• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters
I love Eevee and Flareon and Jolteon and Vaporeon and Umbreon and Espeon and Leafeon and Glaceon. That would be a great pokeball, Eevee comes out and evolves into one of his forms and attacks.
See, now I like that idea. Eevee would work best like that, definitely

As for playable, I'd go with Lucario, Scizor, Blaziken and/or Pichu Bros./Plusle&Minun

Lucario because it has such awesome, original and unique techniques to use, it's actually a Fighting type, it's got a movie based on it, it's famous and FREAKIN' AWESOME...what more is there? It's almost perfect for a fighting game. No other Pokemon needs to be in as much as Lucario. I'd main him in a second.

Scizor because he, like Lucario, is a very unique, very powerful Pokemon who could act as the next Fox (high speed, fast falling), but also heavyish, with slow ending moves that start fast. It could also be able to glide, and have excelling air combat. Although it's kinda hard to see Scizor in a Brawl match...but cool nonetheless...

Blaziken. He's awesome. Need I say more? Sky Uppercut. Blaze Kick. Brave Bird. If this isn't a Brawl worthy Pokemon, I'd be hard pressed to think of another. This would make his popularity rocket to the FREAKIN' MOON. He'd be the new Captain Falcon, albeit faster with better jumping skill, and lighter weight. Highly recommended. I'd also main Blaziken in a second.

Pichu Bros./Plusle&Minun would replace Pichu, and be kind of like Ice Climbers on speed, much lighter, and electrical. They'd have attacks based on the two of them, but instead of just simultaneous attacks, they'd have successive attacks. Example would be pressing B to do Thundershock, and pressing it rapidly would produce one after another successively, but slowly so as to not be super broken. It's kinda hard to imagine them in action, but I'd play them once or twice...

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
Lucario has a great chance of getting in, it's moveset is very powerful (Aura sphere, Force palm, Close combat, etc.), it's Steel/Fighting type and humanoid-like form makes him an excellent character for Brawl.

Darkrai's an uber Pokemon. Moreso than Mewtwo and Deoxys combined. So that could run the risk of being either super overpowered (Fox) or incredibly weak (Mewtwo). Granted, he'd have some cool and original moves to be sure...and it'd be the ultimate advertisement for the Dialga vs Palkia vs DARKRAI~ movie soon to be out in Japan. However, Darkrai is a recluse, and a very disgruntled one at that (Attacking people in their dreams? Darkrai = Freddie Kruger). I'd doubt it'd be within the Pokemon itself for it to actually "fight" others (It IS the "Nightmare" Pokemon...), but, nevertheless, Darkrai making an apperance would definitely be interesting.

If anything, I'd assume that Darkrai would be a Pokeball...It'd drop everyone to sleeping status, and then slowly do, like, 4% damage a second for 5 seconds. I like it...:D

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Darkrai's an uber Pokemon. Moreso than Mewtwo and Deoxys combined. So that could run the risk of being either super overpowered (Fox) or incredibly weak (Mewtwo). Granted, he'd have some cool and original moves to be sure...and it'd be the ultimate advertisement for the Dialga vs Palkia vs DARKRAI~ movie soon to be out in Japan. However, Darkrai is a recluse, and a very disgruntled one at that (Attacking people in their dreams? Darkrai = Freddie Kruger). I'd doubt it'd be within the Pokemon itself for it to actually "fight" others (It IS the "Nightmare" Pokemon...), but, nevertheless, Darkrai making an apperance would definitely be interesting.

If anything, I'd assume that Darkrai would be a Pokeball...It'd drop everyone to sleeping status, and then slowly do, like, 4% damage a second for 5 seconds. I like it...:D
Explain Mewtwo being Bottom Tier in Melee.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Mewtwo's stats are actually better than Darkrai's stats. The movie was released in Japan during the summer, so it's not "soon to be out" =P. I think he should be a Pokeball Pokemon. When he comes out, he uses Dark Void to put everyone to sleep. Then everyone who's asleep will continue to receive damage until they wake.

Dr.Z

Smash Cadet
There won't be any more pokemon characters. Developers of smash stopped that one after the creation of Pokemon Trainer, they made him so they wouldn't make anymore pokemon and I surely thank them for that. Sorry about being negative about it but it's more then likely true.

Once again this thread makes me want to vomit out my internal organs... Let's do this as quickly as possible.

* Deoxys and Mewtwo utterly destroy and **** darkrai's dead body in battle

* the movie already came out in japan

* Darkrai was actually fighting and showing itself in the movie, not relying on people's dreams to get around

* darkrai is much more popular than lucario

* Lucario didn't even make it onto sakurai's poll while gardevoir did... and who was turned into a pokeball?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
People just don't get it. Darkrai's only chance of being in Brawl is if it's in a Poke Ball. It doesn't fit anywhere else.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace

OBJECTION!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Lucario is the only Pokemon that stands a real chance sadly, but I dunno Buizel could make it considering it's new found show importance. Dragonite would be awsome, but now that Charizard is playable, I don't really care what other pokemon are (aside from Jiggles and Mewtwo).

Snakz

Smash Ace
Im not quite sure i understand, im not trying to flame, but why do you guys consider Blaziken such a strong choice?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Im not quite sure i understand, im not trying to flame, but why do you guys consider Blaziken such a strong choice?
Cause people are suckers for "coo lookn fighting types" and think they stand the "most chance" for trival reasons (none of which are reliable I might add).

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Hey, it seems Rayquaza's going to be a boss in the game. If that's so, then pretty cool.

As for playable character, Hariyama for Brawl!

Cerulean_Charizard

Smash Cadet
I'd rather have a more unusual Pokemon than what people have suggested (Blaziken, Lucario), because they would be more fun to play as. One of the reasons I enjoyed playing as Mewtwo, despite him being one of my favourites, was that he was very different to the other characters. Having a more humanoid, or 'cool' Pokemon would be a little boring. I'm not saying I don't like these Pokemon, and I would still use Lucario if he is added, I'm just saying that a more unusual Pokemon would be better.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Shadow Lugia (XD001) was there instead of Rayquaza, it would be more understandable. XD001 is evil (it is a Shadow Pokemon after all), but Rayquaza isn't.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...starting to suspect Melee/ 64's pokemon (except Mewtwo) might have evolved in Brawl...

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
its not that rayquaza is evil, or so i think, its that fox invaded his space in space. just like how deoxys did in their movie, destiny deoxys, rayquaza attacked fox's ship and that's all he did.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Why would Rayquaza be underwater if he's supposed to live on Sky Tower? More importantly, why would Rayquaza attack Diddy Kong (unless he eats monkeys O_O')? I would understand him being disturbed from his sleep on Sky Tower, and attacking out of grumpyness, but why would he be underwater?

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
Why would Rayquaza be underwater if he's supposed to live on Sky Tower? More importantly, why would Rayquaza attack Diddy Kong (unless he eats monkeys O_O')? I would understand him being disturbed from his sleep on Sky Tower, and attacking out of grumpyness, but why would he be underwater?

does it really matter that much where he appears :confused:. i mean i can pretty much say he is a boss and that is what really makes me happy.(at least he is more than a pokeball pokemon):)

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Rayquaza's in league with the villains, possible under the control of Mewtwo, if Mewtwo happens to be in the game. I don't see how else the Subspace Army would be able to control it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm pretty sure Rayquaza's in league with the villains, possible under the control of Mewtwo, if Mewtwo happens to be in the game. I don't see how else the Subspace Army would be able to control it.
The Subspace Army may have an involvement on Rayquaza's attitude. Somehow, I think it was brainwashed by the Ancient Minister during an event before the video update that we got yesterday.

Momocop

Smash Rookie
OMg. these are really hard choices.

Either: Lucario, Blaziken, A new refined Mewtwo (or replace him with Deoxys not much differents)

U can mess with Fighting types..
Go wacko on 1 map and end up doing some UBER H0T SP3C1AL!!!!!111

Top Bottom