• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: Best doubles partner for King Dedede

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Whenever I watch team tourneys, I always watch for moments when the fighters chain moves together into an effective offense. But when watching some other tourneys, certain teams will look more or less cohesive. That got me wondering. Who is the best partner for each character? Well, since I’m a casual Brawler, and I don’t have the expertise to judge, so why not ask the experts? I originally tried this on GameFAQs, but the users in general were immature, or not qualified to give the information. Then I remembered the specific boards on Smashboards, so I brought the poll here. So who do you think the best partner is for King Dedede?

Rules:

- The poll will last for a week. If it becomes popular, it may last longer.
- You may only vote for one character.
- Assume friendly fire is on.
- Assume there are no items.
- After posting your answer, give a detailed reason why you choose that character. If you don’t give viable information, your vote will not be added.
- You may ask to change your vote if you have a viable reason.
- Discussion on your choices is allowed. NO FLAMES!!!
- If you vote Pokemon Trainer, you must discuss details for all his pokemon.
- If you vote on the Pokemon Trainer poll, you must discuss details for all his pokemon.
- If you want to use videos to explain your reasoning, feel free to post them, but remember. I play this game casually, so you have to explain what parts of the video are important and why they are important.
- You may vote on multiple polls.
- If issues occur, I may add or remove rules, so be sure to review the list.

Bowser – 0
Captain Falcon – 0
Diddy Kong – 0
Donkey Kong – 0
Falco – 0
Fox – 0
Game & Watch – 0
Ganondorf – 0
Ice Climbers – 0
Ike – 0
Jigglypuff – 0
King Dedede – 1
Kirby – 0
Link – 0
Lucario – 0
Lucas – 0
Luigi – 0
Mario – 0
Marth – 0
Meta Knight – 0
Ness – 0
Olimar – 0
Peach – 0
Pikachu – 0
Pit – 0
Pokemon Trainer – 0
R.O.B. – 0
Samus – 0
Sheik – 0
Snake – 0
Sonic – 0
Toon Link – 0
Wario – 0
Wolf – 0
Yoshi – 0
Zelda – 0
Zero Suit Samus – 0

Replies: 3

If your vote isn’t tallied, you may have done one of the following:

- You voted for multiple people or didn’t make your answer clear
- You voted for multiple characters
- You didn’t give a good reason.

holysnap

Smash Cadet
I would say another King Dedede.

Mostly because one time my brother and I were both King Dedede, and we were able to do an infinite chain grab on both of the other players.

They were level 9 and it was kind of hard to set up, but it was really funny once we got it started.

Both King Dedede's face eachother, and grab their opponents and just use dthrow, and then both King Dedede's catch the other opponent, and repeat.
Plus A dedede can grab, and then set the other up for a FSmash. Their bair's make an amazing wop together, and dual waddle dee spam is something to reckon with.

It might not be the best team, but think of all the infinite grab possiblities, I'm sure that if two amazing Dedede's teamed up, they would be unstoppable.

DreadedKid

Smash Rookie
It's a matter of personal opinion depending on playstyle, I've had a lot of success doing 2v2 matches with a falco. Laser spam can hold the enemy down long enough for Big D to do some serious capitalization. He's quicker than D3, which gives the team much better stage mobility. And since D3 has so many options for getting the oponent off the stage and edgeguard, but no real spike.. well, i'm sure you see where that's going.

ruiisu

Smash Rookie

My cousin and I tear it up with a D3 and Pit combination. Together they have good control over the field and form a really strong defensive front that is hard to break. At least from what the matches against CPU have shown... :p

Witty Board Name

Smash Cadet
I'm certainly not the most qualified smasher in the world-but I do beleive I have a grasp on some team tactics/strats.

A partner for DDD is someone who can have a lot of control over the fight-or someone who's so offensive that they can get 'lucky' with a F-Attack (like another DDD).

But when me and one of my better friends play, we usually play Meta Knight-DDD. This is because Meta Knight can sort of 'round up' your targets with either his B-> or Neutral B, and then DDD can either follow up with a Foward Smash or a Bair if he wants to play it safe.

I guess Pit would also make a very strong partner for DDD as well, but Meta Knight has a lot more control without it getting too messy-something that you certainly can't take lightly especially when Team Attack is on, and Meta Knights ability to get out of the way quickly is crucial.

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
I believe that a wolf would be a great partner for DDD, due to his paralyzer can stun enemies and allow for entrace to a Chain Grab or a devastating F-Smash!

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
my favorite partner is DK, his smashes do SO much damage and kill at such low % and they also come out really fast. getting someone to 50% is pretty easy in my opinion, and DK can smash out of nowhere or even when your holding an enemy, you can even chain grab toward him and he can send your opponent out easily

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Snakes are a good choice but if the snake leaves a lot of grenades it pretty much ruins game for Dedede... constantly getting interrupted...

Dedede + ROB are a good team;

D3 Handles the stage area (Ground and Air) and ROB Aerially ***** the ones going off-stage, both are heavy characters XP and Dedede can Backup ROB's Edgeguard as well with B-Airs...

Double Dedede is very fun... Though I prefer having variety with teams partners XP

R4ZE

Smash Ace
no love for sonic? Sonic is a great teamate for DDD, because sonic and DDD both share survivabilty.

sonic is a king of dealing damage while DDD is a beast killer.

Sonic's maneuverability would allow him to work around DDD throwing in support while staying out of harms way at the same time. This would also help sonic as he would be able to hit an off gaurd opponent rather than get out prioritied by a ready and waiting attack coming right at him as soon as he strikes.

a lot of sonics moves have only slight knockback while not being good for killing themselves, would serve great for knocking a helpless opponent right into say a charged smash or slower, but more potent killing move form DDD.

in conclusion, i think sonic would be a great ddd partner.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
I think a good pair with DDD is another DDD. Here's a technique that makes a Double D team destroy every single time.

Firstly, the DDDs must choose a target to eliminate first. This is crucial. Each DDD will try his hardest to suck up the target near the stage's edge, and suicide with him. In a 3 life match, one DDD will sacrifice 2 lives and the other will give up a single life.

Then, when the target is finished, all it takes is one suck-up by either DDD and you can combo suck-up with the two DDDs facing each other, infinitely. When the final player has high enough damage, a simple Dtilt will exterminate. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

TKD

Smash Lord
Game & Watch. Because:

1) His disjointed hitboxes allow better overall control of the match
2) At KO %, DDD can grab and wait for gaw's dash canceled upsmash (combo facilitated by how easy it is for D3 to land a grab), also remember that grab hitting is bad if you're waiting for your partner since it allows for easy breakouts
3) Same as "2)", but you can also downthrow into any of gaw's smashes, of course, it is better against characters that stay on their feet
4) G&W runs pretty fast. He can get near you quickly to protect you from ownage by separating you and your opponent via dash attack or an aerial
5) You don't have to worry too much about protecting a recovering G&W because he has a great recovery
6) G&W can disrupt characters that try to gimp you by going outside the stage with any aerial (mostly bair) and making your recovery easier

A lot of characters have a couple of these advantages, but not all of them. Fox for example, a decent character as your doubles partner, can't protect you from getting gimped. Metaknight, as another example, won't KO an opponent you grab at 100%.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Kirby's my preferred partner. The main thing I really enjoy doing is gulping and spitting each other. Oh, and gulp abuse is fun, as well. Other than that, Kirby's a lot faster than DeDeDe. As a team, they balance each other out.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
MK would serve as an excellent teammate for DeDeDe

Each character has excellent recovery

Each character has excellent off the ledge game

MK and DDD's strengths play off each other very well.

MK:
Deals damage quickly and easily
One of the best WOP in the entire game
Fast moving
Hard to hit due to small size
Almost impossible to gimp

DDD:
Kills very easily
Also one of the best WOP in the entire game
Chain grab
Very difficult to kill

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
MK would serve as an excellent teammate for DeDeDe

Each character has excellent recovery

Each character has excellent off the ledge game

MK and DDD's strengths play off each other very well.

MK:
Deals damage quickly and easily
One of the best WOP in the entire game
Fast moving
Hard to hit due to small size

DDD:
Kills very easily
Also one of the best WOP in the entire game
Chain grab
Very difficult to kill
Yup, had the exact thoughts.
MK's a damage racker, and DDD is a killer. Chaingrab to the ledge-->ftilit and then MK takes over with the edgeguarding while DDD chucks Waddle Dee/Doos

Tengosku

Smash Cadet
I think a good pair with DDD is another DDD. Here's a technique that makes a Double D team destroy every single time.

Firstly, the DDDs must choose a target to eliminate first. This is crucial. Each DDD will try his hardest to suck up the target near the stage's edge, and suicide with him. In a 3 life match, one DDD will sacrifice 2 lives and the other will give up a single life.

Then, when the target is finished, all it takes is one suck-up by either DDD and you can combo suck-up with the two DDDs facing each other, infinitely. When the final player has high enough damage, a simple Dtilt will exterminate. Wash, rinse, and repeat.
share stock oh shi-

best teammate is a good damage dealer, someone who can link some hits together. in that respect, g&w, mk, falco

i know that ddd/g&w has had a lot of success for m2k/velocity. but personally i vote mk

Top Bottom