• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewter

Smash Master
The videos look real enough!
It's not very reasonable to deny the leaks at this point.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I made this but i will also like to point out that the green color scheme between ness and sonic used for the fourth player character slot is off a little bit and the same for the duck hunt dog and samus for third player but yellow seems to always look lighter under camera but green dose too so there is no reason for it to be getting darker from where ness’s Lv.4 and P4 spot is

View attachment 22976
I found this, which kind of works against it. I didn't make this, so I'm not taking credit but here:
http://m.imgur.com/XT7ykzW
These are some pretty good points. Even if the demo is not the final build of the game, it is a little bit strange that there are discrepancies like this. It's actually even more amazing that people trying to pick apart the leak took so long to notice this when the character render argument fell flat.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I hope Nintendo sues their butts off. This is ridiculous. There are some things that are inconsistent with the E3 build still. I know this is probably real at this point, but something still feels off to me. Oh well.

They are just my speculations not being a hater or something

I was speculate if any of representatives enemy appear in smash run ex: If Goomba appears then Mario should be in the roster
-There is image of Polar Bear in SSB DOJO 3ds section, then it is likely that Ice Climbers return as playable character
Second- About the Red Team Victory screen, I was skeptical that there is few or even NONE screenshot of team victory, so I think it remain debatable. p.s:judging by Sakurai's personality, he would not just make such a simple victory screen that shows only one character
-Third, Bowser Jr's image looks surprisingly familiar.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Yeah, I'm going to still remain a bit skeptical, but it's really starting to look real now. It's just that the whole Bowser Jr. idea seems off to me, and Shulks move set looks like someone else's. But I can't place whose it is.

Same with ledge recovery hit, no?
That is a good point! I did thought of that because PSA actually done good job on keep moveset fluently, so it is possible it is through the manipulation on Character's modeling because Shulk's icon image does look like Little Mac's face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VQKWlMePt4

Here is an example of PSA for Shulk

Last edited:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I found this, which kind of works against it. I didn't make this, so I'm not taking credit but here:
http://m.imgur.com/XT7ykzW
Theres nothing to take credit for because its bogus.
He uses different menus to discredit 1 menu lmao.
For instance the pokeball for greninja (Character symbol) appears on character select but diddy's banana isn't there so he circled it as if it was a point THEN he uses another image that also does not have character symbols and circles "OK" on the bottom of the screen when thats not on the first image with characters symbols either lmao . . .
AND THEN Right after that he has a "leaked" image that has the character have the character symbols.
Then he talks about font and size when the images are different sizes, wow. Then he circles the gray background in another image when thats the only image with gray in the back, irrelevant.
He then uses a character select screen image to try to debunk it again with bowser. That image was in single player obviously "Selecting character" was not present to compress the image. If hes pointing out its a different menu from all of them thats obvious because of the levels under all the characters.
Grasping at straws at its finest

@ DevaAshera DevaAshera you keep bringing up characters that have alt costumes of gender swaps and that doesn't help your argument. They aren't going to have the male/female version of a character speaking like a female/male. The Male/Female costumes can also use the main costumes pallet as their own. There are no costumes confirmed that have turned a pre existing color into a costume. Dark pit isn't a gender swap there is no reason to go through the effort to over glorify a color of a character by calling it a costume. from a development point there is no reason to waste time coding 1 color to have its own name when they have already gotten away with it as a pallet and would still be acceptable to do so.

Granted, now that I think of it I'm not sure if Dark link's color is in the game or not

ALSO THE LEAK IS REAL PACK IT UP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMdnEroxb30&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
So...should we discuss this here?
Or just lament it's uncontested legitimacy?

I, for one, think it's fake. There's so much that doesn't add up here.
I highly doubt we'd get Dr. Mario, DHD, Dark Pit, while cutting Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wolf and not adding Mewtwo.

Plus, Shulk's face looks like Pit, and his hair like Male Robin. A lot of these things, at this resolution, could have been Photoshopped. Additionally, the fact that the cut characters are all DLC is a HUGE red flag for me, because seriously, that's stupid.
Leak is real LOL check news

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
When I learned most of the "sources" were from 4chan. I can conclude one additional thing of this: You guys are being trolled good.

This...THIS nonsense is just like the "leak" of the Brawl roster, while there were many of them, and I cannot exactly recall how many were truth all I know is that trolls, especially from 4chan do this stuff all the time.

What do they do? They like to exploit common human desire like everyday religion and getting publicity for fake, quickly fabricated work. Wake up.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
@ DevaAshera DevaAshera you keep bringing up characters that have alt costumes of gender swaps and that doesn't help your argument. They aren't going to have the male/female version of a character speaking like a female/male. The Male/Female costumes can also use the main costumes pallet as their own. There are no costumes confirmed that have turned a pre existing color into a costume. Dark pit isn't a gender swap there is no reason to go through the effort to over glorify a color of a character by calling it a costume. from a development point there is no reason to waste time coding 1 color to have its own name when they have already gotten away with it as a pallet and would still be acceptable to do so.

Granted, now that I think of it I'm not sure if Dark link's color is in the game or not

ALSO THE LEAK IS REAL PACK IT UP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMdnEroxb30&feature=youtu.be
Yeah, I know, but the precedent is there simply by showing that the voices can be changed if they want to, so different characters like Daisy for Peach or Dark Pit for Pit could have different voices.

There is in this case a reason to 'glorify' Dark Pit as an alt: He's his own Character now. He, himself, has surpassed being just a costume alt. This would also be a fair enough reason to give Dark Pit his own name/voice as just a colour simply due to being able to do so if they so pleased.

Also, everything you're saying could also be used for reasons why Dark Pit wouldn't make sense as his own character, since its still the same model for Pit. And not all of the alts have been shown with the same palettes as their defaults, the Girl Villagers have been shown as Pink and Green so far, the Boys as Red & Yellow, even if the Wii Fit Trainers were both Light Blue and Light Green, and we haven't scene Robin or Sweatsuit Mac's alt colours yet, and only two for Zero Suit Samus with Light Blue and Black for default and Orange and Dark Blue for Shorts.

As for the footage, I'm still skeptical, to be honest, since there is for some reason no music playing and its grainy nature could cover up any problems.
I also have a hard time believing that 3 ESRB would all be okay with someone filming the DVD at such a close range, since they'd likely all three lose their jobs when it was all said and done, since it would be obvious where the footage came from in the first place.
If it was taken after the fact and just played on their own PC, why not just download the DLC to the disc and upload the actual video? Why take only grainy camera phone video?

Last edited:

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
I really HATE how the gameplay videos doesn't record from character select screen to gameplay. It's bothering me. Sure this persuaded me to leaning towards the leak being more real, but it doesn't convince me in being 100% legit as most of you claim it to be.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
So...should we discuss this here?
Or just lament it's uncontested legitimacy?

I, for one, think it's fake. There's so much that doesn't add up here.
I highly doubt we'd get Dr. Mario, DHD, Dark Pit, while cutting Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wolf and not adding Mewtwo.

Plus, Shulk's face looks like Pit, and his hair like Male Robin. A lot of these things, at this resolution, could have been Photoshopped. Additionally, the fact that the cut characters are all DLC is a HUGE red flag for me, because seriously, that's stupid.
I see Ice Climbers getting cut due to character balancing issues. They we're very good in Melee and Brawl. It wouldn't make sense to just add one Ice Climber either as that would be odd for the Smash series.

People may want Lucas, Wolf, and Mewtwo back, but I would rather have some new characters over 2 semi-clones and even a really wanted returning veteran. Plus if you look at the character select screen, there is still room for more characters.

The nit picking of Shulks characteristics is as ridiculous as the X and Y leaks go. They are so nit picky to the point where it's obnoxious. They may have added on some features from other characters and edited them for budget reasons? Either way, while you say it is possible it could be phottoshopped because of the resolution it's much more possible it's real due to not getting enough detail of the characters. Plus there is animations for the new characters shown that are really convincing.

DLC Characters may be stupid, but ever think it could be free DLC? The reason they may not be included was because of development time. As they year goes on and we get closer to Smash Wii U, they release characters along the way. Finally, at the Wii U release we get all characters for the 3DS version. It would make sense for the Wii U version to have the full roster while the 3DS version adds characters throughout the months because it came out first.

No matter how much proof you show people, they will always think it's fake. If someone doesn't like the roster or a character they requested isn't in the game, it's the worst Smash Bros ever. People need to stop with the negativity and be appreciative for once.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I see Ice Climbers getting cut due to character balancing issues. They we're very good in Melee and Brawl. It wouldn't make sense to just add one Ice Climber either as that would be odd for the Smash series.

People may want Lucas, Wolf, and Mewtwo back, but I would rather have some new characters over 2 semi-clones and even a really wanted returning veteran. Plus if you look at the character select screen, there is still room for more characters.

The nit picking of Shulks characteristics is as ridiculous as the X and Y leaks go. They are so nit picky to the point where it's obnoxious. They may have added on some features from other characters and edited them for budget reasons? Either way, while you say it is possible it could be phottoshopped because of the resolution it's much more possible it's real due to not getting enough detail of the characters. Plus there is animations for the new characters shown that are really convincing.

DLC Characters may be stupid, but ever think it could be free DLC? The reason they may not be included was because of development time. As they year goes on and we get closer to Smash Wii U, they release characters along the way. Finally, at the Wii U release we get all characters for the 3DS version. It would make sense for the Wii U version to have the full roster while the 3DS version adds characters throughout the months because it came out first.

No matter how much proof you show people, they will always think it's fake. If someone doesn't like the roster or a character they requested isn't in the game, it's the worst Smash Bros ever. People need to stop with the negativity and be appreciative for once.
Will you people stop responding to a post I made over a week ago?
For Christ sakes, my stance has changed.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Will you people stop responding to a post I made over a week ago?
For Christ sakes, my stance has changed.
Didn't read your next responses, sorry :) .
But my my post stands for anyone else who thinks its fake.

One question

ARE YOU ON #teamreal ????!!!

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Does anyone else think Falco looks like a direct rip of some Brawl artwork?
Please include what artwork your talking about, And no i don't think that.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Krystal officially deconfirmed.
Wario's trophy pose revealed. (Also Left Eye is back)
Pauline Trophy confirmed.
Barbara's Trophy revealed. (Potential Assist Trophy)
More of Dark Pit's Artwork! (Confirming This)

Last edited:

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
It is so real. It has
When I learned most of the "sources" were from 4chan. I can conclude one additional thing of this: You guys are being trolled good.

This...THIS nonsense is just like the "leak" of the Brawl roster, while there were many of them, and I cannot exactly recall how many were truth all I know is that trolls, especially from 4chan do this stuff all the time.

What do they do? They like to exploit common human desire like everyday religion and getting publicity for fake, quickly fabricated work. Wake up.
been just confirmed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sVYiv8AnX8

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
Why are ther
Krystal officially deconfirmed.
Wario's trophy pose revealed. (Also Left Eye is back)
Pauline Trophy confirmed.
Barbara's Trophy revealed. (Potential Assist Trophy)
More of Dark Pit's Artwork! (Confirming This)
e so many troll booty shots.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman

You guys are still crying fake with nintendo removing the videos trying to control the damage already done?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psc9NUkLMNk&index=4&list=UUsKwxhG3ioc6FDKupmlVHZQ

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Why are ther

e so many troll booty shots.
ESRB is sent the most sexual or violent thing and 1 or 2 videos of gameplay.

But it looks like this game got 3 videos with one having Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Duck Hunt Dog and Ness.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I know, but the precedent is there simply by showing that the voices can be changed if they want to, so different characters like Daisy for Peach or Dark Pit for Pit could have different voices.

There is in this case a reason to 'glorify' Dark Pit as an alt: He's his own Character now. He, himself, has surpassed being just a costume alt. This would also be a fair enough reason to give Dark Pit his own name/voice as just a colour simply due to being able to do so if they so pleased.

Also, everything you're saying could also be used for reasons why Dark Pit wouldn't make sense as his own character, since its still the same model for Pit. And not all of the alts have been shown with the same palettes as their defaults, the Girl Villagers have been shown as Pink and Green so far, the Boys as Red & Yellow, even if the Wii Fit Trainers were both Light Blue and Light Green, and we haven't scene Robin or Sweatsuit Mac's alt colours yet, and only two for Zero Suit Samus with Light Blue and Black for default and Orange and Dark Blue for Shorts.

As for the footage, I'm still skeptical, to be honest, since there is for some reason no music playing and its grainy nature could cover up any problems.
I also have a hard time believing that 3 ESRB would all be okay with someone filming the DVD at such a close range, since they'd likely all three lose their jobs when it was all said and done, since it would be obvious where the footage came from in the first place.
If it was taken after the fact and just played on their own PC, why not just download the DLC to the disc and upload the actual video? Why take only grainy camera phone video?
Respectfully, I'm not gonna argue about it anymore because I was right about it.
Adjustments to the character more than a name warrants a slot. There is nothing wrong with what I was saying. There is no reason to go through that process for 1 color and I was right.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
You know as a company Nintendo is going to take down videos of people claiming to have footage or leaks from an upcoming title by principle alone, not because it's real.
You're right! All Project M videos are taken down and every recording of Brawl is deleted along with the Bestbuy Demos are now deleted forever!

Oh no!

You know as a company Nintendo is going to take down videos of people claiming to have footage or leaks from an upcoming title by principle alone, not because it's real.
I can imagine it will be a chaos that Sakurai post the trophies of all these characters on PotD (because characters got shown and mention usually got disconfirm).

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
Theres nothing to take credit for because its bogus.
He uses different menus to discredit 1 menu lmao.
For instance the pokeball for greninja (Character symbol) appears on character select but diddy's banana isn't there so he circled it as if it was a point THEN he uses another image that also does not have character symbols and circles "OK" on the bottom of the screen when thats not on the first image with characters symbols either lmao . . .
AND THEN Right after that he has a "leaked" image that has the character have the character symbols.
Then he talks about font and size when the images are different sizes, wow. Then he circles the gray background in another image when thats the only image with gray in the back, irrelevant.
He then uses a character select screen image to try to debunk it again with bowser. That image was in single player obviously "Selecting character" was not present to compress the image. If hes pointing out its a different menu from all of them thats obvious because of the levels under all the characters.
Grasping at straws at its finest

The sad thing is that Nintendo erased the video. But this is evidence that Nintendo doesn't want us to see. So this leak is confirmed:) Why else would Nintendo take the video down so quickly. Even the word Wii U trended on Twitter.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
You're kidding right?
You can look up other videos that have been up for months claiming smash related things and they wont be taken down.
Its amazing how you think isolated videos that only said leak(1-5)
are being taken down mean nothing
while there are **** storms of videos that say "Smash bros 4 leaks!" that won't get touched.
You people have the biggest case of denial and when the game comes out with this stuff confirmed ill be saying I told you so.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Barbara's Trophy doesn't have a guitar, I don't think she will be an assist trophy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom