• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygon makes SSBU tier list

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The writer of the article was obviously trolling, but it still bothered me quite a lot, especially the entry for Ike.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
You guys are too easy. The writer was clearly messing around taking potshots at everyone in good fun.

Also it's adorable how the OP linked the reaction ZeRo has to the article but not the article itself for easy linking. Guess I gotta do aaaaaaaall the work:

https://www.polygon.com/features/2018/12/3/18120401/super-smash-bros-ultimate-character-rankings

The writer is Jeremy Parish, someone who really likes Nintendo games, as established by their Game Boy World and NES / Super NES Works YouTube series. Check 'em out if you have time, they're great history lessons.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
You guys are too easy. The writer was clearly messing around taking potshots at everyone in good fun.

Also it's adorable how the OP linked the reaction ZeRo has to the article but not the article itself for easy linking. Guess I gotta do aaaaaaaall the work:

https://www.polygon.com/features/2018/12/3/18120401/super-smash-bros-ultimate-character-rankings

The writer is Jeremy Parish, someone who really likes Nintendo games, as established by their Game Boy World and NES / Super NES Works YouTube series. Check 'em out if you have time, they're great history lessons.
I've heard, but honestly the article itself wasn't much of a laugh, the dude may be insightful, but in my opinion if this is the first thing you see of his', like it was for me, then its a bad first impression.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I've heard, but honestly the article itself wasn't much of a laugh, the dude may be insightful, but in my opinion if this is the first thing you see of his', like it was for me, then its a bad first impression.
*shrug* well *I* thought it was funny.

Zoneyboi

Smash Rookie
People generally don't like to give Polygon clicks. In any case it's clearly not very serious but some of the entries do just feel mean. Not a lot of thought seems to have gone into the article, in any case.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
People don't call them Lolygon for nothing.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Buzzfeed did something like this for Smash 4 and it was arguably worse.

But why take Polygon seriously? They made an awful hit piece on WeeGee. No reason to believe that they're not trying to stir flame.

Yaotl

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5301-1958-5064
Switch FC
SW-8527-6365-7984
Buzzfeed did something like this for Smash 4 and it was arguably worse.

But why take Polygon seriously? They made an awful hit piece on WeeGee. No reason to believe that they're not trying to stir flame.
I still remember Ness being called a walking pyrotechnic.

The writer of the article was obviously trolling, but it still bothered me quite a lot, especially the entry for Ike.
The fact that it was a troll still doesn't let me respect polygon's take on eSports.

People generally don't like to give Polygon clicks. In any case it's clearly not very serious but some of the entries do just feel mean. Not a lot of thought seems to have gone into the article, in any case.
sorry, I just didn't want to visit polygon's cancerous site

As if making a tier list for a game that's not even out yet wasn't already asinine to begin with.
honestly i don't mind the fact that they do that, I just hate Esam's tier list

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yaotl Yaotl - Please do not multipost. If you have more to add, please make use of the edit function located at the bottom left of your posts. Thanks.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Chrom's entry and Bowser Jr.'s entry really made me lose all respect for the author, regardless of his intentions, humor or no. You can't just diss a character that hard with the broadest generalizations. Looks like we found a "too many FE characters" believer, bois!

Last edited:
Top Bottom