• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White: 5th Gen Meta Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
If you thought being forced to have certain pokemon to deal with Blissey and Heatran was annoying, the you're goin to really enjoy (sarcasm) playing around with the Meta Game of Generation 5. With pokemon abilities that borderline absurd and pokemon with stall games that are invincible with out having put out Toxic Spikes, this new generation has proven to be the most limiting of all the past gens.
In this generation, First priority moves are a must, Must, MUST. Often times you'll find yourself being swept by pokemon who get a 2.0 boost in speed just by having access to sand storm and with out these moves, you're fair game for being swept.
Another must have move is Toxic Spikes. With out this crippling invincible stall pokemon (which are very fast and take no set-up time)... they'll take out 2-4 pokemon before you have a chance to even land one hit on them.
There are quite a few other things that I havn't listed, but it's just a large headache sometimes and really limits the creativity that one may of had in past gens... The new meta game can be fun and really interesting. All past gen pokemon have been revised with new attacks and abilities, aswell as new pokemon to choose from. If the tiers do not fix some of these "advantages" the new meta game is going to take the term "cookie cutter" to the next level.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
1. We have a Poke Center, where all things Pokemon related go on this website, which can be found here: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57. This really doesn't belong here

2. In said Poke Center, we have a thread dedicated to the Gen V metagame: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286885. Even if that's not what you're looking for, anything you have to say about Pokemon goes in the PC.

...yeah.
Hey thanks, I was looking for something like this. Btw, your forum assertiveness is so cool, I wish I could be more like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom