• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon - The 5th Generation

Ilex

Smash Ace
I have never completed a Pokedex, and have never raised a good Pokemon. Yet, I still enjoy the concept of the game. I'd rather design the games than play them, as I am with the gaming world in general. I like to make things that others can play and enjoy rather than playing games myself.

And that is why I am modding FireRed right now. Below is Route 25, where Bill's House is. I've edited the land to include a beach area, a sea to surf in, and a bridge leading to a cell that I've not created yet but will eventually sport an island with a light house a la Episode 13 "Mystery at the Light House". To accompany that episode, I've made both Krabby and Dratini (very rare) available for catching via surfing and fishing. Also, if you look behind his house, you'll see a little pathway. I hope you realize what it is ;)

Haha, looks like I'm not the only one who has been toying around with AdvanceMap.

****IT, What I just posted was ruined some how. I'm going to have to use a backup ROM and start over. Oh well, at least I took a pic.
It's common for Fire Red maps to fail on you, I recommend Ruby.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Haha, looks like I'm not the only one who has been toying around with AdvanceMap. Btw, it's common for Fire Red maps to fail on you, I recommend Ruby.
How about LeafGreen? Because I really want to work on Kanto.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm not sure, but I've known that myself and my friend have both have Fire Red ROM's that don't work (He's making a game where all the Pokemon are replaced with mixes).
How do you edit the sprites? I have not figured that out. I'm sure you need more than AdvancedMap, as I have AdvancedMart and Text Editor.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Ohh maps, i like maps, ohh now I am itching to used advance maps

so all you do is dowload the program, but where do you downlaod the rom of the game?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
It's a program called AdvancedMap. I found the link in the description of a Youtube video because Google did not prevail. Try searching on Youtube for AdvancedMap and maybe something will come up with the link. Oh, by the way, you need to download a ROM of the game you want to mod (3rd Gen only).
I found some links on youtube descriptions, but they all say the page is frozen. Can you help.
What if you make bill's secret garden kindda like the pokemon mansion, you can have different pokemon every time a certain amout of time pases.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I found some links on youtube descriptions, but they all say the page is frozen. Can you help.
What if you make bill's secret garden kindda like the pokemon mansion, you can have different pokemon every time a certain amout of time pases.
Here, I'll shorten it for you.

Google "Whack a Hack". That's the site I found the program on. It should have an option to translate the page for the first option. Click "Translate this page". Down at the bottom on the right, there's something that says "Downloads". Under that, there should be "Tools". In there are a bunch of programs, but most notably, AdvancedMap.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
*incredibly late on my opinion*

Oh well... Right? xD

Spire, you have some very interesting ideas... I don't know if I'd like all of them, but they are creative.

The one I want the most is the customization of trainers. I was so happy when in Crystal I was finally able to choose to be a girl! But it still needs to be expanded on, IMO. Perhaps something almost The Sims-like would be awesome.

I also think your trainer's idea is awesome. It would be nice for the whole world to be "alive" as you put it. Something to the effect of Majora's Mask or Animal Crossing would really add a layer of depth to the game. They also need to add the cell phone back in. The "Vs. Seeker" just doesn't really cut it for me. Being able to battle all of the trianer's numerous times would be really cool.

Anyways, those are some of my suggestions... I would also like to see seasons implemented, but perhaps that's just me and my love for Animal Crossing. =P

Spire

III
BRoomer
Anyways, those are some of my suggestions... I would also like to see seasons implemented, but perhaps that's just me and my love for Animal Crossing. =P
Whoa, I had never even thought of that. Seasons and LUVTOY's weather idea would be incredible additions to the games, bringing new Pokemon in with seasonal and weather changes. A relatively cold, snowy region may clear up during the summer. To avoid having to deal with a certain season for so long of a time period, they should change over the course of a month, not a whole year. That way, players from all around the world can experience different seasonal changes throughout the whole year, seeing as how real world seasons differ depending on location. The game should be "universal", not based on a certain type of ecosystem.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Whoa, I had never even thought of that. Seasons and LUVTOY's weather idea would be incredible additions to the games, bringing new Pokemon in with seasonal and weather changes. A relatively cold, snowy region may clear up during the summer. To avoid having to deal with a certain season for so long of a time period, they should change over the course of a month, not a whole year. That way, players from all around the world can experience different seasonal changes throughout the whole year, seeing as how real world seasons differ depending on location. The game should be "universal", not based on a certain type of ecosystem.
That's a great idea. When I saw seasons mentioned, I thought it was a great idea but I was thinking it wouldn't be plausible because then you'd want to catch a Pokemon and you have to wait a whole year to catch it (then again, I suppose that happens with fish/bugs in Animal Crossing too, doesn't it?), but a monthly cycle would be perfect. And it should certainly be universal.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'd just like to say that the OP's post is very well written, and I've thought of the some of the same ideas myself when speculating about the next generation of games.

I'll probably write a giant post adressing all of the points that the OP mentioned, and add some of my ideas as well, just not now :p

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
During seasons like I said earlier, certain pokemon should be available EXCLUSIVELY to taht season--like in summer, and summer only, Butterfree swarm the fields (and are in great abundance)--In winter, bug-types become scarce.

At night, bug-types and ghost types would be more popular in the wild. Ghost types maybe exclusive to certain places???

Fire-types are more common in dryer places.

Water types stick to the water (duh), and moist places/places with hgh humidity (think amphibian environments..wait are those humid? Lol)

Plants, see above (veto the water) Plants become rarer at night

Pokedex descriptions should reflect how/where you find the pokemon, and vice-versa

Rewards should be given by the prof.'s aids for collecting data on a certain amount of pokemon, like in 1st gen.!

Like half-way through the game, the prof. should create a machine (or Bill...yea bill, mr. evolution guy) that allows you to evolve certain pokemon that can only be evolved during trades--Don't you get frustrated when you have a haunter, want a gengar, but have to trade? And you want YOUR haunter to be YOUR gengar? I think that would be handy, cuz not every1 has buddies with the pokemon game to trade with...?

And yea, legendaries would be nice if they weren't one-of-a-kind, instead EXTREMEMLY rare..lke more than chancy rare....! But idk--maybe the one-chance appearances is one of the things that Pokemon is known for--I mean, you look at the cover adn go "i want that pkmn", so if you blow it... THAT SUCKS! That's also a reason to get rid of oncers.... Also, before the game automatically makes you walk to the pokemon to battle during event sequences, it should prompt you to save. I mean really....!

Spire

III
BRoomer
During seasons like I said earlier, certain pokemon should be available EXCLUSIVELY to taht season--like in summer, and summer only, Butterfree swarm the fields (and are in great abundance)--In winter, bug-types become scarce.

At night, bug-types and ghost types would be more popular in the wild. Ghost types maybe exclusive to certain places???

Fire-types are more common in dryer places.

Water types stick to the water (duh), and moist places/places with hgh humidity (think amphibian environments..wait are those humid? Lol)

Plants, see above (veto the water) Plants become rarer at night

Pokedex descriptions should reflect how/where you find the pokemon, and vice-versa

Rewards should be given by the prof.'s aids for collecting data on a certain amount of pokemon, like in 1st gen.!

Like half-way through the game, the prof. should create a machine (or Bill...yea bill, mr. evolution guy) that allows you to evolve certain pokemon that can only be evolved during trades--Don't you get frustrated when you have a haunter, want a gengar, but have to trade? And you want YOUR haunter to be YOUR gengar? I think that would be handy, cuz not every1 has buddies with the pokemon game to trade with...?

And yea, legendaries would be nice if they weren't one-of-a-kind, instead EXTREMEMLY rare..lke more than chancy rare....! But idk--maybe the one-chance appearances is one of the things that Pokemon is known for--I mean, you look at the cover adn go "i want that pkmn", so if you blow it... THAT SUCKS! That's also a reason to get rid of oncers.... Also, before the game automatically makes you walk to the pokemon to battle during event sequences, it should prompt you to save. I mean really....!
If I had a word for every great idea you come up with, I'd have a book.

Wow that was lame :ohwell:

I love the ideas, especially Bill's "evolution machine". I had never thought of something like that and I think it's great. Back to the seasonal/weather changes. The types of Pokemon that you posted are great, and I highly support them, but I'd like to add a few myself.

During rain/storms, water, and electric Pokemon should be found much more often, but flying are practically impossible.

During dry seasons like the midst of Summer, both fire and rock Pokemon should be more common in practically all non-aquatic environments.

Now, aside from the types, certain Pokemon should be able to be found at certain times. For instance, during Spring, if you come across some, let's say flat, grassy land, you may find a Miltank, or Taurus, or any other Pokemon that may "graze" the field. All bird Pokemon should be found in northern regions during the Spring and Summer, but when it turns to Fall and Winter, they move South. This may also go for Bug Pokemon, seeing as how they migrate also.

The idea of catching certain Pokemon by slathering honey on trees was very interesting in that it introduced an entirely new way of catching Pokemon. I think many, many more methods should be implemented into the games so that catching certain Pokemon becomes more of a "game" or setup, rather than random encounters.

Also, I'd like it to be possible to encounter Pokemon in other outdoor areas like the beach (you would mainly just find Krabby, Shelder, Shellos, etc), but perhaps just right along the shoreline, not in the denser sand areas.

And on a last note, while most Pokemon should remain as random encounters in the grass and what not, what if some Pokemon could randomly appear walking around so you would know what it is and could chase it down specifically. This could happen anywhere, anytime (well, depending on seasonal and weather standards) with any Pokemon. Imagine walking down some route when you spot a Magby just trotting around, maybe checking out some I dunno... rock. Then you can sneak up on it, press A, and engage battle. It would help to bring a lot more taste to the Pokemon world, but alas, it is a controversial idea as it would semi-disrupt the mechanics of Pokemon.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hm...

I'm not sure about the specific time of year type of thing. It could be hindering to somebody who has caught every other Pokemon in the summer, but needs a Snorunt or something that would only appear in the winter.

It's a good idea. Just, maybe we could bring it on a lesser scale (such as, Pokemon who would normally appear in winter, will also appear in colder places at night.)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
If I had a word for every great idea you come up with, I'd have a book.

Wow that was lame :ohwell:

I love the ideas, especially Bill's "evolution machine". I had never thought of something like that and I think it's great. Back to the seasonal/weather changes. The types of Pokemon that you posted are great, and I highly support them, but I'd like to add a few myself.

During rain/storms, water, and electric Pokemon should be found much more often, but flying are practically impossible.

During dry seasons like the midst of Summer, both fire and rock Pokemon should be more common in practically all non-aquatic environments.

Now, aside from the types, certain Pokemon should be able to be found at certain times. For instance, during Spring, if you come across some, let's say flat, grassy land, you may find a Miltank, or Taurus, or any other Pokemon that may "graze" the field. All bird Pokemon should be found in northern regions during the Spring and Summer, but when it turns to Fall and Winter, they move South. This may also go for Bug Pokemon, seeing as how they migrate also.

The idea of catching certain Pokemon by slathering honey on trees was very interesting in that it introduced an entirely new way of catching Pokemon. I think many, many more methods should be implemented into the games so that catching certain Pokemon becomes more of a "game" or setup, rather than random encounters.

Also, I'd like it to be possible to encounter Pokemon in other outdoor areas like the beach (you would mainly just find Krabby, Shelder, Shellos, etc), but perhaps just right along the shoreline, not in the denser sand areas.

And on a last note, while most Pokemon should remain as random encounters in the grass and what not, what if some Pokemon could randomly appear walking around so you would know what it is and could chase it down specifically. This could happen anywhere, anytime (well, depending on seasonal and weather standards) with any Pokemon. Imagine walking down some route when you spot a Magby just trotting around, maybe checking out some I dunno... rock. Then you can sneak up on it, press A, and engage battle. It would help to bring a lot more taste to the Pokemon world, but alas, it is a controversial idea as it would semi-disrupt the mechanics of Pokemon.
Thank you, and I completely agree with all of your ideas. Seeing some pokemon walking around, wanddering out of the grass, would make it seem more realistic. And adding to your first post, some pokemon would be aggressive, which would be found out of the grass more often, as would curious types. But shy ones like Chansey would NEVER be found out of the grass (wild ones anywayas).

Drawing from Yellow, I think starters (maybe) and smaller pokemon should be able to follow you aroud (only one). And maybe you'd get to choose one from your party to stay out of the pokeball. This would help alot when trying 2 evolve Evee to umbreon or espeon, or togepi to togetic, because they'd be much happier outside of the balls, and would bond with you more--also, they could perhaps sniff out wild pokemon you already battled, depending on waht pokemon they are--example: You encounter a wild rattata, and growlith is used in battle. Growlith is also following you around instead of in a pokeball. If your following pokemon participates in teh battle, and has the right characteristics, it should be able to "catch the scent" of that same pokemon, and lead you to it, as in if you approach that pkmn's area, your following pkmn would leap at it or goto that area or whatever! And if you found the same pokemon, an status changes or damage it suffered during your last encounter, would still be there, just like with the legendary dogs...!

And I feel an evolution machine is absolutely necessary, because let's face it, noone wants to lose their haunter, but at the same time they want gengar. if you trade haunter to evolve him, then trade back... It's not the same. Because then doesn't that pokemon lose all trust and such with you? Soyou'd have to 'bond' with it all over again. A PAAAIIIIN. Also, you can't nickname it or anything. This needs to change. You sould still be able to evolve them that way, but also by means of evolutionary machine--at a price of course... i'm not sure what that price is....!

p.s. the bird-migrating idea is a great idea that never occured to me--nice idea! :)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Add more varieties of shinies!!! That'd make some shinies all the rarer!!! And slight color variations added to regular pokemon is also a good idea, as already stated. But drastic changes are saved for shinies :)

p.s. sorry for double post but I for some reason didn't feel like adding this to thabove

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Drawing from Yellow, I think starters (maybe) and smaller pokemon should be able to follow you aroud (only one). And maybe you'd get to choose one from your party to stay out of the pokeball. This would help alot when trying 2 evolve Evee to umbreon or espeon, or togepi to togetic, because they'd be much happier outside of the balls, and would bond with you more--also, they could perhaps sniff out wild pokemon you already battled, depending on waht pokemon they are--example: You encounter a wild rattata, and growlith is used in battle. Growlith is also following you around instead of in a pokeball. If your following pokemon participates in teh battle, and has the right characteristics, it should be able to "catch the scent" of that same pokemon, and lead you to it, as in if you approach that pkmn's area, your following pkmn would leap at it or goto that area or whatever! And if you found the same pokemon, an status changes or damage it suffered during your last encounter, would still be there, just like with the legendary dogs...!

And I feel an evolution machine is absolutely necessary, because let's face it, noone wants to lose their haunter, but at the same time they want gengar. if you trade haunter to evolve him, then trade back... It's not the same. Because then doesn't that pokemon lose all trust and such with you? Soyou'd have to 'bond' with it all over again. A PAAAIIIIN. Also, you can't nickname it or anything. This needs to change. You sould still be able to evolve them that way, but also by means of evolutionary machine--at a price of course... i'm not sure what that price is....!

p.s. the bird-migrating idea is a great idea that never occured to me--nice idea! :)

Add more varieties of shinies!!! That'd make some shinies all the rarer!!! And slight color variations added to regular pokemon is also a good idea, as already stated. But drastic changes are saved for shinies :)

p.s. sorry for double post but I for some reason didn't feel like adding this to thabove
Great ideas. I agree with everything you said above, but I only quoted this one for space-saving.

I like the idea of being able to have your Pokemon walk outside of its Pokeball. Forget Amity Square. That was stupid and pointless. You should be able to release fairly small Pokemon out. I want to have my Shaymin walk around behind me, and I can't even have it follow me in Amity Square. They wouldn't even have to make an overworld sprite, it already exists!
But yeah. I wasn't a huge fan of Yellow, as the whole game was clearly just a focus on the TV Show. That mostly irks me because my friend thinks it's the best game (he doesn't own any of the originals, just Yellow) and also thinks the games should follow the show more closely...but I'm going off on a tangent, as usual. In any case, as long as you have the choice of when to do it, and it could be more than just Pikachu, I'd be happy. No large Pokemon, as that'd just be stupid, but smaller Pokemon could and should certainly be implemented.
That was a great idea.

Also, I love that evolution machine idea. It could take a sidequest or some extra work so it's not a complete replacement, but it's just annoying to have it the way it is. I can understand version exclusive Pokemon, because that forces you to buy the other game, but having to trade with someone is a hassle, and practically impossible if you have no friends who play the game.

As for shinies, they should upgrade some Pokemon, but they shouldn't have multiple shiny forms because that'd just kill it. Imagine if you're tracking down a shiny for months, because you really want a certain form, and then you finally find it and it's the wrong form? The bad color variations can be the regular ones that have been suggested many times, and the really awesome looking, extreme ones can be shiny.

I go'd there! And yes, I have perfec grammars :)
So long as you know that it's not correct grammar. I know someone who (and I kid you not) JUST figured out that "goed" isn't the past tense of "go". How can you get through life not knowing that?! Then again, they have a record of stupidity so I'm not entirely surprised.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hm...

But, seperate forms of shinys could make shiny hunting even more rewarding. Maybe the rarest form could have super-upgraded stats or something.

I'd certainly waste months searching for a Gyrados that can outpower A Kyogre.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Great ideas. I agree with everything you said above, but I only quoted this one for space-saving.

I like the idea of being able to have your Pokemon walk outside of its Pokeball. Forget Amity Square. That was stupid and pointless. You should be able to release fairly small Pokemon out. I want to have my Shaymin walk around behind me, and I can't even have it follow me in Amity Square. They wouldn't even have to make an overworld sprite, it already exists!
But yeah. I wasn't a huge fan of Yellow, as the whole game was clearly just a focus on the TV Show. That mostly irks me because my friend thinks it's the best game (he doesn't own any of the originals, just Yellow) and also thinks the games should follow the show more closely...but I'm going off on a tangent, as usual. In any case, as long as you have the choice of when to do it, and it could be more than just Pikachu, I'd be happy. No large Pokemon, as that'd just be stupid, but smaller Pokemon could and should certainly be implemented.
That was a great idea.

Also, I love that evolution machine idea. It could take a sidequest or some extra work so it's not a complete replacement, but it's just annoying to have it the way it is. I can understand version exclusive Pokemon, because that forces you to buy the other game, but having to trade with someone is a hassle, and practically impossible if you have no friends who play the game.

As for shinies, they should upgrade some Pokemon, but they shouldn't have multiple shiny forms because that'd just kill it. Imagine if you're tracking down a shiny for months, because you really want a certain form, and then you finally find it and it's the wrong form? The bad color variations can be the regular ones that have been suggested many times, and the really awesome looking, extreme ones can be shiny.

So long as you know that it's not correct grammar. I know someone who (and I kid you not) JUST figured out that "goed" isn't the past tense of "go". How can you get through life not knowing that?! Then again, they have a record of stupidity so I'm not entirely surprised.
yea having groudon or dialga follow you around is kinda deedeedee...
-i agree with the shiny stuff as well--but i hope there isn't uly color variations haha--and ye the evolution machine is a must-have for people like me, whose friends aren't into pkmn...!
--andi know it was bad grammar :) haha

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I dont get on three hours and great knew ideas come.
Skyler you have good idea with the shinies and the stats. But a gyarados will NEVER out power a kyogre

iz gots good grmmr 2:laugh:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hm...

But, seperate forms of shinys could make shiny hunting even more rewarding. Maybe the rarest form could have super-upgraded stats or something.

I'd certainly waste months searching for a Gyrados that can outpower A Kyogre.
Or it could be a larger disappointment.

You can play for years and not get a shiny. I know this from experience. I have to have a total of at least 1500 hours in Gold, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leaf Green, Diamond, and Pearl. In that time, I've caught one Sneasel and one Bellsprout. So imagine how disappointing it is if, on top of hunting for a shiny you really want and maybe getting another Pokemon in the area that you don't really want, you get a bad shiny form of it. There's a 1/8192 chance of catching one, and it resets each time. You could battle 16384 times and you still won't necessarily find a shiny. It's just that, with the odds against you in shiny hunting, it's still fun. With even more odds against you, it'd kill shiny hunting.

The purpose of shinies since third gen has been simply an aesthetic change. Perhaps they could bring back the system of having max IVs (I believe that's what it was in Gold/Silver/Crystal) on all shinies, but I'd hate it if multiple forms were introduced. Heck, even if one form is super powered, what if you just like the way it looks better and just want it for how it looks? Perhaps they could have a different type of Pokemon that is very rare and has upgraded stats, but as someone who has been let down in shiny hunting already, I really don't want them messing with the system of shinies unless they let the one form of shinies have better stats again.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Well maybe certain colored shinies are only found in certain areas? That'd fix the mess wouldn't it? And people around those areas would say sumthin like "hey, I heard there was a grey grimer around here", or "you know, grey grimers occasionally appear everyonce in a while here", while it would be yellow or hey green in another area???

and what u said about shinies havin better stats made me think--maybe a pokemon that lives in a harsher environment would have matching stats? Like um if it lives in a dessert area where sandstorms are common, it's defense stat is a bit higher than normal?

Once again weather would play a key role in this--! If an area sees more of one element than another, the pkmn will adapt to it!

Spire

III
BRoomer
I wasn't a huge fan of Yellow, as the whole game was clearly just a focus on the TV Show. That mostly irks me because my friend thinks it's the best game (he doesn't own any of the originals, just Yellow) and also thinks the games should follow the show more closely...but I'm going off on a tangent, as usual. In any case, as long as you have the choice of when to do it, and it could be more than just Pikachu, I'd be happy. No large Pokemon, as that'd just be stupid, but smaller Pokemon could and should certainly be implemented.
There were certainly some great locations from the anime (all that I ever watched or know is the first season) like that one episode where Ash, Misty, and Brock stumble on to that western-like town where the two gyms there duke it out constantly and the gym leader's had both a Scyther and Electabuzz respectively. Remember that one? Probably my favorite Pokemon episode because a) the location was in Kanto, but created for the show, and b) it had Scyther AND Electabuzz. If only that place would have been in the games. If they would merge all four regions, I would highly suggest including some locations from the anime as it has certainly expanded the Pokemon world.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Good point. And it's not like the games don't take from teh anime anyways, because they do in some resects (heck even smash brothers does). The anime is a part of pkmn whethr we like it or not. The 1s season was the only good one really. Well at leat 1st gen. well mebe 2nd gen 2, idk I haven't watched it n FOREVER, and don't really plan on it any time soon

--but yea I member tha episode :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well maybe certain colored shinies are only found in certain areas? That'd fix the mess wouldn't it? And people around those areas would say sumthin like "hey, I heard there was a grey grimer around here", or "you know, grey grimers occasionally appear everyonce in a while here", while it would be yellow or hey green in another area???

and what u said about shinies havin better stats made me think--maybe a pokemon that lives in a harsher environment would have matching stats? Like um if it lives in a dessert area where sandstorms are common, it's defense stat is a bit higher than normal?

Once again weather would play a key role in this--! If an area sees more of one element than another, the pkmn will adapt to it!
That I wouldn't mind. As long as they're separated, that'd be fine, so you'd know what you're getting.

And that's a great idea, with weather affecting stats. Perhaps, even if they didn't change the base stats, the IVs would be better.

There were certainly some great locations from the anime (all that I ever watched or know is the first season) like that one episode where Ash, Misty, and Brock stumble on to that western-like town where the two gyms there duke it out constantly and the gym leader's had both a Scyther and Electabuzz respectively. Remember that one? Probably my favorite Pokemon episode because a) the location was in Kanto, but created for the show, and b) it had Scyther AND Electabuzz. If only that place would have been in the games. If they would merge all four regions, I would highly suggest including some locations from the anime as it has certainly expanded the Pokemon world.
The Anime certainly had some interesting locations and plots. I just don't believe that the games should be based on it as much as he thinks they should. Like, he wants Pikachu to be the starter. In EVERY GAME. There was certainly more that he wanted than that, but I was so outraged by purely that concept that I kind of blocked out the rest. I mean, he acts like the show is the ultimate but if it weren't for the games, the Anime wouldn't even exist. So I take umbrage to the fact that he seems to be treating the games as inferior to the Anime. Plus, we already have a game following the Anime: Ranger. Just like Ash, when you catch a Pokemon, you keep it for a while and then release it!

I vaguely remember that episode...come to think of it, was that by any chance the episode where they all had to come up with fake names for whatever reason, and Ash's was Ash Ketchup? I don't remember a whole lot about the show, but I do remember that.

Good point. And it's not like the games don't take from teh anime anyways, because they do in some resects (heck even smash brothers does). The anime is a part of pkmn whethr we like it or not. The 1s season was the only good one really. Well at leat 1st gen. well mebe 2nd gen 2, idk I haven't watched it n FOREVER, and don't really plan on it any time soon

--but yea I member tha episode :)
Actually, the games really don't take much from the Anime, save for Yellow Version. The games came first, and always do. It's mostly the Anime taking from the games.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Ah, I see...close enough :) haha...

Well the games are way better, and i think tha's how it should be, agreed?
and sorry, I know, I'm in the pokecenter, and I don't know this--i should be shot--but what are IV's? Stat changes or something?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ah, I see...close enough :) haha...

Well the games are way better, and i think tha's how it should be, agreed?
and sorry, I know, I'm in the pokecenter, and I don't know this--i should be shot--but what are IV's? Stat changes or something?
It's okay--IVs are more of a competitive type of thing, I myself don't fully understand them.

IV stands for Individual Value. They are basically, if I understand correctly, a value that is with your Pokemon when it hatches, when you catch it, etc. and stays the same forever. It determines stats. If you have max HP IVs, you're going to have much better HP, whereas if you have minimum, you're going to have much worse. This, in combination with a few other things is why you can have two Pokemon of the exact same kind at the exact same level, and they can have completely different stats.

Hope that helped. Again, I'm not really sure of them myself--the only competitive things I really know and understand are EVs and kind of Hidden Power. Meaning, I need Serebii's calculator to calculate it for me, but I understand how its power and type is determined.

Ilex

Smash Ace
I don't want your Pokemon to follow you around. The only reason that that was put in Yellow was because of the Anime. Do we want the anime to influence the games even more than they have with yellow? It would, for me at least, partially ruin the experience and feel I had with the other games. I liked Amity Square and they should make more Pokemomn available to it (And give Amity Square a purpose).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Amity Square seemed kind of gimmicky to me. I don't know, I only went in there once. Apparently the items you get are for contest use, I don't really find the contests that great, in fact I prefered Ruby's contests. =/ (and the contests are gimmicky too, IMO.)

But seriously, if it comes back it DOES need a purpose, and it needs to let US choose who the cute Pokemon are. I think Cubone is cuter than all of the Pokemon we could bring in combined.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't want your Pokemon to follow you around. The only reason that that was put in Yellow was because of the Anime. Do we want the anime to influence the games even more than they have with yellow? It would, for me at least, partially ruin the experience and feel I had with the other games. I liked Amity Square and they should make more Pokemomn available to it (And give Amity Square a purpose).
Clearly not, but the "having Pokemon follow you around" idea that was introduced wasn't introduced as a thing from Yellow, but as a new idea.

It wouldn't be permanent. But you can choose to have your Pokemon outside of its Poke Ball. It wouldn't be useless like Pikachu was, where all it did was have little faces if you interacted with it. If it were to do something like track Pokemon, perhaps be able to track down a rare Pokemon easier or something similar, if it actually became a part of the games instead of just being taken from the Anime, that'd be one thing.

Amity Square was pointless. I've been in there twice, and the second time was only to see if Shaymin was allowed. It's a small area, and it adds nothing except for adding to contests, which were actually semi-fun in R/S/E. Now they're just a fashion show that has nothing to do with Pokemon. How much money do you want to bet that they added in that "dress-up" portion to give more touch screen functionality?

Ilex

Smash Ace
Hmm, maybe it could be a universal HM where a Pokemon comes out and helps you or w/e.

Oh yeah, and the contests need to be revamped. I never even got through a D/P contest because I had no idea what the hell was going on. It would say 'Nature' so I would put a tree etc on my Pokemon and it would lose to something with random bows on it. Wtf. The R/S contests were actually fun and I would love for them to return.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I'm saying you should have the choice--if it's small enough of a pkmn.

MY idea for this was influenced by the game yellow, not the anime, although in a way it IS influenced by the anime--however, when you think of it, it IS a good trick for breeding/evolving certain types like happiny and togepi and evee (into umbreon or espeon)....

zrky

Smash Lol'd
OK spire brought this up in the item trading thread I made.
"Items should be able to be traded without attachment to a Pokemon"-Spire III
to me it makes sence, because why should you go through the trouble of equipping when you can just trade the items.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh yeah, and the contests need to be revamped. I never even got through a D/P contest because I had no idea what the hell was going on. It would say 'Nature' so I would put a tree etc on my Pokemon and it would lose to something with random bows on it. Wtf. The R/S contests were actually fun and I would love for them to return.
lol, seriously.

I never was a huge fan of the contests in Ruby, but they were kind of fun... In Diamond they're crazy, and after it I was like "What...?"

And the item trading thing is a neat idea. I've never had a use for it, though. I'm still trying to fill my Pokedex up with Pokemon that are pretty common in other games... so I just attach items to them and that's that. (using Pal Park.)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hmm, maybe it could be a universal HM where a Pokemon comes out and helps you or w/e.

Hm, maybe.

But yes, the contests definitely need some revamping. Or maybe just devamping. They made it way too complicated. The fashion contest is stupid, the dance contest is even more so, and even the appeals contest has too much going on. Oh, do I appeal to this judge or this judge? And then you've got the different voltages for each judge. There's too much luck involved--you can easily appeal to the same judge all four times and never appeal to the same judge as someone else, or you can do a different judge 3/4 times and still appeal to the same judge as someone else every time. And the fashion is just pointless; throw a bunch of crap onto your Pokemon as quickly as you can, to the theme we give you! Even though the only ones who ever get bonus points for having a matching theme are the NPCs!

OK spire brought this up in the item trading thread I made.
"Items should be able to be traded without attachment to a Pokemon"-Spire III
to me it makes sence, because why should you go through the trouble of equipping when you can just trade the items.
Yeah, definitely. You shouldn't have to waste Poke Balls so you can trade an item. It's stupid.

Another suggestion I have is, in addition to trading, gift Pokemon (and items if they implement trading of items). You should be able to give someone a Pokemon instead of being forced to trade. Online, possibly not. But with people you know, why not? Nintendo's excuse would probably be because you could get tricked, but um...you're only going to get tricked if you're pretty stupid. In an MMORPG, there are more ways to trick people. In Pokemon, any tricks that can be done with gift Pokemon can be done without it.
But honestly; I tracked down a shiny Scyther for my friend (his favorite Pokemon is Scyther) as a surprise. But I can't just give it to him. So yeah, I'm giving him a present and he HAS to give me something in return. That's senseless. Also, when I'm trading between my games I don't want to have to give something up from one to the other. It's pointless anyways, because they're both mine. Also, when transferring Pokemon from one version to another, having to catch 8 million Pokemon so I can do so is crazy and time-consuming. I can catch Bidoofs, sure, but it still takes forever. And that usually inclines me to transfer the bare minimum.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The gift Pokemon idea is great!

I know some people have "given" me Pokemon because you know breeding them is so easy... But I have to give them some Pokemon like Bidoof or Starly! (they didn't ask for anything more. XD)

It would be nice if the people who did give aways didn't end up with 18 boxes filled with Bidoof's and Starly's. =P

Top Bottom