• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokken Fighters: It's an actual thing now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Though as far as claws go, I have doubts if we'll see another one with the emphasis Weavile has on clawing attacks. There could be characters who have claws, but I dunno about ones who focus on them. Better to look toward different mons who can more do unique things.

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Zoroark's a claw fighter which could use it's Illusion ability.
Scizor ( If you even count it as a claw fighter ) could be pretty different for obvious reasons.
I don't know much about what Zangoose or Vigoroth would be capable of but i know with enough creativity you could do some things with Meowth's coin gimmick. ( And considering all the exposure Meowth's had there's a number of things they could do to differentiate it from Weavile )
What other potential fighters who utilize claws are there?

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Not so much claws, but I'd love to see some sickle/scythe-oriented Pokemon. :123: and :141: come to mind. Unconventional choices like :227: or Gallade (if only because "we already have Gardevoir") could also work.

Pincer (not :127:) type characters like :212: or :207: (Gliscor too) could also work. Even :099: would be awesome to see.

Lastly, on a whole 'nother spectrum, I could see certain bird Pokemon like :018:, Staraptor or even Braviary making use of their talons.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
When it comes to serpentine pokemon...if I'm being honest, Rayqyaza would be amazing...he is my favourite legend after all...

Would be cool to see a bird make it in...or bird-like Pokemon, in which case Noivern would be my pick, could implement sound-based attacks as well (more dragons the better:p)...though Staraptor, Pidgeot, and Honchkrow would be cool too...

For Pincers...:212: no contest...

Sickles/Scythes...er...does Haxorus count? if not Bisharp would be neat...

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
When it comes to serpentine pokemon...if I'm being honest, Rayqyaza would be amazing...he is my favourite legend after all...

Would be cool to see a bird make it in...or bird-like Pokemon, in which case Noivern would be my pick, could implement sound-based attacks as well (more dragons the better:p)...though Staraptor, Pidgeot, and Honchkrow would be cool too...

For Pincers...:212: no contest...

Sickles/Scythes...er...does Haxorus count? if not Bisharp would be neat...
Rayquaza being HUGE is a bit of a problem, since the Pokemon thus far are mostly to-scale. That said, Rayquaza would be really amazing!

Same for Giratina... One of my favorite Pokemon ever, but it's so HUGE... It wouldn't really be feasible.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Rayquaza being HUGE is a bit of a problem, since the Pokemon thus far are mostly to-scale. That said, Rayquaza would be really amazing!

Same for Giratina... One of my favorite Pokemon ever, but it's so HUGE... It wouldn't really be feasible.
I've seen people suggest Gyarados and Milotic, and Rayquaza isn't too much bigger than either of those two...thing is being a serpentine body he will likely be somewhat coiled most of the time...even still I know it is pushing it, and a Pokemon the size of Rayquaza would be better suited for a boss type character than part of the playable roster (regardless I still hope he gets implemented into the game in some way, I mean even Smash has Rayquaza!)

It is unclear if we will get a pokemon that is so large...apparently Mega Mewtwo X is the largest pokemon so far according to this. With Regular Mewtwo and Suicune being the largest outside of their bursts/megas.
(Holy crap I didn't realise Hoopa Unbound was that frikkin big!!!!!)

Thing is it is a large enough area where they battle in for a larger scaled pokemon, if they ever decided to go for one...though it does seem rather unbalanced if they do...

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I've seen people suggest Gyarados and Milotic, and Rayquaza isn't too much bigger than either of those two...thing is being a serpentine body he will likely be somewhat coiled most of the time...even still I know it is pushing it, and a Pokemon the size of Rayquaza would be better suited for a boss type character than part of the playable roster (regardless I still hope he gets implemented into the game in some way, I mean even Smash has Rayquaza!)

It is unclear if we will get a pokemon that is so large...apparently Mega Mewtwo X is the largest pokemon so far according to this. With Regular Mewtwo and Suicune being the largest outside of their bursts/megas.
(Holy crap I didn't realise Hoopa Unbound was that frikkin big!!!!!)

Thing is it is a large enough area where they battle in for a larger scaled pokemon, if they ever decided to go for one...though it does seem rather unbalanced if they do...
That's why I'm hoping for Seviper, especially with Team Soul on this, because you got a mix of standard snake viper esqe strikes combined with him being able to use the tail as a sword has some great potential

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
After several weeks of thinking about it, I finally settled on my top 10 most wanted Pokemon for Pokken Tournament.

My Top 10 Most Wanted Pokemon for Pokken:
Number one being most wanted and number ten being least wanted:

1. Gallade - What can I say. He's my favorite Pokemon around. A badass dual-wielding swordsman who attacks with arm blades and can utilize some psychic powers of teleportation and mind-reading here and there would make for a fantastic addition. Let's also not forget about his amazing Mega Evolution too, and keeping that in mind he can have an epic Burst Attack where he could furiously slash his foe, then slash him/her into the sky, teleport to said location, then deliver a killer stab to the ground for the finishing touch.

Having Gardevoir in Pokken even made me want Gallade for Pokken more than ever before. To be honest, I think Gardevoir is a double-edged sword when it comes to Gallade's chances right now. On one hand, you can make the argument that we already have someone from the Ralts evolution line on the roster (despite the fact we already have two Pikachus and two Mewtwos on the roster, or in other words, two sets of Pokemon that are related to each other), yet it's thanks to Gardevoir that I've noticed Gallade being one of the most requested Pokemon for Pokken.

While Sceptile and Garchomp utilize some dual-slashing moves already, I think Gallade could do a better job utilizing such moves than these two to the point that Gallade would be the Talim (from Soul Caliber) of the Pokken roster. While I strongly want Gallade in Pokken, I'm ready for the worst case scenario where he'll either be forgotten or be added as an Assist instead, though I still have faith he'll be added at some point.

2. Swampert - Ever since Sceptile was revealed for Pokken, Swampert has surpassed Greninja for my second most wanted. Poor, poor Swampert. You're the only one of your Hoenn trio who is yet to be the game... and it really hurts considering you are my favorite of the Hoenn trio (not to mention it's one of my top 5 favorite Pokemon, and was my favorite Pokemon before Gallade came into the picture).

Compared to Suicune, Swampert would definitely stand out with Ground-type attacks, physical moves like Waterfall and Hammer Arm, and the use of mud for a large portion of its attacks instead of generic water all the time. And let's not forget about that awesome Mega Evolution that could make for a cool Burst Attack where it could throw it's opponents into a body of water, swim up to the foe at blinding speed, then proceed to deliver some killer punches.

Seriously, everytime I think about the possibility about Swampert in Pokken, it makes me want it even more. Only question is, will it really make it onto the roster in the end? I sure hope so.

3. Greninja - Currently my second favorite Pokemon, and you can thank Smash Bros for that (it's my main in that game, and getting to experience Greninja allowed it to break it's tie with Aegislash for my favorite generation 6 Pokemon). The most iconic and popular Pokemon from generation 6, I have faith that Greninja will make it in at some point. It would obviously stand out with a ninja-style moveset, and perhaps it could turn into Ash-Greninja for its Burst Attack and then ram into its foe for powerful damage thanks to all the water surrounding it.

As previously mentioned, it used to be my second most wanted for Pokken, but Swampert took that role thanks to recent events. Another reason why Greninja fell down a bit on my list was because I'll feel really bad for all the Chesnaught evolution line fans if Greninja makes it in because they'll experience the same pain like I have with Swampert right now (and yes, I've been warming up to the possibility of Chesnaught in Pokken recently).

4. Salamence - One of my favorite Dragon-type Pokemon who could demonstrate how fearsome of a dragon it really is in Pokken through the use of moves like Flamethrower and Outrage, along with aerial attacks added to the fray. Rather than sitting on the ground when standing still, it would simply float slightly above the ground similar to its basic animation in the generation 6 games so that it could easily move around. The reason for this kind of emphasis would be to emphasize it's love for flying. After all, it's Pokedex entry states that with its evolution, it finally achieved it's life-long dream of being able to fly.

Charizard and Garchomp might've already filled that niche for "dragon attackers", but unlike Charizard, I can see Salamence using less Fire-type attacks and more Dragon-type attacks, while compared to Garchomp, Salamence would obviously stand out with its ability to fly and avoiding the use of Ground-type attacks.

5. Luxray - One of my favorite generation 4 Pokemon who could be a dark horse candidate for the roster, yet it is also relevant again thanks to being Clemont's signature Pokemon in the anime. Compared to the Pikachus, Luxray would probably attack much like a lion involving a lot of pouncing, biting, and slashing with its claws, along with moves like Volt Tackle added to the mix.

6. Krookodile - Very memorable generation 5 Pokemon for me. Funny yet awesome and menacing-looking design, and fairly popular generation 5 Pokemon too (Ash even owned one and was a prominent component on his team in the anime). In addition to a combination of Ground and Dark-type moves, I think Krookodile could also utilize a moveset where it attacks much like an crocodile with all the biting it could do.

7. Scizor - Favorite generation II Pokemon, very cool-looking, and a Pokemon who I think is a prime candidate for our first Bug-type on the roster. It could also use dual-wielding slashing moveset similar to Gallade, except it's more about claws than swords with Scizor's case, not to mention it would use Steel-type moves like Iron Head, Bullet Punch, and Iron Defense.

8. Serperior - While Samurott was my starter in the generation 5 games, Serperior is my preferred pick of the Unova trio for Pokken. It was also my most wanted Grass-type before it was confirmed to be a background Pokemon... but good thing Chandelure threw the "background Pokemon can't be playable fighters" rule right out of the window. In addition to distance-ranged special-attacks, I can see a physical-based moveset where it would attack much like a snake through the use of coiling its foes.

9. Metagross - An awesome Pokemon who would make for a powerhouse with moves like Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Stomp, Zen Headbutt, and Bullet Punch while being able to tank hits. It's only major flaw would be its speed. To move around, it would just scrunch its legs onto its head similar to how it moves in Pokemon Battle Revolution. The Mega Evolution would make for an fantastic-looking Burst Attack where it could use an epic-looking Giga Impact. Also, did I mention Metagross is the signature Pokemon of my favorite champion in the entire series? Yeah, that too.

10. Tyrantrum - This doesn't need much explanation. A T-Rex Pokemon who could utilize moveset that would fit well for its design? Yes please!

Honorable Mentions:

Bisharp - It could also use a dual-wielding moveset, though compared to Gallade, Bisharp could stand out by summoning fellow Pawniards that could work as added Assist Pokemon, except that you wouldn't summon them the same way that you do with normal Assists. This would be meant to highlight Bisharp's pitiless nature where it and its fellow Pawniards will pursue its prey. While I like it because it looks like Gallade's evil brother, it's thanks to its similarities in design that I'd prefer having Gallade make it into the roster before Bisharp.

Darkrai - One of my favorite legendaries around because it's so badass in every possible way. It would utilize a more distance-ranged Dark-type fighter when compared to Weavile, though I can see it's most interesting gimmick involving it's ability to put foes to sleep with Dark Void and then having their health drain away thanks to it's Bad Dreams ability. In a way, it could work similar to Street Fighter V's poison effect, except that in Pokken's case, the sleep effect would stop after 2-3 seconds have passed instead of having the Pokemon land a hit on Darkrai.

Golurk - A powerhouse Pokemon that would stand out from Gengar and Chandelure in that it would be more physical and could even use some quake-style moves here and there. For its Burst Attack, I think it could perfectly replicate Tager's Astral Finish from the BlazBlue games when taking Golurk's flying abilities into account.

Noivern - One of my favorite generation 6 Pokemon, who is also pretty popular and iconic for its generation (was one of the first Kalos Pokemon revealed, not to mention Ash is going to obtain one very soon in the anime). It'd be pretty cool to see it utilize a sound-based moveset with moves like Boomburst, along with some special-ranged aerial and Dragon attacks added to the mix, making it a perfect Trick-style attacker.

Meloetta - My favorite generation 5 Pokemon and could be very interesting with a moveset that emphasizes song and dance, perhaps even change between its two forms at will. Unfortunately, it seems like Meloetta is more fit to be an Assist Pokemon that an actual fighter for this game just by looking at it, so I wouldn't mind if it ends up as such.

Hawlucha - Still think it should've been the luchador fighter in Pokken instead of Pikachu Libre.

Electivire - I can see it being an Electric powerhouse attacker where it could deliver some strong punches and deliver powerful voltage attacks using its tails.

Empoleon - My generation 4 starter and one of my favorite generation 4 Pokemon. I think it could make for a really interesting fighter where it attack much like a penguin using belly slides, Drill Peck, Steel Wing, and Surf added to the mix. It could also use Ice Beam to highlight its Arctic origins... you know, since it's a penguin.

Haxorus - Because those tusks could make for a fun moveset.

Hydreigon - Much like Salamence, I think Hydreigon would have a really cool moveset where it emphasizes how brutal of a dragon it really is (perhaps even more vicious than Salamence), but with more special-ranged and Dark attacks added to the mix. Yet, I'd still prefer seeing Salamence getting in first with this moveset potential in mind.

Gliscor - Memorable generation 4 Pokemon who could use a really diverse moveset utilizing dual-slashing skills, Ground-type attacks, sandstorms, and aerial attacks.

Toxicroak - While I would prefer Greninja for our first frog in the roster, I wouldn't mind seeing Toxicroak being added. It could have very nimble movements along with a speedy yet trick style moveset. Thanks to the claws on its knuckles, It's punches could also utilize a poison effect that was recently introduced in Street Fighter V.

Snorlax - Now that background Pokemon have a chance, I'm glad to see Snorlax has a chance. I can see it utilizing a sumo-like moveset with its body build, not to mention it could have some funny win animations considering its nature.

So... anyone else have a top 10 wishlist in mind?

Last edited:
So... anyone else have a top 10 wishlist in mind?
I have. Don't have lengthy explanations, though.

1. Tyrantrum. Might be my favorite gen 6 Pokemon. I mean, who wouldn't like to play as T-Rex?
2. Krookodile. My favorite Gen 5 Pokemon. One of the few Pokemon that I've used on more than one of my teams (others being Gyarados, Crobat and Sceptile). Might be too similar to Garchomp.
3. Gyarados. I've always liked Gyarados, and a serpentine fighter would be cool. Most likely too big.
4. Arbok. Childhood favorite, alongside Gengar. Another serpentine, and size is not a problem either. Has a lot of competition.
5. (tie) Drapion. One of the best Gen 4 Pokemon imo. Scorpion fighter would be cool.
5. (tie) Gliscor. Another Gen 4 scorpion, who can also fly.
7. Metagross. Awesome Pokemon, who I used on my OR team.
8. Zekrom. Favorite legend. Might be too big.
9. Crobat. I'm fond of Crobat due to it being one of the members of my first ever Pokemon team (Torterra, Gyarados and Drapion were part of that team as well).
10. Torterra. My favorite Pokemon, alongside Gengar. Sadly, due to his design, I don't see him working as Pokken fighter.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Top 10 alright...after some thought (by some I mean not much)

10-Golem
Admit it he'd be an awesome Power type fighter...the use of both Rock and Ground moves in it's moveset...Earthquakes for long range grounded pressure, perhaps Fissure traps, can chuck rocks from a distance, and call upon massive rock slides, and charge into the fray with Rollout...It can even just straight up kamikaze with Explosion....I think he would be an interesting fighter...

9-Rayquaza
Had to include my favourite legend, Pokken doesn't have a serpentine fighter and Rayquaza definitely can be a very interesting pokemon to fill this niche...His size 'may' be a problem...but I think the way the game's built it may not be too much of a problem especially since from what I can tell the battle system's 1v1, unlike Smash that has 8 player FFAs...
oh...and dat mega dough...

8-Tyranitar
Everyone's favourite second Gen psuedo! Like Golem he can bring the Rock typing into the game, utilize sandstorms as well as ground typed Earthquakes as well as some Dark type implementation...He's got that kickarse mega form to boot, and has that notoriety being the first of two psuedos to get a mega (the other is already in the game)...I see T-tar as being one of the most likely to get added into the roster at this point...

7-Noivern
A bird fighter would be pretty interesting and, while technically not a bird, Noivern would fit within this body type effectively...being a Dragon there's obvious implementation of Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor, with some Dragon Claws for up close attacks...as well as the use of it's flying type with Air Slash and Hurricane...But it doesn't stop there as this guy can possibly use sound based moves which is another unique asset he could bring...it's almost too perfect for Boomburst to be it's 'Burst' attack...

6-Alakazam
My favourite Gen 1 poke...he's got spoons and he's not afraid to use them! I'm not kidding, imagine this guy pelting you with it's spoons using it's kenetic abilities, espeically in mega form...in addition to all of it's Psychic powers as well...Perhaps even use Focus Blast and Energy Ball if need be...I want to see Alakazam go head to head against Gengar, as I feel that's a pretty solid rivalry overall...

5-Salamence
Need moar Dragons!!! Salamence is my favourite dragon type overall, and I think it would be cool to play as him in a fighting game! Charizard does already take the 'flying dragon' niche even though Salamence is a bit of a powerhouse in his own right, perhaps a greater emphasis on his physical prowess and more Dragon than fire that we get from Charizard...and that Mega form I feel would be a pretty intimidating presence on the field...I just like Salamence, he's my second favourite pokemon overall so of course I'd want him...

4-Sableye
'Chandelure confirmed!' HOPE LIVES!!! My favourite ghost type, and while he would be a third ghost type, He would paly very different from gengar and Chandelure, being a little trickster on the field...I can even see this guy using dig advantageously to move in and out of danger...in addition to various ghost and dark type attacks such as Foul Play, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Knock Off, and Shadow Ball...as well as Power Gem...would be a cool little defensive fighter, especially in it's mega form...

3-Heracross
'Chandelure confirmed!' HOPE LIVES!!! lol My favourite fighting type...I thought Heracross would've been perfect for this game...literally a fighting bug, pretty much based on the whole premise that inspired pokemon to begin with...Can be an interesting grappler, that can use it's horn to do some serious damage...Especially with it's mega!

2-Haxorus
'Garchomp confirmed!' HOPES CRUSHED!!! I did figure Garchomp would get the nod for the physical dragon, though I felt Haxorus would've made a more interesting fighter since it would use it's mighty tusks to do that hefty damage that it's known for...perhaps there's still a possibility but even before Garchomp's confirmation I felt he was a long shot...if only he had a mega (fyi...my most wanted mega, give him Steel typing and give him IRON HEAD FOR PETE'S SAKES!!!)

1-Scizor:212:
Was my number two most wanted, until Weavile got confirmed!! Now he's taken the top spot for fighters I want...And I feel Scizor's chances are the best amoung all my most wanted due to the fact that Scizor is actually a pretty damn popular pokemon overall...one of if not THE most popular Bug type, and as a bug type can implement that typing that is currently absent on the roster...and to an extent Steel typing as well, Lucario is a steel type that doesn't really use steel type attacks, then there's Machamp with Bullet Punch....sure...Scizor's pincers are also something we have yet to see, can have some interesting close range fighting style centered around lots of powerful grabs, and at long range can even use Air Slash or Bug Buzz...

And that Mega too!!

----

Made this quick graphic showing my Top 10 and some honourable mentions as well...
Pokken Most Wanted.png
yes...I think Beheeyem would be a cool fighter, as niche as he is as a pokemon

and yes I think two other fire type starters would make cool fighters....

Edit: Forgot about Golurk for my HM's so pretend he's there...

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
My 10 top ten picks for Pokken:

10. Gallade - We got Gardevoir and I'm completely biased towards this pokemon. He has an awesome design and it could easily work. I'm not really a fan of his Mega but that could help his chances potentially.

9. Serperier - Wicked Pokemon. He culd be a quick special attacker and make use of his long tail for close range. I am not a fan of this mon as a starter but he would be really cool to see.

8. Nidoking - Poison needs some real representation in my opinion. Gengar is cool but half the time I forget he is poison type and evidently the pokken devs did too. I'm not complaining really but I think Nidoking would be really fricen cool in this game. A power type with sooo many options for moves and projectiles.

7. Pidgeot - The original birdy. The only (and I do mean only) reason I put him instead of Braviary or Staraptor is because he is iconic and has an awesome Mega Evolution.

6. Scizor - Needs no explanation. If he doesn't get in I will be genuinely shocked.

5. Tyranitar - This guy is a pseudo, a fan-favorite, has a mega, fantastic design, and is an unused Rock type. He could easily work into this game with just as much variety of moves as Nidoking. Plus how ****ing cool would it be to see Garchomp and Tyranitar duke it out in this game?

4. Raichu - I'm not biased or a fanboy I swear.

3. Swampert - I like Swampert. It feels wrong to not have him in this game with the other two. He could be yet another Power type and has his Mega to complement it.

2. Blastoise - I am totally not biased or a fanboy........yeah.

1. MEGA MEWTWO Y! *Shot*

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
1. Swampert
2. Gallade
3. Tyranitar
4. Miltank (because wynaut?)
5. Greninja
6. Roserade
7. Zoroark
8. Luxray
9. Lopunny
10. Nidoking/Nidoqueen/Rhydon

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Since i have a hard time making up my mind and usually change it, i'll just make a top 5 list.
5. Breloom. Just would seem cool to be able to play as Breloom, i tend to use Shroomish in my Hoenn runs as well.

Eelectross. Aside from Showdown i actually never used this guy, but the fact that he has no weakness shows my point about Electric types being the best ( In a sense ).

Empoleon. My first starter, i don't have much reasoning aside from that, he's a pretty awesome penguin too, but i expect his role to be taken by Blastoise.

Gliscor. Gliscor is awesome, a scorpion bat and his design is just superb. Would be cool to have in.

Meowth, that's right! Pikachu's eternal rival is too awesome to leave out, he has always been one of my favorites and i'm surprised they haven't made Meowth vs Pikachu more possible in games.
If he made it i would buy it day one, i have been waiting ages for this.
Please Nintendo/Namco, this would be so awesome to finally have.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As much as like me so Meowth and still bitter that it was glosses over for Jiggs in Smash 64, wouldn't he play a bit too much like Weavile. Like with the claws and pouncing attacks. He obviously can't utilize ice attacks so that sets them apart. Personally, I find the lack of a legit water-type (Suicune aside) to be troubling. In addition, we have yet to see an entry from the rock, bug, normal, poison, and flying types. I hope we see some of those included.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
We needz more revels noaw!!!

Seriously though the release date isn't too far off. I wonder what else they have up their sleeve in the mean time.

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
As much as like me so Meowth and still bitter that it was glosses over for Jiggs in Smash 64, wouldn't he play a bit too much like Weavile. Like with the claws and pouncing attacks. He obviously can't utilize ice attacks so that sets them apart. Personally, I find the lack of a legit water-type (Suicune aside) to be troubling. In addition, we have yet to see an entry from the rock, bug, normal, poison, and flying types. I hope we see some of those included.
He could use his tail as an attack similar to Pikachu. And if you'd want to inspire yourself more from the anime he could use mech stuff and we'd even have
MEGA MEOWTH!
...i kid i kid, i don't think he'd be using mech stuff. But i do think you could differentiate Meowth and Weavile from each other to the point they'd similar but not too similar, heck i'd imagine Meowth could play more similar to Pikachu than Weavile if done right.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
To be fair Weavile and Meowth playing the same is a non-issue.

We have two pikachus and two Mewtwos (WHY ARE THEY BOTH Xs?!) so it's not like we don't have clones already..

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I'm sure while Meowth could be similar he wouldn't be a clone of Weavile, he has enough things to make him a non clone such as a tail, coins and his size. And he could slash in different ways too, Blaziken and Lucario both fight in a rather similar manner but they're different in their own rights.
As for Meowth's chances i don't actually think he's very likely, i just hope he doesn't get neglected to a support Pokemon as it would be the 4th time in history he'd be left out to join his fellow iconic Pokemon as playable.
Besides if you want some Team Rocket support Pokemon they should use :202:, Inkay,:024:, :110: and maybe even :041: ( Commonly used by grunts in the games ) and :053:.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Personally, I find the lack of a legit water-type (Suicune aside) to be troubling. In addition, we have yet to see an entry from the rock, bug, normal, poison, and flying types. I hope we see some of those included.
We do have Charizard and Gengar for Flying and Poison types, respectively. For the rest, though, it gives us reason to believe there's at least one Rock, Bug, or Normal type or one or more Water types still waiting to be revealed. An entire element is too big of a niche for them to pass up on...in theory, anyway.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Charizard and Gengar barely represent their dual typing in their movesets. Even Blaziken/Sceptile at least have Brave Bird/Toxic.
Literally half of Charizard's entire moveset involves him flying?
Sceptile isn't a poison type?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I think either this week or next week we're getting another 4 character reveals(like last time) one by the team, 3 by corocoro, and then perhaps one final group of reveals for release, likely in a direct 2 weeks prior to release, in the west and east, that also blow-outs all the details on what's(hopefully) a quite expansive single player(since Team Soul is developing this). Standard procedure is complete silence on single player until near release to not hamper the arcade version. I think we quite easily have 8 characters left for console release
Edit: Also official Japanese tutorial popped up

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So the Gen 7 hype has started with the silhouetted reveal of "Magiana"

Given how Munchlax and Bonsly cameod like Crazy in Gen 3's twilight years... do you think maybe something Pokken related?

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I'm only going to say this oncere. The reason that I personally would play this game is the fact that my favorite character, Dragonite, was at least included as a minor role being an NPC character. And not to stray off topic, but I just wanted to say that I am only enthusiastic to a certain point of seeing all of these more Popular selected Pokemon get a say about fighting. WWord for Word, Pokkken is average for me. I rate it as a 3.5/5 for my gaming score overall. Not bad, but DEFINITELY not the best game that Nintendo, and Bandai have produced. This game is ok, but My opinion of this game is that the characters are slightly overused characters, and that maybe some newcomers should have gotten the chance to have their star shine bright on the Battlefield.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I'm only going to say this oncere. The reason that I personally would play this game is the fact that my favorite character, Dragonite, was at least included as a minor role being an NPC character. And not to stray off topic, but I just wanted to say that I am only enthusiastic to a certain point of seeing all of these more Popular selected Pokemon get a say about fighting. WWord for Word, Pokkken is average for me. I rate it as a 3.5/5 for my gaming score overall. Not bad, but DEFINITELY not the best game that Nintendo, and Bandai have produced. This game is ok, but My opinion of this game is that the characters are slightly overused characters, and that maybe some newcomers should have gotten the chance to have their star shine bright on the Battlefield.
You really can't rate a game based on the popularity of the roster, heck that's not even a fair way to rate the roster, it should be based on the actual versatility of the characters themselves, not the "popularity" of the characters from a franchise as huge as pokemon. also we likely have 8 more characters to be revealed, and if does well they may add even more

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

Given how Munchlax and Bonsly cameod like Crazy in Gen 3's twilight years... do you think maybe something Pokken related?
Looking at serebii it probably won't be Gen 7 yet. It looks to be an exclusive mystery gift to Pokemon Z when it comes out.

Another indicator of the next game is the anime. They are still in the Kalos region. If they were about to move to a new one then I'd suspect a new generation.

Not like it matters but I figured I'd through some points out there.
WTF. "This game is 3.5/5 because they did not add MY favorite as a fighter."

Neither has Smash first of all. Raichu fans must hate the gaming world. Dude, its great you are passionate about something but theres something wrong with giving a game a 3.5/5 just because they didn't make Dragonite a fighter.

What if they hadn't included him at all? 0/5?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looking at serebii it probably won't be Gen 7 yet. It looks to be an exclusive mystery gift to Pokemon Z when it comes out.

Another indicator of the next game is the anime. They are still in the Kalos region. If they were about to move to a new one then I'd suspect a new generation.

Not like it matters but I figured I'd through some points out there.
Magiana coming from generation 6.5 is definitely a good possibility and one that I wouldn't mind seeing (Kalos could surely use a few more new 'mons), though revealing new generation Pokemon early on has happened before. Remember Munchlax? It's first appearance was in the Deoxys movie, and Ash and his crew were around halfway through Hoenn when it first appeared. There's even Lucario's first appearance which happened very early into Ash's adventure in Kanto for the Battle Frontier.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Magiana coming from generation 6.5 is definitely a good possibility and one that I wouldn't mind seeing (Kalos could surely use a few more new 'mons), though revealing new generation Pokemon early on has happened before. Remember Munchlax? It's first appearance was in the Deoxys movie, and Ash and his crew were around halfway through Hoenn when it first appeared. There's even Lucario's first appearance which happened very early into Ash's adventure in Kanto for the Battle Frontier.
Yeah thats true. It may be classified as a Gen 7 mon but we still know that Gen 7 is still a ways away.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Why am I thinking Lilligant evolution? Probably not but that's what I'm thinking....

It would be neat if Pokken included a new Pokemon though...It would literally be a completely new character for us...

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

Not sure. Considering there seems to be more of a focus on fan favorite mons and Pokkén probably started development a couple years ago, Magiana may be too new and might not have even existed yet when the roster was decided on. Who knows, though, maybe she'll pull a Corrin. It'll depend on what the decisions were behind the roster.

That said, I'm not convinced this is the start of Gen 7. We've had "third version" games get new, exclusive mons before--that means you, Deoxys and the Kyurem fusions--and the fact that Magiana has a key role in Volcanion's movie makes me think she's still Gen 6 and will just be a new addition to Z (or whatever the counterpart is called).

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
People keep referring to Gen 6.5 as the next game, when in reality ORAS is already Gen 6.5 in my mind. I guess that makes "Pokemon Z" Gen 6.75 or something...

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
So while we're waiting to see if Corocoro brings anything new, anyone up for a little roster talk? Here's what I've spent the majority of the last couple weeks working on:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So while we're waiting to see if Corocoro brings anything new, anyone up for a little roster talk? Here's what I've spent the majority of the last couple weeks working on:

How did I know you'd squeeze both Absol and Delphox into your predictions somehow?...lol

Let me share some additional thoughts...

Breloom-When it comes to other Grass types and their potential I'd rather look towards the concept of a Spore user rather than vines (since Sceptile does kinda have vines as well)...Breloom would be the best bet for this...could have some interesting animations being able to punch foes from afar with those stretchy arms of his...and possibly even set-up stun spore traps...

Greninja-I'd actually put him in Dewott's spot as the physical water type...like Dewott, Greninja has water-based throwing projectiles and as seen in Smash, Greninja can very easily wield his own set of water swords for some close range hurting...Greninja is a pokemon that is currently getting a huge push from the Pokemon Company with his Ash-Greninja form and all...Greninja can still have plenty to work from to set it apart from Sceptile...Greninja could very easily just go full on karate ninja as well perhaps even taking the water swords and shurikens a step further by summoning water sais, nunchuku, staffs and other ninja thingies making it a neat little weapon specialist...

Birds-I would love for Noivern to be in Pokken, my most wanted 'bird' pokemon (kinda), with the use of it's sound based attacks and everything, though Pidgeot is looking like a solid candidate for this spot, especially with that shiny Mega form...Staraptor is another fan favourite and for a time was even considered the closest we had to a fighting flying type since it can learn CLOSE COMBAT, and speaking of fighting/flying types let's not forget Hawlucha...Pikachu Libre may be that Luchadore, but Hawlucha still has abilities that set him apart from the second Pikachu...

Toxicroak-rather than Mienshao (not a bad choice by any means), let's add another fighting type that can stand out from the other fighting types in a different way...Poison is on the roster in spirit (see what I did thar?) but no Pokemon actually utilizes it, unlike Toxicroak with it's Poison Jab and Gunk Shot amoung other poison moves, to go with it's sneaky fighting style...could eve spew some sludge puddles as traps...

Ninjask/Yanmega-Galvantula is one Pokemon I have considered that could be interesting, especially as a special bug type, but I keep thinking about how one of these two could be utilized in the roster as well...Ninjask could be a VERY fast little combo heavy fighter that can easily land 10 hits for every 1 it takes, which it would have to because it wouldn't take hits very well...while Yanmega can be a decent long ranged attack focusing on special bug Buzzes and possibly using tricky movement to keep itself at a safe distance...I think of these two Yanmega is the more likely and more popular of the two but I think either one could make for an interesting fighter being the 'fly fighter'...

Mew-when it comes to 'clones' ironically Mew is one that comes to mind, perhaps he can be a heck of a lot more than just a clone though...Mew is probably one of the most versatile pokemon in existence outside of Smeargle and Ditto...Perhaps it's moveset could utilize Metronomes for some RNG similar to G&W's side B and it could even Transform into your opponent for a short time, perhaps even as a Burst mode...I feel like a couple more legendaries are in order as so far we only have Suicune and two Mewtwo's...

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
The new corocoro was released.

Unless Serebii has more info to share, it just mentions Mewtwo and its use of the elemental punches to rack up damage if all three hit.

It shows Mewtwo's Y form on the page but I can't read japanese so it could be anything. (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAASE LET BASE MEWTWO USE Y FORM! ;-; )

No new characters apparently.

Like Mando said I'm sure there will be more characters either before launch or after launch announced. I do think 8 is stretching it alot but I like the optimism.

Edit: Nevermind, the image of Mega Mewtwo Y was for Pokemon Tretta and not Pokken. All hope is lost. 3.5/10. I cri. ;-;

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Standard Mewtwo getting Hyper Beam is all that I needed to hear.
I'm also pleased by this.

This means both Mewtwo will have different moves.

I like your optimism! Your roster picks intrigue me. I think you chose well.

You cast a fairly wide net, so it will be fun to see how many you got right at the end of it all. I wouldn't be unhappy with any of your picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom