• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
if he was cut, my disappointment is immeasurable that an 8th fire emblem character got in instead
Byleth getting in has nothing to do with Porky's chances. There was a rumor a while back from Khan that a Monster Hunter character was in the works and that Sakurai even made a moveset for a Hunter. The MH Team, well known for not wanting to market the hunters as much as they market the monsters, turned them down. It is further speculated that the kit Sakurai made for the Hunter was tweaked and retooled into Byleth's moveset.

Again, that's all speculation, but point still stands. (this is also a good time to remind everyone that 3 Houses is the best selling game in the Fire Emblem franchise, so the inclusion makes sense from that standpoint too).

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 313760
i think sakurai does have a say on what characters are chosen
This makes me wonder what Sakurai thinks of the Mother series and how he regards it.

if he was cut, my disappointment is immeasurable that an 8th fire emblem character got in instead
I've been disappointed that Fire Emblem has had more fighters than DKC, Kirby, Star Fox, ect as well as twice the amount of fighters as those franchises. Fire Emblem even has more fighters than Zelda which is complete bs.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
View attachment 313760
i think sakurai does have a say on what characters are chosen
I mean, that's not a secret, even if Nintendo chose the DLC, it's Sakurai that decides in the end if the character is possible to include or not.
It just happens that Sakurai and Nintendo probably share some ideas together. I think Nintendo is more forceful when it comes to third-party characters such as Steve.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I've been disappointed that Fire Emblem has had more fighters than DKC, Kirby, Star Fox, ect as well as twice the amount of fighters as those franchises. Fire Emblem even has more fighters than Zelda which is complete bs.
Fire Emblem also has hundreds of distinct, playable characters, way more then DKC, Kirby, and Star Fox. I understand the gripe with Zelda (personally I've always wanted Giraham, Skull Kid, or someone else of the sort in the game), but the point remains.

STOP USING FIRE EMBLEM AS AN EXCUSE FOR WHY YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER IS NOT IN THE GAME. THAT HAS LITERALLY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REASONS THAT YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER DID NOT MAKE THE ROSTER.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Fire Emblem also has hundreds of distinct, playable characters, way more then DKC, Kirby, and Star Fox. I understand the gripe with Zelda (personally I've always wanted Giraham, Skull Kid, or someone else of the sort in the game), but the point remains.

STOP USING FIRE EMBLEM AS AN EXCUSE FOR WHY YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER IS NOT IN THE GAME. THAT HAS LITERALLY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REASONS THAT YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER DID NOT MAKE THE ROSTER.
Still though, Fire Emblem has too many characters in the roster. It shouldn't have more fighters than bigger franchises like Zelda and DKC especially Zelda.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Still though, Fire Emblem has too many characters in the roster. It shouldn't have more fighters than bigger franchises like Zelda and DKC especially Zelda.
Even franchises like Zelda should at least cut down on some bloat as well. Being a big series or a majorly pushed franchise shouldn't be the excuse for any series included in Smash.
Like come on? You're okay with Young Link owning up a spot without anything else changed on his moveset or design? or another slighty-tweaked Falcondorf for the 4th time instead of adding in the Demon King alter ego: Ganon?

stuff like that is why I tolerated Roy's return, since he was pretty terrible in Melee and REALLY needed a makeover, and rather lose up Lucina and Corrin next game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Even franchises like Zelda should at least cut down on some bloat as well. Being a big series or a majorly pushed franchise shouldn't be the excuse for any series included in Smash.
Like come on? You're okay with Young Link owning up a spot without anything else changed on his moveset or design? or another slighty-tweaked Falcondorf for the 4th time instead of adding in the Demon King alter ego: Ganon?

stuff like that is why I tolerated Roy's return, since he was pretty terrible in Melee and REALLY needed a makeover, and rather lose up Lucina and Corrin next game.
Which is why I encourage more Zelda reps as half of what we have is Link clones and a Ganondorf/Captain Falcon semi-clone. Characters like Skull Kid, Midna or the Champions would bring a unique flavor to the Zelda section any unique Zelda newcomer would be the first since Zelda and Sheik all the way back in Melee.

Last edited:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
oh wow, i didn't realize my account here would still be active. i don't remember the last time i logged in pfff

anyway Porky is my one and only remaining hope for a newcomer, nothing else i want has much of a chance and none of the popular names interest me. pretty disheartening that my best chance lies with an Earthbound pick, of all things

and since we're somehow talking Zelda - it's my #1 favorite series and i'd really love to see it get another fighter for the first time in 20 years, but they seem pretty determined to give it everything but a new character. i'd trade all the items, half the stages, half the music, the entire .png gallery, both short Links, and if you twisted my arm I'd throw in Sheik too, just to get Midna on the roster. i'm trying to convince myself to give up for future Smash games, but right now all my favorite options are out of the running anyway

i guess Impa's still a possibility but somehow the idea of that has always bored me

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I think the main sting of Fire Emblem comes from the fact that the eight characters we have in the roster all look striking similar to one another, half of that even just being different flavours of Marth. And the fact that the two most recent unique characters Nintendo and Sakurai chose to rep the series both felt like very out of touch, corporate decisions.
Unfortunately it seems they still sort of have the mentality of Trojan horsing Fire Emblem into the west despite it being successful enough to stand on its own.
It would be nice to see one of their lesser series get this treatment now that it clearly worked for Fire Emblem.

Regarding the others series mentioned above (Zelda and Kirby), I agree that both of these series have a wide library of characters to choose from but it seems Sakurai only chooses “main” characters from those series. And with how those games are structured, it’s usually only the core three or some variation of them.

anyway, so this post isn’t completely off topic, did you guys hear that we’re getting another fan made Mother direct thingy coming in the summer?

Attachments

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Porky is very popular on 4chan. Idk why they can't just talk about Porky in this thread. It's less toxic on 4 chan.

Does anyone get tired when people keep saying that the ASC is Porky? It just honestly makes me want to take an axe to my switch.

Last edited:

SirLordCapybara

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I get tired of explaining this to people that think that. Anytime someone says he's in the capsule, show them this image:

I just want to say, while there are several reasons why the ASC probably isn't supposed to represent Porky, I don't think the use of the empty sprite is one of them. Considering the Masked Man spirit was a fan-made sprite found off of Google, I doubt that much attention was paid to what pictures spirits used in the game. Not to mention that the before and after sprites look very similar anyway. I'm not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that it may not mean much.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing is, they legit made a mistake by using the wrong sprite for Masked Man. Also, if you compare the two sprites, they're... not that different. Like, the difference is really subtle. This isn't something where they're massively unique from each other.

It absolutely could be a mistake. We know they've screwed up on spirits before. That said, even if it's the representation of Porky, it's rather poor and not as cool of a joke as Ness' Dad. He should still get a better Spirit at this point. Playable or not, this is a poor one(and not many would know what the capsule is about very well, since it's just an object that you can barely tell is empty). Since there's no flavor text to read, it doesn't translate well.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I don't think they really checked the capsule that much, though at least it's the empty one.
The argument itself against Porky is the assumption Sakurai made a joke. That's pretty telling, since they cannot explain his absence, they decided to try coming up with an excuse which would be exclusive to Porky. Ignoring that his statue is also lacking a spirit and was considered as a semi-boss in Brawl by Sakurai, so doesn't make sense he wasn't given a spirit either. But to remain on the ASC subject, it's not the only spirit that wouldn't represent a living being. You have karts from Mario Kart, vehicles from Kirby and Star Fox, and they even appear in the choices for Smash tags, mentioning it because detractors used that as an argument. So it's not exclusive to the ASC that they used a non-character. I believe they simply added it because it's a four stars spirit, simply.
And let's assume that Porky is in the capsule; why not name it Porky (ASC) and use other forms of Porky as spirits? You have multiple K. Rool, multiple Waluigi, multiple Link, multiple Kirby, multiple Wii Fit Trainer (technically), why not Porky?

