• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - How Satisfied with the Roster are you? *Post-E3*

How satisfied with the current roster are you?

• Very. I love the newcomers!

Votes: 74 39.8%
  • It's alright. I'm still waiting to see who else is added.

Votes: 81 43.5%
  • It's OK, but it's leaning on the bad side.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Horrible. I hate the current newcomers.

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Leaning towards bad. If we get the roster the way we have it now, with the gametsu leak (all brawl - lucas) and probably - ivy/squirtle/snake, and that's it, I'm going to be terribly disappointed.

if there are 2 or 3 characters other than gametsu, I'll be happy.

JoeInky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JoeInky
3DS FC
4596-9442-7695
Love pacman, greninja, little mac, megaman, villager and WFT.

But if the gematsu leak is true I'm disappointed in the rest of the newcomers we're getting and really disappointed with the inclusion of rosalina and palutena if that's all the newcomers we're getting and not just leaked ones.

Totally Casual

Smash Cadet
As things stand i'm very satisfied because I can't see a way that the unannounced veterans I want back will be cut, but if they were it would drop to satisfactory or disappointing. I guess what i'm saying is hurry up and confirm Ganondorf, Falcon & MK Sakurai.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Newcomers

Rosalina-2/10
Greninja-4/10
Palutena-10/10
Mega Man-10/10
Villager-5/10
WFT-11teen/10 :troll:
Little Mac-8/10
Pac Man-4/10
Mii Fighters-4/10

Don't really care for the roster, minus four 3 characters.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
The roster pretty amazing so far. Buffed Yoshi, Bowser, Link, Sheik, Pikachu... And there are still a very good amount of veterans that still need to be revealed! So excited.

Huh? Newcomers? What are those?

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
It's pretty good, but I feel like it's still lacking. I'm not too worried about characters getting cut because most of the one that were at the top of the figurative fan chopping block (Toon Link, Ike, Lucario) have made it onto the roster. As far as newcomers, overall they've been pretty good, but some I'm less excited about than others. Rosalina and Palutena were really the only two that got my blood pumping. Little Mac, Greninja, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer were also excellent choices in my book. Mii Fighters weren't necessarily bad choices, but they could have been done worse, so I appreciate the creativity they had with those guys. As far as Mega Man and Pac Man, I'm not a supporter of third parties in Smash at all. It actually repulsed me when I saw the Snake announcement for Brawl. However, with Sonic included, I'm glad they decided to go with those two over any others. They're both classic and recognizable, and they play important roles in Nintendo's history, so I'll give them a little credit, even though I'm not a huge fan.

Overall, the roster is looking promising, though if the only newcomers we have left to see are Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Kids, I'm going to be pretty disappointed with how much potential the team through in the bin.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Its pretty good so far, the new Characters look a lot of fun.
Though I'm not sold on Pac-Man, I need to see more of him.

Really surprised at Mii's, I was skeptical at first, but was quickly sold on them.

I think I'd enjoy the full game even with cut characters just as I did with Brawl.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
So far I think all the newcomers have really good reasons for being in the game.
Mega Man:The most requested character and also has a very long history with Nintendo
Villager:Main character from a very popular series that hasn't had a playable rep until now.
WFT:Main Character from one of the best selling games on the wii
Rosalina:Fairly popular character and she's starting to become a recurring character
Little Mac:Heavily requested character and he is already a fighter
Greninja:Most popular pokemon from the newest generation
Mii:The avatar characters for the wii and wii u and is kind of popular
Pac Man:Has a history with Nintendo and Namco is helping make the game.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I'm as satisfied as I can really get right now. I really like the newcomers. Especially Mega Man and Pac-Man. From what I've seen, Pac-Man especially has a very creative moveset. I'd honestly be fine if this (and other characters such as Captain Falcon, Jiggs, Ness, and Game & Watch) was the final roster.

D

Deleted member

I'm completely okay with it. Granted at the current time I don't have Wario or G-Dub, but I do have Greninja, Olimar, Pac-man, and Pit with upperdash arm. If I there were no characters I enjoyed playing, I would think differently. I can stand waiting for Wario or G-Dub because I know that even in some bizarre twist of fate were they are cut, I would still have characters I enjoy using/am excited to try out.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
K. Rool is missing on the newcomer side of things....but other than that just bring back some more of the vets and we got a near perfect roster!

