the above, but with a much larger radius and firework effects as it ends.

- DLC isn't being discussed right now, or if it is, it's being kept very secretly. The plan right now is to worry about DLC after release.

- Hades (basically Tabuu reskin) is the final boss of classic mode on the highest intensity

- Dr. Mario's Final Smash is a slower thinner copy of Mario's and Mewtwo's is Mega Mewtwo Y, just a powered up form like Lucario's Mega Evolution.

- There isn't a Rhythm Heaven rep, no clue why every fake leak seems to be pushing them so much. A Rhythm Heaven character was considered but that was an amalgamation thing and never made it very far. The Sneaky Spirits are in Smash Run because Sakurai wanted more handheld enemies. There are also enemies from Tomato Adventure and For the Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls.

- Dixie is a Diddy clone with a few differences. She uses her hair for a few moves and is a little slower.

- Sakurai doesn't consider any characters clones at all. They are attribute swaps. Easy to make characters that buff up the roster without as much man hours.

SOURCE ME
I was just going to bed.
#YouWantMyProblems

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
- On Ridley. It's a new model, but mostly based on the Other M design but in smaller and in flight. He looks more like a gargoyle or something flying. Side Special is a swoop that passes through opponents and makes him face the opposite direction after it ends. If you use it again back that direction without the ending lag. Down Smash he floats into the air with his tail pointing downward then slams down, implanting anyone hit. Forward Aerial is a flip kind of like Charizard's Neutral Aerial from Brawl. He plays like Wolf, but using the same new always airborne mechanic that Bowser Jr. does. he looks great. hes flying mostly upright, with his arms and legs in a semi-crouched position, tail twitching behind him.
Fake leak killed itself, Bowser Jr doesn't have an always airborne mechanic, the Clown Car stands on its propeller in the gameplay video.

Smashfan08

Smash Rookie
Fake leak killed itself, Bowser Jr doesn't have an always airborne mechanic, the Clown Car stands on its propeller in the gameplay video.
Just went ahead and watched the leaked video to see. The propeller is ever so slightly above the ground, and it is rotating at a slow speed. So it's not as obvious given the quality of the video, but he is airborne.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I wouldn't say that discredits it; he is still airborne, just not high in the air.

I would say, however, the Isabelle of it all makes it seem strange, given the timing. If it had been stated before the Mario Kart DLC, what credibility! Yet, after? Easy to say, eh?

Though, I'd love to have yet another theory I proposed (which no one at all supported) come true, in having an AT/Pokemon start as a summon and become a playable character.
Though, in Brawl, I thought this may happen with a stage character, and Tink almost made this the case.

*smitten even if it is unwarranted*

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

I call fake.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
If she's being played while her AT is summoned, does Alfonso replace her?
Alfonso: "Leave it to me!"

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I call fake.
Although it sounds convincing, it seems unlikely to me. Especially if it's from 4Chan. So many trolls there that want to get everyone all hyped/raged about what the last newcomers could be.

Hey LasermasterA! Didn't know you were watching this thread too. :chuckle:

Smashfan08

Smash Rookie
Although it sounds convincing, it seems unlikely to me. Especially if it's from 4Chan. So many trolls there that want to get everyone all hyped/raged about what the last newcomers could be.

The fact that it's from 4Chan shouldn't affect it's credibility at all. ESPECIALLY considering that it's where the ONLY real leak so far came from.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
The fact that it's from 4Chan shouldn't affect it's credibility at all. ESPECIALLY considering that it's where the ONLY real leak so far came from.
Maybe so, but so have many other fake leaks came from there too. When it comes to 4Chan (or any other place on the internet), it "Pics, or it didn't happen" or in this case, "Proof, or we're calling bluff" or however you want to call it.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Heya!

I mainly call fake mainly due to the inclusion of Isabelle over other demanded characters which seems like baloney to me. The rest might be convincing but Nintendo won't want to miff of too many people, many who were already dissatisfied with the Villager reveal who is a good character with variety but one who does not need a clone.

Although the only likeable thing about this is that a character is being placed as an Assist trophy as well as a playable character which sounds unlikely to me.

And Isaac will be playable this time! Plus after the pictorial leak, some text based rumours will come out to corroborate on that or ride the wave that this leak created. I think this leak is just that, trying to piggyback off the latest leak.

And true that, most of the false leaks have also come from 4chan.

Darkcaster95

Smash Rookie
I have been following this thread since the beginning, and I was at first skeptical. But over time, the evidence just kept piling up and up. And with the videos (as well as NoA bringing them down) there is now no doubt in my mind that the leak is real. And honestly I don't mind. I think the characters added are great. Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are eh but they could be different in more ways than I am giving them credit for. I am mostly interested in DHD, because I never even thought of that being a possibility for a character (I need to see gameplay of him sooo badly!! :bee:)

I honestly just want Sakurai to reveal another character, because I think that will finally put the nail in the coffin if it comes from the mouth of Sakurai himself. I can't wait to possibly see more from the leak, although I highly doubt that we will if the rumors about the man/woman being fired and sued are true.

Also, I just wanted to say that I found out about this site because of this leak, and the discussion going back and forth on this thread alone has been amazing. I decided to make an account. So, thank you guys for being awesome, and I can't wait to discuss all things Smash Bros with you all :)

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
I've heard something about Bowser Jr. being a Diddy Kong clone or something. Can anyone elaborate why anyone would think this? I didn't notice anything that would show this (other than MAYBE his Up-B). Also, does anyone know where I can download the video? With sound possibly? (I never heard the sound version) I can't seem to find any on youtube...

Also, in regards to the leak Smashfan08 posted, why Isabelle? I mean I can see Villager murdering people with bowling balls, but not her with her cute little face.... also, why on earth would it be so easy to unlock everyone except Mewtwo and Shulk? And why are Shulk's unlock conditions so odd.... Seriously, everyone but those two have SSBB Ness-esque unlock conditions. But hopefully this is all real because it means Ghirahim still has a chance! Though seriously, poor, piggyback leak 4/10.

Last edited:

Smashfan08

Smash Rookie
Maybe so, but so have many other fake leaks came from there too. When it comes to 4Chan (or any other place on the internet), it "Pics, or it didn't happen" or in this case, "Proof, or we're calling bluff" or however you want to call it.
Considering that this is actually the most in depth leak I myself have seen, and looking at what happened to the LAST guy that provided actual proof, I can actually buy a lot of what this guy's saying. I'm usually a gigantic skeptic of leaks, but this...this sounds really plausible to me.

Here's some more stuff from him. He's still posting so I'll post more info as it comes.

" - Ice Climbers have a trophy that teases them coming back. I don't know personally if this is for DLC, a reboot or just future games. They have music in the Wii U version, if that means anything.

- Ridley's Final Smash, he grabs an opponent and takes them into the air, breaths fire and burns them for a while before slamming them HARD on the stage.

- When Ridley is being played in Pyrosphere, he simply doesn't appear to attack as a boss. It's a very similar case to Toon Link, but instead of being replaced, there simply isn't a stage boss. If you are playing Pyrosphere on the Wii U and are trying to unlock him, you will need three characters or less so he can take up a character space. He will not appear if four players are present.

- 2 Xenoblade stages. 3DS gets Guar Plains and Wii U gets Mechonis Interior.

- Chrom was heavily considered to be an alternate costume, but the idea was scrapped. Stupid decision, in my opinion.

- Both Falco and Mewtwo play the exact same as they have in previous games, except Mewtwo now has a Final Smash of course"

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly after how easy it is to unlock everyone in Mario Kart 8. I expect the trend to continue here too.

This is a day and age where working hard for a full product in a multiplayer game where unlocking things isn't the true selling point but rather the multiplay is a foreign concept.

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
Honestly after how easy it is to unlock everyone in Mario Kart 8. I expect the trend to continue here too.

This is a day and age where working hard for a full product in a multiplayer game where unlocking things isn't the true selling point but rather the multiplay is a foreign concept.
Then why would Mewtwo and Shulk still be so hard? Especially considering that you seemingly can't just leave your game running for five hours anymore to get Mewtwo. (You'd have to do a minimum of 20 and even then the computer is going to kill you a lot, so you'll have to restart the clock every 15 minutes, so to say, since it seems we also aren't getting a stage builder, building a special stage where you can kill yourself, but your opponent can't kill you is out of the question.)

Also, the main site updated with two new songs. One is from Mario&Luigi: Dream Team!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom