• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Cause they're blatant clones I assume. Actually, Shulk isn't far from them... *concern*
Shulk seems to be unique via being able to change the way he works by changing the symbols on the Monado, atleast thats what I could gather from the footage.

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
We need a concrete timeline of events from the point of the video leaks and on. Additionally, we need a compendium of every leak that is consistent with what the leaker has provided/said.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
It doesn't make any sense to me to bring back a "character" that would easily be an alternate costume.

Dr. Mario is different in a sense, yes, but isn't his running speed/jumps/recovery/etc all the same as Mario? Maybe he was in to just shove in a character.

However, all the past Smash games do not have "clones" together unless they're with they're series.

Falcon and Ganondorf are next to each other, but Ganondorf is still next to his series.

Dr. Mario and Mario are touching, but they are still in their own series.

Same for Falco/Fox, Same for Pika/Pichu/Marth Roy.

They are next to each other but they are still within their series.

Same for Brawl:

Fox/Falco/Wolf
Mario/Luigi
Ganondorf is within his series
Toon Link is not next to Link but within his series
Ness/Lucas but within their own series

So for Smash 4:

Why are Dr. Mario/Dark Pit/Lucina not with their main series? Its pretty much always been characters stay with their series. It just makes sense. It's organized. That's Sakurai.

I don't think these are all of the characters.

Has anyone thought there are 53 characters? That would make the entire screen complete. It looks like to me everyone is not unlocked yet.

Even if that's the case, its INSANELY odd that all the clones would end up together.

Also, characters like Villager/Wii Fit trainer were HIGHLY promoted and shown off. They're on the box art. Why would they be so far down to the bottom two rows of the screen? It doesn't look right at all.

Also, the top would basically be all Mario & friends characters if Dr. Mario was replaced where Mr. Game&Watch is.

I can see Mr. Game & Watch together with PAC-MAN. But not next to Bowser Jr. That's so...random.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Jeez this thread moves fast!
You'd have to be Robin to make it through all of this

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
On the topic of Monolith Soft, this is something I've been trying to research for awhile, and can't find a definitive answer. Does Nintendo own the rights to the Baten Kaitos IP? I think a Kalas trophy (and continuation of the series) would be great.
I'm pretty sure they do. Baten Kaitos Origins was definitely Nintendo. It even got a mention in the chronicles section of Brawl! I'd love to see some sort of mention of the series in any form.

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Shulk seems to be unique via being able to change the way he works by changing the symbols on the Monado, atleast thats what I could gather from the footage.
Good, I admit I wasn't paying much attention to the moves he actually used. Better to be lazy and leave the video analysis to you guys...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I want to believe Ridley is in so much

Both the old 4chan leak and the new 5 character thing have him

But the new one could be a lie and the old one has no reputable source

Not gonna believe it until I see it.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I believe that we determined it was the clone corner.
Isn't that just speculation based on the clones being together in the leaked CSS? :p I struggle to see the logic in grouping characters in the final release based on clone status, rather than with their respective franchises, so until otherwise shown I'll stay reasonably confident that the ordering will change.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
You all worry too much about Shulk. So far we have seen like 3 moves from him and they we're from a low level CPU. Personally, even with that said I think he looks great. Also, notice how all the 3rd party characters are next to each other. In no way is he a clone character.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Actually kind of wondering now if we should piece together the moves used by Bowser Jr and Shulk

Last edited:

8BitBlackMage

Smash Cadet
Isn't that just speculation based on the clones being together in the leaked CSS? :p I struggle to see the logic in grouping characters in the final release based on clone status, rather than with their respective franchises, so until otherwise shown I'll stay reasonably confident that the ordering will change.
I never said that was the finalized placement, and my view has always been that i never trust anything till i play it, so for the time being, I plan to call it the clone corner.

SuperLuigiTheIntalian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sagablitz
Yes but the most logical thing is to include Dr. Mario first because hes the best character in the series. Mewtwo probably won't make it since he is a lucario clone.
Mewtwo and Lucario have different move sets with the exception of their Standard B attack. Also Dr. Mario has the exact same move set like Mario, so is Ganondorf since your such a huge Zelda fan, also there are better I mean BETTER and more unique characters than Dr.Mario, such as Mewtwo, Fox, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong, Kirby, also not yet confirmed characters such as Isaac, Shulk, Chorus Men, Bowser Jr., hell even Ridley can be more unique and he's huge. Just giving some fair criticism. But what i can say is Dr.Mario at least represent something which is the Dr.Mario series.

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
I'm praying the Dixie rumor is true. The DK series needs a newcomer.
I would MUCH rather prefer K. Rool, but I suppose as long as DK gets some more love, I'm down for it.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
It would be incredible to get a character this week who we haven't seen in the leak yet. (Don't mean to get off topic here but for those of you who don't understand, that roster being final is not set in stone)

I'm praying the Dixie rumor is true. The DK series needs a newcomer.
Yeah it does. Cranky should suffice. :reverse:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It would be incredible to get a character this week who we haven't seen in the leak yet. (Don't mean to get off topic here but for those of you who don't understand, that roster being final is not set in stone)

Just imagine if Sakurai pulled Mewtwo or Ridley out of his hat....
Wow...the site would probably be crashed for a LONG while. xD

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Mewtwo and Lucario have different move sets with the exception of their Standard B attack. Also Dr. Mario has the exact same move set like Mario, so is Ganondorf since your such a huge Zelda fan, also there are better I mean BETTER and more unique characters than Dr.Mario, such as Mewtwo, Fox, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong, Kirby, also not yet confirmed characters such as Isaac, Shulk, Chorus Men, Bowser Jr., hell even Ridley can be more unique and he's huge. Just giving some fair criticism.
Wouldn't being huge make him unique in an obvious way? :p

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
I never said that was the finalized placement, and my view has always been that i never trust anything till i play it, so for the time being, I plan to call it the clone corner.
If it were the clone corner, wouldn't Toon Link, Ganondorf, and Falco be placed there?

andimidna

Smash Master
I do feel the need to say one very subjective (and very selfish) thing before I head off for the night:

I don't get why Duck Hunt Dog would make the cut as a character, Midna would be left as an Assist Trophy and none of the Zelda characters from Brawl's roster would receive any significant, noticeable changes. This isn't to say "DHD shouldn't be in!" I'm simply surprised that Zelda, one of the marquee franchises of Nintendo with multiple new releases between Brawl and now, would remain more or less unchanged while a dog whose only purpose was to laugh at you when you messed up would be given a complete moveset, set of animations and roster spot.

I can't be the only one who thinks Duck Hunt would've made for a perfect assist trophy and Midna would've made for the perfect Zelda newcomer.
Don't worry, andimidna is here to agree with you that Midna would have made an amazing Zelda newcomer.
But I also think the concept of Duck Hunt in Smash alone is amazing. And Zelda could easily get a newcomer still, Impa.

8BitBlackMage

Smash Cadet

I don't know, i think that the best option would be chunky kong

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I want to believe Ridley is in so much

Both the old 4chan leak and the new 5 character thing have him

But the new one could be a lie and the old one has no reputable source

Not gonna believe it until I see it.
That's probably the best way to go about it, not just with Ridley, but any of the characters not on the images as that could easily be it. I do hope that they are on the roster though as it would be nice to have them.

Last edited:

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
Forget this post,my sleepy self messed it up

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Ganondorf and Falco maybe, but not Toon Link.
idk, odd placement either way.
His moves have different aspects to them. For example, he Down Air goes directly down and can be used as a spike. Plus his has some different moves like his back air.

andimidna

Smash Master
Before I rest, here's my predicted CSS, with icons where new characters may appear

EDIt:lol forgot random icon, probably next to pacman
Lucina is going to get cut? What a bold prediction.
And predicting 4 extra characters because a list of 3 and a list of 5 were leaked isn't exactly how it works :p

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
If it were the clone corner, wouldn't Toon Link, Ganondorf, and Falco be placed there?
Everyone who is saying this clearly isn't thinking. At all.

Did anyone ever consider that, just maybe, Sakurai doesn't classify clones the same way the fanbase does?

What do we already know? Well, Lucina was planned as an alternate costume for Marth. We can probably presume the same for Dark Pit and Dr. Mario. This means that corner is for clones who were originally going to be character alts. Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Falco obviously do not fit this.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Before I rest, here's my predicted CSS, with icons where new characters may appear

EDIt:lol forgot random icon, probably next to pacman

I think this will be the CSS. It will switch from rows to columns because columns fit WAY better than rows.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have or know where I can find these leaked videos. Sadly I missed them

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Do you know what I find Hilarious?

No one cares about Squirtle or Ivysaur getting cut. Hahah.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Everyone who is saying this clearly isn't thinking. At all.

Did anyone ever consider that, just maybe, Sakurai doesn't classify clones the same way the fanbase does?

What do we already know? Well, Lucina was planned as an alternate costume for Marth. We can probably presume the same for Dark Pit and Dr. Mario. This means that corner is for clones who were originally going to be character alts. Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Falco obviously do not fit this.
Wow, you're right, I never even thought of this.
You sir get my seal of approval

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Yeah, I have to agree that the placement of the clones is really strange. Especially since right after them is Shulk, who from the brief footage we've seen, doesn't look to be a clone. So why is he after them? Hell the CSS could be on hell-singed crock-pot until all the characters are unlocked, then the CSS magically rearranges and puts everyone with their proper series.

Something like this maybe?

Granted if Miis don't have their own spot on the CSS, just push Mac down the the single rep section and slap Impa in Mac's previous spot or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom