• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Portland Smash Bi-Monthly Tournaments -- Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balloon

Smash Lord
I just warning you don't be an idiot and cross me the wrong way because it will be bad if you do the smash scene will be messed up because we will all be hating on each other and I will go even more if people don't like me for the soul fact either I get to fight a bunch of stupid gamers or the fact that what your doing is illegal gambling with out a license theres a fine no smash entry fee can pay.

On a side note nothing agenst you Justin I just don't like some smasher your cool Cmin is cool Venus Gosspal is fricken awesome Gun Keith and the rest of my crew are cool

Well Jesse is to but not james he's lame but I am sure he is aware of this already.

And I am still going to Punch Bart when I see him! :laugh:
You do that and you're seriously going to get hurt man. Not by me though.

Binx, is the 25th a 10 dollar entry fee? If it is I might consider coming.

Binx

Smash Master
Its the first one it will be $5 almost definately I want to run a few cheaper ones before the big one, I am planning on the one on September 22nd being a big one for like $15-20, but that isnt set in stone, after the first one the shop will let me know if they are willing to do more or not.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
You do that and you're seriously going to get hurt man. Not by me though.

Binx, is the 25th a 10 dollar entry fee? If it is I might consider coming.
Oh really? So, when I decide to walk up and just hit you some how I am going to get hurt? And it's not going to be by you what do you have some dumb ninja defense that crawls out your gaping butt hole? Come Bart I am asking to go one's with you in other words I am asking you to step up to me that's all.

One thing you can do for me is at least defend your self.

Binx

Smash Master
Oh really? So, when I decide to walk up and just hit you some how I am going to get hurt? And it's not going to be by you what do you have some dumb ninja defense that crawls out your gaping butt hole? Come Bart I am asking to go one's with you in other words I am asking you to step up to me that's all.

One thing you can do for me is at least defend your self.
David come on man, not in this thread, argue in PM or something. Dont hit other smashers just beat them in game and make fun of them, thats how we roll in this community.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
David come on man, not in this thread, argue in PM or something. Dont hit other smashers just beat them in game and make fun of them, thats how we roll in this community.
Justin your my friend and I will respect your thread so I will stop it there. As for how we "roll" in the smash scene I am just fine with fighting it out in smash but here is the thing it gets personal when you have some F-Tard Bart saying you stole money from the last tournament for drugs that's alot of disrespect and I will not in the least tolerate that if he had not hit the wrong button I would not be so pissed off at him right now.

I am sorry Justin but weather you like it or not there is going to be a problem between Bart and I.

I will also not do it in your venue either if there is going to be any problem Bart sure as hell better not see me out side that venue because first chance I get there is going to be a fight.

Justin? Cmin? Rage? Other smashers want to money match?

Balloon

Smash Lord
He's an idiot Binx. He can't even beat me in smash anyway, so he thinks that means he's allowed to punch me or something.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
BINX! tournament action getting set up here? well, that sounds like a good plan. More practice so i suck less. Anyways, for the smaller tournaments, I'm partial to a 5$ entrance fee, and over 10$ every so often for the huge ones.

I'll hopefully see you guys on the 25th!

~Kenpachi

Riot6777

Smash Ace
He's an idiot Binx. He can't even beat me in smash anyway, so he thinks that means he's allowed to punch me or something.
Bart do you even know why I am upset with you?

It doesn't have to do with smash sure you can beat me cool all are matches are close anyway who cares.

But I am pissed off at you because you said that I stole money from a tournament to help buy drugs that was alot of disrespect you showed me by saying that and that's why your going to be in a fight with me it's not over smash.

Kenpachi if you show up to this that would be awesome it's be awhile since we have played I want to see how much you have improved I am sure your spiritual pressure is almost threw the roof.

B1NX I am going over to XERY'S house on Monday if you would like to come play smash that would be cool.

Binx

Smash Master
Sounds like fun, I might show up, not sure yet. He lives pretty far away, mostly though I need to see if I am going to have an interview that day or not.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I would enjoy going, but there are a few factors against me:

1: Gas money, I live on the other end of Interstate 5 from Portland (still in Oregon, barely) and with my current lack of major Income I wouldn't make it anyway, best to wait till I get a good paycheck.

2: skill, or lack there-of. I am a fairly skilled casual player, but I don't have the fancy-pants many others have for tournament play

3: time its a good 5-6 our commute to Portland from the south end of Oregon, and If its Saturday, I may be working that night

Eggz

Smash Hero
I suggest everyone stops arguing with David and vice-versa. Seriously.

I'll see if Jem and Jamo want to go to this.

They will be more likely to go, as will I if the entry is raised to 10. Or at least make it so people can pay as much entry as they want, with a minimum of 5.

I'll see if I can get a donation or something.

Binx

Smash Master
I look forward to WA players but the first tournament will be $5 entry, in 3 weeks or so we will have a larger one, 15-20 most likely, but for now I want it to be cheap and accessable.

Chaos is Nor Cal closer? they have tournaments too.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Thanks EGGZ I am done.

And Justin if WA is willing to come to this tournament then maybe you should make it $10 but it's only if WA comes.

EGGZ I will talk to you on myspace about this party I am having for my B-Day and I know your a raver and like Techno such as I.

I am going to have 2 DJ's (Hard Style) spin for me for my B-Day also smash is going to be played so I was wondering if you would like to hang out during that time.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I would enjoy going, but there are a few factors against me:

1: Gas money, I live on the other end of Interstate 5 from Portland (still in Oregon, barely) and with my current lack of major Income I wouldn't make it anyway, best to wait till I get a good paycheck.

2: skill, or lack there-of. I am a fairly skilled casual player, but I don't have the fancy-pants many others have for tournament play

3: time its a good 5-6 our commute to Portland from the south end of Oregon, and If its Saturday, I may be working that night
1: Gasoline sucks. Electric is the way to go... or at least a hybrid until they bring out that car that runs on "good intentions" lol.

2: This should not be a factor against going, it should be an incentive. Where's your competitive spirit?

3: Come to events that are more southern, like Eugene. :D
(Or catch a ride from someone in Grant's Pass/Eugene who's going up to Portland tournaments. Carpool FTW)

Binx

Smash Master
Thanks EGGZ I am done.

And Justin if WA is willing to come to this tournament then maybe you should make it $10 but it's only if WA comes.

EGGZ I will talk to you on myspace about this party I am having for my B-Day and I know your a raver and like Techno such as I.

I am going to have 2 DJ's (Hard Style) spin for me for my B-Day also smash is going to be played so I was wondering if you would like to hang out during that time.
The first tournament will be $5 there will be more expensive ones later for incentive, but for now I want to focus on making a tournament base, I have said $5 multiple times I have told the shop $5 and this will not be changing for any reason short of PC M2K and CHU showing up and saying they will only play if its a $10 tournament. Even then I would feel bad about it.

1: Gasoline sucks. Electric is the way to go... or at least a hybrid until they bring out that car that runs on "good intentions" lol.

2: This should not be a factor against going, it should be an incentive. Where's your competitive spirit?

3: Come to events that are more southern, like Eugene. :D
(Or catch a ride from someone in Grant's Pass/Eugene who's going up to Portland tournaments. Carpool FTW)
1. bet your pansy hybrid car cant go 90 mph!

2. I agree. Lack of skill should be incentive to attend tournaments

3. Probably good advice.

cmin

Smash Ace
to tell you the truth chaos, this first tournament would more than likely just be a local. if i were you, i would wait for a bigger one to come, such as the ones that are 10-15 dollars.

SkiMaskSkeet

Smash Cadet
Finally!!!! Gamer's Guild decides to do a tournament that DOESNT include cards.

jeez...I knew that there was hope! I just had to wait for it Q_Q

Anyways yeah 5-10 dollars for the regular entry fee and 15-20 for the larger tourneys.

I'm sure nobody should have a problem with this =/ I'll see if I can bring in some other smashers.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Thanks EGGZ I am done.

That sounds mega fun. Which DJs? I'm pretty interested. =D

WA can't show to this (nothing to do with the entry fee)

Riot6777

Smash Ace
That sounds mega fun. Which DJs? I'm pretty interested. =D

WA can't show to this (nothing to do with the entry fee)
DJ. Conflict.
DJ. Dieod.
Maybe DJ. Zymmrgy

I am going to Where life begins in Eugene and I am going to talk to a few of my DJ friends to see what there up to.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Double post that's right eat it up.

I will be at this tournament I hope everyone is ready to fight me.

I have been training alot I hope I am sharp for the tournament.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
I havent smashed with your crew in awhile
have you guys not been getting together as much?
No dude we don't get together and play that much I don't even play that often at all.......

I only play when there are new people for me to play or when I want to get drunk or messed up to play smash.

But that's about it.

T0MMY

Smash Master
1. bet your pansy hybrid car cant go 90 mph!

2. I agree. Lack of skill should be incentive to attend tournaments

3. Probably good advice.
I'm sure most, if not all, hybrids go well over the 90 mph mark, especially when you consider that they also run on gasoline. I think the HMC manual says top speed is about 112 mph.
In addition to that, there are tax deductions for buying a hybrid. A new model offers $12,000 tax deduction. In addition to that, hybrids require less maintanence so you save money on that.
http://www.newdream.org/newsletter/hev.php

Besides, OC George's car ***** all gas cars with its ninja mode. Everyone knows that.

Rage.

Smash Ace
No dude we don't get together and play that much I don't even play that often at all.......

I only play when there are new people for me to play or when I want to get drunk or messed up to play smash.

But that's about it.
Man When I play High im terrible :(
Drunk is a diffrent story
Venusgosple wants to hang out with me and H8ST sometime soon
are you coming?

Binx

Smash Master

But that's about it.
You need to learn to play sober. Most places wont have any illegal substances or alchohol for you.

I'm sure most, if not all, hybrids go well over the 90 mph mark, especially when you consider that they also run on gasoline. I think the HMC manual says top speed is about 112 mph.
In addition to that, there are tax deductions for buying a hybrid. A new model offers $12,000 tax deduction. In addition to that, hybrids require less maintanence so you save money on that.
http://www.newdream.org/newsletter/hev.php

Besides, OC George's car ***** all gas cars with its ninja mode. Everyone knows that.
I just like to tease vegans and environmental activists, nothing personal.

are you coming?
Your like 12...

Riot6777

Smash Ace
are you coming?
Dude I am down to hang out and play some smash it's always fun at OLE'S place.

You need to learn to play sober. Most places wont have any illegal substances or alchohol for you.

Dude I can play sober just fine I just don't like to it's no fun lol and some of the best player in smash get messed up trust me I know some of them lol and they are better than Oregon so I am going to use there method

Binx

Smash Master
Dude it was a joke haha. Allright I am going to decide the rules this weekend, should be standard, not sure what stages are going to be legal yet but should be pretty much MLG.

EDIT: Going to update rules today

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
This should be pretty fun

Oh and binx I will enter this for 5 dollars and Ryan might come, but maybe not. Because he has to help move in his older brother into his college dorm. So yeah if he can't come I am going to need a partner...anyone?

Also, Riot getting intoxicated or "messed up" is probably not a useful method of becoming good. I am sure those pro players got good because they enjoy the game not messed up and played and practiced against other pros constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom