• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I usually prefer Water starters but I like the grass one this time around. And the accompanying video about the Japanese kid going to Hawaii brought a tear to my eye. Reminds me of my own students but maybe I've had too much to drink.

The games look beautiful and I'm excited to see what's in store. The legendaries look interesting but not sold on them yet

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I like the starters but I don't know who to choose! Same for the legendaries! New region Alola is really nice, that's what I expected. And trainer customization? All of my yes!

For me this is a win.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The fire starter just doesn't do it for me quite yet. I was really hoping for something different like maybe a fire starter based off a hyena, mole, or shark. Still, I guess we will have to see the final forms later. The new water starter is growing on me.

I think I'll nickname these starters as:

Grass type: Sleepy
Fire type: Grumpy
Water type: Dopey

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Not really feeling the starters. :( I'm gonna have to see their final evolutions before making a judgement. I love the look of the legendaries, though. Moon's looks cooler, so I'm going to go with that one.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The owl is fantastic, the grass starters are almost always my favorite and as long as they don't **** up its evolutions it'll turn out the same way this generation. The cat has potential to have some cool future evolutions but the clown seal already looks like a lost cause. The legendaries look like Digimon though, the lion is just screaming SaberLeomon to me and the bat is a bit of a cluster****.

I'm getting a better first impression from these starters than I got when the starters of Gen V and Gen VI were revealed, so it's off to a good start. I also like that the graphics have moved away from the chibi-style of X & Y.

Last edited:
HYPE

I think both mascot legendaries are awesome, so it's going to be hard to choose between the versions. I'll most likely pick the Fire starter, although I'll have to see the final evolutions before I can make the final decision (last gen when starters were revealed, I disliked Chespin and was almost certain I would pick Froakie, but final evolutions changed that).

But the release date... WHY Europe gets it later than others AGAIN? Why can't they just have unified release date like they did with X and Y? :glare:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I love Rowlet so much. We'll have to see about evos, but that one's looking like my favorite.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Kinda eh on the starters. The owl looks more like something you'd find on the first route then a starter, and the double weakness to Ice (Beam) really sucks so I'm hoping it picks up a different second type when it evolves. The cat looks more like something from Yokai Watch then a Pokemon... The seal I'm kinda fine with even though he's the one everybody hates, lol.

Legends look alright, though they seem more like mega evos or primal reversions then the actual base legends.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Kinda eh on the starters. The owl looks more like something you'd find on the first route then a starter, and the double weakness to Ice (Beam) really sucks so I'm hoping it picks up a different second type when it evolves.
The odds of encountering Ice Beam so early in the game are very low. There is Powder Snow to watch out for though.

On a side note, if Rowlet ever gets Thick Fat as its secret ability (which is probably very doubtful), that would cause it to only take 2x damage from Ice-type attacks.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I don't know what to think of the starters, here.

I know for a fact that I don't like Litten's design that much. The other two are... Eh.

But I'm glad we got a bit of info about the games, now. Can't wait to see more.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The odds of encountering Ice Beam so early in the game are very low. There is Powder Snow to watch out for though.

On a side note, if Rowlet ever gets Thick Fat as its secret ability (which is probably very doubtful), that would cause it to only take 2x damage from Ice-type attacks.
Mostly it's that even casually people are going to have some Ice attacks because almost every Water 'mon can learn Ice Beam from a TM, and Ice Beam is always a TM. The 2x weakness to Ice is really just the tip of the iceberg, since it's weak to a bunch of other common types like Fire and Rock.

Though, the Kalos starters did have some pretty special hidden abilities. If he got one that lowered the effectiveness of Ice or SE moves in general he'll probably be pretty good. Not impossible after Protean, heh.

D

Deleted member

To be honest, I like the designs of the starters and legendaries. I don't have anything against them really.

The starter that I'm going to choose is Rowlet.

This alone made me want to use it. The typing is crappy, but I can work around it.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Picking the fire cat.

It's design is meh, but it's evolutions have potential. Awesome dark/ fire tiger

LOL, people judging the initial starters too much. Like everyone being "OMG Fenniken is so cute"

Then seeing it's ugly final form. Yet everything thinking Froakie was stupid, yet Greninja became the most popular.

I'm waiting to see, but from here the promise of a "Fire Tiger" has me more intrigued than the other 2

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So the new region Alola is based on Hawaii... which is cool. I hope to see new Pokemon based on Polynesian mythology and legends.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Absolutely loving the owl.

At first my reaction was in disgust at the typing but then I remembered competitive play destroyed the series for me, and that having a crappy type may give the game some semblance of challenge.

Still waiting on evolutions. Though Rowlett is probably still the one to go with so that he is SE against both other starters when the kitten somehow becomes Fire/Fighting. ;)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Absolutely loving the owl.

At first my reaction was in disgust at the typing but then I remembered competitive play destroyed the series for me, and that having a crappy type may give the game some semblance of challenge.

Still waiting on evolutions. Though Rowlett is probably still the one to go with so that he is SE against both other starters when the kitten somehow becomes Fire/Fighting. ;)
I feel the same way about competitive play in Pokemon... not only that but also because there are so many unobtainable Pokemon that you can get for a limited time (Celebi, Mew, Darkrai, etc.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mostly it's that even casually people are going to have some Ice attacks because almost every Water 'mon can learn Ice Beam from a TM, and Ice Beam is always a TM. The 2x weakness to Ice is really just the tip of the iceberg, since it's weak to a bunch of other common types like Fire and Rock.

Though, the Kalos starters did have some pretty special hidden abilities. If he got one that lowered the effectiveness of Ice or SE moves in general he'll probably be pretty good. Not impossible after Protean, heh.
Thick Fat halves Fire-type and Ice-type damage, but Rowlet would still take doubled damage from Poison-type and Rock-type attacks, so it's not like Thick Fat would fully help deal with Rowlet's weaknesses if it ever received that ability.

Of course, despite having a Rock-type weakness, Rowlet can be a threat to the Rock-types as well. Unless Sturdy gets in the way, the Water/Rock and Rock/Ground Pokemon will definitely hate the Grass-type attacks that Rowlet will have access to.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Both of the legendaries look pretty cool. I'm really torn between which version to pick now because of that. Heck, I don't think I've been this torn since Diamond and Pearl. The starters on the other hand... don't amuse me anywhere near as much. Rowlet's design looks incredibly dull and the typing isn't improving my thoughts on it. Litten looks cool, but it's nothing spectacular. Popplio... I'm actually not sure what to think about this one at all, aside from the fact that it looks cute.

:094:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'll probably go with Rowlett despite his terrible typing since Grass is my favorite type.

The fire cat looks promising though.

I'm not really a fan of another water seel but w/e.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone know the relationship between the bat and lion?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I like how the site elaborated on the biology and behavior of each starter. Like how Litten licks the fur off its body and uses it to regurgitate flaming hair balls. I hope that's an actual move.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Totally on board with Rowlet. More than likely getting Moon, as I hope it has some sort of relation to Darkrai and Cressilia.
Litten starter looks okay, and I hope that it doesn't turn into another Fire/Fighting. I don't really care for the water starter.

Also, kind of hoping the region is a lot bigger than a single island (or at least multiple) with a couple of cities.
From what we've seen so far, it doesn't really tickle my fancy.

Everything else looks great.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just elaborating some of my thoughts here...some things people have already talked about but I'll post it all anyway...

Rowlet
-Really neat, design is likely based on actual Wood Owl (which is very similar to Barn Owls)...Knife Throwers appear to be another influence...the leaves on it's front is an obvious bow-tie, while on the back the leaves seem to mimic long-backed tuxedos...this may be emphasized further with successive evolutions and will likely retain the Grass/Flying typing, although it's entry mentions kicking so Fighting is a possibility though I doubt it will lose it's Flying typing...it's stance has a very prim and proper look much like someone wearing fancy attire...

My second favourite starter so far...

Litten
-As of now it's just a kitten, but design cues signify it could very well evolve into a tiger with it's stripes and red and black colouration, as well as the patterning on it's forehead which is reminiscent of similar patterns found on a tiger's forehead...the Red tassels on it's jaw also are similar to a tiger's 'beard' which may be embellished later in it's evolutions...was interesting seeing the fur stand on it's back when it attacks...makes you think about what similar gimmicks we'll see from it's evolutions, some pokemon like Typhlosion and Blaziken and turn their fire ojn and off depending on their attacks so something similar could happen with this fire tiger...
I feel the most likely options for it's final typing is either pure Fire or Fire/Dark, but I actually can see this turning into a Fighting type as well (much to the dismay of many) perhaps a Kung-Fu Tiger or something...

Without a doubt my favourite Starter of the three, love it's Black and Red colour scheme with the Yellow eyes, and it has that perfect cat-like 'don't give a **** attitude'...Want my Fire/Dark tiger with a glorious Rapidash-like Mane!!!

Popplio
-much like real-life Sea Lions it maintains a very puppy dog like look, with it's pointed snout and floppy ears, it's personality is also based on sea lions (as they are pretty damn sassy themselves)...Very obvious circus clown/performer influence in it's design especially with it blowing bubbles and using them for tricks (and trolling Rowlets), it's snout in addition to having a red clown nose also resembles a party hat...Perhaps it may maintain a very circus clowny appearance as it evolves? I feel like it will remain a pure water type, though I have seen people speculate Psychic, Ice, or Steel as well (i don't know why Steel but I have seen people talk about it)

As cute as it is, I'm not feeling the circus clown vibe, I get it, but I'm not feeling it...my least favourite of the three...Litten and Rowlet's final forms will have to be pretty big fails and Popplio's final forms will have to be epic as ****, in order for me to consider it...

----

Solgaleo
-Definitely a beast! Without a doubt. The design at first immediately made me think of Arceus, if Arceus were a badass Sun Lion rather than a God Llama...
Fire/Electric to me seems an appropriate typing based both on it's appearance and on it's influence from the sun, seeing as Solar Power can be converted into Electricity...the staqrlit face and seemingly 'third eye' really gives this Pokemon a very cosmic feel, and admittedly I love it's jaw structure...almost as if this is what Pyroar should've been...
However, as a Sun Lion, it's pretty much what you'd expect...still badass as **** but nothing really out of left field...

Lunaala
-A very interesting design, at first i wasn't sure what I was looking at, mainly because it's something completely unexpected...looking closely it has a very bat-like appearance, but additionally it appears very skeletal...reminds me of when you shine a light behind a bat and you can see almost all of the bat's skeleton especially in it's wings...in fact in Lunaala's design if you look closely you can see what appears to be joints within it's wings very much like what you'd see in a bat's wings...It's interesting that the outer structure on it's wings will interconnect itself while it attacks which ti me gives it a very amorphic feel...much like it's counterpart it appears to sprout a third eye (if you look closely during it's attack) which in turn gives consistency between the two legends...in addition it's wings seem entirely comprised on the night sky...which REALLY gives it a very cosmic look even moreso than Solgaleo...in addition Solgaleo gave me an Arceus vibe while Lunaala reminds me of both Cresselia as well as Olympia from last gen...Olympia's cape and her entire gym had a very cosmic vibe, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed Olympia as a worshipper of Lunaala or something (she does have a darker skin tone very much like the Somoan's found in Hawaii or in the Pokemon's world's case, Alola) regardless that's just a small theory...as for typings....it's really all over the place; Dark, Fairy, Flying, Ghost, Water, Ice, Psychic....My money's on Dark/Fairy as it just seems to fit so well, once again, with this pokemon's appearance as well as it's moon influences...It's skeletal look gives it theme related to Death much like Yveltal, as well as it having a very mysterious and mystical look to it but still intimidating much like Xerneas actually...Dark and Fairy are two types I consider are related closely to the moon as well...just looking at Umbreon and Clefairy as examples...

Just by looking at how much more I had to say about Lunaala I'm much more intrigued by it, once again it was a more unexpected design as opposed to a powerful Sun Lion which we got with Solgaleo...don't get me wrong Solgaleo looks awesome and badass as ****, but I'm definitely more captivated by Lunaala's mystique...

----

Player Trainers
-Their designs are pretty basic which makes it a good base for customization which is pretty much confirmed from the Japanese Trailer, showing us now four skin tone options instead of three from X and Y (now we have an even darker skin tone for each gender available) there were minor colour differences seen in the trailers for some of the clothing that they were wearing which very well supports customization...
I think that like in previous Gens, the other gender that you didn't chose at the beginning will once again be one of your rivals in game...

Rival
-There appeared to be another trainer you encountered who would likely be another rival for the player...he had darker skin which to me suggests he's got a somoan heritage and likely is one of the locals you meet on your adventure...there was a screenshot showcasing him using the starter weak to yours so he may be a secondary rival, likely your other gender being the main rival...much like Serena/Calem & Shauna in X and Y...

Kukui
-Kukui is a name for a Hawaiian tree, that bears nuts...He releaved the region's name in the trailer to be Alola, but also refers to the player as cousin, which likely means...well, he's your cousin...quick theory is you and your mom (once again dad is nowhere to be seen) move to the Alola region with family that likely includes Kukui, who most likely invites you to see the professor...or is also a professor and is working with the other professor on some studies regarding...something, perhaps sun and moon related stuff for the sake of the game's plot...or eclipses or whatever...he also appears to be the one that communicates with the player more often perhaps similarly to Sycamore, whereas the other Professor would be more like Rowan for example...

Hala
-Hala is also a kind of tree found in Hawaii, this tree bears fruit...which follows the trend set from the very first game being the Professor named after a tree...So Hala here appears to be an older Somoan man, I'm getting a Miyagi vibe from him actually...(I can also picture him being covered in Somoan tattoos underneath that yellow shirt of his), either he is seen presenting the starters to the player and that's about all we see so far...It is unconfirmed so far but he is likely the main professor of this game given the fact that he infact gives the player their starter as well as being named after a tree, Kukui may be another professor also but seeing as he was featured more prominently in the trailer he may play a bigger role in the game's story than Miyagi Hala...

Player's Mom
-not much to say here really, just another mom character, as suggested above likely moved to the region with the player to be with other family, appears to have a pet Meowth...seems like I'll be a cat person in this game (Team Litten FTW)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just elaborating some of my thoughts here...some things people have already talked about but I'll post it all anyway...

Rowlet
-Really neat, design is likely based on actual Wood Owl (which is very similar to Barn Owls)...Knife Throwers appear to be another influence...the leaves on it's front is an obvious bow-tie, while on the back the leaves seem to mimic long-backed tuxedos...this may be emphasized further with successive evolutions and will likely retain the Grass/Flying typing, although it's entry mentions kicking so Fighting is a possibility though I doubt it will lose it's Flying typing...it's stance has a very prim and proper look much like someone wearing fancy attire...

My second favourite starter so far...

Litten
-As of now it's just a kitten, but design cues signify it could very well evolve into a tiger with it's stripes and red and black colouration, as well as the patterning on it's forehead which is reminiscent of similar patterns found on a tiger's forehead...the Red tassels on it's jaw also are similar to a tiger's 'beard' which may be embellished later in it's evolutions...
I feel the most likely options for it's final typing is either pure Fire or Fire/Dark, but I actually can see this turning into a Fighting type as well (much to the dismay of many) perhaps a Kung-Fu Tiger or something...

Without a doubt my favourite Starter of the three, love it's Black and Red colour scheme with the Yellow eyes, and it has that perfect cat-like 'don't give a **** attitude'...Want my Fire/Dark tiger with a glorious Rapidash-like Mane!!!

Popplio
-much like real-life Sea Lions it maintains a very puppy dog like look, with it's pointed snout and floppy ears, it's personality is also based on sea lions (as they are pretty damn sassy themselves)...Very obvious circus clown/performer influence in it's design especially with it blowing bubbles and using them for tricks (and trolling Rowlets), it's snout in addition to having a red clown nose also resembles a party hat...Perhaps it may maintain a very circus clowny appearance as it evolves? I feel like it will remain a pure water type, though I have seen people speculate Psychic, Ice, or Steel as well (i don't know why Steel but I have seen people talk about it)

As cute as it is, I'm not feeling the circus clown vibe, I get it, but I'm not feeling it...my least favourite of the three...Litten and Rowlet's final forms will have to be pretty big fails and Popplio's final forms will have to be epic as ****, in order for me to consider it...

----

Solgaleo
-Definitely a beast! Without a doubt. The design at first immediately made me think of Arceus, if Arceus were a badass Sun Lion rather than a God Llama...
Fire/Electric to me seems an appropriate typing based both on it's appearance and on it's influence from the sun, seeing as Solar Power can be converted into Electricity...the staqrlit face and seemingly 'third eye' really gives this Pokemon a very cosmic feel, and admittedly I love it's jaw structure...almost as if this is what Pyroar should've been...
However, as a Sun Lion, it's pretty much what you'd expect...still badass as **** but nothing really out of left field...

Lunaala
-A very interesting design, at first i wasn't sure what I was looking at, mainly because it's something completely unexpected...looking closely it has a very bat-like appearance, but additionally it appears very skeletal...reminds me of when you shine a light behind a bat and you can see almost all of the bat's skeleton especially in it's wings...in fact in Lunaala's design if you look closely you can see what appears to be joints within it's wings very much like what you'd see in a bat's wings...It's interesting that the outer structure on it's wings will interconnect itself while it attacks which ti me gives it a very amorphic feel...much like it's counterpart it appears to sprout a third eye (if you look closely during it's attack) which in turn gives consistency between the two legends...in addition it's wings seem entirely comprised on the night sky...which REALLY gives it a very cosmic look even moreso than Solgaleo...in addition Solgaleo gave me an Arceus vibe while Lunaala reminds me of both Cresselia as well as Olympia from last gen...Olympia's cape and her entire gym had a very cosmic vibe, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed Olympia as a worshipper of Lunaala or something (she does have a darker skin tone very much like the Somoan's found in Hawaii or in the Pokemon's world's case, Alola) regardless that's just a small theory...as for typings....it's really all over the place; Dark, Fairy, Flying, Ghost, Water, Ice, Psychic....My money's on Dark/Fairy as it just seems to fit so well, once again, with this pokemon's appearance as well as it's moon influences...It's skeletal look gives it theme related to Death much like Yveltal, as well as it having a very mysterious and mystical look to it but still intimidating much like Xerneas actually...Dark and Fairy are two types I consider are related closely to the moon as well...just looking at Umbreon and Clefairy as examples...

Just by looking at how much more I had to say about Lunaala I'm much more intrigued by it, once again it was a more unexpected design as opposed to a powerful Sun Lion which we got with Solgaleo...don't get me wrong Solgaleo looks awesome and badass as ****, but I'm definitely more captivated by Lunaala's mystique...

----

Player Trainers
-Their designs are pretty basic which makes it a good base for customization which is pretty much confirmed from the Japanese Trailer, showing us now four skin tone options instead of three from X and Y (now we have an even darker skin tone for each gender available) there were minor colour differences seen in the trailers for some of the clothing that they were wearing which very well supports customization...
I think that like in previous Gens, the other gender that you didn't chose at the beginning will once again be one of your rivals in game...

Rival
-There appeared to be another trainer you encountered who would likely be another rival for the player...he had darker skin which to me suggests he's got a somoan heritage and likely is one of the locals you meet on your adventure...there was a screenshot showcasing him using the starter weak to yours so he may be a secondary rival, likely your other gender being the main rival...much like Serena/Calem & Shauna in X and Y...

Kukui
-Kukui is a name for a Hawaiian tree, that bears nuts...He releaved the region's name in the trailer to be Alola, but also refers to the player as cousin, which likely means...well, he's your cousin...quick theory is you and your mom (once again dad is nowhere to be seen) move to the Alola region with family that likely includes Kukui, who most likely invites you to see the professor...or is also a professor and is working with the other professor on some studies regarding...something, perhaps sun and moon related stuff for the sake of the game's plot...or eclipses or whatever...he also appears to be the one that communicates with the player more often perhaps similarly to Sycamore, whereas the other Professor would be more like Rowan for example...

Hala
-Hala is also a kind of tree found in Hawaii, this tree bears fruit...which follows the trend set from the very first game being the Professor named after a tree...So Hala here appears to be an older Somoan man, I'm getting a Miyagi vibe from him actually...(I can also picture him being covered in Somoan tattoos underneath that yellow shirt of his), either he is seen presenting the starters to the player and that's about all we see so far...It is unconfirmed so far but he is likely the main professor of this game given the fact that he infact gives the player their starter as well as being named after a tree, Kukui may be another professor also but seeing as he was featured more prominently in the trailer he may play a bigger role in the game's story than Miyagi Hala...

Player's Mom
-not much to say here really, just another mom character, as suggested above likely moved to the region with the player to be with other family, appears to have a pet Meowth...seems like I'll be a cat person in this game (Team Litten FTW)
People use the word "Cousin" as a term like "Friend" often

Also, there is lilo and stitch where stitch refers to the other experiments as "cousin"

It could mean someone who's close to you that is as if family

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
People use the word "Cousin" as a term like "Friend" often

Also, there is lilo and stitch where stitch refers to the other experiments as "cousin"

It could mean someone who's close to you that is as if family
stating as a possible theory of course...I find it unusual for someone to refer to someone else as their cousin without there actually being some relation between the two of them...Stitch probably saw them as part of his family since they were involved with the same experiments...

either way...it would be interesting to be related to the (or one of the) professors...as I stated, it provides a possible motive for the player and their mom to move to said region, much like in Hoenn where the player's Dad was a local gym Leader in Hoenn...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
stating as a possible theory of course...I find it unusual for someone to refer to someone else as their cousin without there actually being some relation between the two of them...Stitch probably saw them as part of his family since they were involved with the same experiments...

either way...it would be interesting to be related to the (or one of the) professors...as I stated, it provides a possible motive for the player and their mom to move to said region, much like in Hoenn where the player's Dad was a local gym Leader in Hoenn...
It IS a common term of endearment in hawaii though. I don't really see much into it

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It IS a common term of endearment in hawaii though. I don't really see much into it
well I've never been to Hawaii so I wouldn't know...

like I said it was just a theory, not a really big deal whether it's right or wrong...but still a possibility...

D

Deleted member

First time on the hype train for a new gen :upsidedown: (Yes, Y was my first Pokemon game but I played the rest of the games later on.)

Here are my thoughts
I'm definetly getting Popplio, not only is it a water starter (The only Gen where I didn't pick the water starter is Gen 1, where I picked grass), it also looks really cute. Everyone seems to hate it for whatever reason, but eh. Hopefully that will change once their final forms would be revealed.

As for the other two, Rowlet looks pretty cute too, and it has neat typing. Litten... Meh, but it's not like I really care for fire starters all that much in general. It does seem to be the Charmander of this generation though. just wait until it evolves into an edgy dark/fire tiger and then i'd probably actually hate it

As far as the mascot legendaries go, neither really clicked on me in terms of their designs, so idk which version I'll be choosing. It's up to which Pokemon will be exclusive to each version.

Overall my hype scale is pretty high because it's a ****ing Pokemon game and I love Pokemon.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
so... the japanese trailer for this is alot differtent than the US one, and it confirms trainer customization

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I can't wait to play this game. I have the feeling that it will be style over substance like Gen 6 again. But the style looks really good. Finally the main series reached Colosseum in terms of overworld. It seems like battles will no longer have the ******** circles and be on the overworld, and like Colosseum the trainers will be visible during battle, again, nice improvements. And trainer customization is back! I really hope we can remove the hat, be able to get clothes of previous protagonists and be able to have crazy hair colors like white and blue. And starters, why does everyone pisses on Ploppio? It is my favorite personally, maybe because I'm a contrarian lover of underrated...

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
My biggest wish for SuMo is a difficultly selection available right off the bat. Even if it's just easy or normal activated by some super guide thing like Paper Jam I'll take it if it means that the final boss and champ will actually have complete teams.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Really hype for this gen, probably the most I've been for anything since Gen II Remakes. What do you all think about the region so far? I've seen some speculation that since this region is based off of Hawaii there may be more islands than the one we've seen. It is quite small just looking at it, and I really can't see how they're going to fit 8 Gyms on it, so perhaps that theory holds some water. That aside though, this region looks amazing so far. I'm loving the uneven geometry we're seeing around here, really helps to make the world feel more "organic". Really hoping we get to go up to an active volcano at some point. Also, #TeamNyabi for life.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At first I only liked Litten because I hope he ends up being a fire tiger

But the more I see 'em, the more I actually quite like the cat. Oh course I'm still hoping he turns into an awesome fire tiger...

If it's based on hawaii, I wonder if there is going to be an awesome sea turtle pokemon. Maybe it'll evolve into some kind of awesome leatherback pokemon. That'd be awesome

Picking the fire starter and having an awesome turtle as my water type would be great. Make it happen GF!

Top Bottom