• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: What will be the new name of "Support Ghost"?

What will be the name of the ghost on Yoshi's Island?

• Roger (the potted ghost)

Votes: 23 16.4%
  • Porter/Porty/Port

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Charley

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Akuma Randall

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Randall Jr.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Helpfullghostmouthainthing

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • (Whimsical) Support Ghost

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • Douglas

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • Mustafa

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Vladimir

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Raymond

• Dirrus

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Sturnip

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Mr. Ghost

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Supper/Suppy/Sup

• Total voters

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
About one week ago I created a thread concerning the "Support Ghost" on Yoshi's Island. To view the gist of the situation please click here.

In this thread you may vote for the names that have been voted for in that thread. Although there is a poll, suggestions for a name may still be submitted in that thread, and may be submitted at the bottom of this thread, seeing that polls cannot be edited.

The poll is anonymous (your name won't be posted in the option that you vote for) and is set for an infinite amount of time--after all, this issue is pretty important and may need time to ponder over and gain more votes and opinions.

Finally, all names with parenthesis are simply additional add-ons to the name; they need not be spoken or typed always with the part that is not in parenthesis. In addition, all names with slashes followed by another similar name are simply "nicknames" if you will. You would be voting for the first name and the other(s) would be optional names you would refer to it as. Think of it like Stephen being Steve, Robert being Bob, etc.

EDIT: I've made a mistake in adding names from the thread in that polls cannot be edited and that I left out some options. Although not in the official poll tally, these names are still in the running. I will keep track of their numbers personally. Simply state that you voted for one of the names below after you've finished your vote. The number in brackets is the number of votes the name has received. Additional names:

Vivaldi [0]
Casper (the friendly ghost) [0]
Ronald [1]
Whimsy [0]

RazeveX

Smash Ace
how about "that platform thing that comes up every now and then on yoshi's island"?

thats what i'm calling it. If i called it anything else, no one would know what the **** i was talking about

example:

Me: yeah i was playing on yoshi's island and i nearly died, but i was saved by (looks at list) Mustafa.
Other person: ????

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
Havnt bothered to read any of the post except the 1st so if someone already said it my bad but Imo it should be named g a y clown i mean come on what are you going to yell when it saves your opponent DAM YOU MR STURNIP or GAY CLOWN ??

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
@ R i p: Sakurai calls it the Support Ghost, but it really does need an official nickname that states otherwise.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
Why the **** are people calling him Roger the potted ghost? His name is Support Ghost. They're two entirely different characters.

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
Had to vote Porter, as that's what I called him yesterday when he popped up and saved me. Though I would like to suggest Gimp as a name, seeing as how he gimps both attempted kills and recoveries.

Chozo01

Smash Rookie
Roger

Nothing beats yelling "Roger!" after you've been launched, hoping he will come to your rescue, in lieu of the turtle in Termina Bay.

R i p

Smash Cadet
@ R i p: Sakurai calls it the Support Ghost, but it really does need an official nickname that states otherwise.
I think nicknames are stupid(especially ones that don't make sense), but I won't rain on any parades. I'll just call him Support Ghost myself then.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Rodger the Potted Ghost wasn't the Support Ghost! Who the hell said that? I need to eat them.

Yoshi's Island was my first videogame (like, ever), and thusly I have a deep connection with every character in it. I named him Stew, myself. Seeing as how Supper/Suppy/Sup is the closest thing (and awsome), I'm voting for that.

Top Bottom