• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

kaid

Smash Master
You discard the trends shown by the first two games for "not enough evidence." It's only fair to apply the same rigor to your own theory.

Black/Light

Smash Master
You discard the trends shown by the first two games for "not enough evidence." It's only fair to apply the same rigor to your own theory.
You can't make a pattern out of only 2 varibles. . . .My formula uses 3 with is enuff to logicaly assume that series with more than one character often times get characters in these roles.

Yes, Im applying the "you must have more than 2 variables to form a pattern" rule to my formula because Im also using brawl newcomers seen so fare.

Hell, even characters you all think are "most likely" mostly fall under these roles. . . .common sense put into a simple formula. Later, sleepy time....

edit. Might actually type the examples of my formula out when I wake up. You don't seem to follow what Im refering to when I say that Im using all 3 games. . . .plus, I should save it in a e-mail seeing as I can't find the last one I made.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Heheh... Since when is Jigglypuff the second most popular Pokémon?? Where are your sources... And... I thought it was Charizard (the 2nd most popular) Jigglypuff isn't popular anymore, face it. From all my friends when I ask which PKMN do they remember ****, they remember Caterpie more than Jigglypuff. And I agree, if there has to be a "female"Pokemon make it Buneary or maybe even Froslass... :D Well, actually as long as Lucario is in X3 I can accept any other character Sakurai wishes to include.

Heheh... Since when is Jigglypuff the second most popular Pokémon?? Where are your sources... And... I thought it was Charizard (the 2nd most popular) Jigglypuff isn't popular anymore, face it. From all my friends when I ask which PKMN do they remember ****, they remember Caterpie more than Jigglypuff. And I agree, if there has to be a "female"Pokemon make it Buneary or maybe even Froslass... :D Well, actually as long as Lucario is in X3 I can accept any other character Sakurai wishes to include.
jigglypuff has been the second most popular pokemon... for a very long time. Where do you get your sources for charizard? O_O; Also in this recent dvd survey for which pokemon would get their own dvd discs with episodes about them jigglypuff was second only to pikachu.

Also your friends aren't the entire world.

Random Opinion thrown in: Well as long as Lucario isn't in i can accept any other character sakurai wishes to include

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Jigglypuff's flower does make it look feminine, but its headband is more masculine than feminine. Crowns can be worn by both guys and girls >_>. I don't see how the costumes make it distinctly a girl if it could be both...

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Why is Scizor so low on this list?
He should be above Lucario. By at least over NINE THOUSAND votes.

And no, that's not a joke.

rayecho

Smash Ace
You can't claim that a character is in... I for one hope he isn't even in brawl as a playable character or as a pokeball.

Anyway Mime Jr. is teh pwnz
you can't claim that "Mime Jr. is teh pwnz" because that character ..............sucks. :) JK
but really, Lucario PWNZ all competition with out a problem.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Jigglypuff's flower does make it look feminine, but its headband is more masculine than feminine. Crowns can be worn by both guys and girls >_>. I don't see how the costumes make it distinctly a girl if it could be both...
Lets see.

One of her colors is a green ribbon tied around her head well everything else is feminine. 3/4s of all Jpuff's are female (the only pokemon in smash with that gender rate. Pika is 50/50 Mewtwo has none and the starters are like male 87% of the time.)

Put that together with the fact that Jpuff clearly looks like a female...

And bam, you have a pokemon thats important and looks to be a female figure in smash.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
My top three contenders:

Blaziken: My second favorite starter ever. Second only to Infernape because I loves me some fast pokemon. I thought about what it's move set would be and it struck me that it could be a luigified captain falcon. Fire punch, Blaze kick, Flame Blitz. The only one that would have to be different is the ^b which would probably be sky uppercut. Eliminated due to Clonieness.

Hitmonlee: My favorite of the Hitmons. It would be cool to have a character with really long kicks. It would probably have ^b:High Jump kick, >B: Rolling Kick B:Brick break and DownB: Low kick. It would be pretty cool actually but for some reason I ain't feeling it. Eliminated due to lack of awesome.

Lucario: Winner! I can just see him fighting. I also love that he is a fighting/steel type. Plus he is repping 4th Gen and is the star of a movie so he is much more likely to get in. I also love his mix of ranged and close combat attacks. I could imagine a bunch of movesets for him. He would have to have one of his Aura attacks and some classic fighting attacks.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Lucario: Winner! I can just see him fighting. I also love that he is a fighting/steel type. Plus he is repping 4th Gen and is the star of a movie so he is much more likely to get in. I also love his mix of ranged and close combat attacks. I could imagine a bunch of movesets for him. He would have to have one of his Aura attacks and some classic fighting attacks.
More Lucriao fanboyness

Is there something wrong with Lucario fanboyness?
It causes cancer

After thinking about it for a while... I decided that i want mewtwo and jiggs to return and those be the only pokemon playable. no pokemon are better than lucario in my book..... and my book has flap jacks

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Random Opinion thrown in: Well as long as Lucario isn't in i can accept any other character sakurai wishes to include
Ha ha. Don't tell me... You don't like him because he has a lot of fans?? :laugh: That's just plain stupid. Like a read somewhere around here (tell me if you don't want me to quote you):
"You are like the emo of videogames. You play with bad characters just so when you loose you'll have an excuse saying: Well, I might not be that great, but I'm cool because I use bad characters."
Accept it. Lucario will be in Sakurai isn't stupid. Check out that poll. Lucario > Every other PKMN there. Sakurai isn't going to throw in Scizor or Marowak for that 4.19 % Not even Blaziken (which would be a somewhat Captain Falcon clone, AND we already have a fire starter in Brawl, just think about it, this lowers Blaziken's chances) for that 10.55%... Just look at Lucario's popularity... 31.76% of the votes. I'm sure Sakurai would prefer that 31.76% people buying the game over any 4.19% or even 10.55%...

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Ha ha. Don't tell me... You don't like him because he has a lot of fans?? :laugh: That's just plain stupid. Like a read somewhere around here (tell me if you don't want me to quote you):
"You are like the emo of videogames. You play with bad characters just so when you loose you'll have an excuse saying: Well, I might not be that great, but I'm cool because I use bad characters."
Accept it. Lucario will be in Sakurai isn't stupid. Check out that poll. Lucario > Every other PKMN there. Sakurai isn't going to throw in Scizor or Marowak for that 4.19 % Not even Blaziken (which would be a somewhat Captain Falcon clone, AND we already have a fire starter in Brawl, just think about it, this lowers Blaziken's chances) for that 10.55%... Just look at Lucario's popularity... 31.76% of the votes. I'm sure Sakurai would prefer that 31.76% people buying the game over any 4.19% or even 10.55%...
Agreed. I don't get why people don't like things just because other people like them.

I hate him because i don't like his design and he sucks in the pokemon games. Not because everyone else likes him. Don't tell me why i don't like something

I know lucario has a high chance i'm not denying anything. The people on smashboards =/= everyone. You can't use that as any proof. how about sakurai uses the percentage of people that hate new pokemon and love old school first gen? I'd much rather prefer slowpoke than lucario in the game.

Sakurai can do whatever he wants, if he wants Tingle in the game he'll put tingle in the game. You can't claim anything as fact saying "Face it. Lucario is going to be in" doesn't make it so.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
I hate him because i don't like his design and he sucks in the pokemon games. Not because everyone else likes him. Don't tell me why i don't like something

I know lucario has a high chance i'm not denying anything. The people on smashboards =/= everyone. You can't use that as any proof. how about sakurai uses the percentage of people that hate new pokemon and love old school first gen? I'd much rather prefer slowpoke than lucario in the game.

Sakurai can do whatever he wants, if he wants Tingle in the game he'll put tingle in the game. You can't claim anything as fact saying "Face it. Lucario is going to be in" doesn't make it so.
The people on smashboards = most of the smash gamers. If not a really selective group. And Lucario has starred a movie so that made him more well known around little kids who also BEG their parents for this kinds of games. His design is just as awesome (or even a little more) than Mewtwo. I mean, come on, an Aura controlling Anubis?! PWNSOME. And I'm just 90% sure that he will be in because of the following reasons:

1. There will most likely be one Pokemon not from the first generation. Why? Because well... There's a reason Pokémon has more than one generation! They must be taken into consideration...

2. The character will most likely be one of the newest generations one. Just think about it. G&S got their opportunity and their wasn't any possible character. Ruby didn't actually get his opportunity, seeing how there wasn't even a 3rd Gen Pokémon in Pokéballs.
3. This time the latest Pokémon generation has been taken into account by Sakurai. This has been proven by having Piplup AND Munchlax as Pokéball Pokémon. This heighens Lucario´s chances.

4. Lucario has actually no real competition that I can think about rather than Blaziken whose chances are severely lowered because of the following: a) His moves consist on physical hits (punches, kicks, etc) covered on fire. Just Like Captain Falcon's moves. He would be somewhat of a clone. b) We already have a Fire-type Pokémon as a PC and that's Charizard. I would rather see any other Pokémon type represented here rather than repeating one. Now reviewing the types already shown: Electric, Water, Grass, Poison, Fire and Flying. What other representative types are we missing? Well I can just think of three right now: Psychic (Mewtwo), Fighting (Lucario) and Normal (Jigglypuff).

5. Lucario has starred a movie. This heighens his probabilities extremely. A non-legendary Pokémon starring a movie HAS to mean something! People who have seen the movie have (most of the time) developed some affection for Lucario's character and I'm sure most of them would like to see him represented in Brawl in a well deserved way, that is not a Pokéball. And don't tell me the movies don't have any inffluence on the Characters... Where has Pikachu's and Jigglypuff's popularity come from? The show. Where has Mewtwo's popularity come from? A movie, from the show. The Pokémon Trainer is the only PKMN Character whose includeness (sp?) hasn't been influenced MUCH by the show. And I say MUCH because, what is Ash? A Pokémon Trainer.

6. His body type is awesome for Brawl and he has a great movepool. Come on a bipedal dog? Awesome. His Aura Spheres and fighting moves could be easily used in the game. His Anubis like appereance is a somewhat unique one (please don't tell me he looks like Fox because he just... DOESN'T). And he could be one of the new fast characters to be included in the game.

And you can go check other Forum's polls about Pokémon who deserve a spot in Smash. Lucario is always on top.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman

The people on smashboards = most of the smash gamers. If not a really selective group. And Lucario has starred a movie so that made him more well known around little kids who also BEG their parents for this kinds of games. His design is just as awesome (or even a little more) than Mewtwo. I mean, come on, an Aura controlling Anubis?! PWNSOME. And I'm just 90% sure that he will be in because of the following reasons:

1. There will most likely be one Pokemon not from the first generation. Why? Because well... There's a reason Pokémon has more than one generation! They must be taken into consideration...

2. The character will most likely be one of the newest generations one. Just think about it. G&S got their opportunity and their wasn't any possible character. Ruby didn't actually get his opportunity, seeing how there wasn't even a 3rd Gen Pokémon in Pokéballs.
3. This time the latest Pokémon generation has been taken into account by Sakurai. This has been proven by having Piplup AND Munchlax as Pokéball Pokémon. This heighens Lucario´s chances.

4. Lucario has actually no real competition that I can think about rather than Blaziken whose chances are severely lowered because of the following: a) His moves consist on physical hits (punches, kicks, etc) covered on fire. Just Like Captain Falcon's moves. He would be somewhat of a clone. b) We already have a Fire-type Pokémon as a PC and that's Charizard. I would rather see any other Pokémon type represented here rather than repeating one. Now reviewing the types already shown: Electric, Water, Grass, Poison, Fire and Flying. What other representative types are we missing? Well I can just think of three right now: Psychic (Mewtwo), Fighting (Lucario) and Normal (Jigglypuff).

5. Lucario has starred a movie. This heighens his probabilities extremely. A non-legendary Pokémon starring a movie HAS to mean something! People who have seen the movie have (most of the time) developed some affection for Lucario's character and I'm sure most of them would like to see him represented in Brawl in a well deserved way, that is not a Pokéball. And don't tell me the movies don't have any inffluence on the Characters... Where has Pikachu's and Jigglypuff's popularity come from? The show. Where has Mewtwo's popularity come from? A movie, from the show. The Pokémon Trainer is the only PKMN Character whose includeness (sp?) hasn't been influenced MUCH by the show. And I say MUCH because, what is Ash? A Pokémon Trainer.

6. His body type is awesome for Brawl and he has a great movepool. Come on a bipedal dog? Awesome. His Aura Spheres and fighting moves could be easily used in the game. His Anubis like appereance is a somewhat unique one (please don't tell me he looks like Fox because he just... DOESN'T). And he could be one of the new fast characters to be included in the game.

And you can go check other Forum's polls about Pokémon who deserve a spot in Smash. Lucario is always on top.

Smashboards =/= most of the smash gamers. it's most of the tournament players. They're only a fraction of the amount of money that brawl will make compared to the casual players. His design is a blatant rip off of Mewtwo's they are trying to push this onto the pokemon players too heavily and that's a big reason on why i don't like him.

1. They will, being represented through pokeball items is just as good a representation as through a playable characters not to mention its better because more deserving characters can get in and it cuts back time on the developing of the game.

2. They can ALL be represented through pokeballs. Melee came out before Ruby and Sapphire maybe that's why they weren't in pokeballs.

3. Yes it does, as appearing in a pokeball.

4. Lucario can't do anything either! What can he do? Shoot a wave bomb and punch and kick and WITHOUT fire. >_>; Random Opinion thingy: I'd rather have blaziken than lucario, I'd rather have anything than lucario, i'd rather have nothing than lucario.

5. So what. Deoxys was in a movie and is MUCH more popular than lucario. Lucario's movie is two years old, Darkrai would be a better representation of the fourth generation since he is very popular in japan and his movie is fresh in everyone's mind. yeah who else was popular because of the show... Oh yeah Meowth! Everyone knows who meowth is, he is one of the most popular pokemon ever. Lucario cant' even compare to meowth's popularity, and what happened to much much much more popular pokemon? He was put inside a pokeball

6. His body type is just copying off of mewtwo! Also he does look like fox, i can see him as a fox clone at best.
B- Aura Sphere
B>- Extreme Speed
B^- Blaze Kick
Bv- Protect

Fawriel

Smash Master
WaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitWAIT.

Lucario's body type is a rip-off of Mewtwo's? That's like saying that Mewtwo's design is a blatant rip-off of Meowths or something like that. They're vaguely anthropomorphic animals, that's all.

... and I really don't see why you would hate Lucario that much. I mean, honestly. I can understand very well how one would not like him, but I can see nothing actually hateworthy about him. If anything, his design is average. Nothing compared to the lousiness of something like Tangrowth or so.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Smashboards =/= most of the smash gamers. it's most of the tournament players. They're only a fraction of the amount of money that brawl will make compared to the casual players. His design is a blatant rip off of Mewtwo's they are trying to push this onto the pokemon players too heavily and that's a big reason on why i don't like him.

1. They will, being represented through pokeball items is just as good a representation as through a playable characters not to mention its better because more deserving characters can get in and it cuts back time on the developing of the game.

2. They can ALL be represented through pokeballs. Melee came out before Ruby and Sapphire maybe that's why they weren't in pokeballs.

3. Yes it does, as appearing in a pokeball.

4. Lucario can't do anything either! What can he do? Shoot a wave bomb and punch and kick and WITHOUT fire. >_>; Random Opinion thingy: I'd rather have blaziken than lucario, I'd rather have anything than lucario, i'd rather have nothing than lucario.

5. So what. Deoxys was in a movie and is MUCH more popular than lucario. Lucario's movie is two years old, Darkrai would be a better representation of the fourth generation since he is very popular in japan and his movie is fresh in everyone's mind. yeah who else was popular because of the show... Oh yeah Meowth! Everyone knows who meowth is, he is one of the most popular pokemon ever. Lucario cant' even compare to meowth's popularity, and what happened to much much much more popular pokemon? He was put inside a pokeball

6. His body type is just copying off of mewtwo! Also he does look like fox, i can see him as a fox clone at best.
B- Aura Sphere
B>- Extreme Speed
B^- Blaze Kick
Bv- Protect
1. Nope, actually as a character. Pichu was in so this severely CORRUPTS your theory of: "Only first Gen PKMN."

2. I know that about 3rd, that's why I'm saying they didn't have a chance. But there must be a none clone other gen representative. Why? As I said. Pokémon has four gens. NOT ONLY ONE. (PD: I'm writing in caps to emphasize that phrase, not "yelling".)

3. Then why have most of the pokémon announced been candidates to characters? We're only missing two there. And that is Lucario and Blaziken.

4. What can he do?! Please... Tell me you didn't just say that...
By Level up:
Start Quick Attack
Foresight
Detect
Metal Claw
Dark Pulse
6 Counter
11 Force Palm
15 Feint
19 Bone Rush
24 Metal Sound
29 Me First
33 Swords Dance
37 Aura Sphere
42 Close Combat
47 Dragon Pulse
51 Extremespeed

By TM/HM:
TM01 Focus Punch
TM03 Water Pulse
TM04 Calm Mind
TM05 Roar
TM06 Toxic
TM08 Bulk Up
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM23 Iron Tail
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM52 Focus Blast
TM56 Fling
TM58 Endure
TM59 Dragon Pulse
TM60 Drain Punch
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Payback
TM68 Giga Impact
TM71 Stone Edge
TM75 Swords Dance
TM78 Captivate
TM79 Dark Pulse
TM80 Rock Slide
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
TM91 Flash Cannon
HM04 Strength
HM06 Rock Smash
HM08 Rock Climb

By Breeding:
* Agility
* Bite
* Blaze Kick
* Bullet Punch
* Cross Chop
* Crunch
* Detect
* Hi Jump Kick
* Iron Defense
* Low Kick
* Mind Reader
* Sky Uppercut
* Vacuum Wave

5. Nope Deoxys isn't MUCH more popular than Lucario. He is a little more popular and Lucario can fit in as a character pretty well too. Lucario isn't as popular just because he is newer, that's it. Also 4th Gen is supposed to be a revolution in Pokémon, implementing many game-mechanics and what not.... This "revolution" must have a playable representative.

6. That's just because you don't have imagination :) A completely different moveset, for instance could be:
B: Aura Sphere
>B: Drain Punch (Awesome and unique move.)
^B: Sky Uppercut OR Rock Climb
vB: Mind Reader OR Close Combat

1. Nope, actually as a character. Pichu was in so this severely CORRUPTS your theory of: "Only first Gen PKMN."

2. I know that about 3rd, that's why I'm saying they didn't have a chance. But there must be a none clone other gen representative. Why? As I said. Pokémon has four gens. NOT ONLY ONE. (PD: I'm writing in caps to emphasize that phrase, not "yelling".)

3. Then why have most of the pokémon announced been candidates to characters? We're only missing two there. And that is Lucario and Blaziken.

4. What can he do?! Please... Tell me you didn't just say that...
By Level up:
Start Quick Attack
Foresight
Detect
Metal Claw
Dark Pulse
6 Counter
11 Force Palm
15 Feint
19 Bone Rush
24 Metal Sound
29 Me First
33 Swords Dance
37 Aura Sphere
42 Close Combat
47 Dragon Pulse
51 Extremespeed

By TM/HM:
TM01 Focus Punch
TM03 Water Pulse
TM04 Calm Mind
TM05 Roar
TM06 Toxic
TM08 Bulk Up
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM23 Iron Tail
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM52 Focus Blast
TM56 Fling
TM58 Endure
TM59 Dragon Pulse
TM60 Drain Punch
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Payback
TM68 Giga Impact
TM71 Stone Edge
TM75 Swords Dance
TM78 Captivate
TM79 Dark Pulse
TM80 Rock Slide
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
TM91 Flash Cannon
HM04 Strength
HM06 Rock Smash
HM08 Rock Climb

By Breeding:
* Agility
* Bite
* Blaze Kick
* Bullet Punch
* Cross Chop
* Crunch
* Detect
* Hi Jump Kick
* Iron Defense
* Low Kick
* Mind Reader
* Sky Uppercut
* Vacuum Wave

5. Nope Deoxys isn't MUCH more popular than Lucario. He is a little more popular and Lucario can fit in as a character pretty well too. Lucario isn't as popular just because he is newer, that's it. Also 4th Gen is supposed to be a revolution in Pokémon, implementing many game-mechanics and what not.... This "revolution" must have a playable representative.

6. That's just because you don't have imagination :) A completely different moveset, for instance could be:
B: Aura Sphere
>B: Drain Punch (Awesome and unique move.)
^B: Sky Uppercut OR Rock Climb
vB: Mind Reader OR Close Combat
1. I never said it was a theory... I said that brawl should have only 1st gen pokemon playable. Most pokemon fans are old school people who only like the first and second gen and think anything after that is stupid and uncreative. Therefore we should appeal to mass audiences and only allow first gen pokemon to be playable.

2. There are many non clone representatives! Every single pokemon in the game could be given a unique and fresh moveset. The 'representatives' around here are just pokemon people THINK are the best. That's opinion. Treecko could have a really unique moveset and would be a non clone pokemon. He's a representative of the third gen and isn't a clone. Just because Blaziken seems like the only 3rd gen choice in your mind doesn't make it so.

3. There's no such thing as canidates.

4. I guess mew is confirmed to be a playable character. The reason i said that is because it wouldn't look good. You can list all those tm's but you know in your heart that lucario will not use water pulse if he manages to get his unworthy butt in as a playable character.

5. Deoxys is much more popular than lucario. Smashboards =/= the world like i've said before.

6. That doesn't seem unique at all. He doesn't have anything going for him moveset wise

WaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitWAIT.

Lucario's body type is a rip-off of Mewtwo's? That's like saying that Mewtwo's design is a blatant rip-off of Meowths or something like that. They're vaguely anthropomorphic animals, that's all.

... and I really don't see why you would hate Lucario that much. I mean, honestly. I can understand very well how one would not like him, but I can see nothing actually hateworthy about him. If anything, his design is average. Nothing compared to the lousiness of something like Tangrowth or so.
Lucario is sooo hateworthy for me. And yes his design is a rip off of mewtwo's. If you were around when lucario was first revealed as a black out nearly EVERYONE though that it was mewthree or something.

Tangrowth is awesome, i hope he gets in over lucario

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Lucario is sooo hateworthy for me. And yes his design is a rip off of mewtwo's. If you were around when lucario was first revealed as a black out nearly EVERYONE though that it was mewthree or something.

Tangrowth is awesome, i hope he gets in over lucario

If you honestly think the second of these is a ripoff of the first, you really need your eyes checked.

As for your last sentence...

MOJONBO RULES HERE

(if anyone gets that they're awesome)

If you honestly think the second of these is a ripoff of the first, you really need your eyes checked.

As for your last sentence...

MOJONBO RULES HERE

(if anyone gets that they're awesome)
I think you need to get your eyes checked... Can't you see it?!?!? I know i'm not the only one who sees this... >_>; Besides what can lucario do that mewtwo can't?

You kinda have a valid point on that lucraio does look somewhat like mewtwo. But your wrong on that they are the same. They are very different in many ways.
I'm not saying they're the same but i can't see lucario doing anything that mewtwo can't. I mean mewtwo is much much much more different than lucario, yet at the same time he can do all the things that mewtwo can do... and more O:

Boofer

Smash Ace
I'm not saying they're the same but i can't see lucario doing anything that mewtwo can't. I mean mewtwo is much much much more different than lucario, yet at the same time he can do all the things that mewtwo can do... and more O:
Now I know very little about 4th gen pokemon, but last I checked they had very different moves. I will say that they are kind of similar though, in that they are both humanoid like and have energy ball moves. This might hurt the chances of the two co-existing in a smash game, but I think they could easily make Mewtwo and Lucario fight differently. I think at least one of them will definitely be playable.

ps. for some reason, I think they would have revealed lucario as a pokeball by now if he wasn't playable.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
I think you need to get your eyes checked... Can't you see it?!?!? I know i'm not the only one who sees this... >_>; Besides what can lucario do that mewtwo can't?
By your logic any other bipedial mammal Pokemon with large ears is a ripoff of Mewtwo.

By your logic any other bipedial mammal Pokemon with large ears is a ripoff of Mewtwo.
What logic? I never stated any reason why they look alike, don't put words in my mouth. And yeah if they don't put enough effort in designing something a large bipedal animal would look like mewtwo. Maybe they put too much effort on lucario seeing as how Lopunny looks completely different from Mewtwo yet still having a simplistic design. They just borrowed too much of mewtwo's design upon creating lucario, i just use rip off cause i have an extreme dislike toward lucario... >_>;

rayecho

Smash Ace
well theres a lot of pokemon that have humanoid like bodies as well as Lucario (EX.Blaziken, Infernape, Machamp). but does that mean that their ALL ripoffs of one character?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Actually, I think Mewtwo is a ripoff of Mew. Even though Mewtwo's number is lower, Wasn't Mewtwo made by using Mew's genes?
You mean mewtwo is a rip off of mew right?

Mewtwo is a redesign of mew. It was intended to look like mew, when designing lucario he was probably unintentionally given too many traits of lucario

I can't believe you didn't catch the sarcasm in my statement...

kaid

Smash Master
Humanshape is even an egg groop.

While there are similarities between Lucario and Mewtwo, not just in appearence, but also storyline, these similarities simply emphasize their differences.

Mewtwo was created by scientists, taken in by Giovani, trained, betrayed, and took off on his own to take over the world, where he gets the "why can't we all get along" treatment from Ash.
Lucario was found in the wild, taken in by Auron, trained, seemingly betrayed, sealed away for a thousand years... and, while still feeling sorry for himself, pulls himself together enough to go save Pikachu's worthless ***, with Ash tagging along behind him.

Lucario is a flawed hero, if any of you take literature. It means he has human emotions, human frailties.... and rises above them to be a hero anyway.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Humanshape is even an egg groop.

While there are similarities between Lucario and Mewtwo, not just in appearence, but also storyline, these similarities simply emphasize their differences.

Mewtwo was created by scientists, taken in by Giovani, trained, betrayed, and took off on his own to take over the world, where he gets the "why can't we all get along" treatment from Ash.
Lucario was found in the wild, taken in by Auron, trained, seemingly betrayed, sealed away for a thousand years... and, while still feeling sorry for himself, pulls himself together enough to go save Pikachu's worthless ***, with Ash tagging along behind him.

Lucario is a flawed hero, if any of you take literature. It means he has human emotions, human frailties.... and rises above them to be a hero anyway.
I appauld u on your know-how you are on a 'nother level my friend.

Top Bottom