• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible confirmation of Golden Sun representation in SSE?

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
It actually looks more to me like one of those towers you have to go into... Like the Mercury Lighthouse and all that. Venus Lighthouse... Mars Lighthouse you get it. I really DO want to see Isaac in this game. More than I wanted to see Sonic or Snake.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
OMG WOW THEY BOTH HAVE MOUNTAINS.

Alot of games have mountains. Jeez.
I think that's a little bit unnecessary. How many games have steep spires with a ring of clouds specifically formed in a perfect circle around the mountain? Once you narrow that down to Nintendo games, and the mountain's obvious positioning in how it sticks out in the land scape (the only mountain in that area that comes close to its size, so it's pretty obvious it's not there just for decoration), there are plausible conclusions that we've already drawn here. Simply saying that means either you didn't try hard enough to understand the original post (or are unable to), or you're just trying to be a troll.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was an okay RPG, especially for a GBA one. From what I remember it had a few puzzles that involved using the Djinn (kind of like elementals/summons) you obtain in dungeons and other areas, which was pretty interesting.

1. Like what's been said, that mountain structure is very cliché and common.

2. There aren't any other Nintendo landmarks on the map as of yet.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
hmm...guess you guys really do love golden sun eh?

is the game any good?

mightm wanna play it if he DOES get confirmed...
Games great. Buy it if you can find it. Then again if he is in the game you won't HAVE to buy it if you don't want to. The demo of the game will be in there. COOL!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord

here are the images with no fog.

Interesting. It says sticker right there. How could we have missed that. SSE was tied to stickers for a while now.

You can also Save and continue SSE later. Means it's not made for a single sitting.

Edit: Oh wait, this was from the sticker update. I guess the save button is still a good find

Take a LoT

Smash Rookie
It actually looks more to me like one of those towers you have to go into... Like the Mercury Lighthouse and all that. Venus Lighthouse... Mars Lighthouse you get it. I really DO want to see Isaac in this game. More than I wanted to see Sonic or Snake.
Thats what I meant! It looks more like a redesigned area around the Venus Lighthouse!

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Well spotted. I didn't think Golden Sun was a particularly good RPG, but it'd be nice if it were represented in some way.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I hope for this to be true, but this might just mean we fight the Wise One...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It looks more lie mt.aleph than death mountain.

If you look carefully it has the same features.

It would be nice to see Golden sun get a playable character......however just because the subspace emissionary has a golden sun level does not mean there is a playable golden sun character. I wish it did mean that but it doesn't fully confirm a golden sun character :(

Arteen

Smash Lord
It's called Skyworld, but it hardly bears a resemblance TO it on the map.
It seems to me that you're missing the point. Regardless of what it looks like on the map, it is supposed to represent part of the Kid Icarus universe. I'm sure that we've only seen a small portion of the map so far. In addition, from one of the SSE trailers, we see PT in some sort of town park, which is certainly supposed to represent the towns in the Pokemon universe. Besides, isn't it just a speck on the map? I don't see how you can draw conclusions from that.

Wise One wasn't evil last time I checked...

I'm hoping for a Saturos/Menardi Dragon fight.
But he was a jerk. I have wanted to beat the crap out of him for a long time. A Saturos/Menardi boss fight would be awesome. I'd prefer fighting them in their normal forms instead of in their Fusion Dragon form.

Or an Alex boss fight
That would be cool too (pun not intended). Story-wise, I'd wager that he joined with the Subspace army in order to get into an advantageous position to gain the power of the Golden Sun.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
You see that green flag on the top right, in the clouds? That's Skyworld. That's 3% of the game. The screen you're looking at is the whole map.

Arteen

Smash Lord
You see that green flag on the top right, in the clouds? That's Skyworld. That's 3% of the game. The screen you're looking at is the whole map.
How do you know that the map screen doesn't scroll or anything like that?

...Which has a statue of Palutena in it, a monument that they could have easily put in.

Durrr.
What point are you trying to make?

Arteen

Smash Lord
Why would Mt. Adelph be the one and only area to be seen on the map?
First, it could easily not be the whole map. Second, it's a mountain, so it's noticable. Skyworld is also on the map, but it's just a speck. I recall a scene from the trailer where Link pulls out the Master Sword from a pedestal in the Lost Woods (or an allusion to that). That is also something that can't be seen on the map screen because of its size.

I can't say for certain that it is Mt Aleph (I want it to be true, but I doubt it), but there is no convincing evidence against it yet.

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
Whilst I'm not 100% convinced, I am very intrigued. It could well be and you have made, for me, a GS representitives chances of making the cut go up. Please let it be.

Okysho

Smash Ace
yeah, but it's definately not the mountain from golden sun, as we can all see... there's no cloud thingy around it, also, the proportion is off in comparison to that of the one in your golden sun screenshot... It could just be some random background stuff...

although, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a golden sun rep, even though I've never played the game

ZekeThePlumber

Smash Rookie
yeah, but it's definately not the mountain from golden sun, as we can all see... there's no cloud thingy around it, also, the proportion is off in comparison to that of the one in your golden sun screenshot... It could just be some random background stuff...

although, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a golden sun rep, even though I've never played the game
You mean like a ring of clouds in this picture here:

You know, the same picture that I included in the original post?

And just to be clear I've included a list of things that this structure could NOT be.

Death Mountain

Furthermore, Death Mountain is volcanic. The mountain on the map is much more vertical, resembling a spire more than a mountain.

"The mountain from Wind Waker"

Or more appropriately, Dragon Roost ISLAND. This follows the same logic as Death Mountain seeing that it is also volcanic and not spire-like. In fact, if you follow Zelda chronology, you could argue that it IS Death Mountain.

The Dynablade Mountain

While this mountain does have a ring of clouds around it, its conical like the others. This is much more of a generic mountain if anything since it isn't actually named. So generic I couldn't find a picture of it.

Top Bottom