• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
So, I finally got around to reading the leaker's description... they describe "Duck Hunt" as having ducks on his back that he sends out to attack his enemies in a variety of ways. This means the ducks have allied with him... even though his only relationship with them is chasing around their carcasses as they fall out of the sky.

Fortunately, canon means very little to Smash, so this probably doesn't carry much weight over its legitimacy. It does paint sort of a dark tone for the character though...
It'd be cool if it was a team with Duck using the B button for aerial and ranged moves while Mr. Peeper used A to use strong ground moves.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
That's actually samus' bg color. It's like, leaking into his box, lol. More proving this to be fake.
Ok that's what I thought.

The color gets lighter as it gets to the top of the portrait.
Which is odd considering it doesn't do that on the site. All other characters have Solids except for Dark Pit. He and MK have a gradient going on.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
You be quiet. I'm free to call anyone out on being a heartless monster. You are the one with issues, starting a personal crusade/witchhunt againist me.
so because he likes to laugh at other people's pain, he's a heartless monster? i think you're just insecure. i definitely have issues, but none as bad as yours, evidently. also, it seems as if you're the one on the crusade here, because obviously your cause is so extremely just.

Last edited:

Skides

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skides
3DS FC
1289-8354-1948
Some things look so real while other things look so FAKE.

(New to Smashboards)

NNID
Majorasmask66
It does have the full ears though and no screen lines (the ones that show it's a photo of a screen), unlike the leak. Of course that could just be photo shopped.

I still find MK's bg color odd.
Wait im confused. Doesnt most if not all of the characters in both the e3 demo and this "leak" have their portraits with colors that get light at the top? Im looking at it and i see it on both the leak and the demo. However the color change in this is far more drastic of a change than the e3 demo.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
On second thought, after seeing Dark Pit and Dr. Mario...

I'd have to say somebody has a LOT of time on their hands.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
so because he likes to laugh at other people's pain, he's a heartless monster? i think you're just insecure. i definitely have issues, but none as bad as yours, evidently.
Quite fighting with each other! If you want to continue that, do it over pm. Your not helping attempting to prove its real or prove it's fake.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Wait im confused. Doesnt most if not all of the characters in both the e3 demo and this "leak" have their portraits with colors that get light at the top? Im looking at it and i see it on both the leak and the demo. However the color change in this is far more drastic of a change than the e3 demo.
I mean in the demo it's not as prevalent, and MK's looks like Samus' exact color. Like his becomes a whole new color. Plus, his jumps to quickly to a lighter tone, it doesn't look gradual.

Also just a quick note of interest. While it doesn't prove anything, Fox's BG doesn't match the E3 build, his icon also is more zoomed in on, showing less ear as someone else mentioned earlier:

Last edited:

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
I mean in the demo it's not as prevalent, and MK's looks like Samus' exact color. Like his becomes a whole new color. Plus, his jumps to quickly to a lighter tone, it doesn't look gradual.

Also just a quick note of interest. While it doesn't prove anything, Fox's BG doesn't match the E3 build:
i think the background was changed either because they want to match the site, or the fact that in the demo alone there are six other characters with green backgrounds.

Last edited:

SunnyChespin

Smash Rookie
I call bullcrap on Dark Pit.

Instantaneously brings me back to a recolored/slightly edited Pit art from Uprising.

Nope. The angle is different, the shape of the laurel crown is different, and the leaves on Dark Pit's crown are smaller. The spike of hair in between his eyebrows is more swooped to the side in Pit's art but falls straighter down in Dark Pit's. Dark Pit's eyes are also thinner and he is looking down/to the side whereas Pit's are looking up. There are waaaay to many differences, the only reason they look similar is because Dark Pit looks the same as Pit under any circumstances. It could still be fake, but this photo and Dark Pit's render are in no way related.

SunnyChespin

Smash Rookie
[quote="Anyways. Some one explain this to me. Either I'm seeing things, or Meta Knight's BG color isn't fully solid:"[/quote]

Of course it isn't solid. All of the backgrounds are gradients. The reason Meta Knight's looks like it goes straight from one color to another is because his body covers up the gradual change in the color.

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
I hope tomorrows pic of the day is "Heres dr.mario which is mario's alternate costume and heres pit with a dark pit color."

Jakethesmasher

Smash Rookie
Why would someone bother to work on a leak of this magnitude when the game is only a month away from coming out in Japan.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
I hope Sakurai doesn't troll use and give use another Smash Run PotD and keep us in suspense. I want this to be debunked as soon as possible.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
[quote="Anyways. Some one explain this to me. Either I'm seeing things, or Meta Knight's BG color isn't fully solid:"

Of course it isn't solid. All of the backgrounds are gradients. The reason Meta Knight's looks like it goes straight from one color to another is because his body covers up the gradual change in the color.
k, but mk's colour is dark blue. His gradient shouldn't change so severely to bright purple.

Last edited:

CoryCory

Smash Rookie
Now it's pretty obvious at this point that this "leak" is fake... But in all sincerity I do hope the Duck Hunt Dog actually makes it in the game.

I mean who doesn't want to beat up the Duck Hunt Dog?

SunnyChespin

Smash Rookie
k, but mk's colour is dark blue. His gradient shouldn't change so severely to bright purple.
His color is dark purple not blue and goes to light purple, so it goes from dark purple to a paler purple, ya know, like a gradient is supposed to.

Last edited:

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
so because he likes to laugh at other people's pain, he's a heartless monster? i think you're just insecure.
Excuse me? You need to stop posting in this thread unless you're specifically talking about the roster, which right now you are clearly not. Thanks.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
back to square one; what if it CAN'T be debunked?
i should make a flowchart.
Im obviously not getting anywhere with you lol im not going back and forth with you on whether or not it can or cannot be debunked as you can see 900 posts before we started this conversation has prooved that each side is on equal footing.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
His color is dark purple not blue and goes to light purple, so it goes from dark purple to a paler purple, ya know, like a gradient is supposed to.
The colour on his profile looks pretty "dark blue" to me. Almost like the colour of his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom