• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: Best doubles partner for Kirby

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Whenever I watch team tourneys, I always watch for moments when the fighters chain moves together into an effective offense. But when watching some other tourneys, certain teams will look more or less cohesive. That got me wondering. Who is the best partner for each character? Well, since I’m a casual Brawler, and I don’t have the expertise to judge, so why not ask the experts? I originally tried this on GameFAQs, but the users in general were immature, or not qualified to give the information. Then I remembered the specific boards on Smashboards, so I brought the poll here. So who do you think the best partner is for Kirby?

Rules:

- The poll will last for a week. If it becomes popular, it may last longer.
- You may only vote for one character.
- Assume friendly fire is on.
- Assume there are no items.
- After posting your answer, give a detailed reason why you choose that character. If you don’t give viable information, your vote will not be added.
- You may ask to change your vote if you have a viable reason.
- Discussion on your choices is allowed. NO FLAMES!!!
- If you vote Pokemon Trainer, you must discuss details for all his pokemon.
- If you vote on the Pokemon Trainer poll, you must discuss details for all his pokemon.
- If you want to use videos to explain your reasoning, feel free to post them, but remember. I play this game casually, so you have to explain what parts of the video are important and why they are important.
- You may vote on multiple polls.
- If issues occur, I may add or remove rules, so be sure to review the list.

Bowser – 0
Captain Falcon – 0
Diddy Kong – 0
Donkey Kong – 0
Falco – 0
Fox – 0
Game & Watch – 0
Ganondorf – 0
Ice Climbers – 0
Ike – 0
Jigglypuff – 1
King Dedede – 0
Kirby – 0
Link – 0
Lucario – 0
Lucas – 0
Luigi – 0
Mario – 0
Marth – 0
Meta Knight – 2
Ness – 0
Olimar – 0
Peach – 0
Pikachu – 0
Pit – 0
Pokemon Trainer – 0
R.O.B. – 0
Samus – 0
Sheik – 0
Snake – 0
Sonic – 0
Toon Link – 0
Wario – 0
Wolf – 0
Yoshi – 0
Zelda – 0
Zero Suit Samus – 0

Replies: 6

If your vote isn’t tallied, you may have done one of the following:

- You voted for multiple people or didn’t make your answer clear
- You voted for multiple characters
- You didn’t give a good reason.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight hands down. First off metaknight just owns period no matter who he is with. Second Metaknight could pretty much save you better than anyone if you ever need help since he is so fast and has the tornado. Third you could take his tornado and use it as well for many situations. Fourth metaknight could build up damage very easily and kirby has great ko potential so they compliment each other in that aspect. Fifth you will hardly ever need to worry about saving metaknight since his recovery is so godly. Sixth he is very good at handling multiple attackers since his attacks have good range priority, speed.

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff I would say. TJgamer and I do very well with these 2 combine. Edgeguard game is terrific.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Kirby has little trouble killing. Pair him up with someone that racks up damage like crazy but generally has trouble getting KO's. Metaknight or Toon Link, MK the better option there.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Wario is a pretty solid character plus have u ever used Kirby's bite copy, its broken, absolutely broken. U barely get hit when u use it well and it build up damage. Plus it comes out faster than warios and since Kirby is smaller its harder to hit him when he is using Bite.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
I vote for Zelda because of her ranged game augments Kirby's aerial domination and his amazing combo ability. Din's Fire, while able to harm Kirby, if used effectively, can help to keep the other team from double-teaming. Naryu's Love can be used to knock opponents into close range of Kirby, and setting up combo potentials. Though Zelda is able to damage Kirby with her ranged attacks in this situation, she is a viable option for teaming play especially because of her range and strong smashes.

geedo

Smash Rookie
i like the kirby+falco team. using falco's copied ability you can basically just laser, laser, laser

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
It stops Shuttle Loop!? And it's just one more copy ability Kirby can do better than the original owner. Kirby & Wario are both good in the air, and they both have several killing moves. Maybe Wario is a good doubles partner.
Kirby has trouble killing? He kills fine to my standards.
I said he has little trouble killing.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
its insane, i played a friendly where it was me an MK and a wario, i took the wario's power and we asked him to "ref" the match so we played Kirby vs MK but Kirby had Wario's power, HOLY **** lol that match was ridiculuos. I would give anything to have bite b4 i start a match

Believer

Smash Rookie
I'd guess Pit. Copy abilities considered, two sets of Paluenta's Arrows would piss the opponent off to no end. And, if needed, Pit has about 5 or 6 jumps, and the arrows he can control if he needs to hit Kirby for recovery.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
I have to say that Toon Link is an exceptinal partner for Kirby. He can copy TL for a free projectile, and a good/fast one at that. He can await on the ledge while TL edgegaurds, lending his support if the enemy gets too close to the stage. Both are small and fast, so they don't hit each other as easily and can move to support each other more quickly.

The support is just what seems unreal to me. My teammate and I always use this combo and it works wonders, weather intentinally or accidently we're always pulling off doubles "combos"

Jokes_On_You

Smash Rookie
I like to team up with Mr. Game&Watch. I'll absorb my partner to get his standard B move, then we run to a safe spot and I'll fill his bucket. I then grab an opponent, and my partner unloads the bucket. Sometimes I get hit with it though, so we don't always grab first. But filling G&W bucket for him works nicely.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Meta Knight and Dedede are the best partners for Kirby.

MK and Kirby are both fast and small and they can combo the heavier/powerful characters together.

Dedede is slower and stronger, so Kirby does a good job comboing characters while Dedede makes them sh*t bricks

dobee

Smash Apprentice
I agree with gonzo yo... wario's bite is ****. Im also down with snake and his grenades though.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I say double up the Kirby killing action.

But, really, it depends on the player and your individual strategies...

I'd say, however (pretty much because of my strategies) that another character with similar abilities to Kirby but is still slightly different (Meta Knight, Jigglypuff, Dedede maybe) would work well in a more aerial battle, as it allows for loads of random unpredictable juggles between the characters.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Pit actually has 3 jumps but it could work the other way around, Kirby could use the arrows to help Pit recover
Im pretty new to kirby. Buti know pit very well. And arrows will not help pit recover at all. They will kill pit. lol. Pit only gets one recover special per landing so arrows would never help pit.

While we are on the subject of pit and kirby. I agree that it would make a great combo. If the kirby player has experience using pits arrows it can be pretty devastating. With arrows kirby has a much better edge guard option. He can use them to stun while he jumps at them, one per jump. Also theres arrow loop mind games and what not. But what makes arrows most useful would be your ability to support ur teammate across the field. One arrow stun could easily change the tide of a match.

An example would be like u split up ur opponents and fight on opposite sides, and when ever either of u has a break by knocking ur opponent away or killing them. You can easily shoot one arrow at ur teammates opponent stunning him. It leaves u with almost no lag from the shot and gives ur teammate an opportunity to finish his opponent while hes stunned by the arrow.

Warp$tar Lover

Smash Cadet
I mean Wario b/c wario's bite is the best counter move in the game, it also stops MK's shuttle loop
Don't forget, with Wario you can eat those items too. So if someone tries to finish off Kirby with a bob-omb or tossed home-run bat, Wario can just devour the items (Remember bombs only do 6% damage when Wario eats them and knocks back any opponents that get too close). Just try not to eat the pokeballs or Mr.Saturn, those are the only two items he can't eat.

Also someone small like Olimar would do nicely. Game and Watch is another superb match-up as well...

Vengeful

Smash Cadet
Don't forget, with Wario you can eat those items too. So if someone tries to finish off Kirby with a bob-omb or tossed home-run bat, Wario can just devour the items (Remember bombs only do 6% damage when Wario eats them and knocks back any opponents that get too close). Just try not to eat the pokeballs or Mr.Saturn, those are the only two items he can't eat.

Also someone small like Olimar would do nicely. Game and Watch is another superb match-up as well...

If you read the first post you would realize he said assuming there are no items on. Although Wario would be a great Kirby partner because of his bite, it racks up a bunch of damage quickly and it is an amazing counter. It can also Wariocide so it doesn't take away the suicide priority of inhale, although inhale is easier to suicide with in my opinion.

SandStorm7

Smash Cadet
Never play teams too often but kirby/jigglypuff sounds hot. Figure out a way for kirby to throw an opponent into jigglypuff rest for massive damage.

DrkKnight

Smash Cadet
Falco, or Snake
with falco, kirby can copy his gun making him deadly,
and with snake in a 2 v 1 snake puts a c4on kirby, kirby upthrows the opponent and snake detonates the c4 killing both.

DrkKnight

Smash Cadet
well a team i was loosing too, not using kirby, we went kirby and MK and dominated, it seems like a good team

DrkKnight

Smash Cadet
and angelo what did the scouter say about their power level, i dont know, kirby ate him O.o lol
.....dammit

Top Bottom