• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Um. I don't understand. So why aren't people considering Manaphy or Darkrai for Brawl then? They've got even more special things about them than Lucario. Manaphy is the first "legendary" to be able to breed to make another new Pokemon. Plus, it isn't even the Mew of the fourth gen, Shaymin is. Pokemon Movie 9 also did better than Movie 8, anyhow. And Darkrai's movie has also surpassed Lucario's in terms of box office sales, and it's popular too. Even with Manaphy's special way of getting into D/P (through Pokemon Ranger) and the awesome nightmare plot of Darkrai, no one wants to consider those two.
Manaphy and Darkrai were already event legendaries in the first place.

charrr

Smash Cadet
I support Darkrai...
Also, he has a thread but no one posts there anymore.
Here's the link to the thread.
well he most not be that popular 'cause i never hear about him.
Darkrai's popularly is large, but not worldwide, considering the fact that your mainstream Pokemon fan, a kid that doesn't go to forums, doesn't know that it exists. When the movie Darkrai stars in, Daliga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai, is released worldwide, Darkrai's popularly will increase, but that's not going to happen until next year. My point is that Pokemon's worldwide distributors think that anyone outside of Japan shouldn't even know Darkrai exists until the movie comes out.
That explains the overall small popularity of Darkrai outside of Japan.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Here's the link to the thread.

Darkrai's popularly is large, but not worldwide, considering the fact that your mainstream Pokemon fan, a kid that doesn't go to forums, doesn't know that it exists. When the movie Darkrai stars in, Daliga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai, is released worldwide, Darkrai's popularly will increase, but that's not going to happen until next year. My point is that Pokemon's worldwide distributors think that anyone outside of Japan shouldn't even know Darkrai exists until the movie comes out.
That explains the overall small popularity of Darkrai outside of Japan.
not really people know about him because of that stupid game pokemon crater. (i was recently told he exisited by my little borther who plays that game.)

not really people know about him because of that stupid game pokemon crater. (i was recently told he exisited by my little borther who plays that game.)
Pokemon Crater? ... Only whiny 11 year olds go there! Oh wait that's most of the pokemon playing community... >_>; <_<;

Lol anywho, yeah if you can go on in the internet you can find out darkrai exists! O:

Black/Light

Smash Master
Manaphy and Darkrai were already event legendaries in the first place.
Mana aint a event pokemon. You get the egg in the pokemon ranger game if you put in some code from the ranger web site.

no one considers them because that means that they are not popular with people...
I would beg to differ. Darkrai is very popular in Japan. People here have yet to get popped by the Darkrai movie (inwhich case Im VERY sure lil noobs will hype him up like they did Lucario. "Ohhzz, the dark ballz are cool!!!")

Lucario is very much like Blaze and Deozy use to be. People called them the "most likely" for sooooo long that no other pokemon seemed likely from the 3rd gen until Gard scraped up some support state side. Meowth was also like that. . .the "most like new 1st gen pokemon". . .

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Mana aint a event pokemon. You get the egg in the pokemon ranger game if you put in some code from the ranger web site.

I would beg to differ. Darkrai is very popular in Japan. People here have yet to get popped by the Darkrai movie (inwhich case Im VERY sure lil noobs will hype him up like they did Lucario. "Ohhzz, the dark ballz are cool!!!")

Lucario is very much like Blaze and Deozy use to be. People called them the "most likely" for sooooo long that no other pokemon seemed likely from the 3rd gen until Gard scraped up some support state side. Meowth was also like that. . .the "most like new 1st gen pokemon". . .
by people i mean people who leave in the US fu..i really could care less about japanese people (love the women and the anime tho)

charrr

Smash Cadet
. . .WTH is a "fu"? And Japan is something you have to take into account in these things.
"fu" is a slang term for for directly referring to a person. For example:
By people, I mean people who leave in the US, Black/Light. I really could care less about the Japanese, but I love the women and the anime though.
What's popular in Japan does matter because Brawl is made in Japan, not America or Europe
or Antarctica or Mars.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
"fu" is a slang term for for directly referring to a person. For example:
What's popular in Japan does matter because Brawl is made in Japan, not America or Europe
or Antarctica or Mars.
obvisouly everyone knows that but they truth is i still love them people for the wonderful games and wonderful wonderful anime and dont forget women!!

wut black/light what are saying you dont know what a fu is?were u borning in the 70s even then thats not a good reason
Back on Subject:

i not tryin to put down darkrai or anything its just that whats up with him...what makes him so special...i never heard of him till recently... While lucraio and manaphy of heard of long time ago, and i suppose their popular with the little kids and i hear about this two from my little brother everyday ever since i bought pearl and diamond for him. (stop here 'fore it drag on to long)

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
obvisouly everyone knows that but they truth is i still love them people for the wonderful games and wonderful wonderful anime and dont forget women!!

wut black/light what are saying you dont know what a fu is?were u borning in the 70s even then thats not a good reason
Back on Subject:

i not tryin to put down darkrai or anything its just that whats up with him...what makes him so special...i never heard of him till recently... While lucraio and manaphy of heard of long time ago, and i suppose their popular with the little kids and i hear about this two from my little brother everyday ever since i bought pearl and diamond for him. (stop here 'fore it drag on to long)
YOU haven't, key word. That's irreverent, I'm sure they care more about what's popular in Japan rather than the rest of the world anyway...It is THEIR game, we're just getting it.

Fawriel

Smash Master
People called them the "most likely" for sooooo long that no other pokemon seemed likely from the 3rd gen until Gard scraped up some support state side.
*salutes while solemnly humming Gardevoir's anthem*

To be truthful... I don't actually expect Lucario to be playable at all anymore.
In fact, I don't really expect any new Pokemon anymore, as much as I'd want one.
Darkrai seems just about as likely now...

Ah hell.
I'll just stay out of both camps and support... like... Gallade or something. Yeah!

*salutes while solemnly humming Gardevoir's anthem*

To be truthful... I don't actually expect Lucario to be playable at all anymore.
In fact, I don't really expect any new Pokemon anymore, as much as I'd want one.
Darkrai seems just about as likely now...

Ah hell.
I'll just stay out of both camps and support... like... Gallade or something. Yeah!
Gallade?! GALLADE?!??!?! .... *has horrible flashbacks of gardevoir's deconfirmation*

>_>; I vote for no more new pokemon as well...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sure, Gallade.
I bet Sakurai was like "Why, this Gardevoir thing is interesting, but, oh my, everyone wants this Lucario fella, whatever shall I do? Oh, I know, I'll just compromise!" and then he takes Gallade and he thinks people will be like "yay" and then he confirms Gallade and he's killed by Lucario fans in a matter of minutes while I gleefully play as Gallade while squinting my eyes imagining it's Gardevoir.

Yes.

You may move along now.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Why all the love for Lucario? Sorry I haven't been following the pokemon games/movies, but everything about him seems like a rip-off to me.

First of all, the name ending with "ario"... sounds a little bit too much like Mario or Wario to me.
Second, everywhere I see him with some kind of blue ball in his hands... that reminds me of Mewtwo's move in Melee.
And last... although Pokemon is all happy happy fun fun, at least Mewtwo's design made him look powerful/interesting. All of that I find seriously lacking in Lucario... he doesn't even look powerful, just silly.

Why all the love for Lucario? Sorry I haven't been following the pokemon games/movies, but everything about him seems like a rip-off to me.

First of all, the name ending with "ario"... sounds a little bit too much like Mario or Wario to me.
Second, everywhere I see him with some kind of blue ball in his hands... that reminds me of Mewtwo's move in Melee.
And last... although Pokemon is all happy happy fun fun, at least Mewtwo's design made him look powerful/interesting. All of that I find seriously lacking in Lucario... he doesn't even look powerful, just silly.
While you are 250% right, now a bunch of lucario fanboys will start flaming you and telling you that's he's sooo original cause he's blue and how he has a spike on his hand and how he's super awesome for killing himself to save a rock

*hands you a flame shield*

kaid

Smash Master
Lu-Ca-Ri-O (which is how Japaneese Kanji separate the sounds) is O-Ri-Ca-Lu (Oracle, in Japaneese) backward. It is has more to do with his spiritual connection than any connection to Mario.

Second, the glowing orb is much more like Hadoken from Street Fighter than Mewtwo's shadowball.

As for the third... all I can say is to watch a sequence with him. Honestly held opinions are all but imposible to change.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
While you are 250% right, now a bunch of lucario fanboys will start flaming you and telling you that's he's sooo original cause he's blue and how he has a spike on his hand and how he's super awesome for killing himself to save a rock

*hands you a flame shield*
What have we ever done to you? I know you aren't a fan of Lucario and you are bitter about the loss of Gardevoir but that doesn't mean you should be a jerk to all of us.

What have we ever done to you? I know you aren't a fan of Lucario and you are bitter about the loss of Gardevoir but that doesn't mean you should be a jerk to all of us.
Ell Oh Ell... I'm not a jerk, I'm just warning him about something that has happened to me before. I said he wasn't original they complained and said he was awesome and he saved a rock or something. Besides, don't tell me what i'm bitter about... Mime Jr. for the win!

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Ell Oh Ell... I'm not a jerk, I'm just warning him about something that has happened to me before. I said he wasn't original they complained and said he was awesome and he saved a rock or something. Besides, don't tell me what i'm bitter about... Mime Jr. for the win!
While looking through the Lucario shrine all I saw was you say he was to similar to Mewtoo because he is humanoid and uses an energy ball. I saw people disagree with you but I don't think I saw any flaming.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
While looking through the Lucario shrine all I saw was you say he was to similar to Mewtoo because he is humanoid and uses an energy ball. I saw people disagree with you but I don't think I saw any flaming.
actaully there were some flaming along the lines there go back and look....i even flamed a guy over lucraio.......we lucriao fanboys are nothing but flamers i say......:(

Happened a while ago. I never said anything about him being similiar to mewtwo cause he's humanoid and cause he uses an energy ball

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
I'd say that Gengar, Blaziken and Dragonite are the most reasonable choices. Lucario is way to overrated

Yeah, i said it, Lucario is overrated, he would be good pokeball. If Gengar, Blaziken or Dragonite would make it in i would be happy, any of them. I don't see why Tyranitar can't be in, he could be heavy and powereful. yeah, Lucario is overated!!!! :)

kaid

Smash Master
I find it amusing that someone who mains Shiek is repedidly shouting that ANOTHER character is overrated.

This is what I gather from looking at your sig, anyway...

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm a bit late with this, but, god ****, that "Lucario was ripped from Mario" thing was so far-fetched it had to request asylum.

"Saved a rock or something". Come on, now you're being a jerk.

I find it amusing that someone who mains Shiek is repedidly shouting that ANOTHER character is overrated.

This is what I gather from looking at your sig, anyway...
*pokes kaid*
Don't drop to their level, dude.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
I'm curious.
What sort of role would Lucario play in the SSE? Event Matches? Any sort of continuity?
I mean, with say, Mudkip or Scizor, you could see them escaping from the pokeball and PT is trying to find them and gets caught up in the plot.

But mostly mudkip.

kaid

Smash Master
In all his individual incarnations (Pokemon Mystery Dungon, the Movie, and as Riley's pokemon in the game) Lucario is about righting wrongs.

In Mystery Dungon, he was the FAMOUS rescuer, the one you never meet, but if you do enough stuff, you might be compared to.
In the movie, despite personal abandonment problems, he goes to help rescue Pikachu, and later has to choose between his own life, and the lives of hundreds of thousands of pokemon. (and 7 humans, as well)
In Diamond/Pearl, he is the pokemon used by Riley (who looks JUST like Lucario's trainer from the movie) when putting an end to Team Galaxy's plans on Iron Island.

The Subspace army is another thing that the Aura Pokemon can quest to put right. Given the number of comparisons to each other, I expect Lucario and Mewtwo to feature i each other's stories rather prominately.

I'm curious.
What sort of role would Lucario play in the SSE? Event Matches? Any sort of continuity?
I mean, with say, Mudkip or Scizor, you could see them escaping from the pokeball and PT is trying to find them and gets caught up in the plot.

But mostly mudkip.
Ask that in the lucari shrine... Mudkip should be like escaping from a hoarde of people cause they liek him so much and then when he gets to a clearing near a pond. Seaking jumps out and goes ''**** YEAH SEAKING" and then Mudkip has to fight him...

Black/Light

Smash Master
I'm curious.

But mostly mudkip.
His role would be completely made up. He is a random pokemon in the games and I would think thet he would have a made up role as a result.
(If he got in in the first place that is.)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Nevermind the fact that he's the star of a movie with a pretty decent story... *sigh*
And don't give me the "movies don't matter" argument, there is more than enough evidence that anime and movies are being taken into account.

You people are horrible.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
In all his individual incarnations (Pokemon Mystery Dungon, the Movie, and as Riley's pokemon in the game) Lucario is about righting wrongs.

In Mystery Dungon, he was the FAMOUS rescuer, the one you never meet, but if you do enough stuff, you might be compared to.
In the movie, despite personal abandonment problems, he goes to help rescue Pikachu, and later has to choose between his own life, and the lives of hundreds of thousands of pokemon. (and 7 humans, as well)
In Diamond/Pearl, he is the pokemon used by Riley (who looks JUST like Lucario's trainer from the movie) when putting an end to Team Galaxy's plans on Iron Island.

The Subspace army is another thing that the Aura Pokemon can quest to put right. Given the number of comparisons to each other, I expect Lucario and Mewtwo to feature i each other's stories rather prominately.
Lucario died a lot in D/P. Leaving my Luxray to do the hard work. >:|
But that's not the point, of course.
I also have to ask if he were to get a corresponding stage, what would he get that would make sense other than that life-tree or something?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Nevermind the fact that he's the star of a movie with a pretty decent story... *sigh*
And don't give me the "movies don't matter" argument, there is more than enough evidence that anime and movies are being taken into account.

You people are horrible.
Im not even saying "movies don't count". Im mostly saying that they would make up some completely off the wall random thing for him (IF he gets in) simply because this aint some anime based game that HAS to use w/e thing that happened in anime or game to make a story linking them together.

Really, whens the last time Fox got attacked by a legendary pokemon before teaming up with Diddy? In what Kriby game did he team up with either Peach or Zelda? Hell, whens the last time Link and Yoshi got together? These are main characters with main roles in their own series and they have completely random incounters and team ups in SSE. . . .what makes you think Lucario will save the rock tree in SSE (with was never in a game I might add)?

And "You people are horrible"???

"You people". . .I knew you where racist:confused:

Top Bottom