• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Stadium 2

MJG

Smash Hero
Does anyone actually like playing on this stage? This stage screwed me heard at a tournament in a GFs set this weekend..Didn't even know it was legal.

If anyone knows anything useful I can take advantage of then let me know please...so ridiculous >_>

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
This stage is great! I absolutely love it.

Basically you just got to know the transformations and how they will affect you. Play on it some and you will figure it out man.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
IMO the stage presents too many obstacles that interfere too much with gameplay. The air stage makes playing against floaties basically unplayable. The ice stage makes you have to basically play in the air or you are gonna slide and be punished. THe electric stage makes slow running characters jump to get away (it could also severely **** up recoveries) and the rock part is fine. I don't think it is a good stage really...if somebody proved to me otherwise please tell me.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
I like the stage. The transformations keep the fight from getting too boring imo.

bobson

Smash Lord
PS2 is my opening to TOs when talking about making their stagelists better. Once they realize "Huh. There's nothing really broken about the stage, why am I banning it?" they're wide open for further consideration with the rest of the stages they ban.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I think PS2 is a nice counterpicking stage because it catches people off guard.

It is very anti-camp as well, and I have a lot of friends who camp too much.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
THe air part is anti-camp? Dude, multi-jump characters can stall like mother ****ers up there...

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
Do I like it? Very yes! For entirely irrational reasons!

1. It has colors other than Neon Blue.
    That is, it's not Final Destination (seriously, guys, pick Smashville once in a while, I hear it's a pretty good neutral as well). I get to look at something more visually interesting as I get my butt whooped.

2. It's a dynamic stage.
    I like dynamic/moving stages. I find adapting to a dynamic battlefield much more entertaining than a static one. Though, this may be due to the fact that I've mained Pikachu in every version of the game to date, as Quick Attack grants me insane mobility, making navigating around physical obstacles pretty easy.

3. The Air Transformation.
    Seriously, if for nothing else, I love it for this part alone. Not even if the ice transformation were the only other non-neutral transformation could negate my admiration for this stage. That's how awesome this transformation is.

I mean, if I want to, I get to fly... like with Thunder, or, depending on the opponent's character I can knock my opponent in the air and take Thunder pot shots while my opponent almost helplessly floats there, meanwhile I can Quick Attack back to the ground if I'm caught in the air.

This part is so much fun for a Pika.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Pit is a beast on the ice stage. If you do a sliding side B, the opponent cannot escape from the sliding. It once KO'd my olimar that way.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I hate every single one of the transformations. There's always some abusive property to them.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
i don't think that anything is too horribly abusive except the air stage by people who have multiple jumps. And each formation only lasts 45 seconds until it changes to a more suitable stage. It is by no means a starter stage but it has no reason to be banned, therefore it sits nice and cozy as a counterpick.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I hate this stage with a passion. The air transformation is the most ridiculous one out of all of them.
I love it. It lets me do fun shenanigans with PKT > PKT2.

Also gives me more air time, plus the ice stage is hilarious with Ness, you can "Walk the Dog" across the stage. :laugh:

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Rock stage is good, Ice is iffy. Might be ok if you learn it.

But Flying and Electric stages are intolerable. Air totally messes up combat to the point where you have to stall no mater what. It's not like PS1 rock or fire, where depending on where you are at the time you might not have to stall, or could at least use projectiles. You can't do anything until the air is gone.

Electric forces aerial combat. The platforms are too small and too close together to make legitimate combat, and the treadmills just end most characters recovery, aside from making ground combat impossible.

I can see it being Counter/banned at to's choice, but nothing more.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
Ironically, the ice stage works well for Charizard. It's fun catching people off guard with a sliding Flamethrower.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Ironically, the ice stage works well for Charizard. It's fun catching people off guard with a sliding Flamethrower.
Fire beats Ice

On topic nothing is really janky I suppose it shouldnt be a starter but a lot of people have yet to really CP as some characters befit on other stages more

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Why do you have to stall on air and electric? Usually when I play on this stage, I exploit G&W's amazing mobility on the air portion and my opponent's timidity to gain good position for attacking. On the electric, it's always a king of the hill style battle for the center; if you control the center, you use it to attack people who are anywhere else.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
The conveyor belts are just stupid. They're the only reason I dislike this stage - I rather like all of it otherwise - but those belts are just so stupid enough that I can't put up with this thing.

You can recover, land, and get up, and then still get pushed off into Helpless State, and miss the ledge for a TKO.

Then there's the fact some characters cannot get up from the ledge at all - they're pushed off while coming up with any ledge move - or can't get over the belts with a ledge hop.

The transformation says whoever has the positional advantage right now will ****.
The only funny part is that it can simultaneously ghey both players. At the same time.

bobson

Smash Lord
Mr. Game & Watch can taunt while on the conveyor belt, fall off and cancel the taunt, and then land back on it and taunt again without catching the ledge.

It's amazing.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm trying to advocate TO's around to let this be legal.

I can't understand why it's banned at more than half of the tournaments in the Midwest, yet Port Aero Drive is legal at some of these places.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Every character can make it up the ledge with a ledge jump I'm pretty sure. I know for sure the entire cast can make it off those ledges, and you really can't space attacks against the ledges very easily from the stage so it's not a bad solution to just stay there if your opponent is giving you trouble getting off them. Then, when your opponent begins moving to attack you off-stage, take the opportunity to get back on and seize the center stage again.

An important thing to remember in maneuvering them is that Brawl's physics don't do much to transfer momentum from the ground to the air. So, if you jump off the conveyors as quickly as you land on them, they don't move you very far back.

bobson

Smash Lord
Mr. Game & Watch can taunt while on the conveyor belt, fall off and cancel the taunt, and then land back on it and taunt again without catching the ledge.
I just discovered Mario can do this too.
I'm gonna start CPing EVERYONE there.

bobson

Smash Lord
That's a custom stage conveyor belt. The conveyor belt on PS2 is sized differently and has a ledge under it, so it works for different characters.

StarGalaxy777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StarGalaxy
The only probem I have with that stage is the electric stage if they would flip the conveyor belts so they force you towards the middle eitheer than that its a good stage

PS1 is the better of the two in mu opinion

Top Bottom