• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible to trip in the air?

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to trip in the air? I jumped once and went up about 1/3 of my jump then landed on my bottom. I think I jumped after a tight turn. Musta been a glitch? Whatever happened was weird. I think it was a stock match that lasted longer than 3 mins so I couldn't record it sadly.

Anyways it is probably just me jumping out of a turning animation and tripping because of the turning animation.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? It only happened to me one

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure someone footstool jumped you. You tumble down after you get jumped on.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure someone footstool jumped you. You tumble down after you get jumped on.
No, when you get footstooled, you land on your back, not your behind.

And yes, Air Tripping exists. I myself have done this and so have others. No videos though. And it's very rare.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I think this has happened to me also. I know I wasnt footstooled cuz I wasnt laying on my back.

This is so messed up. Can this screw up recovery for no given reason? Or do you HAVE to turn around rapidly before jumping?

Mama

Smash Ace
Theres no hard proof that air tripping exists. On top of that it doesn't make any sense at all. At least regular tripping makes sense in a logical sense.

I've never air tripped as much as I like to jump around a lot with one of my characters. I've tripped on the ground a lot though. I also probably play more often than Yuna does, so if air tripping existed chances are a lot more people would have encountered it.

EDIT : Right now, Air tripping = Big foot. You have a few people (I think 3) who are convinced its real and have one or two videos that aren't that great in terms of proof.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
I think I've done it before also. Sometimes when I think about Brawl and tripping, I cry. But then I ride wheelies on Wario's sweet bike and it's ok.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Theres no hard proof that air tripping exists. On top of that it doesn't make any sense at all. At least regular tripping makes sense in a logical sense.

I've never air tripped as much as I like to jump around a lot with one of my characters. I've tripped on the ground a lot though. I also probably play more often than Yuna does, so if air tripping existed chances are a lot more people would have encountered it.
What part of "It's very rare" is too hard for you to grasp? It's random and it's rare. Just because you haven't had it happen to you doesn't mean it cannot happen.

Ek dabbles with Peach. And he almost never pulls special items, yet I do all the time.

EDIT : Right now, Air tripping = Big foot. You have a few people (I think 3) who are convinced its real and have one or two videos that aren't that great in terms of proof.
I've personally seen a good 10+ people post about Air Tripping occuring to them. These are only the people who've excluded the chances of a Footstool by mentioning that there were no other players anywhere near them.

Metzger

Smash Apprentice
People claiming it happens doesn't mean it happens.

Right now we have one video that looks like a player trips in the air after dropping through a platform on Smashville. Other than that we have absolutely no evidence of air tripping, nor is there any instances of it in any full matches posted so far by other users on Youtube.

There's nothing more to say right now until we find some other kind of evidence of it, and those of us that have spent some time trying to reproduce this haven't had any luck.

Mama

Smash Ace
stuff (get it?)
But thats not hard evidence nor is it fact. Its just the claims of people. Agian, like Big Foot. I'm just not convinced at all. As you said before, you argue points ardently if you're convinced you're right and have the facts to prove it. Going by your philosophy, you've got no right to argue fervently lol. No proof or facts just claims. Until I see it myself or see a video then I'm just not going to buy it. Excuse me if I don't just decide to believe everything I see based on little to no proof.

On a side note, I didn't know Dedede threw capsules out until a little while ago. In FFA match with 5 stocks one of my friends found this out and ended up throwing out, a Smash Ball, Dragoon part, bumper, Spring, Exploding capsule, and other things all in one match. After that match he couldn't get any more capsules. It was weird but in no way related to my post lol.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
But thats not hard evidence nor is it fact. Its just the claims of people. Agian, like Big Foot. I'm just not convinced at all. As you said before, you argue points ardently if you're convinced you're right and have the facts to prove it. Going by your philosophy, you've got no right to argue fervently lol. No proof or facts just claims. Until I see it myself or see a video then I'm just not going to buy it. Excuse me if I don't just decide to believe everything I see based on little to no proof.
You said "Like 3 people", indicating the number was tiny. It isn't. It's growing by the day.

I'm not saying we have proof (except for that one video which people still refuse to acknowledge because it hurts their brains. "Glitched footstool" my tuchas). But it's not as uncommon as you make it sound like.

Mama

Smash Ace
You said "Like 3 people", indicating the number was tiny. It isn't. It's growing by the day.

I'm not saying we have proof (except for that one video which people still refuse to acknowledge because it hurts their brains. "Glitched footstool" my tuchas). But it's not as uncommon as you make it sound like.
Alright.

From what I can see, it sounds like a glitch or oversight. In the OPs example he turns around and jumps. It would be weird if he jumped (buffer system maybe?) before he had a chance to trip and ended up tripping in the air. If that were the case then it would almost be like accidentally discovering some new bug.....that really really really sucks ***.

Lessthan_tom

Smash Cadet
that's so funny though. Tripping in the air lol
Not really. It's quite simple. Brawl is so awesome that it's own reality is tearing apart. Air tripping is simply your character's foot getting stuck in the rifts in brawl space-time as it jumps.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
BTW, Mama, while I'll reserve a right to be sceptic when someone says something outlandish, I've never said "No, this cannot possibly exist because I have never experienced it! You must be wrong! Show me a video!".

It is only for outlandish theories that I demand proof. Anyone can theorize anything. But if a lot of people say "We've experienced this thing that's quite rare", then I'll at least think "It might be possible". Have you seen a submarine in real life? Do you believe them to be a media fake?

DAVO

Smash Rookie
Air tripping its true , want proof? , use luigis final smash then have someone jump around in it , he is going to trip in the air , that because the FS increases the chance of things like that happening.
I personaly have tripped in the air in a normal match without luigis final smash.
Its true , it sucks , deal with it

Top Bottom