• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Idea: Sneak Attack (SA)

IllidR

Smash Champion
Alright, I've been reading these forums for a while now and finally mustered up the courage to make a post:laugh:. So I came up with a possible idea today after seeing the Yoshi update and checked back to see that it had not been posted before.

So after seeing the screen shot of Yoshi ontop of DK's back i wondered if this was some type of new technique (I realize it might just be a cut scene but hey why not). Suppose with the new incorporation of each character's eyes following one another you can perform a certain attack like the one Yoshi was doing. To do this you would have to lose the other character's attention.. either by him focusing on another character or you being stealthy behind him. This could work with crawling, giving it a purpose of staying out of the opponent's focus by creeping around. You can see in one of the other Yoshi update screenies that a character will not always see your character in the picture where Pikachu is running after Yoshi. So basically this move would serve just as some bonus damage if you happen to catch your opponent off-guard.

So post your ideas, comments, suggestions. But most of all.. FLAME ON!:laugh:

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
Brawl will use the same type of gameplay as Melee, so everyone will always see everyone on the same screen. The screen pics in the updates don't use the main window view, they can use any view they want because they programmed the game. I really have no idea what new attack the Yoshi on DK thing was, but my blunt guess is some sort of counter that can be done while getting hit and usually can't do anything about it (comboing).

IllidR

Smash Champion
I'm not saying that the player will not be able to see the other's character.. because it is not that hard to see where everyone is on the screen. Just that there may be some sort of incorporation of if your character loses focus of your opponent's you may be punished and will have to watch your backside.

LinkTer

Smash Cadet
Maybe what yoshi did to Dk was a new kind of grab? but i like his old grab better so i hope not, but nice idea with the SA

@ce

Smash Apprentice
i really hope it is a sneak attack. that would be a nice way to add something new to the game, but im willing to bet that its just a new b move. I dont think they are going to try and mess with the flawless system they have. The whole if aint broke dont fix it rule.the character's eyes following ppl is just for cosmetic look most likely.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Someone has been playing too much final fantasy XI online. :)
(Thief) (Sneak Attack) (You can have this.)

IllidR

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, haven't played any final fantasy XI online. And also it could just be Yoshi falling through DK and Sakurai just wants to mess with us.. false hope and all. But hey, it's always fun to present new possibilities =D

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Ah ok, but the idea seems almost the exact same. Must just be odd luck.:ohwell:

Toomai

Smash Ace
The picture itself looks like Yoshi standing on DK and crouching (and why not, Pika stood on a crate).

But I don't see the advantage (or how to implement) a sneak attack. Getting a bonus for being a backstabber is good enough.

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
First Pic: Possibly a new move for Yoshi, or a certain kind of grapple move

Second Pic: It's just Link jumping at Pit from behind

Third Pic: Logically, it could probably be one of Wario's moves

Fourth Pic: If you look closely, it just looks like Pikachu jumping over Kirby

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Seems like an odd thing to implement in a Smash game. As, chances are on a 1v1 match you wouldn't be caught looking away enough to make it matter, all it seems to do is encourage teaming up on a single enemy. So, eh, I guess I don't approve of this idea.
As for the Yoshi pic... I really do think it's Sakurai being playful with pictures, like that entire special video in melee, with things like Sheik fishing for DK with the chain and the banana food item. Yoshi's probably in the middle of some attack, and DK's in his hurt pose.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
I think it was just Yoshi falling through DK, and they got the picture just as he touched DK's back.
If i'm right, this is more proof that Brawl will support the Havoc Engine, like stated above, Pikachu was standing on a crate, so insted of falling through it, it now has it's own mass, now that may meam it's safe too assume that characters will do the same, mabey yosho and other light characters can hop on top of the heavier bigger characters

Top Bottom