I'm not buying it that Sakurai forgot both Porky and the Porky statue. Something was at least intended with the character.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Echoing a poster above me, I don’t think it’s meant to be Porky either, it’s like saying the Hylian shield is supposed to be Link or Mario’s kart is Mario. It’s just simply not true.
I think the ASC being “legendary” status is mostly because they needed something to be the highest defence spirit in the game and nothing else really comes to mind whereas attack and speed have lots of options for their best one, I definitely doubt it’s because “Porky’s in there” or whatever

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Yep. They use that all the time after I explain to them about the capsule Spirit being the opened version.
It's normal for them to assume that if they have no personal connection to the MOTHER series and don't want Porky in Smash. Talk about him in DLC Speculation channel, and people will always say that the ASC is Porky smh.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
It's normal for them to assume that if they have no personal connection to the MOTHER series and don't want Porky in Smash. Talk about him in DLC Speculation channel, and people will always say that the ASC is Porky smh.
Because that's the only argument to explain Porky's absence. I think 90% of the community agrees it's weird he isn't there when all the other bosses and assist trophies have spirits. However start pointing out why Porky is definitely not in it or also mention the statue and all of a sudden the Sakurai team didn't care... While they cared enough to make the only joke of the game by making an obscure reference towards Porky's ending. Wow.
If you actually intended on making the joke, go the extra mile and choose the correct sprite.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing is... the phone doesn't really have a better name for it. That's pretty much your dad. So it means little in that regard. It doesn't really hurt or help the interpretation for Porky here. Unlike the telephone, the ASC is an actual properly named object to go with, so they have a proper name.

Nothing really changed. It's still a poor representation of Porky regardless, since it still relates to him as a joke they're making(if he's not in there), or simply a notable item for him instead. Besides, as noted, it doesn't affect his chances at DLC. Spirits from the base game clearly aren't out of the running, so whether he's meant to be represented with the ASC or not is... pretty irrelevant.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
The thing is... the phone doesn't really have a better name for it. That's pretty much your dad.
That's a telephone. They literally call it a telephone even in the game. You can use it to call other characters than your father.
However it's meant to represent Ness's father so they named it so. Which is not the case of the capsule which kept its default name.

So it means little in that regard.
It means exactly the same thing. The spirit doesn't show Ness's dad. Just the phone used to call him. However, they intended for it to clearly represent the father, that's why they named it so. If they intended for it to represent Porky, they would have called the ASC Porky, not ASC. It also doesn't explain where the statue disappeared, it's not just Porky who is M.I.A.. Both him and the statue appeared as trophies in WiiU/3DS and as bosses in Brawl (Sakurai's word concerning the statue, not mine). And strangely both are absent.

Spirits from the base game clearly aren't out of the running, so whether he's meant to be represented with the ASC or not is... pretty irrelevant.
Spirits being absent isn't the same as spirits already being present. The situation concerning Porky is still eyebrow-raising when he had notable presences in previous games and all of a sudden he is nowhere to be seen.

Also concerning the "spirits mean nothing now", the two examples just had bad timing according to Sakurai:
While it could happen, it's also a possibility Sakurai finally got the occasion to add them and didn't mind the spirit in these cases specifically, while he purposefully avoided adding a Piranha Plant spirit because he knew she would be added later down the line. Porky could also be in the same boat as he was meant to be DLC from the start, but eventually delayed to be in the second pass.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That's a telephone. They literally call it a telephone even in the game. You can use it to call other characters than your father.
However it's meant to represent Ness's father so they named it so. Which is not the case of the capsule which kept its default name.

It means exactly the same thing. The spirit doesn't show Ness's dad. Just the phone used to call him. However, they intended for it to clearly represent the father, that's why they named it so. If they intended for it to represent Porky, they would have called the ASC Porky, not ASC. It also doesn't explain where the statue disappeared, it's not just Porky who is M.I.A.. Both him and the statue appeared as trophies in WiiU/3DS and as bosses in Brawl (Sakurai's word concerning the statue, not mine). And strangely both are absent.

Spirits being absent isn't the same as spirits already being present. The situation concerning Porky is still eyebrow-raising when he had notable presences in previous games and all of a sudden he is nowhere to be seen.

Also concerning the "spirits mean nothing now", the two examples just had bad timing according to Sakurai:
While it could happen, it's also a possibility Sakurai finally got the occasion to add them and didn't mind the spirit in these cases specifically, while he purposefully avoided adding a Piranha Plant spirit because he knew she would be added later down the line. Porky could also be in the same boat as he was meant to be DLC from the start, but eventually delayed to be in the second pass.
To be fair, Piranha Plant was planned alongside sometime in the basegame. FP2 was planned after the basegame spirits were all done, which is why those spirits and stuff don’t seem to matter especially with Sakurai also considering Rex despite the mii costume and spirit.

