• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Black/Light

Smash Master
Because everybody knows your stupid for having smart views yet liking a character, But w/e.
Im sorry, this should be done with but I never called anyone "stupid". Smart or not he acts like the arvg Geno fanboy which says nothing about how smart he is. Being a fanboy doesn't mean your "stupid" or anything.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Im sorry, this should be done with but I never called anyone "stupid". Smart or not he acts like the arvg Geno fanboy which says nothing about how smart he is. Being a fanboy doesn't mean your "stupid" or anything.
You just don't know him well enough, He's a pure genius i tell you whether he is a fanboy or not.

And yeah it should be, Sorry about all of this.

Kips

Smash Ace
Know what'd make a neat pokeball? Dugtrio. He'd sort of dig along the ground in a noticeable fashion and when he reaches his first opponent he stabs up and either hits them for 15% with good knockback or messes them up horribly by breaking their shield.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Anyone have any idea what a Cradily would do for a Pokeball? Just wondering. Maybe use Gastro Acid or something.
Cradily

Attack: Gastro Acid
Cradily spits large amounts of acid into the air, which falls back down as a sort of rain.
Effect: Negates the effect of any item used on the victim (includes Starmen) (does not negate knockback from thrown items)​

How 'bout that?

Also, you sould be able to get Shiny pokemon out of Pokeballs.

Kips

Smash Ace
Wow, that's actually really cool Kenji! Melts away Starman, Bunny Hood, Metal Box, Spin Attacks... Pretty sweet. I was thinking about one for Abomasnow where it caused a suddenly hailstorm but I don't know how it would work without seriously hurting the whole field. Maybe just like Onix's Rock Slide?

Xuuu

Smash Rookie
i would love to see cubone.. mainly cause i mean ITS CUBONE... him be like a ness in size.. and have like little flying bones... Bonemorang... and the headbutt be like samus run and A in melee... that would be awesome

chrisdude25

Smash Rookie
i think lucario should be added as a playable character in brawl. i mean he is a fighting pokemon and has as much a chance as mewtwo or better.

TomSquirrel-Lord

Smash Cadet
Well, (sry if my last post was BS, it most likely wasn't the truth but hey, it's something to talk about right?;))

and over time and deep thought i have agreed to join the side of the lucario haters. I mean sure he's fighting type but he's not all that great. I'd prefer an oddball pokemon that no one would expect but when he/she is mentioned everyone would like him/her.

I reckon that marshtomp would be an awesome Pokemon for SSBB:chuckle:. I mean he may not be as cute as mudkip or as hard-core as some fighting type, so he sort of fits into the middle of both i reckon.

anyone else think marshtomp would make a good SSBB character?

-Tom :)

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Well, (sry if my last post was BS, it most likely wasn't the truth but hey, it's something to talk about right?;))

and over time and deep thought i have agreed to join the side of the lucario haters. I mean sure he's fighting type but he's not all that great. I'd prefer an oddball pokemon that no one would expect but when he/she is mentioned everyone would like him/her.

I reckon that marshtomp would be an awesome Pokemon for SSBB:chuckle:. I mean he may not be as cute as mudkip or as hard-core as some fighting type, so he sort of fits into the middle of both i reckon.

anyone else think marshtomp would make a good SSBB character?

-Tom :)
nope not even close

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
no sirs lol that won't happen also the pikmin given stones (fire.grass and thunder or water) should get buffed up like a m effer iono the stones would be good items lolz anybody agree?

onii-chan

Smash Ace
no sirs lol that won't happen also the pikmin given stones (fire.grass and thunder or water) should get buffed up like a m effer iono the stones would be good items lolz anybody agree?
no rare candies would be better...they make your character level up and evolve to a coonscachar with sepiroths meteor attk that kills everyone one the stage in one hit

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
no rare candies would be better...they make your character level up and evolve to a coonscachar with sepiroths meteor attk that kills everyone one the stage in one hit
no fool kazukazard level 4000 that has sepiroths metor and also does ryu haduken

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
The instant I saw Blaziken my vote was clear...

He's perfect: The coolest starter evolution, he's a fighting type, and putting his signature moves would fit so easily in the game.

Shy Uppercut as a up+b recover

Blaze Kick = Falcon Kick, Fire Punch = Falcon Punch

Course, we can be more creative then to borrows C Falcon's moves but yeah...

Blaziken's BOSS!!!!!! Since I first got my Blaziken I thought how well he'd fit in Smash Bros.

Course, I thought Mewtwo would be good, too... :/

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
hey i you give blaziken 9 rare candy and mate him with a transvestite meowoth youll get polly shore try it... IT WORKS

chrisdude25

Smash Rookie
No. Not even close.
how would you say no? mewtwo is/was a great character, but lucario seems like he would be better.

Up+B= High jump kick
left/right+B= extreme speed
down+B=force palm
B=Aura sphere(chargable)

the only reason i saw that aura shpere should be charganble, is because in Pokemon diamond/pearl, it can't miss; so maybe the longer you charge it the longer it follows your opponent with in a certain point...

i wish i could draw a diagram on here to show you.

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
No, he really does. He has been getting all sorts of screen time recently,
I'll say it again. Anime has little to no effect on a characters chances (if that's what you were getting at). And even then, the movie lucario co-stared in came out in 05 in Japan and September 06 here.

There's no way a generic pokemon has better chances than a legendary poke with a back story.

& him being an humanoid makes him likely to be a functioning character rather easily.
Irrelevant. Ivysaur and Pikachu aren't humanoid and they got in Brawl with no problem.

how would you say no? mewtwo is/was a great character, but lucario seems like he would be better.
That's like me saying, "Ganondorf is/was a great character, but I think Skull kid seems like he would be better."

Note that that was just example.

Blaziken blows.
Unnecessary trolling.

Course, we can be more creative then to borrows C Falcon's moves but yeah...
Which is why I created this a move set for him :grin:

Name: Blaziken
First Appearances: Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
Costume: http://www.freewebs.com/jadeastin/Blaziken.jpg

Blue alt: http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u107/Brydont/BlueBlaziken.jpg

Shiny: http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l161/Nagatsu/Pkmn Sprites/257-1.png .( yes there is a difference )

Black: http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p109/Erika_17/Pokemon Shop/R-32.png

CEO: http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/BlazikenOwns/Blaziken/blazikencorporateexcecutive.jpg ( jkjk )

Kirby transformation I personally drew: http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l297/corpse_humper/IMG_0017.jpg

Height: 5/5
Weight: 3/5
Speed: 3/5
Power: 4/5
Jump: 5/5
Fast Faller: Yes
Wall Jump: Yes
Crawl: No

Standard Moves

(semi-fast combo)
A> Punches forward.
AA> Starts to spin around with a kick
AAA> Finishes turning around and lands a kick with good knock back.
Running A> - Charges at the foe with his shoulder

Tilt A> Side Kick
Tilt Up> Slashes with both arms at air
Tilt Down> Blaziken puts his hands on the ground on either side of him and burns the ground in front of him (with his hands if you get what I'm trying to say)

Smash A> Blaziken does a front flip to a blaze kick. Sweet-spot at foot for high knock back and good damage. When not hit directly, does small amount of damage and low Knock back

Smash Up> Kicks both feet above him while doing a hand stand with one hand.

Smash Down> Blaziken crouches on the ground and a wall of fire surrounds Blaziken sending the enemy flying up. Not as much range as it sounds like though.

Special Moves

B> Ember- A chargeable move where Blaziken shoots embers forward (medium range) which head to the ground. The longer you charge it the farther the embers will go and the amount of power increases (They start forming into fireballs). When used in the air the go down diagonally. Uncharged embers low damage. Charged embers (3-4 fireballs) 10% damage each. Both medium knock back

Side B> Flare Blitz- Works the same way as Roy's/Marth's B> but with more fire, a little faster, and instead of a swords, punches a kicks. Timing, of course, is also needed.

Down B> Mirror Move- A counter move giving the back the same amount of damage that would have been given to Blaziken. Timing is needed.

Up B> Brave Bird- Once in the air Blaziken does a third jump (2/3 as high as his normal jump) then dives down with wind spiraling around him. does low damage and low knock back. (Sky uppercut seemed to generic)

Grab Attack- Burns the opponent with the flames on its wrist for the usual 1-2% damage.

F Throw- Hits them forward with a fire punch
B Throw- Blaziken throws the enemy above him then delivers a scissor kick sending them backwards
U Throw- Pulls the enemy closer and then turns itself on fire. After a second of taking damage the enemy is sent upwards.
D Throw- Throws them down. Doesn't get any more simple than that >.>

Nair> Does a fire spin with a a trapping effect.
Bair> Blaziken kicks backwards
Fair> The Knee. Blaziken style. (It just seemed so perfect for Blaziken. The only move that really looks like CF)
Uair> Whatever Mario's Uair is.
Dair> Stomp. Blaziken smashes the foe downwards in flames with his foot . Pretty simple.

Final Smash:: Overheat

Blaziken charges up then unleashes its flame in what looks like a large wave. The "wave" moves semi-slow across the stage with who ever getting hit being, trapped in the attack. 50-60% if hit by all of it. High knock back.

It's was my first moveset and it took me like 2 days to come up with it all :estatic:

Kips

Smash Ace
Note to self: Blaziken is awesome! Still, the knee? Yipes! Brave Bird seems to be a bit more suicidal then recovery-wise. Maybe make Flare Blitz more like Raptor Boost and change Brave Bird for a larger distance? Flare Blitz would go for a longer distance and be much more abusable then Raptor Boost of course.

chrisdude25

Smash Rookie
some people are making movesets for these pokebrawlers, but the pokemon in other Smash bros didn't have pokemon attacks as moves.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I still would like Blaze Kick for Blaziken..but that moveset rawks..hard.

Nice job.

It's just too bad that we could get Blaziken, Lucario , Mewtwo, Jigglypuff and maybe someone else too.. But non Pokémon fans would whine and B**** forever..so yeah. 3 out of the possible 5 or 6 possible Pokémon works.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Brave Bird seems to be a bit more suicidal then recovery-wise.
Brave Bird seems like a mid-air Wizard's Foot with an extra jump before it to me...
I don't think it's very good for an Up+B, though. :ohwell:

some people are making movesets for these pokebrawlers, but the pokemon in other Smash bros didn't have pokemon attacks as moves.
I'm pretty sure they do.

Also, I think Blaziken is too tall there.

Top Bottom