• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon characters for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Well here's my thoughts on the "open slot" situation.

Sakurai said that every character was planned before work was started on the game, except for Greninja who was down as an X/Y Pokemon to fill an extra slot.
Even Greninja was planned since beginnning. Greninja was planned long before X/Y came out when the pokemon was just a concept art. He stated that the Greninja from smash bros influenced the original from X/Y

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Even Greninja was planned since beginnning. Greninja was planned long before X/Y came out when the pokemon was just a concept art. He stated that the Greninja from smash bros influenced the original from X/Y
Well that's what I'm saying.
Greninja was planned beforehand, but first he was "X/Y Pokemon" added because there was an open slot.
I doubt that Sakurai would leave an open slot and not include Mewtwo or Jigglypuff, but what do I know.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Well that's what I'm saying.
Greninja was planned beforehand, but first he was "X/Y Pokemon" added because there was an open slot.
I doubt that Sakurai would leave an open slot and not include Mewtwo or Jigglypuff, but what do I know.
you know i might get hate and a little love for saying this but i don't want mew two or jigglypuff back they are along charizard is from gen 1 and they are 6 gens why is it that we can only have two pokemon not from the first gen

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
I placed a bet on Sceptile after the Greninja/Charizard reveal trailer. Why?

- We have a fire and water starter announced, it would be weird if Sakurai intentionally left out one of main starter types.

- Sceptile is the only grass type starter that would make sense including. How would Meganium and Serperior be playable? Also, generation 3 and 5 has never had a REP in the Smash-franchise.

- The remakes for Pokemon: Ruby and Sapphire were announced not long ago. Hoenn remains as one of the most popular regions in Pokemon to date.

- Sceptile has just received a new mega evolution and dual-type, grass & dragon. Also, Sceptile's design would make him a perfect combatant for the newest Smash. With his great speed and elusive Leaf Blade he would be absolutely perfect!

There's also some other options for new Pokemon in SSB4.

- Plusle & Minun. They would fit perfectly in Smash as a possible replacement to the Ice Climbers, should they be left out. The two was planned to be in Brawl, but they were cut out as some point. Plusle & Minun were also designed to represent double battles in Pokemon: Ruby and Sapphire, who has just received new remakes.

Mewtwo could be included in SSB4 because of his enormous fanbase, relevance in XY, inclusion in the newest Pokemon movie and because he has functioned as mascot for mega evolution.

- Hawlucha. Anyone that has heard about him probably has an idea of why he's likely to join Smash. Hawlucha is basically a wrestling bird with fantastic fighting and flying type moves. A possible moveset with Hi-Jump-Kick and the signature move "Flying Press" as a final smash could be possible.

I predict Jigglypuff to be cut in SSB4, mainly because her popularity has died over the past years. The only reason she was included was because she used to be popular in the Indigo League anime. Sakurai also stated at some point that he wanted to include characters that had a reasonable fanbase and were relevant to their franchise, which Jigglypuff is not.

Let's all hope that the Gematsu leak is incorrect, or that there is more characters that the leaker know nothing about.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well here's my thoughts on the "open slot" situation.

Sakurai said that every character was planned before work was started on the game, except for Greninja who was down as an X/Y Pokemon to fill an extra slot.

I have a hard time believing that Jigglypuff and Mewtwo weren't planned in the beginning (given Jiggs' O12 status and Mewtwo's "consideration"), so maybe the open slot was for a sixth Pokemon, since Sakurai may not have wanted to go down in representation.

Just a theory.
I honestly have a hard time believing Jigglypuff is in. A place is supposed to be reserved for her in every smash game forever, in the most competitive franchise (pokemon)- i say most competitive franchise for spots in smash because it has most character options, diverse representation, huge fandom, constantly evolving (no pun intended), etc.

So, yes. she forever has a spot in a series she is irrelevant in, because she was in the first? how absurd.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
If I were to pick another character (besides Greninja) from the X and Y series to be playable, then my vote would go to Hawlucha.

Last edited:

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
I said it =]

I just Said it =p

Wathever, mewtwo stands a chance as a DLC, bacause mario have 7 slots =]

You see how Nintendo gives a fuc* about how you guys love mewtwo? How important he is, how nice was to make him playable in project M?

Nothing matters, they just bring back Doctor Mario instead of the Mighty Mewtwo.

LOL
LOL
LOL

I
SAID
IT

=D

Last edited:

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Yep.

For the 10000º time.

I Said it.

Pray for some DLC **** or something, I just said it ;)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yep.

For the 10000º time.

I Said it.

Pray for some DLC **** or something, I just said it ;)
You were right for the wrong reasons though. Your main argument before was that Mewtwo couldn't get in after Greninja because then Pokemon would have more slots than Mario (which to some can't happen as some unmentioned but supposedly implied rule), but Bowser Jr and Dr. Mario blew that out of the water.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom