• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokedex Entry 11: Ike

Onxy

Smash Lord
What facts? When the hell did I say that I base my facts off online and CPUs? You are completely missing the point as to why I want Steeler to put it as an overall neutral. I'm pretty sure that he disagrees with it because he didn't respond, but at least he probably gets the point.

Stop assuming what I base my facts off of. For all you know, I could've played nothing but GREAT DDD players in real life.

Miles.

Smash Champion
What facts? When the hell did I say that I base my facts off online and CPUs? You are completely missing the point as to why I want Steeler to put it as an overall neutral. I'm pretty sure that he disagrees with it because he didn't respond, but at least he probably gets the point.
I asked you a question.

Just answer it.

Whatever about wanting the DDD boards to come and start a matchup conversation.
Nice good thinking that should rile them up.

I asked you if you have EVER played some one in real life.
Because the **** that comes out of your mouth is really mean sometimes and you talk like you are really good.

You dont have vids.
And I am pretty sure all you have is online and CPU's. <--Disqualifies you from having any credibility especially if you are an ***.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I asked you a question.

Just answer it.

Whatever about wanting the DDD boards to come and start a matchup conversation.
Nice good thinking that should rile them up.

I asked you if you have EVER played some one in real life.
Because the **** that comes out of your mouth is really mean sometimes and you talk like you are really good.

You dont have vids.
And I am pretty sure all you have is online and CPU's. <--Disqualifies you from having any credibility especially if you are an ***.

I know you asked a question, and I refuse to answer it.

At least you're starting to get the point after cramming it in your head for like 10 minutes.

Again, I know you asked if I played anyone in real life, and I refuse to answer it.

I'm only an *** when I'm trying to make a point, then someone comes and argues with me, and misses the point.

Does it matter if I have vids? The closest thing to looking at my PT is looking at Reflex's videos.

The only time I play with CPUs is when I'm in training mode fighting lv. 3s.

I'm not credible, but I gave Ivy the advantage vs Ike, where as you almost destroyed it before. I'm sure I'm going to make Ivy have the advantage against most of her past disadvantages, because of my knowledge of her.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I know you asked a question, and I refuse to answer it.

At least you're starting to get the point after cramming it in your head for like 10 minutes.

Again, I know you asked if I played anyone in real life, and I refuse to answer it.

I'm only an *** when I'm trying to make a point, then someone comes and argues with me, and misses the point.

Does it matter if I have vids? The closest thing to looking at my PT is looking at Reflex's videos.

The only time I play with CPUs is when I'm in training mode fighting lv. 3s.

I'm not credible, but I gave Ivy the advantage vs Ike, where as you almost destroyed it before. I'm sure I'm going to make sure Ivy has the advantage against most of her past disadvantages.
lulz.

you are a joke.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Go ahead, think what you want. For the sake of the argument, yes I fight only CPUs, because you assume that I do.

*Shakes head*

So yeah, about that Ike discussion!

Miles.

Smash Champion
I'm a joke, and you're a trash PT.
The people who know me in real life say other wise.

Oh wait, I have balls enough to put vids up.
I am not the best but I am definately not trash.
And my Zard *****.
Zeta said I was the best Zard he has ever seen.

You are a joke.

Lulz keep them coming.

Give me something for my sig. ^_^

Onxy

Smash Lord
The people who know me in real life say other wise.

Oh wait, I have balls enough to put vids up.
I am not the best but I am definately not trash.
And my Zard *****.
Zeta said I was the best Zard he has ever seen.

You are a joke.

Lulz keep them coming.

Give me something for my sig. ^_^
I hear that I'm a great PT all the time, and I think nothing of it because of our tiny community. Many people don't even know what a good PT looks like.

I've seen your Charizard in action many times. I can say that it's only slightly better than mine, if so at all. I'm not a good Charizard BTW.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I hear that I'm a great PT all the time, and I think nothing of it because of our tiny community. Many people don't even know what a good PT looks like.

I've seen your Charizard in action many times. I can say that it's only slightly better than mine, if so at all. I'm not a good Charizard BTW.
Zeta is respectable he plays real people.
In real life.
And oh snaps KNOW players too!
Good opponents like Tudor.

Your Zard that beats CPU's is no where near my Zard.

Humans are a lot better than CPU's btw.
Yes even level 9's.

Onxy

Smash Lord
You're too much.. When did I say that I play CPUs only? When did I say that I don't play real people? I'll leave you with that.

Miles.

Smash Champion

Also this wasnt a bigger **** contest.
I was just saying you make little sense sometimes.
I and I attribute that to not playing people in real life.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Why are you fighting exactly???? Stop insulting each other... its totally pointless
On the ike discussion... i was fighting a good one yesterday, and grabbing him after he shielded a razor leaf was soo funny and efective, ike doesnt have too much options out of shield to counter... what do you think?

Onxy

Smash Lord
IDK, ask IRL.

I'm more concerned with Charizard/Squirtle vs Ike, rather than Ivy vs Ike. I know Ivy has the advantage, so that's done with. Any info with the others?

Onxy

Smash Lord
Ike is bad too when thrown off. Vinewhip, Fair, Razor Leaf, Ftilt, Fsmash, Usmash, and grab work well when Ike is trying to recover from the ledge.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
you guys are balls.

balls i say.

bumpernuts.com has pictures of what you guys are. it's also a hilarious site so yeah check it out.

ivysaur is agreed upon as advantage.

okay. great.

charizard and squirtle

both are neutral at worst, and i feel that one of them has an advantage.

pt as a whole has an advantage.

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
Onyx has the magical ability to turn a perfectly good thread into a **** swinging contest.

We've established Onyx will never post up videos of himself. The closest comparison he says is reflexes Ivy so for everybody who wants to know how onyx plays like... watch a reflex vid and just picture onyx as the gamer tag.

back to Ike?

Onxy

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm done paying attention to IRL/itburns.

SO about the Ike discussion, lets go over what Zard has over Ike, and vice-versa.

Miles.

Smash Champion
All I am saying is if you only play online and CPU's you cant really contribute much.

Because neither of those are really worth a ****.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
shieldgrab man, shieldgrab him to hell and back... except that spaced fair, but that's one attack and flamethrower can take care of it

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yep. i just played yagami light a few times. dair is indeed a huge opening. fair isn't a huge bother. if he doesn't space well, shield and punish. if he does, just shield it. and then what? ike won't be able to follow up, because he spaced the fair to its maximum range. flamethrower out of shield can work at that point.

squirtle is just really quick, blah blah. i'm inclined to agree with kinzer on this.

the people that think ike destroys squirtle are the people that haven't really played a good squirtle...honestly, this all hinges on squirtle avoiding ike's strongest attacks. don't get careless, be opportunistic, use that grab game.

and charizard as advantage. one thing i noticed:

you know how ikes like to recover? from really far below right? and they'll usually double jump right before the aether. go down there as charizard and fair ike before, during, or after the jump. he won't be able to recover afterward. and ike can't counter attack or dodge you because he'll lose way too much height and die anyway. well, ike COULD if he wanted to bring charizard down with him. so that's why i suggest you only do this when you are at a healthy percent.

another thing with ivysaur is to tether onto the edge as ike aethers, and pull yourself up as he comes down. works best when you are off stage as well, because you will likely get hit by aether if you tether it as soon as you run off the stage.

you know what? i think all three pokemon have a slight advantage. charizard isn't bothered by ike's approach at all, just practice good shielding. ike cannot follow up on his best approach, the fair. zard can just shield it and flamethrower or get under ike when he full hops to negate the spacing. the nair can be shieldgrabbed, and nair to jab can be grabbed as well. so charizard can handle ike's approach well. defensively ike absolutely hates charizard's flamethrower. ike has no real answer to it. rock smash leads to a free grab if you land it. the only thing is that ike can outprioritize that rock with many of his moves. so you can't rely on rock smash as a counter in this match. but it's still useful. ike's most important move is the jab, and charizard outranges it and can grab it with a shield up.

ivysaur has been covered, it's agreed that he has the advantage.

feel free to keep debating, no match up is ever set in stone. i just want to move on here.

edit and i'll put ddd as slight neutral against zard and squirtle, neutral on ivysaur. ddd board doesn't care, and that's the gist of what we came up with in the ddd thread.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Wait, before you do anything I have to ask something. Could three 60/40s mean a 70/30 altogether? Squirtle at a high percent can become an Ivysaur with fresh moves. A Fatigued Squirtle can become a fresh Ivy. A high damaged Ivy can become a Charizard to avoid being gimped. Know what I mean? The weaknesses of the others can be changed by just switching, because Squirtle usually has a problem with killing/being light. Get what I mean?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yeah, i get what you mean...

a good reference would be sheik/zelda (sheilda??) ratings and how they handle those.

and i'm thinking that squirtle is a 55:45, not 60:40.

Onxy

Smash Lord
But what do you think though? It still would be 70/30 by my logic, even if it's 55/45. Idk, maybe, lol. If it were a 3x 55, then it would be a 65/35 IMO. Maybe I'm being to kind to PT, IDK lol.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
idk. 65/35 at best imo. it's not like marth/squirtle. ike doesn't completely fear pt. he just hates him. :p

Onxy

Smash Lord
Well I'm just saying this not only for the Ike discussion, but I mean in general. A 3x 50 could mean a 60/40 overall. I'm going to paint you a picture here: Lets say Squirtle is a 50/50 because of his lack of kill moves against him/her. Ivysaur is at a 50/50, because him/her can gimp Ivy very well. Charizard is a 50/50 because of his size. With switching, all of those weaknesses are gone for the most part. So I would think it would be a 60/40 overall. Not to mention the only way to switch is to get them off stage a little, and PT loves people being off stage because they all excel at with people trying to recover. Maybe a 55/45 IDk, lol.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Don't worry, we'll find something to stop those menacing Waddles xD

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Ike gets no simpathy from PT.... LOL
squirtle 55/45
ivy and zard 60/40
PT from 60/40 to 65/35
ike fights for his friends, but the pokemon fight for their trainer :p
its just stupid giving set knockback for a dthrow, specially when its that low

Onxy

Smash Lord
Read the Ikes comments at the very beginning of the thread, lol.

Top Bottom