• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokeball update: Familar faces

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Speaking of stages, is there any general boards consensus yet on what stage Bellossom is on? Is it possibly a new one?
It looks like the top of rumble falls, like once you climb the ladder

Oh btw, that image of Mew reminds me of the pokemon stadium version of it. -sigh-

Well I guess its only on stage for 2 seconds

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
It looks like the top of rumble falls, like once you climb the ladder

Oh btw, that image of Mew reminds me of the pokemon stadium version of it. -sigh-

Well I guess its only on stage for 2 seconds
u mean with blocKy figure and having face that looks like its been painted? (^^)v

Njs523

Smash Cadet
"Mew dropped a CD. Accept it with gratitude!"

I laughed at that, but its still a crappy update... :ohwell:

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Really when you think about it, pokemon graphics don't matter, they aren't on stage long enough to deserve better graphics.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Really when you think about it, pokemon graphics don't matter, they aren't on stage long enough to deserve better graphics.
very good point.....but still...it would have been nice just to get a little make over

omg Bellossom's flowers look hideous Oo

The legendaries return is a must, I am so glad they brought back the creator of the legendary dogs. Fans of that pokemon know!
uhhhhhhmmmmmmm....those are cats..........

at least they look like it to me (^^)v

Rash

Smash Ace
I guess they could polish up the Pokemon a bit. I mean, it's been proven that Sora can add detail to character models; just look at the assist trophies and playable characters.

But honestly, if the Pokemon models aren't improved, it won't be that bad. People aren't even going to notice. In the end, it's the effects of the Pokemon attacks that will matter.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
@METAKNIGHTSSWORD: They are dogs and thats a definate. How does entei look like a cat? And why would a peacock create its natural predator?Ho-oh is a male due to the fact females(Peahens) do not have the tail feathers.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@METAKNIGHTSSWORD: They are dogs and thats a definate. How does entei look like a cat? And why would a peacock create its natural predator?Ho-oh is a male due to the fact females(Peahens) do not have the tail feathers.
I'll agree with the dog thing, but Ho-oh is definitely a phoenix, not a peacock. Poor Ho-oh...

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Phoenix-esque, but in comparison to a real animal which most pokemon are based on he is a peacock. The whole sun god ra phoenix thing has alot to do with peacocks. I have loved that bird ever since i was little. If he had water powers would he be a peacock then? Its easier and more cool to associate him with a phoenix in which he is but also he is a peacock (the origin of phoenix's are from peacocks and egypt).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Phoenix-esque, but in comparison to a real animal which most pokemon are based on he is a peacock. The whole sun god ra phoenix thing has alot to do with peacocks. I have loved that bird ever since i was little. If he had water powers would he be a peacock then? Its easier and more cool to associate him with a phoenix in which he is but also he is a peacock (the origin of phoenix's are from peacocks and egypt).
Ah, really? Didn't know that. I guess I see it now.

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
Moltres is a phoenix... Ho-oh must bes something different (peakock was a nice guess).

If Mew and Celebi drop CD's then I'd just create a 1v1 match with pokeballs on Very High and get all those CD's.. I like melee music =(

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Moltres is a phoenix... Ho-oh must bes something different (peakock was a nice guess).

If Mew and Celebi drop CD's then I'd just create a 1v1 match with pokeballs on Very High and get all those CD's.. I like melee music =(
Nah, I think Moltres is just a firebird (they're sort of different things I guess). And that sounds like a good way to get those CDs, but I think it might still take a while. Or...they could make it so Mew and Celebi have to be 'unlocked' a certain way first.

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
Well its better than some updates we have gotten and its a nice suprise that mew will drop cd's so it's a fair update in my book but what happened about the december 3rd thing all we got was friend codes :(

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hm. I guess it's cool to have another screenshot of New Pork City, and it's nice to see Lucas jump. =/

Adventurous

Smash Rookie
They're legendary beasts, not dogs... Honestly Suicune looks the most doglike out of all of them.

Didn't Mew give you an extra life if you jumped into it's sparkles in the original Smash Bros?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
tell me where does it say that Entei, Suicune, and Raikou are dogs...and how the hell did Ho-oh get into this?

Cats don't have muzles that long. But Entei looks catlike.
so does Raikou (^^)v...the only one i'll actually admit that doesnt look like a cat is Suicune

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was a nice update. At this point you just need to lower your expectations of Dojo and not expect anything ground breaking.
Not staying up for it also helps.
If you do this, your levels of disappointment will drop.

I do love seeing that my favorite pokémon is back! :)

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I thought it was a nice update. At this point you just need to lower your expectations of Dojo and not expect anything ground breaking.
Not staying up for it also helps.
If you do this, your levels of disappointment will drop.
[imghttp://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/mball/images/mball07/mball07_071204a-l.jpg[/img]
I do love seeing that my favorite pokémon is back! :)
and today's image was....

i only reposted it because the code was messed up...wasnt stealing or anything (^^)v

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Find them and quote them since you're so adamant about it.
They shouldn't really bother, because it doesn't really matter what they are, does it?

Whatever animals they are, they are the reincarnations of Pokémon that died.
They are the Thunder, Volcano and Aurora Pokémon.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
They shouldn't really bother, because it doesn't really matter what they are, does it?

Whatever animals they are, they are the reincarnations of Pokémon that died.
They are the Thunder, Volcano and Aurora Pokémon.
OMG............thats it..................u actually confirmed which animal were they modeled after.........or at least gave a very good theory....dam why didnt y i think of that? (^^)v

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
tell me where does it say that Entei, Suicune, and Raikou are dogs...and how the hell did Ho-oh get into this?
Calm that down now ! Read the posts prior to my co
mment and you'll see how ho-oh was included plus ho-oh was in the update and we are talking about pokemon. Its in various guides and the original games (G&S) i think. Entei resembles that big artic dog that has something around its neck to help people.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Calm that down now ! Read the posts prior to my co
mment and you'll see how ho-oh was included plus ho-oh was in the update and we are talking about pokemon. Its in various guides and the original games (G&S) i think. Entei resembles that big artic dog that has something around its neck to help people.
a Saint Bernard?.........u think Entei resembles a Saint Bernard???????????????..................oh and they're not arctic u kno (^^)v

Phred

Smash Journeyman

so does Raikou (^^)v...the only one i'll actually admit that doesnt look like a cat is Suicune
It's part of the Legendary Beast's origin story.
When Ho-Oh's tower burnt down, 3 Pokémon died inside.
Angered and saddened by the loss, Ho-Oh reincarnated them as Raikou, Entei and Suicune. And the four scattered across the world.
And stuff.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
It's part of the Legendary Beast's origin story.
When Ho-Oh's tower burnt down, 3 Pokémon died inside.
Angered and saddened by the loss, Ho-Oh reincarnated them as Raikou, Entei and Suicune. And the four scattered across the world.
And stuff.
that was in the game right??????......if so....pls note that i have never owned a pokemon game for the GB or GBA until this very day XD

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
wow, looking pretty deep into sumting that doesnt matter that much...
anyway, i knew sumhow the update would be sumthin from previous installments, but i was hoping for the charecters

Top Bottom