Khao

Smash Lord
I'm very, very satisfied.

There's not a single newcomer so far I don't really freaking want to try out, even the few I don't really care about too much as characters (like Greninja) look incredibly fun to play as so that it doesn't matter.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Meh.

N64 was automatically awesome for being the first.
Melee had the best additions.
Brawl had it's moments.
This one also had it's moments but it feels like fewer. Mega Man is awesome. But honestly I personally don't really care about ANY OTHER newcomer. Nobody else from my most wanted list made the game. Absolutely zero.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Give me some more Wario characters please. Wario Ware or Wario Land, I don't care. Just give one.
Oh, and a unique Ganondorf & Toon Link. Why the hell is Toon Link still a clone?

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
The current list seems alright so far.
There's a few iffy ones here and there, but it's alright.

SNC Genesis

Smash Rookie
The Smash 4 roster so far is pretty cool. There have been a lot of unsuspecting characters revealed since Mega Man, like Pac Man and Miis which none of us thought were actually coming. but the question still remains... wheres ganon?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
In reality I like the newcomers more and more each time, There feeling like Brand-new character each on them and there extreme unique.
Well is lack villians but we got lot of playable female fighters.

But seriously we need more genderless character in smash brothers and there really lacking on it!!!

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Right now it's leaning on the bad side. Though the inclusion of many unconfirmed veterans (Ness, Jiggs, C. Falcon, Wario, Falco, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, G&W, Ice Climbers, etc.) is inevitable, they're not officially here yet.

As for the newcomers, I'll give them ratings out of 10.

Mega Man: 9/10
Villager: 10/10
WFT: 5/10
Rosaluma: 4/10
Little Mac: 10/10
Greninja: 3/10
Miis: 7/10
Palutena: 8/10
Pac-Man: 1/10

So there you go.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
The roster is ok, but I won't give final judgment until we've seen the whole thing. I'd say I'm slightly less excited about the roster in the wake of E3, largely because it makes it seem like the rest of the roster is veterans + Gematsu characters.

For the three characters revealed at E3, I never had any real issue with Miis, and while they weren't a character I had to have, I like how they were implemented as a character, but dislike the online restrictions. I like Palutena in her games, and was excited for her to have a shot at Smash, but her trailer makes her look like a rather bland character. Maybe I'll change my mind once we see her in action/her moves more fully though. Pac-Man ended up about how I expected, which is not a positive. I never felt they couldn't make a moveset for him, so the quirky art style of it and variety of moves was pretty expected. That said, I have no interest in trying him out, and I don't like how they blended the retro art with a 3D model; I'd only have wanted the retro style for his final smash, not for moves as well.

Overall, I'd summarize the roster like this:

Very Excited to Try:
Villager
Mega Man
Greninja
Rosalina

Excited to Try:
Mii

Possible Chance of Becoming Highly Played:
Palutena

Likely to Barely Play:
Wii Fit Trainer

No/Low Interest:
Little Mac
Pac-Man

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
The newcomer roster looks good so far, but it needs improvement and. I will wait until I get the game before I make my final judgement. The veterans are somewhat questionable (Toon link still a clone? Really? Etc) but is for the most part pretty awesome.
I hope we see more newcomers aside form the Gematsu leaks, as well as other veterans like Ness, Falcon, Wolf, G&W, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers etc.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
The newcomer roster, in my opinion, looks goddamn stellar.

Characters I'm looking to Main:
Rosalina

Character that I'll probably end up maining:
Villager

Characters that I'll have a pocket:
WFT
Little Mac

And I'll play the rest! The roster so far looks simply fantastic and if e3 is to be believed, we have more coming, too.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
I am pretty hyped about the roster so far. Even though only one character on my wishlist has been added so far (Mega Man), I am pretty excited for all the newcomers that I never knew I wanted. That has always been part of the genius of the series to me. As sad as I would be if Isaac, Andy, or Mike Jones all failed to make the cut, I am very thankful for Greninja, Wii Fit Trainer, and all the other characters I never would have thought to include that look like so much fun to play.

