• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll of the Week #4 - How Much Would You Pay For SSB3 Downloads?

How Much Should SSB3 Addons Cost?

• <$5

Votes: 38 11.1%
  • $5-$10

Votes: 61 17.8%
  • $10-$20

Votes: 48 14.0%
  • $20-$30

Votes: 31 9.0%
  • $30-$40

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • $40-$50

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • $50>

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • I don't care, I'd pay anything!

Votes: 54 15.7%
  • Nothing, it should be free or I ain't buying!

Votes: 78 22.7%

• Total voters

JFox

Smash Hero
This is kinda a silly topic, considering no one has any idea whether or not they even plan on having upgrades. (Unless there is something I am unaware of)

I don't see why people pay for these upgrades anyway if they just come out for free soon after. I don't think its a big deal to wait. If it were a huge upgrade once every year, maybe I would pay. If it were frequent upgrades, F that shiz.

M3ca

Smash Apprentice
as cheap as i am, 6 months is a long wait. i really hope everything is free but i know life is not like that.

so i don't mind paying $5-10. it is a small price to pay. only 1-2 meals. ill play smash and forget to eat. or maybe just eat turnips and lasers. XD

Mastr_Advocate

Smash Apprentice
I could see buying new stages and characters a worthwhile thing to do for the serious smasher. The serious smasher will not wait 6 months to get upgrades for free because he does not want another person to have the advantage in learning the new stages and characters during that six month span before he does. He would want any advantage he could get to get himself up to tournament level.

Me, personally, I'd pay for upgrades. How much depends on what the upgrade(s) is. I wouldn't pay a lot for them though; I am a serious smasher but to a point where I have never nor will ever travel outside my city to attend tourneys.

Cuzizkool

BRoomer
BRoomer
$10 at most. I would go higher, but since we're assuming their coming out free in a few months anyways, I would say 10 at the highest.

Legomaxx

Smash Journeyman
EdreesesPieces said:
If SSBM can be as fun as it is without paying for add ons, I refuse to pay any more than I paid for melee. The answer is 0. I'll pirate them if I have to.
I am with you on that one.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I voted 10-20, but that was based on a total, assuming that it's not all released at once. Hopefully it will come out in small five-dollar bundles that will make people feel left out online if they don't buy them. However, I think it should work so that characters not yet purchased can be seen and played against, but stages not yet acquired cannot. It would relly jsut be more incentive to buy the new bundle if you play against an awesome new character.

Oops, sorry to ramble. Anyway. I hope nintendo hosts some online tourneys where they give away the bundle to the winner, before it's actual release. That would be a good move.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I don't believe that Nintendo would charge for new items or characters. I could understand if they made an entirely different set of characters, items, and stages, though.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
What if this whole thing backfires and we end up having to pay for the newly completed versions of Marth, Ganondorf, and Falco, instead of having them from the outset? It's so incredibly evil that it just might work.

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
I'm saying 20-30 only because by playing SSBM I realize how much extra stuff would be worth so I'd pay alot. Especially if it's a new character, 6 months of playing is a huge advantage.

Koichi: Sorry I didn't get involved in the discussion on this one, I've been pretty busy this past week. Great idea for a poll btw!

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
I just hope nintendo don't follow this steps of selling things as add-ons, I think with just paying for the game is enough to have a full game. And if there are add-ons there should be free.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I wouldn't mind dishing out 15-30 dollars for an extra character or stage.

Kenuru

Smash Rookie
I'd wait the 6 months for them to be free. I'm way too stingy with my hard-earned money (espcially when it's coming in at less than minimum wage >.>). I neglect going to movie theaters and would rather wait for the DVD, since it'll have more extras anyway, but even then I wouldn't buy the DVD 'cause it's too expensive for my tastes also. xD
Yeah...

Heartless_Angel

Smash Cadet
They Should Cost Nothing The Companies Make Enough Money Anyways They Need To Stop Trying To Leech More Out Of People

Hyrule2

Smash Apprentice
I don't want downloads. I want everything to be in game. So i wouldn't pay anything.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
20-30 not anymore..if more then ill either make a friend do it or ill wait

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd pay anything below $100 [when I get a job] since I won't be forced to move out or anything. I don't think they should cost more than $10 but oh well...

metroid1117

Smash Master
Nintendo's Wii already already receives free updates that are downloadable; I don't see why SSB:B should be any different.

gh0st

Smash Rookie
I think if i had to... I would pay as much as needed, but I think it really should be free, but you should need to unlock it the same way as with normal characters and stages, by doin target tests and things like that.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
i hate all the people who say "It should be in the release version" or "It should be free". if your too cheap to buy them why should everyone else suffer by them not releasing anything. And if your poor... Well maybe you shouldn't be buying video games in the first place.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's a business so I expect to get what I pay for, and if paying $10-$100 for an update is what it takes I'd pay it. Besides, even in the unlikely event of prices going $50+ it would probably be a major add-on. It's not like they're gonna make you pay $30 for some new items and a few alternate custumes.

And if you can't afford just don't buy it.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I would only pay $20 max for an add-on but otherwise I wouldn't pay nothing if what I was getting wasn't worth it

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
If I say I would pay anything, I wouldn't be lying, but, that doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate free downloads...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I forgot to mention, the price and the usefulness or quality of the add-ons would have to effect each other, I wouldn't pay $20 for a Dr. Mario costume, but I'd pay $50 for 20 new/old characters [that were left out], past stages, new stages, new items, new modes, etc. because it'd be worth it [I hope].

Top Bottom