• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll of the Week #5 - How Many Characters Will Be In SSB3?

How Many Characters Will Be In SSB3?

• 25-28

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • 29-32

Votes: 42 7.3%
  • 33-36

Votes: 110 19.1%
  • 37-40

Votes: 144 25.0%
  • 43-46

Votes: 56 9.7%
  • 47-50

Votes: 43 7.5%
  • 50+

Votes: 66 11.5%
  • I have no clue, I'll be happy with whatever

Votes: 92 16.0%

• Total voters

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Okay, pop quiz ya'll: how many characters do you think will make it into SSB3? For reference, there were 12 characters in SSB and 25 in SSBM. I'm guessing somewhere between 33-36....so I'll say around 35. Adding 10 characters sounds about right...granted, its less than from SSB to SSBM, but you got to think of the total amount. How about you, chi?

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
35 any more would just be too much to handle. Speaking of SSB3 I am really not looking forward to the controllers it has really killed my insentive to buy the Rev. I don't want another clicker for my T.V. I want a controller for my Rev.

KillerPlacebos

Smash Cadet
I figure that there will be somewhere between 35-40 characters, Nintendo would want to add atleast as many as SSBM.

Speaking of SSB3 I am really not looking forward to the controllers it has really killed my insentive to buy the Rev. I don't want another clicker for my T.V. I want a controller for my Rev.
Surely you've seen the mockup for the rev. shell? Of course nothing is certain yet, but it seems absurd that they would have us play SSB3 on a t.v. remote.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I voted in the 33-36 bracket, but I underestimated because of the amount of time they supposedly have to work on it for it to be a launch title. And F8X, easy with the jabs at other games on the topic of SSB3, that will start a spam argument faster than you might think. Hey, in your sig, is that really just Tails in a Fox costume? I know Tails has two tails, but that's what photoshop's for.

Zander805

Smash Ace
I voted 37-40 characters because I think they'll add more than 10 but no more than 15. I dunno what my reasoning is for this, but I would think that they wouldn't want to add too many characters. 13 characters were added from SSB to SSBM, so I'm guessing they will do something similar from SSBM to SSB3.

dr.luigi

Smash Apprentice
I have a theory characters will be available to download. And if so really, the possibilities are endless.

M3ca

Smash Apprentice
i think 35 is good enough. i really dont want to use a scroll bar to see all the characters. i like to see the whole big picture XD besides, i dont even play all the characters in ssbm, i doubt i will in ssb3 .

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
dr.luigi said:
I have a theory characters will be available to download. And if so really, the possibilities are endless.
If people were able to make their own characters, it would be the most brokenated thing ever. However, if Nintendo made them, they would run out of ideas pretty fast.

Dry-Bones

Smash Apprentice
I say 47-50, but you can never tell what Nintendo's planning. I too, find myself getting bored with the same few characters, and need more variety. And by the way, these are great questions of the week, keep them up.

pezaddict

Smash Lord
I hope there is at least 50 characters, and more to download.

F8X said:
I think there will be about 38 but I HOPE they are all good characters, i mean who wants to play as someone from animal crossing
I would.

SPARTAN

Smash Cadet
The more characters there are the better it will be. I hope 50. But there aren't many cool characters for nintendo that aren't already in ssbm. Sonic and Megaman would be cool additions though.

YoruWoNukeru

Smash Cadet
Since the character numbers from Super Smash Bros. to Melee was doubled, the same should go for Revolution. I just think It should be atleast more than 40.

falcophantism

Smash Apprentice
35-40 would be a good amount of characters, they could add more that are unplayable (eg: giga bowser, but they will prob make him playable in smash3), sort of like bosses from differnt games eg: Gannon (OOT), Andros (lol, clones of master and crazy hand), Kraid/mother brain (not riddly, everyone wants him/it as a playable character) and maybe some fire emblem bosses (i have yet to enjoy any FE games so I dont know any characters).

LaughingMan

Smash Apprentice
I like Melee so much the way it is now that I wouldn't want to risk having to sacrifice anything (except maybe pichu...) just for a butt-load of extra characters. I think 5-10 quality characters would be plenty to add to variety, as long as they added new elements to gameplay and new stages 'n stuff.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
When you think on it,theres very little chance they'll be adding more than 7 characters at a push.I dont mean to turn this into a "whos going to be in the next game" thread,but there isn't many good characters that they could add in.I can think of maybe 5 legitimate,proper characters that they could add,but as much as I and many other melee fans want lots more characters,the chance of that is very slight,and it could make a large amount of imbalance in the game.what we also have to consider is that if they add in much more it'll ruin the purpose of the game-to bring together nintendos greatest characters throughout the years.

Sh3iK

Smash Rookie
Cpt.Zeppo said:
When you think on it,theres very little chance they'll be adding more than 7 characters at a push.I dont mean to turn this into a "whos going to be in the next game" thread,but there isn't many good characters that they could add in.I can think of maybe 5 legitimate,proper characters that they could add,but as much as I and many other melee fans want lots more characters,the chance of that is very slight,and it could make a large amount of imbalance in the game.what we also have to consider is that if they add in much more it'll ruin the purpose of the game-to bring together nintendos greatest characters throughout the years.
amen to that. think about it, who else could they add? megaman? toad? possibly birdo and shyguy? boo? turok even as clone of link? that's about it for nintendo characters. i don't think they'd put sonic knuckles shadow or tails in, becuase they'd have to pay sega and sonic inc. a pretty penny for it. and to answer your question about the rev controller, yes they probably did mass produce the tv remote thing, they'll just do what atari did and make you buy different controllers to go with different games. it's a marketing ploy. nintendo's pulling out all the stops to compete with ps3 and 360. think about it. 50 bucks a controller, 1 million revs sold, 50 million right there. not too shabby.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Good one.

If he isn't joking: NINTENDO ALREADY ANNOUNCED IT AS A RELEASE TITLE AND HAVE CREATED OFFICES FOR THE PROGRAMMERS MAKING THE GAME!

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I very much expect to see a Samus clone from one of the new Bounty Hunters in Metroid: Hunters for the DS, but other than that, I couldn't guess. Probably something pik-min related, maybe a couple more pokemon, and the like. Wario could always make an appearance.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I jsut have one Question Chi. What If I want 42 and exactly 42 characters. Thats not encompassed in any of the categories.

Sorry to be anal retentive but there is a major asbence of presence of the numbers 41, and 42 in the poll. And that's actually how many I think there will be, 42.

Top Bottom