• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about you guys, but I can't take this update seriously. I know there doesn't seem to be anything funny about it, but I'm in school; that means dojo is blocked. I use google language to "translate" the English page into English, so I just did Spanish to English.

The filter picks up a few words, so for me it looks like Ivysaur's up special says "I came Whip".

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't know about you guys, but I can't take this update seriously. I know there doesn't seem to be anything funny about it, but I'm in school; that means dojo is blocked. I use google language to "translate" the English page into English, so I just did Spanish to English.

The filter picks up a few words, so for me it looks like Ivysaur's up special says "I came Whip".
The Pokémon Trainer commands three types of Pokémon. His down special move is a Pokémon Change, so each Pokémon has three special moves!

That’s nine in all. Amazing!

<Squirtle Up Special Move: Waterfall>

Squirtle splashes up the water torrent.

<Squirtle Side Special Move: Withdraw>

Is this the turtle’s so-called shell? It slides along the ground.

<Ivysaur Standard Special Move: Bullet Seed>

It fires a rapid seed barrage straight up in the air!

<Ivysaur Up Special Move: Vine Whip>

It can grab the edge with its whip! That was TOO close!

<Charizard Standard Special Move: Flamethrower>

We just had to have this. It is Charizard, after all.

<Charizard Side Special Move: Rock Smash>

It smashes rocks with its head. Bam! A solid hit from this delivers a mighty blow!!

Supplement your shortcomings and take advantage of your strengths. You must cooperate to push on!

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Squirtle's B = Bubble
Ivysaur's Side B = Razor Leaf
Charizard's Up B = SEISMIC TOSS - Come on! That would be awesome - it'd be like CF's/Ganondorf's Up + B - but the foe will be thrown straight down. It would only be a KO Spike at high percentages, but as soon as I saw Charizard, I thought back to the episode of Pokémon where Charizard faces Magmar above the Volcano. Please, Seismic Toss would be incredible!

Video Showcasing the Awesomeness of Seismic Toss - and why it should be Charizard's Up B

I thought of Entei's ability in Melee when I saw Ivysaur's Bullet Seed. All characters next to it were sucked into the Column of Doom - so I'm assuming it'll happen to a lesser extent for Ivysaur, all chars immediately next to it will get sucked in.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

this move really seems to look like Bowser's flamethrower, I wonder if it's gonna be the same in terms of damaging, but Squirtl's moves really looks awesome, and I'm guessing Ivysaur will have Solarbeam, but also am wondering, will each of them have their own Final Smash or wil they act as one to do a "Tri Final"

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I think Squirtle's B will be water gun not bubble.

EDIT: Also, people who think that there is going to be lag cause it looks like PT is giving the commands. Have you ever thought that maybe he gives the commands AND Charizard uses his move at the exact same time?

So you're technically controling Charizard, and PT just reacts to what buttons you press.

Vali

Smash Ace
I hope Squirtle has his B as water gun instead of bubble. Water gun is just more old school. :p

Sinn

Smash Lord
Aside from Charizard's Rock Smash, all of the moves are of the same type as the Pokémon right now. Is there any up B move that would make sense to be fire for Charizard?

Also, I wonder if Kirby will have a flower on his head for the Bullet Seed move =D

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Sinn, Pieman0920 - Charizard's Up + B should be his "Seismic Toss" - although admittedly it is a fighting type move, it'd be unique from just "Fly" (Look at Pit's Up+b, and Yoshi's Final Smash) and is very famous in the anime.

Rapiido

Smash Cadet
Well there aren't really any "flying" fire type moves, so Charizard will probably get Fly or something like that.

Anyway, for Final Smashes.. I'm guessin...

Charizard- Blast Burn
Ivysaur- Solarbeam (Frenzy Plant... just... eh.. I never liked it)
Squirtle- Hydro "Cannon"?

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Im gonna go ahead an guess that Squirtles neutral b move is bubble attack. Its his trade mark attack be sides water gun attack. Me i would love to have bubble attack, since withdraw shoot water. And Waterfall is just the sexiest uppercut squirtle could everdoo. But seriously tho. He better have bubble attack. U could put di into the bubbles after you shoot them. This would really add good straps and edge gaurd.

and what would be even better is is how much u can affect the bubble gun. Like the longer you hold b the bigger the bubble he shoots. Like a quicker version of pk flash. And for the small bubbls you would just tap b. The ones without any charge probably would face apponents. But the bigg bubbls would. Atleast thats how i think they would make it. Cause it'd be wrong for there to be some kind of set knock back with the bubbles.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
god, i love pokemon trainer. this is the most unique character by far. i will most def play as him. i LOVE that ivysaur has vinewhip. i just knew he would. but having bullet seed only shoot straight up, thats pretty weak, HORIZONTAL BULLET SEED FOR THE WIN!!!!. charizard's flamethrower is going to be wack like bowsers. rock smash will be to slow for regular use. i wonder what his upb will be? squirtles waterfall attack looks amazing. pokemon trainer, i sgoing to have a huge fanbase. hes going to be so much fun...peace

-hiroshi

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Good update.

Squirtle's Up B: I like this, very original and nice to look at. I think oppenents that collide with the water will be pulled slightly back like with Link's gale bommerang.

Squirtle's Side B: Something like this was bound to happen. At least his main recovery move happened to be different then Bowser's whirl. But this move may be more like Falcon Dive. Perhaps he will angle downwards in the air. Not the most exciting move, but it is nice to see water effects in the game.

Ivysaur B: Very nice. Shoots straight up. Seems like a new kind of move though there are comparison's to Piachu's thunder. Although I see this as a fast move to tack on damage rather than knocking people away.

Ivysaur Up B: Strange. I knew he would have vine whip, but I thought it was going to be his grab. So how is he going to grab? I think they should have given Ivysaur a non-recovery Up B (the bullet seed would be perfect) and have his grab be his main way to get onto the stage.

Charizard B: Disappointing. They really could not of given him another fire based move? This seems just like Bowser's (although I m sure it will play out differently). So will Kirby with a Charizard hat and a Bowser hat have a similar B move?

Side B: Interesting. In a way this could be an alternative Smash attack. Perhaps it is stronger then his forward Smash but slower. So it would be more effective on heavy, large characters.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Charizard B: Disappointing. They really could not of given him another fire based move? This seems just like Bowser's (although I m sure it will play out differently). So will Kirby with a Charizard hat and a Bowser hat have a similar B move?
I know it's a not so great move, but would he be Charizard if he didn't have this move? I don't think so.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Waterfall was just too obvious.

And I totally called Bullet Seed. Well, not as a special move, but still. Same with the sliding across the floor in Squirtle's shell.

Same with Vine Whip and Flamethrower, but those were really obvious.

That's all.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
It looks like bowser's fire breath changed slightly into a fireball form instead of a stream. Which was probably done to avoid charizard havin a similar attack as him

And even if they both have the same attack, I doubt both would hit the same way

One might push u back and the other might slowly lift u off the ground...

Just a thought.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Well I think this update pretty much (once again) reinforces the fact that Red is a three-in-one character. So I'm going to firmly stick to my belief that each of Red's Pokemon will have their own Final Smash, being Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon. and Frenzy Plant. In Pokemon XD for Gamecube, you could get a Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totodile that could use these moves at level 5. While Ivysaur and Squirtle cannot officially get these moves at their stages, the possibility shouldn't be ruled out.

As for what they could be like...

Frenzy Plant: Huge vines grow all over the level.

Blast Burn: Charizard spits fireballs into the sky. As they land on the surface, they explode.

Hydro Cannon: Squirtle spins around in the air, shooting water out of the four spots in its shell. I know it sounds similar to Hydro Pump, but it's difficult to think of how Hydro Cannon would work on a Pokemon that doesn't have a cannon. XD

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
neither have I. post link ftw
Go to the smash dojo and look under
Characters > bowser

And then look at the pic with the fire in it.

It doesn't look the same as it did in melee. It looks like a fire shot instead of a stream of fire like charizard's flamethrower is shown.

Might not be the case at all.

Looks like it though...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Charizard's Up B = SEISMIC TOSS - Come on! That would be awesome - it'd be like CF's/Ganondorf's Up + B - but the foe will be thrown straight down. It would only be a KO Spike at high percentages, but as soon as I saw Charizard, I thought back to the episode of Pokémon where Charizard faces Magmar above the Volcano. Please, Seismic Toss would be incredible!

Video Showcasing the Awesomeness of Seismic Toss - and why it should be Charizard's Up B
I thought Charizar'd Up B move would be a Flying-type attack.

The Seismic Toss can be his Grab + Throw Up move.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Huh...it could be. I just thought that it was the smoke effect of the part of the fire in front kinda obscuring it...if that makes sense. In any case, it does look a lot nicer than it did in Melee.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
I think:
Mario Fireball~Luigi Fireball
So therefore:
Yoshi Egg Roll~Squirtle Withdraw
Bowser Fire Breath~Charizard Flamethrower
It's been shown that attacks can look similar but not be the same .

I think one of his alt costumes should be the only main character that was bad-axe:

The Pokemon Snagger!

Conker1

Smash Ace
Haha! I knew i called it! Went looking at my older posts and I did call it! I got it a little wrong, but hey, I got the switching part right.

Posted on May 21, 2006.

Conker1 said:
Well I say stick the trainer as a way to use Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur.

The 3 Pokemon would attack for him(all his A moves)

Neutral B would use ether Ember, Water Gun or Leech Seed, depending on the Pokemon out.
Down+B would switch between the Pokemon
Up+B would send a Pidgey carrying him up with the pokemon holding on
Smash+B would have the Pokmon use a charging attack
EDIT:Actually looks like its on page 4 of this topic.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
well, all i have to say is that with bulbasaur his side better be razor leaf or i sadly will not pick him ...fine i will but i like grass attacks and vine whip is the closeest onnnne :/ but i was hoping vine whip would be in their somewhere i kenw it though, but i hope when your not falling, you get to contorol the vine, sort of like shieks whip but differtent with 2 whips and cooler!

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
eh, i do believe it could be called a waterfall, since he is going up and techinacally is not riding it he's behind it!
so i wouldn't call it that, so to me its more of a waterfall then a surf, im seeing as when he attacks the people fly up and the water pushes them to the other side and in surf everyone would just be pushed to the other side and not up then to the side, if you understand what im saying here

Top Bottom