• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Possible AT) Ledge Aerial PK Fire

VentusNeos

Smash Cadet
NNID
VentusNeos
3DS FC
0087-2490-5498
A few days ago I was testing around with the Mini PK jump and it's timing, when I did it on the ledge, it came out at a grounded PK fire. I doubt that this is a practical AT for Ness, but I thought I'd show it off to you guys.

http://giphy.com/gifs/3xEhyDQcZqV6kS2ioo
This is on my 3ds, and thus, not the best quality. Sorry. However, I believe it shows clearly enough of what I mean.

http://youtu.be/xXwCCiKQiQQ?t=1m55s
For any real use, here's Fsann (Japanease Ness) who uses it as an amazing follow up, along with the fact that he does it without the PK jump. Not to mention it's one amazing combo video.

Edit: Someone please make a good name for this. I know I can't

Last edited:

Meccs

@Meccs_
Yeah this was found back on the 3DS, I'm sure there's a thread on it but I'm to lazy to search it. It wasn't called anything it's just a certain spacing of PK Jump. Certainly can be useful tho as shown by Fsann.

Last edited:

VentusNeos

Smash Cadet
NNID
VentusNeos
3DS FC
0087-2490-5498
Yeah this was found back on the 3DS, I'm sure there's a thread on it but I'm to lazy to search it. It wasn't called anything it's just a certain spacing of PK Jump. Certainly can be useful tho as shown by Fsann.
Thanks! I haven't seen any thread on it so I made this one. However, if there is a thread for it, then I'm sorry.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I actually found this out in Brawl. It's an aerial straight PKF, accomplished by landing on the exact frame PKF comes out. It has nothing to do with DJC PKF, just landing at the right time.

If you are close enough to the edge, or the ground in front of you is slanted downwards, it'll come out fully. However, its strictness in timing makes it impractical.

ilysm

sleepy
How much lag does it put you in? I know that in PM, if you do aerial PKF and hit the ground on the same frame the bolt leaves Ness's hands, it'll be pretty much lagless and will come out as grounded.

VentusNeos

Smash Cadet
NNID
VentusNeos
3DS FC
0087-2490-5498
I actually found this out in Brawl. It's an aerial straight PKF, accomplished by landing on the exact frame PKF comes out. It has nothing to do with DJC PKF, just landing at the right time.

If you are close enough to the edge, or the ground in front of you is slanted downwards, it'll come out fully. However, its strictness in timing makes it impractical.
I know it has nothing to do with the DJC, but that's how I use it, as the timing is easier for me.

How much lag does it put you in? I know that in PM, if you do aerial PKF and hit the ground on the same frame the bolt leaves Ness's hands, it'll be pretty much lagless and will come out as grounded.
It puts you in the same amount of lag as a normal aerial PK fire in 4

Last edited:

R. A. Y. S.

Smash Rookie
NNID
JLucas_PK_LOVE
3DS FC
1736-0177-7445
Lol a week ago, I found out about this while versing against my friend, and I was like im saving this replay because i think i found something for Ness ATs. Turns out I go on SmashBoards and you guys are already on it. :/

Top Bottom