• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
The thing that irks me the most is the fact the Lucina isent with the other FE characters in the rows of the roster picture, and next to Dark Pit and Dr. Mario of all people. Its like they were trying to make it obvious they are clones and last-minute additions... :facepalm:
Even before the roster was confirmed, I've been maintaining that if it was, the CSS would still turn out to be some sort of beta or intermediate build not representative of the final game. I'm standing by this.

SoulOfKhaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoulKhaos
Gotta feel bad for Sakurai, he must be in a lot of stress right now with all these leaks coming out. Unless they're all fake but I'm pretty sure we all think this is 95% True
Yeah, I feel bad for him. I'm sure he put so much work in making the game and building the hype...

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if chugga and josh forgot to think about the fact this is the 3DS version....how can it look like a brawl hack in the first place...wouldn't it take massive work to get brawl even capable on the 3DS?

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
why in the world would he be under stress? He's done nothing wrong, and even if the characters are leaked all eyes will still be on his official revelations.
Besides, not everyone manages to see the leaks.
Imagine you're putting on this extended show, taking place over the course of more than a year. Right as you get to the final stretch, people start shouting out the details of the final, climactic scenes before they happen.

I assure you, he's pissed.

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if it's worth pointing out but it seems that Wii Brasil (Unofficial Brazilian Wii facebook) discovered something interesting

In case you don't understand, the monitor logo is barely visible, but it says "Positivo"

Positivo is a Brazilian Computer Monitor brand/company, and their logo are easily recognizable, if someone can mess around with the brightness we can get confirmation if it's really from Positivo.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wonder if chugga and josh forgot to think about the fact this is the 3DS version....how can it look like a brawl hack in the first place...wouldn't it take massive work to get brawl even capable on the 3DS?
Chugga can be pretty stupid when it comes to leaks. I mean, I get being skeptical, but sometimes you just do it wrong.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Imagine you're putting on this extended show, taking place over the course of more than a year. Right as you get to the final stretch, people start shouting out the details of the final, climactic scenes before they happen.

I assure you, he's pissed.
They worked so hard on those newcomer trailers too and we saw those newcomers on a crappy quality image first. I'd be pissed if I was in Sakurai's position but he was probably prepared for this.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Y'know what would be funny? Sakurai is leaking this through proxies - other people - to mess with us. He's showing unexpected characters and not showing characters we want. Why would he do that you might ask? It's Sakurai and he loves to mess with people. Who knows, he might show the "DLC" characters and "cut" characters while letting the leak do its thing and cause an outrage.

Hmm, maybe this is a reason why Sakurai and Kojima are friends...

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So just to confirm:

- Leak is real.
- There are more characters.
- No visual proof of any of these characters.
- Might be Mewtwo, Chorus Kids, and Dixie Kong?

Also where is JohnKnight, I seem to recall him being steadfast that Duck Hunt Dog was never going to be a thing in Smash Brothers? Loveeeee to hear from him now.

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
Not sure if it's worth pointing out but it seems that Wii Brasil (Unofficial Brazilian Wii facebook) discovered something interesting

In case you don't understand, the monitor logo is barely visible, but it says "Positivo"

Positivo is a Brazilian Computer Monitor brand/company, and their logo are easily recognizable, if someone can mess around with the brightness we can get confirmation if it's really from Positivo.
http://imgur.com/HTXQHb3

I did my best. It does seem to say that.

Last edited:

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Okay so I get why people are putting a lot of stock in Dixie, Mewtwo, and Ridley, but why does everyone seem to have jumped to assuming Impa and Mach Rider rather than a Rhythm Heaven character?

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I love how fantastically this whole thing is unfolding. Still looking forward to finding out if this is it or not! What if the leaker knows for sure if Ridley is in or not, but is pulling a Sakurai and stringing us along...

lemaskdemasque

Smash Cadet
Y'know what would be funny? Sakurai is leaking this through proxies - other people - to mess with us. He's showing unexpected characters and not showing characters we want. Why would he do that you might ask? It's Sakurai and he loves to mess with people. Who knows, he might show the "DLC" characters and "cut" characters while letting the leak do its thing and cause an outrage.

Hmm, maybe this is a reason why Sakurai and Kojima are friends...
If this happened, i would laugh so hard then probably just cry with joy at how awesome and how taken car of this game is.

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this has been posted. These pics are apparently from the original "Source Guy" to a secondary leaker who gave us this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nhygkmysy1wzenr/AADxX8yrwbuOg0eccQ1CCvZia?dl=0#/

They are better quality (you can see the whisker dots on Duck Hunt for instance) but the dang mystery pink stage is still blurry. I think one or 2 pics here haven't been seen yet either, like this one:

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Even if the leaks are true I'll still support Sakurai's work hiding these surprises, 19 days before Japanese release isn't that bad for a handheld game that has been over a year in progress.
Whoever he decides to show next will make as happy as before.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So just to confirm:

- Leak is real.
- There are more characters.
- No visual proof of any of these characters.
- Might be Mewtwo, Chorus Kids, and Dixie Kong?
Last thing we heard from the leaker is the remaining characters are Ridley, Impa, Mach Rider, Mewtwo and Dixie Kong. But as there's no photo/video evidence, I'm not buying it. Yet.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775

I don't have any 'proper' tools but I tried :p
Certainly looks like it though...
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Poor Sakurai…I actually feel really bad for him :(

I wonder what his thoughts was when he saw these?

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
Uh oh. Things are gettin' fishy now.
Positivo is a trademark PC monitor here at Brazil. This means one thing

Supposedly leaker is from Brazil, or ESRB somehow use Positivo, in which are Brazilian PC Monitors, for their videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom