• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
This one is trivial: Meta Knight.

I feel that everyone that has said otherwise has missed an extremely important point in the OP:
Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup.
A little emphasis added.

You WILL run into a MK in bracket. You MAY run into a given member of the rest of the cast. There's a good chance the other bad-MUs-you-don't-wanna-do will be eaten by MKs before they get to you. Meta Knight's ubiquitousness, regardless of region, makes it imperative to know this one. I dunno, the sheer (over-)exposure to MKs suggests to me that knowing this one is MANDATORY while all the others just seem optional, but very highly advised, instead.

I'm pretty sure I made the same statement three different ways, but I simply just can not see how it possibly could be anyone else given the current metagame.

Roller

Smash Legend
Well Elmo. Let's count the number of MK players in MI. I believe there are 3. How many ICs players are there? ~8. How many diddys? More than there are MKs. How many pikachus? More than there are MKs. How many snakes? More than there are MKs. How many Falcos? More than there are MKs. There is another MI player who lives in AA with me that ALWAYS practices vs mk, and yet has NEVER faced one in bracket. If I am going by the number of people who do well with a given character in my state, the order probably goes ICs, Snake, Pikachu.

tl;dr: Some regions have a lot of mk, some don't.

Roller

Smash Legend
I was merely responding to Elmo's post. Did I list ICs/Snake/ or pika as the MU I thought most important to learn? Nope, just saying that his mentality doesn't necessarily work.

I listed Diddy as most important to learn. btw.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
which is why i said falco is prob the most imprtant to learn aside from mk. theres alota mks, theres also alota falcos. because a good amount of pikas see the grab as the tool and focus too hard on it im saying its imprtant to learn how to play this mu. mk we only have that small cg, we dont bank on it as much, whereas falco we can fall into that mindset. its not a hard mu if played right. its an imprtant one to know.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
SuSa, I'd like a quick clarification: when you say "your" in "your most important matchup" do you mean your (the character) or your (the player)?

Either answer implies a very different scope which could easily affect the answers you receive for this.

Edit: Nevermind. On further review, found confirmation of my question.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Seriously, it's obviously MK. He's the best character in the game, and by far the most played.

Top Bottom