Also, Sakurai saying Xenoblade and ARMS had bad timing was in reference to them being too new for the basegame planning. That was before they were added as DLC and very likely before FP2’s character plans since it was January 2019.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
To be fair, Piranha Plant was planned alongside sometime in the basegame. FP2 was planned after the basegame spirits were all done
We already know for a fact that the whole FP2 roster wasn't planned after the game's release.
We heard words from an ex-Mojang employee that Steve has been in talks since 2015, and Sakurai, the man himself, also already intended on adding one or two more characters. We don't know who he meant, but he clearly already had plans for some characters.
And I'm willing to bet that Sakurai thought about adding Rex in the base game but couldn't make it work as he said in the recent presentation. Thus, knowing that he would never manage to make Rex work in a duo with Pyra and Mythra, went on to add the Mii costume as way to excuse himself for being unable to add Rex. No, I don't have proof, but I sincerely think the team already had a route on who to add as DLC from the start. After all, they planned the roster for Ultimate three years prior its release, why not the same for the whole DLC roster?

Also, Sakurai saying Xenoblade and ARMS had bad timing was in reference to them being too new for the basegame planning. That was before they were added as DLC and very likely before FP2’s character plans since it was January 2019.
I'm not arguing against the bad timing, mind you, however I believe even before the game released, Sakurai already made the list for the second pass. Characters are, after all, the first thing they decide, even more in the case of DLC where they only have characters to work on as well as a smaller team. That's at least how I pushed the idea Sephiroth would definitely be DLC due to Sakurai's words and the lack of FFVIIspirits, and why I thought Rex had a chance despite the costume (however I didn't think Sakurai would put Pyra instead of him, man).

I could be proven wrong with an unexpected spirit promotion, but I'm confident that we won't see that happen again. If that happens I'll photoshop a cube of shame on my avatar's head.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
We already know for a fact that the whole FP2 roster wasn't planned after the game's release.
We heard words from an ex-Mojang employee that Steve has been in talks since 2015, and Sakurai, the man himself, also already intended on adding one or two more characters. We don't know who he meant, but he clearly already had plans for some characters.
And I'm willing to bet that Sakurai thought about adding Rex in the base game but couldn't make it work as he said in the recent presentation. Thus, knowing that he would never manage to make Rex work in a duo with Pyra and Mythra, went on to add the Mii costume as way to excuse himself for being unable to add Rex. No, I don't have proof, but I sincerely think the team already had a route on who to add as DLC from the start. After all, they planned the roster for Ultimate three years prior its release, why not the same for the whole DLC roster?

I'm not arguing against the bad timing, mind you, however I believe even before the game released, Sakurai already made the list for the second pass. Characters are, after all, the first thing they decide, even more in the case of DLC where they only have characters to work on as well as a smaller team. That's at least how I pushed the idea Sephiroth would definitely be DLC due to Sakurai's words and the lack of FFVIIspirits, and why I thought Rex had a chance despite the costume (however I didn't think Sakurai would put Pyra instead of him, man).

I could be proven wrong with an unexpected spirit promotion, but I'm confident that we won't see that happen again. If that happens I'll photoshop a cube of shame on my avatar's head.
The thing with Steve is there being talks doesn’t mean he was guaranteed, they were just talks, otherwise he probably would’ve been in the basegame or FP1. Thankfully they came to an agreement and got him in for FP2, or whatever bonuses they may have had before deciding to do a full second pass. Talks can lead to nothing if no agreement is made, and thankfully that wasn’t the case here (“thankfully” as my personal opinion of course).

My reason for believing FP2 was planned after basegame is because Imran Khan (the insider dude), at around 17:02 in this video: https://youtu.be/58WAbKCJ06A, said it was decided around E3 that year (2019), and that they were considering how FP1 sells. Of course, at least a couple of characters may have been planned already according to Sakurai’s word if he wasn’t just teasing a little (iirc he said that just before the 6 fighter reveal but idk), maybe them being Steve and Sephiroth, but still, even if FP2 was planned just a couple months after basegame, that would imply basegame spirits don’t matter since they’d now have new plans/opportunities.

According to some in-the-know people on this site, FP1 also seemed to have its plans done in 2018, putting FP2 at a similar timeline if it started in 2019. This included Banjo & Kazooie being negotiated in April 2018 (and I think something said by Rare or whoever fit this timeline closely, maybe a little off). Sakurai’s words seem to imply the FP1 thing too since apparently the devs didn’t know about it before January 2018 iirc (he said it in one of his columns in early 2019 iirc if not December 2018).

iirc Sakurai’s words about Rex seemed to imply they had him in mind with Pyra & Mythra with him for DLC but then they found it to be harder than the Ice Climbers, so they just went with Pyra & Mythra and still had Rex in a taunt, the final smash, and a victory screen at least. So it seemed Rex was considered even with the spirit and costume already existing, and Pyra & Mythra also had spirits already.

And they still went with Min Min for ARMS when she already had a spirit, when they could’ve went with Max Brass or someone who wasn’t already represented if they were really sticklers for spirits. Yes, ARMS’s director wanted Min Min, but iirc Sakurai was already considering her and maybe Ninjara anyway.

Anyway tbh I don’t really see why the spirits stuff matters anyway, they already seem to not care if a character is a spirit (otherwise they’d be hypocrites) and the main reasoning people didn’t believe they had a chance previously was because the timing of plans, which is the same reason why most people now only think basegame spirits are possible and not event spirits. It doesn’t make much sense for Sakurai, his team, and Nintendo to deny all spirits just because they’re a spirit and not for actual understandable and good factors especially when they’ve already promoted three of them now. If anything, this should still be good news for Porky just incase the ASC actually is supposed to be referencing him somewhat for some reason.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Because it's a massively generic name that doesn't relate to anything. They call it Ness' Dad for the reason you said, but moreso cause it's the main usage of it and important to the actual game. The other random calls are rarely important, but Ness' Dad actually does something beyond a minor moment.

The statue wouldn't mean anything either way. Not every piece of Nintendo history will show up as a Spirit. No, I don't really agree with that. ASC is an actual very individual item with only one use. It's not generic like the Telephone(which wouldn't have gotten a Spirit if it wasn't a specific person). They're completely different kind of items in how they're used.

Honestly? I don't think it's that notable. Sakurai didn't even do the spirits, his team did. They aren't going to bring everything back or read Sakurai's mind. They went a different route.

It's still irrelevant, because it wouldn't actually affect his chances. (PP is an It, by the way) PP being someone as DLC first wouldn't really matter in this context because they were added to the game's coding to work testing on before the final game was done. The spirit would've been removed by Sakurai for obvious reasons.

How spirits are affected is obviously different during later DLC. Porky being in the ASC wouldn't really matter in the grand scheme of things since it wouldn't remotely affect whether he could get in or not as playable. This might be the case if a last minute spirit event came up. But that doesn't seem to be the case. It has nothing to do with a spirit being present(and the ASC may actually be Porky at intended. They don't explain every joke, and they can't due to a lack of flavor text. Never mind I don't agree the telephone means anything since it's too generic an object to have a name other than something a lot more clear). That's already ignoring clearly Sakurai doesn't even make sure to get every image checked out. The wrong Masked Man image is proof of that. Even if he double checks for issues, he isn't perfect. It's pretty easy to miss it, as a lot of official rips and renders are thrown on other websites. A simple error. You need to actually fully play Mother 3 to know whether the ASC is empty or not, and at a glance, as noted before, they definitely look near identical. It doesn't matter what the Spirit's name is in this case, cause it could easily be "he's inside" due to them not realizing the difference in design. It's as different as the two Masked Man images too(that is, barely at all).

ASC doesn't affect Porky's chances. It doesn't mean it isn't there to help represent him too.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Because it's a massively generic name that doesn't relate to anything. They call it Ness' Dad for the reason you said, but moreso cause it's the main usage of it and important to the actual game. The other random calls are rarely important, but Ness' Dad actually does something beyond a minor moment.

The statue wouldn't mean anything either way. Not every piece of Nintendo history will show up as a Spirit. No, I don't really agree with that. ASC is an actual very individual item with only one use. It's not generic like the Telephone(which wouldn't have gotten a Spirit if it wasn't a specific person). They're completely different kind of items in how they're used.

Honestly? I don't think it's that notable. Sakurai didn't even do the spirits, his team did. They aren't going to bring everything back or read Sakurai's mind. They went a different route.

It's still irrelevant, because it wouldn't actually affect his chances. (PP is an It, by the way) PP being someone as DLC first wouldn't really matter in this context because they were added to the game's coding to work testing on before the final game was done. The spirit would've been removed by Sakurai for obvious reasons.

How spirits are affected is obviously different during later DLC. Porky being in the ASC wouldn't really matter in the grand scheme of things since it wouldn't remotely affect whether he could get in or not as playable. This might be the case if a last minute spirit event came up. But that doesn't seem to be the case. It has nothing to do with a spirit being present(and the ASC may actually be Porky at intended. They don't explain every joke, and they can't due to a lack of flavor text. Never mind I don't agree the telephone means anything since it's too generic an object to have a name other than something a lot more clear). That's already ignoring clearly Sakurai doesn't even make sure to get every image checked out. The wrong Masked Man image is proof of that. Even if he double checks for issues, he isn't perfect. It's pretty easy to miss it, as a lot of official rips and renders are thrown on other websites. A simple error. You need to actually fully play Mother 3 to know whether the ASC is empty or not, and at a glance, as noted before, they definitely look near identical. It doesn't matter what the Spirit's name is in this case, cause it could easily be "he's inside" due to them not realizing the difference in design. It's as different as the two Masked Man images too(that is, barely at all).

ASC doesn't affect Porky's chances. It doesn't mean it isn't there to help represent him too.
I know that they cannot put every single character as spirit in Ultimate, that much is obvious, we saw that a lot of common Mario ennemies are also missing.
But in the case of Porky and Porky's statue it is bizarre because they are the only ancient bosses that were erased while all the others were at least put back as spirits, hell even all the assist trophies were brought back. Porky also has a sticker in Brawl that would have worked for Ultimate (it's also the only official artwork of Porky that exists).

Especially when Porky, his statue and the Chimera were the only ones to receive trophies except the items, characters and items to receive a trophy despite making zero appearance. Even before any of Ness's party members or any other notable character.

And they already went ahead to correct the Masked Man spirit despite it being a three pixels difference. Why not actually correct the capsule while at it when it's just the previous one?

Nah. The ASC definitely wasn't added to represent Porky, it's here to represent the item itself. Even if it's not Sakurai himself who chose each specific artwork for the spirits, he had to make a list just for the spirit battles and the summonable ones.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
View attachment 314512
this isn't going to be so pog
Well, he is not wrong. Depending on how it goes at E3, if they reveal the final two characters and Porky isn't one of them... That's it. It's over and it's far from being impossible even if I'm confident in Porky, no one is guaranteed at this point.
Is 4chan still posting massively about Porky, though? I last went to check a few days ago and there were still a fair share of people supporting Porky. Though it might be a bunch of trolls.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Well, he is not wrong. Depending on how it goes at E3, if they reveal the final two characters and Porky isn't one of them... That's it. It's over and it's far from being impossible even if I'm confident in Porky, no one is guaranteed at this point.
Is 4chan still posting massively about Porky, though? I last went to check a few days ago and there were still a fair share of people supporting Porky. Though it might be a bunch of trolls.
Yea he's still pretty popular on 4chan. There's also that one guy that really hates him

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I personally don’t think we’ll get two reveals this E3, I know we have done for the last two events (as last year didn’t happen) but with only two characters left I feel like Sakurai won’t want to dump out everything straight away.
But having said that, I feel like Porky is more likely to be the final reveal, then this can happen:

Attachments

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I personally don’t think we’ll get two reveals this E3, I know we have done for the last two events (as last year didn’t happen) but with only two characters left I feel like Sakurai won’t want to dump out everything straight away.
But having said that, I feel like Porky is more likely to be the final reveal, then this can happen:
Not going to lie, that's half of the reason I want Porky to be the final character instead of the next one, so we can get a new meme.

Top Bottom