• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon - The 5th Generation

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If it was our choice to make someone a Mod, I'd personally vote you, Firus, in part because you've been here a while apparently and also you being able to see what exactly shouldn't be tolerated. Skyler would probably be a close second if you couldn't do it.
Thanks. I think there are probably better suited candidates, but I'm honored that you'd nominate me.

It's sorta hard to sense sarcasm on the Internet ;)

Smashboard revo. would be halarious :laugh:

:smash: We wont take it anymore! We want independence and more rights! :estatic:
We hold this truth to be self-evident; that the Poke Center does not get the respect it deserves! Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

Two references in one. I have skills.

I urgently want a Zelda board. I have countless topics to speak of in regards to Zelda; I could talk about that series forever.
Metroid deserves its own board, too.

...Okay, not really, since the Metroid thread isn't all that active, but Metroid is so awesome that it at least DESERVES its own board.

Also, has anyone noticed that, uh...F-Zero and Pokemon get a separate board, but Mario doesn't? Take that, Mario!
Seriously, I know it started Nintendo, but I'm really not a huge fan of Mario. And that's not just because I'm a big (retro) Sonic fan.

Replace the fzero board with it. Its not like it's doing anything...

Maybe add a discuss all Nintendo based games.
Light House.
Note the bolded word; Nintendo. There really should be. But then the Poke Center might get pooled into that, and that would be disappointing, so...I'd almost rather not.

But yeah, F-Zero really doesn't need its own board. It's not ever all that active.

I think weather should be possible in ALL areas.. as in it could snow one day in pallet town, and be sprinkling in celadon..

They could jst make weather clouds on the map couldn't they? That drift about very slowly and randomly? And maybe certain pokemon only come out during downpoors or some hide during them--like grass-types would be more common when it's raining, or along rivers, certain pokemon like poliwag and poliwhirl would be found out of water...? Maybe certain types of pokemon 'chase' the storms, as in snowy pokeon are always found under the snow cloud?

and this is great potential for legendaries like Zapdos (maybe only zapdos..?) imagien--during a storm, if you use fly in the'eye' of the storm or somehting, instead of going to your destinaiton, it shows your pokemon fly away, but then it enters a battle and
"wild Zapdos appears!"

Wouldn't that be awesome?
I think so...
Wow, those are some really good ideas! That'd be awesome if the weather could go anywhere and that offered opportunties to find rare Pokemon. Perhaps other natural things happening (such as a volcano erupting, which I believe Entei has the power to cause) could indicate the presence of a legendary Pokemon as well.

freetyme

Smash Cadet
That would be great! I love the weather idea. Pokemon 5th generation will more than likely be on the DS 2, or whatever it will be called, and might have a feature like the weather channel on the Wii. They could use that to the game's advantage.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Metroid deserves its own board, too.

...Okay, not really, since the Metroid thread isn't all that active, but Metroid is so awesome that it at least DESERVES its own board.

Also, has anyone noticed that, uh...F-Zero and Pokemon get a separate board, but Mario doesn't? Take that, Mario!
Seriously, I know it started Nintendo, but I'm really not a huge fan of Mario. And that's not just because I'm a big (retro) Sonic fan.

Note the bolded word; Nintendo. There really should be. But then the Poke Center might get pooled into that, and that would be disappointing, so...I'd almost rather not.

But yeah, F-Zero really doesn't need its own board. It's not ever all that active.
Well the reason why F-Zero and Pokemon have their own forums is because they are both competitive series. Zelda is not. Mario... well Mario definitely can be. The Pit Stop is dead though, absolutely dead. There's maybe one post there every week.

If any other series is to receive a forum, it's either Mario or Zelda. Metroid is great, but really, it'd end up like the Pit Stop.

Wow, those are some really good ideas! That'd be awesome if the weather could go anywhere and that offered opportunties to find rare Pokemon. Perhaps other natural things happening (such as a volcano erupting, which I believe Entei has the power to cause) could indicate the presence of a legendary Pokemon as well.
Actually, I think an Entei is born when a Volcano erupts (if I'm not mistaken). Wasn't the same said about Heatran? Perhaps they should dumb down the stats of Legendaries slightly and make them instead "extremely rare Pokemon" rather than one-of-a-kinds. That way, if there's a volcano on the land, every time it erupts (could happen any day, so unless you're playing the game 24/7, you may miss it) an Entei, Heatran, or maybe even Moltres is born, and you can go catch it (I'm guessing about level 40 or 50). You have to get there quickly though to catch the legendary Pokemon.

Furthermore, I think Legendary Pokemon should stick to their roots. Articuno is said to appear to people who get lost in freezing environments, so perhaps if you venture off into the snow for too long, you will eventually "white out", so to speak, and return to the Poke Center. However, rarely, soon before you white out, an Articuno may appear and that's your chance to catch it.

On another note, I just read the description for Moltres from Ruby/Sapphire. It reads, "Moltres is a legendary bird Pokémon that has the ability to control fire. If this Pokémon is injured, it is said to dip its body in the molten magma of a volcano to burn and heal itself." Now, think about as part of the main quest, or side quest, a Moltres is hurt trying to fend off whatever evil organization is taking role in the game and it flies off to a volcano. You overhear a grunt captain say, "when hurt it flees to the hottest place imaginable to mend its wounds," so if you catch on, you would know to go to the volcano to find it there. When confronting it, the Moltres would be fully healed and pissed off, thinking you were one of the grunts who harmed it so battle commences.

That's just one example of how they could incorporate older Legendary Pokemon into a new game. Think about - what if they mixed them up, making Moltres, Raikou, and Regice available in one version, and Articuno, Entei, and Regirock in the other (with Zapdos, Suicune, and Registeel being available in both but at later points). Just ideas of course, because the 5th Generation is bound to sport a legendary trio of its own, but I would still love to see some older Legendaries play a part in the game - as Legendary Pokemon, not one-of-a-kind Pokemon.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Also, we need to edit some of the legendaries from Gen 4 out...

There were to many. And, most of them sucked.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
That would be great! I love the weather idea. Pokemon 5th generation will more than likely be on the DS 2, or whatever it will be called, and might have a feature like the weather channel on the Wii. They could use that to the game's advantage.
I hope it's on the ds--pokemon games are always fun on-the-go :)
and wooow, if it synced with the wii's weather channel.. that'd be amazing! Of course if you didn't have access to that, it'd still generate storms every once and a while...

but yea! More natural events--that's what we need! and maybe forcing the player into these natural events as a sort of side-adventure--like this scenario. A mountain town keeps having rock slides, so you venture up the mountain to fix the problem at it's source--you find a simple geodude pushing rocks off the mountain--you battle it, and it runs off, saving the town. Howver, it'll come back every one in a while, getting stronger all the while, so you always have something to do!

Also, I think that starters shold be available in the wild! Wouldn't it be awesome to fish at a lake an be able to encounter a totodile or wartortle? Or venture into the grass to find a charmander?

And eggs--eggs should be found in the wild, in 'nests'. Say you enter a forest--you find an egg. When you 'talk to it', a charizard bursts out of the trees, to protect it's egg. You battle it--when it's health reaches half-way, thte battle ends, shows an event of charizard roaing, and then another charizard comes out of hte trees--its the eggs parents. You defeat them, and they retreat, leaving the egg for you!

but back to the weather idea--it starts raining, so ground types like dugtrio and diglett and sandshrew are impossible to find when in wet conditions--and even after it stops raining, because the soil is still really soggy.

If an area hasn't seen water in a long time, many types of pokemon, especially grass and water types, will be rarer to find, on account of them migratin to search for water--and, maybe in certain in-game seasons, only one evelution can be found for pokemon--for example, in 'spring', caterpie and metapod are present, but in summer, butterfree emerges into the wild as well...!

edit (skylerocon): Or, just make them common, or something...?

I also think that legendaries (with the exception of Mewtwo and maybe deoxys/arceous) should be catchable more than once. As in--there isn't just one of them. however, they are EXTREMELY rare (rarer than shines), and should be given a find-ratio that will almost garantee you will only see them once. in other words, you probably won't ever see them once you baattle them in the event, but there is a very very very small sliver of hope that you might!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well the reason why F-Zero and Pokemon have their own forums is because they are both competitive series. Zelda is not. Mario... well Mario definitely can be. The Pit Stop is dead though, absolutely dead. There's maybe one post there every week.

If any other series is to receive a forum, it's either Mario or Zelda. Metroid is great, but really, it'd end up like the Pit Stop.
Ah, well I guess that makes sense. Still, you're right, the Pit Stop is just DEAD.

And yeah, as I said, even the Metroid THREAD isn't all that active, so it's awesome enough to have its own forum, but it wouldn't actually be sensible to give it one.

Actually, I think an Entei is born when a Volcano erupts (if I'm not mistaken). Wasn't the same said about Heatran? Perhaps they should dumb down the stats of Legendaries slightly and make them instead "extremely rare Pokemon" rather than one-of-a-kinds. That way, if there's a volcano on the land, every time it erupts (could happen any day, so unless you're playing the game 24/7, you may miss it) an Entei, Heatran, or maybe even Moltres is born, and you can go catch it (I'm guessing about level 40 or 50). You have to get there quickly though to catch the legendary Pokemon.
Well, just going from the Pokedex entries, it says when Entei roars a volcano erupts, and it says nothing of Heatran in relation to volcanoes. It might've been somewhere else about Heatran, though, so I won't necessarily rule it out.
So a volcano erupting would indicate that an Entei is roaring. And if Heatran is born at that time, then Heatran could be available as well. Perhaps you could choose to venture out and find Entei (it could appear randomly in the wild for, say an hour, after the volcano erupts) or you could choose to go for Heatran, who would disappear much faster, so you'd have to get there immediately.

I'm all for making the legendaries simply "extremely rare Pokemon". That'd make it much better. It's not like you can't get multiple of them anyways, so acting like there's only one is just silly.

Furthermore, I think Legendary Pokemon should stick to their roots. Articuno is said to appear to people who get lost in freezing environments, so perhaps if you venture off into the snow for too long, you will eventually "white out", so to speak, and return to the Poke Center. However, rarely, soon before you white out, an Articuno may appear and that's your chance to catch it.
That's a great idea. Not only is it realistic that a kid in a t-shirt will eventually "white out" after a while in the snow, but the Articuno bit is great. For some reason, it just feels like it would be so epic.

On another note, I just read the description for Moltres from Ruby/Sapphire. It reads, "Moltres is a legendary bird Pokémon that has the ability to control fire. If this Pokémon is injured, it is said to dip its body in the molten magma of a volcano to burn and heal itself." Now, think about as part of the main quest, or side quest, a Moltres is hurt trying to fend off whatever evil organization is taking role in the game and it flies off to a volcano. You overhear a grunt captain say, "when hurt it flees to the hottest place imaginable to mend its wounds," so if you catch on, you would know to go to the volcano to find it there. When confronting it, the Moltres would be fully healed and pissed off, thinking you were one of the grunts who harmed it so battle commences.

That's just one example of how they could incorporate older Legendary Pokemon into a new game. Think about - what if they mixed them up, making Moltres, Raikou, and Regice available in one version, and Articuno, Entei, and Regirock in the other (with Zapdos, Suicune, and Registeel being available in both but at later points). Just ideas of course, because the 5th Generation is bound to sport a legendary trio of its own, but I would still love to see some older Legendaries play a part in the game - as Legendary Pokemon, not one-of-a-kind Pokemon.
Overall great ideas. They really need to re-implement some of the old legendaries rather than forcing you to import them from another game.

SkylerOcon said:

Yeah, definitely. I think Shaymin should stay in, but be instead a rare Pokemon that can be normally caught. Not extremely rare, like Spire suggests of the old legendaries, but maybe not normally rare either. Perhaps it would have some special thing to it, but not an event Pokemon or one-of-a-kind. Heck, it can't be that bad--I've gone all the way to the 7th badge using the thing, and only it. As I mentioned in the Platinum thread, I even knocked out my partner in Double Battles. Seriously, even with its poor movepool, I've gotten lots of places with it. I realized through this, however, that Grass-type moves don't work very effectively in Diamond/Pearl. There are a lot of Pokemon in the games that Grass is "Not very effective" against. Yet still Shaymin's not even gotten to yellow HP yet; my only concern is running out of PP.

...*Knocks on desk*
Ah crap, my desk isn't real wood.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Hero of Time hasn't been on since April 1st and I'm pretty sure Chill is to busy doing other stuff (this means BRooming) than to pay attention here.

I nominate Spire III as the new mod for the Poke Center!
I have actually thought of that, or Firus. Can administrators also do the same as mods(just asking cuz I don't know)

Also, when breeding pokemon you should be able to decide wich moves the 'kid' gets, within reason

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I think ghost-types should be catchable in a lot more areas during night game-play!

And PLEASE, an explanation for why fire-types don't drown when surf-battling. I know, I won't get one... But i can dream!

Bring back the cell phones! Those were awesome!!!

And maybe--make baby/sub-evolutions the most common pokemon. Pre-evolutions uncommon, and then final evolutions rare.

Bring back Team Rocket! TR and Galactic should get in a... 'tussle'! Bring all regions back, link them throgh the S.S. Anne, and then add another region...! (You enter Sinnoh from the S.S. Anne at SnowPoint city)...

And when you enter a new region, trainers all over shouldn't be all strong! Like gym leaders--In gold/silver, why was Brock using level 40 pokemon??? Or at least give an explanation!!!

And on the gym-signs, more than just you & ur rivals names should be on.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

You complain about that allot, but its true.
Yesterday I was watching history channel(something about temples, and like Spire got an idea). Maybe to get Dialga/Palkia, such as in Emerald where you choose wich Lat you want, once you have the lake trio, you go to the gave in Celestic Town. When you go in you read the cave painting, and a door opens(kinda like the regis)and when you go in there are two other doors, one for Dialga and one for Palkia. Then you choose wich you want, and through another story event or nintendo event you can get the other.

Wrath`

Smash Master
The wather is awesome and would give most ledgendaries that ussaly just run around an actual place to be.

well we cant cut ledgendaries out.

Man I am pi$$ed I just went to the GTS to pick up my shaymin that i had there to trade 6 months ago and............it FLED IT SAID IT FELD WTF NINTENDO?

also I think a cool idea would be to expand the little islands that event pokemon were caught on to be bigger like faraway island.

Spire

III
BRoomer

also I think a cool idea would be to expand the little islands that event pokemon were caught on to be bigger like faraway island.
Yeah, why the hell would a Pokemon be residing on one particularly small island, doing absolutely nothing for all eternity until you come to catch it?

freetyme

Smash Cadet
I think ghost-types should be catchable in a lot more areas during night game-play!

And PLEASE, an explanation for why fire-types don't drown when surf-battling. I know, I won't get one... But i can dream!

Bring back the cell phones! Those were awesome!!! . . .

. . .Bring back Team Rocket! TR and Galactic should get in a... 'tussle'! Bring all regions back, link them throgh the S.S. Anne, and then add another region...! (You enter Sinnoh from the S.S. Anne at SnowPoint city)...

And when you enter a new region, trainers all over shouldn't be all strong! Like gym leaders--In gold/silver, why was Brock using level 40 pokemon??? Or at least give an explanation!!!

And on the gym-signs, more than just you & ur rivals names should be on.
I agree, Team Rocket actually seemed evil! Magma and Aqua just seemed silly. The Cell phone is way better than tapping your way through the bottom screen to mostly unuseable apps.

I think a lot of you have great ideas about incorporating old Legendaries into the new game and adding tweaks to the forumula. My biggest complaint about Pokemon right now is HMs:

Gen 1: Too many were bad moves
Gen 2: Too many water HMs
Gen 3: STILL too many water HMs
Gen 4: Too many Flying HMs

Not to mention they take up valuable move space. Here's my solution tell me what you think. Still have HMs but make them like tools that you can use anytime, no matter what pokemon you have. I realize HMs may be trying to make us use a variety of pokemon but when two or three HMs are flying or water type I think they are counter productive.

Just turn those moves into TM's and make HMs real hidden machines (or tools)

On a seperate note, I heard a rumor that Platinum has a combined form of Palkia/ Diagla. Pokemon isn't going to start morphing Pokemon together like.. well Digimon did, are they? Will that Pokemon, if caught, count as a new Pokemon or both of them?

Sorry long winded.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I agree, Team Rocket actually seemed evil! Magma and Aqua just seemed silly. The Cell phone is way better than tapping your way through the bottom screen to mostly unuseable apps.

I think a lot of you have great ideas about incorporating old Legendaries into the new game and adding tweaks to the forumula. My biggest complaint about Pokemon right now is HMs:

Not to mention they take up valuable move space. Here's my solution tell me what you think. Still have HMs but make them like tools that you can use anytime, no matter what pokemon you have. I realize HMs may be trying to make us use a variety of pokemon but when two or three HMs are flying or water type I think they are counter productive.

On a seperate note, I heard a rumor that Platinum has a combined form of Palkia/ Diagla. Pokemon isn't going to start morphing Pokemon together like.. well Digimon did, are they? Will that Pokemon, if caught, count as a new Pokemon or both of them?

Sorry long winded.
Most moves have always bothered me. How can you use surf anywhere and everywhere in battle? Suddenly, a massive wave is summoned from no where and it crashes down on your opponent. And what of dive? I'm glad they removed it because: a) you cannot theoretically dive into water while on ground, and b) you cannot breathe underwater when actually diving into deep water. Defog is the stupidest idea for an HM. They only create HM's so that you can surpass different obstacles (walking between cities is an obstacle). Fly, Surf, Strength, and Cut are entirely reasonable, but others like Waterfall and Rock Climb are just ridiculous.

I hate that you'll be traveling deep in some cave and you find a waterfall or rockslide, and you realize that you do not have a Pokemon with you who either has one of those abilities, or cannot learn either of them, or you do not want to waste a move slot by teaching it to one of your Pokemon. It's ludicrous and has you backtracking. Like you, and some others have mentioned before, HM's should be tools, like the bike for instance.

Also - and this was mentioned by LUVTOY, Fire types should not be able to fight in water environments (especially while surfing). Where are they going to stand, on the Pokemon that you're surfing on? Unless it's Wailord, yeah, right. Also, grass types should be weakened while in hot environments such as Mt. Chimney or the desert in Hoenn (except for the Cacturne family). I'm a bit sided with realism, so most of my ideas may never see the light of day in the Pokemon world, unfortunately. It would surely help to make it a bit more realistic, along with some major graphical updates. Hell, even some games on the GBA looked far better than the current Pokemon generation. There's really not too much of a difference between Gen 3 and 4's graphics, and it's the graphics that discern realism.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Also--FIX THE CAVES!! I know I was just stupid for doing this--but I got lost in a cave in silver while looking for lugia, cuz I was dumb enough not to use flash...! BUT come on, you don't want 2 spend a week trying 2 find your way out of a cave...! I think whiting out if your in a harsh environment for to long is a great idea--maybe it should ask if you'd like to continue or somehitng though--cuz honestly, how'd you feel if you were bout 2 reach the end of victory road, and you whited out...! Lol (like poison >:l)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Team Rocket definitely needs to return.
Yeah. PokeGear for the win, Poketch for the lose.

I really agree, especially with my recent run through Pearl. I want to use Shaymin and only Shaymin, but...I'm forced to bring Bibarel and Starly for HMs. I don't want to do this. At the very least, they should give each Pokemon an extra slot for an HM--but only for HMs. This way you don't waste precious move space with awful moves like Rock Smash.

Sorry long winded.
Oh yeah, I heard that rumor, too. It's been confirmed, I even have the sprite for it;

Sorry, couldn't resist.
But yeah, I SEVERELY doubt that. Especially since, in one of the Platinum screenshots, we see both Dialga and Palkia.

Also--FIX THE CAVES!! I know I was just stupid for doing this--but I got lost in a cave in silver while looking for lugia, cuz I was dumb enough not to use flash...! BUT come on, you don't want 2 spend a week trying 2 find your way out of a cave...! I think whiting out if your in a harsh environment for to long is a great idea--maybe it should ask if you'd like to continue or somehitng though--cuz honestly, how'd you feel if you were bout 2 reach the end of victory road, and you whited out...! Lol (like poison >:l)
Yeah, I ended up going through Rock Tunnel without Flash the first time I went through Red because I was confused. Sheesh, that was difficult. But they should have it so that if you go into a cave that requires Flash and you are lacking Flash, it makes you white out after, like, 5 minutes. Not in a normal cave or if you have Flash, but just so that, if you get lost without Flash, you're not forced to do something drastic to get out.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Team Rocket definitely needs to return.
Yeah. PokeGear for the win, Poketch for the lose.

I really agree, especially with my recent run through Pearl. I want to use Shaymin and only Shaymin, but...I'm forced to bring Bibarel and Starly for HMs. I don't want to do this. At the very least, they should give each Pokemon an extra slot for an HM--but only for HMs. This way you don't waste precious move space with awful moves like Rock Smash.

Oh yeah, I heard that rumor, too. It's been confirmed, I even have the sprite for it;

Sorry, couldn't resist.
But yeah, I SEVERELY doubt that. Especially since, in one of the Platinum screenshots, we see both Dialga and Palkia.

Yeah, I ended up going through Rock Tunnel without Flash the first time I went through Red because I was confused. Sheesh, that was difficult. But they should have it so that if you go into a cave that requires Flash and you are lacking Flash, it makes you white out after, like, 5 minutes. Not in a normal cave or if you have Flash, but just so that, if you get lost without Flash, you're not forced to do something drastic to get out.
Exactly! I was stuck in one of the caves in the middle of the ocean looking for Lugia--I wasn't going to go through the whole cave, but accidently jumped down one of those little hills, and therefore was stuck in the cave...!

edit: At least I got Lugia though ;)

Weatherwise--if it's cloudy, they should dim the screen a bit, not so much as it looks like night, but you know...

Also--I'd like to have an explanation as to why Goldeen/Seaking/Feebas/Magikarp, etc. are able to attack easily on land...???

And you should be able to swim!!! I mean, doesn't it make you mad you see everyone else swimming, but you can't so much as dip your toes in the water? I think the white-out rule should apply to swimming as well! You can swim, but if you stray too far from shore or swim for too long, you white out!

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Also--I'd like to have an explanation as to why Goldeen/Seaking/Feebas/Magikarp, etc. are able to attack easily on land...???

And you should be able to swim!!! I mean, doesn't it make you mad you see everyone else swimming, but you can't so much as dip your toes in the water? I think the white-out rule should apply to swimming as well! You can swim, but if you stray too far from shore or swim for too long, you white out!
Well, it would defeat the perpose of those pokemon, if they could only battle on water.

I like the swimming idea, and as your starter gains level, you can swim longer.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
^^
I know I'm not complaining I'm just saying 'wtf' cuz they are..fish on land, but really it doesn't bother me that much I don't care but an explanation would settle my mind haha

and idk about HM's, I mean why aren't they deletable? I mean come on!!! You have to have the move deleter do it--if they just made the hm's deletable moves, then there would be no need for the move deleter...????

aND i like the idea of turning the hm's into tm's-maybe instead of using a pokemon to surf, you have a little canoe or something? Lol kinda deedeedee of an idea but hey? And if hm's were changed to tm's you should still be able to use the tm's like surf and such outside of battle--like dig/teleport..

ALSO, teleport should do SOMETHING in battle. It is useful in every corner of the series EXCEPT the main game(s). It should act kinda like protect or something, like if the opponent scores a critical hit, and you used teleport previously during the battle, the hit is evaded, or a super effective hit is evaded--add some sort of importance to the move!!! Hell AT LEAST switch out pokemon (I personally don't like thsoe types of moves though, like baton pass or anything such)...!

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Most moves have always bothered me. How can you use surf anywhere and everywhere in battle? Suddenly, a massive wave is summoned from no where and it crashes down on your opponent. And what of dive? I'm glad they removed it because: a) you cannot theoretically dive into water while on ground, and b) you cannot breathe underwater when actually diving into deep water. Defog is the stupidest idea for an HM. They only create HM's so that you can surpass different obstacles (walking between cities is an obstacle). Fly, Surf, Strength, and Cut are entirely reasonable, but others like Waterfall and Rock Climb are just ridiculous.
I agree with surf, and dive is still in the game, just not an HM or TM. I like the idea of diving in deep water like in 3rd gen, that way you could get a more varied range for pokemon to live in.
Flash was stupidly replaced with defog(useless) and Waterfall makes sense but rock climb was usless

Wrath`

Smash Master
move from platinum disscsion

The ledgendaries of the second gen were the best ones, the moment you encounter any of the 3 dogs in crystal and you here that special music(only in C did they do that) you are like OMFG whats this and then its like OH HELLZ YES, good times, also I liked the puzzle at tin tower to get ho-oh and the cave exploration and the epic looking area you can find lugia at, that is the best ledgendary implements. and yes to CATCHING BOTH mascots in one game.

The best they could do for me in the 5th gen is to give me a MASSIVE amount of hidden areas and little place a person with would like to explore, I just like traveling around and finding a cool new area, also give me some killer travel music, in the 2nd gen it was good, 3rd was ok and 4th had realy good tunes to travel and realy bad ones.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
^^ Amen tothe legendary stuff... The 1s and 2nd Gen. were the best ones. By far. If thte 5th gen. touches bck to thee roots, and updates it with the pros of the 3rd and 4th Gen., add all teh maps together, bring backTeam Rocket (FOR SURE), and implemet some of teh ideas floating around in this thread--it could be a masterpiece!

--seriously i wish pokmon develpers would take a look at this threaad...

I also think that instaed of another stadium game, for the wii, they should make a live-action based pokemon game....! Think of it-depending on what pokemoon you and your opponent chooses--it could end up like a battle of thetitans, a boss battle for one of you, or a well-matched fight....! Should I mae a seprate thread for this idea to explain it more thoroughly?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Another move from the Platinum Thread

Firus you rant allot, but in a very good and inteligent way. Rayquaza also involved a tower that required good timing and movement, but not much.

Your movie and legendary connection makes perfect sense to me. I really seem like it, and sadly their making a movie about Regigigas:(

Stupid little kids ruin it for us,even if we were little at some point, we grew up with pokemon, so we know what it's about and how it all started
Haha, thanks. You're right, I'm always ranting. You get me started on anything I feel passionately about on video games (which is 90% of things about video games), and I can go on for the rest of my life about it.

Yeah, the little kids now are just...ugh. Screw them. They'll probably never in a million years even touch Red/Blue, and as such, they don't deserve to get any special treatment. You HAVE to play Red/Blue. Which is why I'm horribly offended that TETRIS DX beat Red/Blue in Nintendo Power's list of the top 20 best games for each system. Link's Awakening DX also beat it, but the fact that Tetris got first just irks me to no end. I own the game, and it's fun, but it's not that fun.
Bet you anything they gave it first place because it's another one of their "titles for everyone", as they explained in the description.

The ledgendaries of the second gen were the best ones, the moment you encounter any of the 3 dogs in crystal and you here that special music(only in C did they do that) you are like OMFG whats this and then its like OH HELLZ YES, good times, also I liked the puzzle at tin tower to get ho-oh and the cave exploration and the epic looking area you can find lugia at, that is the best ledgendary implements. and yes to CATCHING BOTH mascots in one game.
Yeah, catching both in one game was great. Silver is the only Pokemon game (of the real games) that I don't own other than Fire Red, but that's not because it was useless because I could get Lugia. It was because I just...never got around to it. And considering my experience with purchasing Crystal, I'm not inclined to try to buy Silver now so I can have a dead internal battery again.
P.S., did anyone else think that Lugia's Gold sprite looked a lot more epic than Silver's?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e386/Pyro8maniac/GoldvsSilverLugia
.png

The best they could do for me in the 5th gen is to give me a MASSIVE amount of hidden areas and little place a person with would like to explore, I just like traveling around and finding a cool new area, also give me some killer travel music, in the 2nd gen it was good, 3rd was ok and 4th had realy good tunes to travel and realy bad ones.
Oh, I want some really good music. First + second gen had some great music, especially for routes. Third gen had some pretty good ones as well. Fourth's tunes were bland. The only good music was...well, just about the songs that made it into Brawl. The rest were just boring.

Hm...

Well, since we love to rant about how easy it is to catch legendaries, lets draw up some schematics on dungeons. If they're good Spire could post them in the 5th gen thread and maybe Nintendo would see them.
I'd like to get it on that as well. I've always loved level design.

Also, I TOLD YOU I'd do it. I actually pulled it off! From right after the first badge on, I used Shaymin and only Shaymin and beat the Elite Four with Shaymin alone! Yeah!
Final condition of Shaymin (at least for now):

Level: 80
Nature: Naughty
Stats: HP: 263
Attack: 206
Defense: 181
Special Attack: 234
Special Defense: 157
Speed: 215
Ability: Natural Cure
Moveset (used from the very beginning): Psychic (used one PP Up on this)
Magical Leaf
Energy Ball
Synthesis
EVs: 255 Special Atack, 255 Speed (I know the extra three do nothing since there's no fourth, but I miscounted the EVs it had collected and filled them up earlier than I expected)

Final Play Time: 20:48

Shaymin rules. Especially my Shaymin.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Haha, thanks. You're right, I'm always ranting. You get me started on anything I feel passionately about on video games (which is 90% of things about video games), and I can go on for the rest of my life about it.

Yeah, the little kids now are just...ugh. Screw them. They'll probably never in a million years even touch Red/Blue, and as such, they don't deserve to get any special treatment. You HAVE to play Red/Blue. Which is why I'm horribly offended that TETRIS DX beat Red/Blue in Nintendo Power's list of the top 20 best games for each system. Link's Awakening DX also beat it, but the fact that Tetris got first just irks me to no end. I own the game, and it's fun, but it's not that fun.
Bet you anything they gave it first place because it's another one of their "titles for everyone", as they explained in the description.

Yeah, catching both in one game was great. Silver is the only Pokemon game (of the real games) that I don't own other than Fire Red, but that's not because it was useless because I could get Lugia. It was because I just...never got around to it. And considering my experience with purchasing Crystal, I'm not inclined to try to buy Silver now so I can have a dead internal battery again.
P.S., did anyone else think that Lugia's Gold sprite looked a lot more epic than Silver's?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e386/Pyro8maniac/GoldvsSilverLugia
.png

Oh, I want some really good music. First + second gen had some great music, especially for routes. Third gen had some pretty good ones as well. Fourth's tunes were bland. The only good music was...well, just about the songs that made it into Brawl. The rest were just boring.

I'd like to get it on that as well. I've always loved level design.

Also, I TOLD YOU I'd do it. I actually pulled it off! From right after the first badge on, I used Shaymin and only Shaymin and beat the Elite Four with Shaymin alone! Yeah!
Final condition of Shaymin (at least for now):

Level: 80
Nature: Naughty
Stats: HP: 263
Attack: 206
Defense: 181
Special Attack: 234
Special Defense: 157
Speed: 215
Ability: Natural Cure
Moveset (used from the very beginning): Psychic (used one PP Up on this)
Magical Leaf
Energy Ball
Synthesis
EVs: 255 Special Atack, 255 Speed (I know the extra three do nothing since there's no fourth, but I miscounted the EVs it had collected and filled them up earlier than I expected)

Final Play Time: 20:48

Shaymin rules. Especially my Shaymin.

(see title) (of my post)

Wrath`

Smash Master
my counter to the new powerfull shamin( i have this pokemon too)

Infernape
lv98
Item: life orb
Moves: Flame thrower, Close combat, Flare blitz, U turn (for thos pshycich types)
EV's: 252 attk, 252 speed 4hp

Flare blitz+life orb+ Ev'ed up attk= OHKO

(sorry I love showing off my pokemon)

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have never completed a Pokedex, and have never raised a good Pokemon. Yet, I still enjoy the concept of the game. I'd rather design the games than play them, as I am with the gaming world in general. I like to make things that others can play and enjoy rather than playing games myself.

And that is why I am modding FireRed right now. Below is Route 25, where Bill's House is. I've edited the land to include a beach area, a sea to surf in, and a bridge leading to a cell that I've not created yet but will eventually sport an island with a light house a la Episode 13 "Mystery at the Light House". To accompany that episode, I've made both Krabby and Dratini (very rare) available for catching via surfing and fishing. Also, if you look behind his house, you'll see a little pathway. I hope you realize what it is ;)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
my counter to the new powerfull shamin( i have this pokemon too)

Infernape
lv98
Item: life orb
Moves: Flame thrower, Close combat, Flare blitz, U turn (for thos pshycich types)
EV's: 252 attk, 252 speed 4hp

Flare blitz+life orb+ Ev'ed up attk= OHKO

(sorry I love showing off my pokemon)
Hey hey, I'm not asking for a counter. I'm no expert on EV training, items, etc. I stick to the single player. You just ruined my victory of Shaymin. Thanks.

...And even if you tried that, you'd never get anywhere because my Shaymin would

FIRE ITS LAZAR!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I have never completed a Pokedex, and have never raised a good Pokemon. Yet, I still enjoy the concept of the game. I'd rather design the games than play them, as I am with the gaming world in general. I like to make things that others can play and enjoy rather than playing games myself.

And that is why I am modding FireRed right now. Below is Route 25, where Bill's House is. I've edited the land to include a beach area, a sea to surf in, and a bridge leading to a cell that I've not created yet but will eventually sport an island with a light house a la Episode 13 "Mystery at the Light House". To accompany that episode, I've made both Krabby and Dratini (very rare) available for catching via surfing and fishing. Also, if you look behind his house, you'll see a little pathway. I hope you realize what it is ;)

How do you do this?! Lately I've been itching to make pokemon game...! I have so many ideas I'dl ike to put to practice.. adn yea, I enjoy creating and playing games--I kinda wanna be a dessigner, but eh...? Doubt it'll happen :/P

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hey hey, I'm not asking for a counter. I'm no expert on EV training, items, etc. I stick to the single player. You just ruined my victory of Shaymin. Thanks.

...And even if you tried that, you'd never get anywhere because my Shaymin would

FIRE ITS LAZAR!
Hahaha ooooooooowned.
How do you do this?! Lately I've been itching to make pokemon game...! I have so many ideas I'dl ike to put to practice.. adn yea, I enjoy creating and playing games--I kinda wanna be a dessigner, but eh...? Doubt it'll happen :/P
It's a program called AdvancedMap. I found the link in the description of a Youtube video because Google did not prevail. Try searching on Youtube for AdvancedMap and maybe something will come up with the link. Oh, by the way, you need to download a ROM of the game you want to mod (3rd Gen only).

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

That's awesome. What program are you using for this? I'd love to try modding a game myself. Never mind, saw the other post.

Also, um...pathway behind the house? Sorry, my mind's drawing a blank. I'm sure I should know this, but...

Oh yeah, and U-Turn is a Bug-Type move that does...what, 80 base damage? After you use the move, the Pokemon also returns to you and you send another one out.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Also, um...pathway behind the house? Sorry, my mind's drawing a blank. I'm sure I should know this, but...
Bill's secret garden...? Ring a bell? In the 1st Gen, there was a space behind Bills house that was bordered by mountains which perplexed gamers, misguiding them to think that there was a secret area behind Bill's house which they dubbed his "secret garden".

I'm planning on making this garden.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Bill's secret garden...? Ring a bell? In the 1st Gen, there was a space behind Bills house that was bordered by mountains which perplexed gamers, misguiding them to think that there was a secret area behind Bill's house which they dubbed his "secret garden".

I'm planning on making this garden.
Oh, yeah. Duh.

If I were modding FR/LG (I think I'm going to mod Ruby--I like the sprites better, and while I love first gen, FR/LG weren't good remakes in my opinion) I would DEFINITELY do something so that you can get over the rocks in Pallet Town. The first time I saw that huge field outside of the town, I was convinced that I'd be able to reach there sometime in my jourrney. I never did.
Eventually, I used my Gameshark to float in Yellow (years later) and got over the rocks, finally. The moment I touched the grass, BAM, glitch. That was so disappointing. Well actually, I was sort of expecting it to implode, but still--I wanted something to be out there.
Now that'd be something cool; what if, once you beat the whole game, filling up your entire Pokedex, you somehow get to go out there. Then, you see Mew and it dives into the grass. Then, you have to go running through the grass and chase Mew (the grass would rustle every so often, indicating where it is), and that's how you get Mew in the game...

Okay, it sounded a lot better before I actually typed it.

In any case, I'm trying to find AdvancedMap. No luck thus far. It's kind of odd how finding the ROM is going to be easier than finding the program.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hahaha ooooooooowned.

It's a program called AdvancedMap. I found the link in the description of a Youtube video because Google did not prevail. Try searching on Youtube for AdvancedMap and maybe something will come up with the link. Oh, by the way, you need to download a ROM of the game you want to mod (3rd Gen only).
Ok, thanks--so fire red/leaf green is required? And you run the rom on advanced map right? well thanks :)

map looks nice with the add-ons by the way

edit: I thought of a sort-of ironic/funny/unrealistic idea for the ending of the 5th gen. game--after you fully complete your pokedex, it shows you watching tv in your room, and the tv says something like "in other news, Silph Co. has launched sales on their newest pokeball, the Masterball, able to catch any pokemon without fail"... It's ironic cuz as soon as you go through all the trouble of catching all 493 (maybe more in 5th gen.)pokemon, the master ball is released publically...! Lol the thought made me laugh :)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
If I tried to edit a game map, it would have to Emerald.
I dont get it, what are the S' and W' on your map.

Anyway, I like your ideas Spire

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh, yeah. Duh.

If I were modding FR/LG (I think I'm going to mod Ruby--I like the sprites better, and while I love first gen, FR/LG weren't good remakes in my opinion) I would DEFINITELY do something so that you can get over the rocks in Pallet Town. The first time I saw that huge field outside of the town, I was convinced that I'd be able to reach there sometime in my jourrney. I never did.
Eventually, I used my Gameshark to float in Yellow (years later) and got over the rocks, finally. The moment I touched the grass, BAM, glitch. That was so disappointing. Well actually, I was sort of expecting it to implode, but still--I wanted something to be out there.
Now that'd be something cool; what if, once you beat the whole game, filling up your entire Pokedex, you somehow get to go out there. Then, you see Mew and it dives into the grass. Then, you have to go running through the grass and chase Mew (the grass would rustle every so often, indicating where it is), and that's how you get Mew in the game...

Okay, it sounded a lot better before I actually typed it.

In any case, I'm trying to find AdvancedMap. No luck thus far. It's kind of odd how finding the ROM is going to be easier than finding the program.
I like that idea actually. That way, Mew would finally be obtainable. Have you heard of the game Shiny Gold? It's made with AdvancedMap and is basically a Gold remake. Looks beautiful, but I've yet to find a download.

Hoenn is built so much better than Kanto and it sports much more creatively drawn sprites, but I love Kanto and I'd like to make it better.
Ok, thanks--so fire red/leaf green is required? And you run the rom on advanced map right? well thanks :)

map looks nice with the add-ons by the way
Or Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald.

****IT, What I just posted was ruined some how. I'm going to have to use a backup ROM and start over. Oh well, at least I took a pic.

If I tried to edit a game map, it would have to Emerald.
I dont get it, what are the S' and W' on your map.

Anyway, I like your ideas Spire
Oh, the S represents where a Script takes place and the W represents a Warp point (in this case to the inside of Bill's House).

Top Bottom