• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new AT

Powda

Smash Apprentice
I'm no pro, but my friends and I play alot of smash. A few weeks ago we were smashing it up in good ol' BF when out of no where I somehow did a sliding Fsmash.....there were about 6 ppl in the room and about 4 WTFs?!?!! when I did it....we were in the middle of an intense match and it was brought to a dead stop as we tried to repeat what had just happened. The match went over3 minutes long so I was unable to save the match, but I wanted to post here so others could test things out or atleast keep it in mind as we look for new AT.

The best way i can describe what happened...I was running towards the edge where toon link was going to land to do a sliding Usmash, I must have missed the up part on the joystck and went sliding with my stick and KO'd toonlink. There was a few blinks during the motion. In my head it made sense...if you can do a sliding Usmash, why not a sliding forward smash. Everytime I try to repeat it, it does his normal moving forward smash instead of the stick...I'm bugged, but hopefully someone will figure it out.

If this is already known I apologize, please explain here how to do it.

Thank you
~Adam

Edit - BTW I B-Stick

LittLeLives

Smash Apprentice
I think they were already past the 3 minute mark when the sliding stick began..

A shame you didn't have the replay hack. :(
Can you give us any other technical info? For example
how many players were there, was it 1v1, 2v2, FFA
what was Toon Link doing at the time, etc, etc

I'll try and see what I can come up with..

S.D

Smash Master
A sliding U smash is a jump cancelled upsmash.

I wonder whether it is possible to jump cancel a forward smash in the same way? I've never seen it done, but who knows...

Levitas

the moon
everytime you do something like this, just quit the match and save the replay, no matter how intense was the battle
take it to the next level and quit at the 2:59 mark every game to prevent the possibility of something you want recorded happening when you can't record it.

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
have you tried it though?

I did one before but not in a foxtrot.. It was actually in a middle of a sprint...

I had the same reaction... "4WTFs"

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
I was running towards the edge where toon link was going to land to do a sliding Usmash, I must have missed the up part on the joystck and went sliding with my stick and KO'd toonlink.
Did toon link use down air? You do know that has a wind effect.

Powda

Smash Apprentice
Did toon link use down air? You do know that has a wind effect.
Yes I know toon link has a wind effect, but I was sliding into TL, not away from him. And it was a 1v1.

I spent 2 weeks off and on trying to repeat this, with no luck. I'm reminded of Snakes no-combat sliding mortar and how complicated it is to do something like that....I mean was someone really randomly hitting over A, Z and Ucstick at the same time to discover it?

I don't recall exactly what TL was doing other than being on the ground. He may have just gotten up from the ledge, maybe he dodged at the wrong moment...maybe he was getting ready to Fsmash me. What I do know is, I was running and going for a usual sliding Usmash and must have missed the up part of the joystick and I swear I went sliding into TL Fsmash and all. It was a slide, I know i slide when i feel/see one...I play a lot of snake.

I really don't want to send everyone on a goose chase, don't spend hours trying to figure this out, makes me feel like crap. Until I know what happened, my friends still joke with me, "Remember that one time you randomly slid into me with your small tree...ya that was bullcrap."

IN regard to the stutter step. I was running from closer to the middle of the map to the right, does that change anything?

c3gill

Smash Ace
hate to sound repitive, but this really sounds like you managed to Foxtrot--> F-Smash.

Can I do it? NO. Do I think it can be done? YES.
grats on pulling it off, man.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Idk. DAC is something tough to pull off, and it took a while to master, but it's become an awesome AT for some characters. If someone can pull this off again, we can all try to experiment with it.

Top Bottom