Newcomers I am excited for:
Villager
Rosalina
Palutena

Newcomers I am super excited for:
Greninja
Mii Fighter
Pac-Man

Newcomers I am super duper excited for:
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
Besides Greninja, I think every single newcomer is extremely unique and brings something new to the table as far as character archetypes in Smash Bros.

-Especially Rosalina. I honestly don't understand all the flak she gets.
She is literally the only Puppet Master type character to ever be in Smash Bros, which is a mainstay in most modern fighting games.

-Greninja is the only one I don't consider unique due to the fact that every single one of his special moves could be tied to another character. He has Pika's U-b, Lucario's N-b, Marth's D-b, and... well... I suppose Shadow Sneak is relatively unique.
Besides the fact that it is similar to Sheik's teleport with a mechanic tweak and a different directional imput.
That aside, I love his playstyle and cannot wait to main the hell out of him.

-WFT and Villager are both characters I'm going to have a lot of fun with, I can already tell.

-Mega Man I'm a little iffy on, but seeing as the MM series is one of my favorites, I'm still gonna give him a go. Same goes for Little Mac.

-Pac-Man looks complicated and weird as hell and I'm loving it.

-The Miis are Miis, but I'm liking how they used them in this iteration.

-Palutena is a mixed bag, and I'm hoping out of that slew of specials they showed off a few good ones find their way into her default moveset, because I really like her character design and would like to play as her online.
The newcomer roster, in my opinion, looks goddamn stellar.
I'm really diggin' the fact you just used the word stellar. I swear I'm the only person I know who says that and it bums me out.

Last edited:

Ginger Hail

Smash Apprentice
Roster seems pretty alright so far. No real complaints with the roster itself, pretty much every character deserves a place on it. Definitely going to need to see the final roster before I judge things as a whole.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
I'm hoping for Tails (although it appears each third party only gets one character), think he'd be a great addition.

I also want Bowser Jr. Extra villain, smaller quicker Bowser with the Koopa Clown Car, his paintbrush from Sunshine, and maybe Mecha-Bowser for his final Smash from Sunshine. It'd be perfect! Getting all hyped just typing it.

I also want to see more costumes for those characters already revealed. Something about seeing Link's new outfit and Wired Mac, along with the villagers having such diverse pallets makes me wish all characters had that much diversity. If they do, I want to see! Would make the roster seem even bigger. Outset Link please.

All that being said, the roster is alright but I'm waiting for more. I think we'll know all the characters before October through pics of the day and one final Smash-focused direct.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
There have been some newcomers that have been included that I was happy to see right away and there have been some that I warmed up to over a period of time. They may not be the most wanted newcomers, but they are quite unique and have impressed the hell out of me honestly. I'm all for creativity and diversity and that's what they've been presenting so far. A nice mix of fan favorites and cool unexpected additions get a thumbs up from me.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
-Especially Rosalina. I honestly don't understand all the flak she gets.
She is literally the only Puppet Master type character to ever be in Smash Bros, which is a mainstay in most modern fighting games.
People like to fool themselves into thinking Toad or Waluigi deserved the spot before her. Oh, and Galaxy haters!

So far the roster's looking pretty good! A few of my wants made the cut, and one of my wishlist characters made it even though I think she was pretty much hopeless! (Rosalina!)

I also love Megaman, Villager and Little Mac, and I love the Miis because they drive the 'omgsohardcorelookatmeIdon'tplaycasualgames' crowd nuts (WFT for the same reason). The only one I think didn't deserve the spot at all was Greninja, I don't care if Sakurai liked his design, there are like a hundred Pokemon more deserving than him, specially Ivysaur, I'll never like that damn frog as a character, but his moveset looks incredibly cool.

I only need a few more Newcomers and this roster will be perfect:
- Chrom
- King K.Rool
- Young Ridley
- Meta Ridley
- Omega Ridley
- Purple Gold Ridley
- Neo Ridley
- Roidley
- Adolescent Ridley
- RIDLEY, RIDLEY, RIDLEY, RIDLEY!
- Oh...and Hades, he'd be incredibly cool too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom