• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Why do you seem so hostile to him possibly knowing anything?

I mean, it is important to keep in mind that "Disabled" is spelled "disablad" and that he had claimed to photoshop that to make it look more fake. If this isn't the case (since the Ganon images are clearly copies of each other) then the entire leak is mostly likeky an elaborate fake. Possible, but seems a bit conspiratorial.
I'm not hostile to him knowing anything. But in year of Smash leaks and rumors from Melee to now, we never just straight up believed anything we were told. We question everything, including the things that turn out to be true. So why not question this? A lot of things have gotten warped since this started (no leaker at any point claimed 'we haven't unlocked everything' or 'there are more characters' or any variant thereof), so we should keep in mind what actually happened.... including the lack of any reason that we should listen to Masterlinkx.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'm talking about my text leak, I had nothing to do with the images. I had originally leaked that Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, Doc Mario, Shulk, and Bowser jr would be in.
So...is that all the information you were given?

Also, I wouldn't pat yourself on the back just yet.

Jackalmore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackal96
They are deleted within a short time, but the mods closed the thread and banned anyone from commenting on it well before it was deleted.
No. 4chan threads are always deleted after getting a certain amount of posts and people who post can delete their own posts and images. The thread is still archived here: http:// archive.moe/v/thread/258734312/. Whenever I go to the leak thread that's been 404'd, it redirects me to the archived thread.

Dean Lawrence

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiseUpAndFight
3DS FC
1246-8874-5343
If the ESRB were to require every single piece of content in the game to be shown, they might as well play the game themselves. In some cases, as little as a trailer is required.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
If the ESRB were to require every single piece of content in the game to be shown, they might as well play the game themselves. In some cases, as little as a trailer is required.
The ESRB doesn't even get demos. They just get videos of what the developer/publisher believe to be the content that best matches descriptors under ESRB guidelines.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I'm talking about my text leak, I had nothing to do with the images. I had originally leaked that Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, Doc Mario, Shulk, and Bowser jr would be in.
I hate that fact that when I see you post I'm all like "oooohh the leeka speaks!" when you're really just a fan like all of us - just with some interesting (and probably accurate) info! I appreciate all the fun your text post has given me and how it's supplemented the leak in these exciting times haha!

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
They still are and always will be.

Naive and curiosity are two different things. Naivety is usually associated with something that has been proven false, this has not. It has things that say "FALSE" but it has the same that says "TRUE". If we're feeding trolls, that's on us, but let's say that these leakers aren't trolls and are trying to share information that they shouldn't share... Well, it'd be pretty lame to not lend them an ear.

Let me repeat that I don't believe any leak is real until it's proven real, but I also will not give it the benefit of the doubt, despite my distaste for it.
Thanks for proving my point exactly. These leaks are fake beyond fake :b: Just like all the ones before it. This one especially has compelling evidence that it's fake and full of errors.

I doubt we'd even see these leaks if everyone laughed at it and moved on. No doubt we'll see more.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm not hostile to him knowing anything. But in year of Smash leaks and rumors from Melee to now, we never just straight up believed anything we were told. We question everything, including the things that turn out to be true. So why not question this? A lot of things have gotten warped since this started (no leaker at any point claimed 'we haven't unlocked everything' or 'there are more characters' or any variant thereof), so we should keep in mind what actually happened.... including the lack of any reason that we should listen to Masterlinkx.
Alright, but why is there a reason to believe he's lying about the character select screen not being complete? We know from an earlier posted in response to yours that he DID have early access to the pictures, so he may have been in contact with the original source of the pictures.

It's not like the assumption that there are more characters is even a controversial idea. The CSS as is only really makes sense if it has 5 more characters otherwise the detractors have a total point that it's a inconsistent mess. It's clearly made to be filled.

Side note: Has anyone investigated the character background colors to see if they could create an effect on a complete screen?

Jackalmore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackal96
Also, most of you don't realize Nintendo goes immediately after leakers, an example is when Nintendo went after the leakers for Pokemon B/W & X/Y. The person who leaked the entire pokedex of B/W a month (I think) before release got caught immediately by Nintendo in Japan and Nintendo last year took down a store for releasing the games early and other sources for X/Y. The person who was even posting pictures of X/Y 2 weeks before the release was caught as well. Nintendo takes it very seriously when it comes to leaks.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Thanks for proving my point exactly. These leaks are fake beyond fake :b: Just like all the ones before it. This one especially has compelling evidence that it's fake and full of errors.

I doubt we'd even see these leaks if everyone laughed at it and moved on. No doubt we'll see more.
Over the past several days I've seen many a claim that "it's full of errors" but nobody has ever actually had a point here because most of said "errors" were totally refuted. It does begin to sound like denial rather than a good argument against the leak. The defining thing about the leak at this point is that it's survived days of scrutiny.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra

You talk about it like it's a bad thing! If we laughed and moved on what would we talk about? Sure, people get too upset or excited or angry in these threads and over these leaks, but we are a fanbase who likes to talk, discuss and debate. This leak especially has us looking in every nook and cranny of the internet for info and I think it's pretty fun! It certainly helps me pass the time until the game comes out.

That being said, bring on your leak! I eat this stuff up :p

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

I think you missed my point. And like Das Koopa posted above me, errors have been refuted. That's why this leak lives.

Also, if this leak is proven real, what would you do and how would you feel?

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Also, most of you don't realize Nintendo goes immediately after leakers, an example is when Nintendo went after the leakers for Pokemon B/W & X/Y. The person who leaked the entire pokedex of B/W a month (I think) before release got caught immediately by Nintendo in Japan and Nintendo last year took down a store for releasing the games early and other sources for X/Y. The person who was even posting pictures of X/Y 2 weeks before the release was caught as well. Nintendo takes it very seriously when it comes to leaks.
Ah yes and they punished Europe as a whole for it with releasing ORAS a week late. I'm surprised they haven't come here yet...

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Since only like one person saw this:
I (think) I have some more evidence of why the leak is fake. I looked through the second post and I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned.
Look at Falco. How come his feathers aren't realistic like Fox's fur, Donkey Kong's fur, etc.? I would use the same argument with Duck Hunt, but I think the more 'kiddy' characters aren't as realistic. Ex. Toon Link.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Everybody would love it if it had Ridley or Mewtwo in it.
People will complain until every Nintendo character ever is in a game. I'd love for Nintendo to try a Killer Instinct model with Smash. New characters every year until the end of time.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
The defining thing about the leak at this point is that it's survived days of scrutiny.
What makes this leak any different from the Gematsu Leak? That leak survived over a full year of scrutiny and people took it for gospel.

I mean, if you believe the leak, good on you. It's just that you should still be skeptical because we don't really have definitive proof. When we get a veteran/newcomer announcement and the model lines up perfectly, then we can start talking about it being real.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I think you missed my point. And like Das Koopa posted above me, errors have been refuted. That's why this leak lives.

Also, if this leak is proven real, what would you do and how would you feel?
It won't be proven real. Any points refuted against the evidence of it being fake are not that compelling as they are mostly guessed on faith alone. Yeah, bro... Low-res pixelated Tomadachi screens. How could I possibly alter these images slightly. :joyful:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Since only like one person saw this:
I (think) I have some more evidence of why the leak is fake. I looked through the second post and I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned.
Look at Falco. How come his feathers aren't realistic like Fox's fur, Donkey Kong's fur, etc.? I would use the same argument with Duck Hunt, but I think the more 'kiddy' characters aren't as realistic. Ex. Toon Link.
It looks about as detailed as fox does in the leak photo itself, but mind you features are quite a bit different that fur and the detail could be hidden by the poor resolution.

Une

Smash Apprentice
Nah the most reasonable answer is people are blinded my their want for it to be legit.
Funny how its more like everyone hates this leak and doesn't want it to be real because it doesn't have their favorite char in it such as King K Rool or Ridley or whatever

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
The voice actor for Shulk recently favorited this tweet:

This helps the leak, correct?

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
What makes this leak any different from the Gematsu Leak? That leak survived over a full year of scrutiny and people took it for gospel.

I mean, if you believe the leak, good on you. It's just that you should still be skeptical because we don't really have definitive proof. When we get a veteran/newcomer announcement and the model lines up perfectly, then we can start talking about it being real.
I believe it, but I recognize it could be wrong. I can somewhat buy something and still be skeptical about it. Beyond that, this is absolutely nothing like gematsu; Gematsu was completely text based (and hey, still true if Chorus Men are in!) but this is picture based and has totally survived scrutiny and even been BOLSTERED after several days criticism. A lot harder to make a screen fake, but a lot easier to screw up a small detail.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
It won't be proven real. Any points refuted against the evidence of it being fake are not that compelling as they are mostly guessed on faith alone. Yeah, bro... Low-res pixelated Tomadachi screens. How could I possibly alter these images slightly. :joyful:
You're probably a bad troll everybody should ignore, but on the off-chance you're actually serious, can you bring up these supposed examples of "refuted points being based off of faith?" It's pretty evident you're baiting people if you don', so g'head and bring up some of those counterpoints.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
It looks about as detailed as fox does in the leak photo itself, but mind you features are quite a bit different that fur and the detail could be hidden by the poor resolution.
Fox's fur still looks pretty detailed despite the resolution IMO, but Falco's feathers don't.
The voice actor for Shulk recently favorited this tweet:

This helps the leak, correct?
Not really, just Shulk's chances of coming in smash. Shulk is probably coming anyway regardless of this leak.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
No he only favourited it.
That's a subtle link if I ever heard one.
Wow, I just realized how much I antagonize you., I am so sorry, honest.

I hope you're right, to be dead honest. I don't want it to be real. Plus if it's real, you will be getting a lot of crap for this.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That's a subtle link if I ever heard one.
Wow, I just realized how much I antagonize you., I am so sorry, honest.

I hope you're right, to be dead honest. I don't want it to be real. Plus if it's real, you will be getting a lot of crap for this.
Do you? I probably just ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom