• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Go

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
The trailer was really hype. I can say that much. I'm still waiting to see more of the actual game interface though.

The overall concept seems pretty genius. It really looks like they're trying to return to what Pokemon is at it's core: a game centered around connectivity. Mobile games are the perfect fit because they're very suited toward social gameplay. I just hope that bad free to play mechanics don't ruin it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That horde of Pokemon fighting Mewtwo was amazing to see.

Wonder what the game will be like.

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
can we get a shin megami tensei version of this please that would be the most moderately horrifying thing on mobile. tbh, this looks cool, though. i might play this, although it seems like it might flop big time.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
OOOOOHH MY GOD! This is literally all of my childhood fantasies! This trailer was obviously a bit of an unrealistic expectation for just an app, but man oh man if they do this right, this could quite possibly be the best thing ever! I hope I'm not being too optimistic, and I hope it won't just be a huge letdown, but I really want this to become a reality! The potential in this idea is limitless, and I hope they capitalize on that! Do it for the millions of people like me that dreamed of pokémon in our world, Nintendo!

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
Little do we know that the rarest Pokemon will only be available in warzones and other mostly undesirable destinations (FOR BALANCE REASONS). I can't wait to grind up all my legendaries in Syria.

Last edited:

swampthingcs

Smash Apprentice
Little do we know that the rarest Pokemon will only be available in warzones and other mostly undesirable destinations. I can't wait to grind up all my legendaries in Syria. For balance reasons, of course.
Can't wait to catch my Jynx in South Africa

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Trading is already confirmed as a thing so I seriously doubt you'll have to go to Syria :glare:.

My only issue is that it is free to play. That one thing could destroy this completely. I hope they change thier minds and make it a truly great experience that you pay for up front and be done with it. If they do this right then the future of pokemon will look amazing.

swampthingcs

Smash Apprentice
Trading is already confirmed as a thing so I seriously doubt you'll have to go to Syria :glare:.

My only issue is that it is free to play. That one thing could destroy this completely. I hope they change thier minds and make it a truly great experience that you pay for up front and be done with it. If they do this right then the future of pokemon will look amazing.
Pokeballs for .99 cents!
Get the digital deluxe edition to kick off your adventure with 5 bonus Master Balls!

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Pokeballs for .99 cents!
Get the digital deluxe edition to kick off your adventure with 5 bonus Master Balls!
Not even a little funny bud. Master balls would probably be microtransactions but regular ones shouldn't. I can also see maybe more boxes in your pc being a possibility but not a whole lot else.

swampthingcs

Smash Apprentice
Not even a little funny bud. Master balls would probably be microtransactions but regular ones shouldn't. I can also see maybe more boxes in your pc being a possibility but not a whole lot else.
Just joking bruh, though I don't see your issue with it being F2P. Obviously it could be P2W in some ways, but free is purely a good thing.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Just joking bruh, though I don't see your issue with it being F2P. Obviously it could be P2W in some ways, but free is purely a good thing.
You won't see as much effort put into a "free" game as you would a game with a reasonable price. What I'm saying is that this game will more than likely not be nearly as good as the 3DS games. In terms of features, graphics, design quality, possibly even bugs and issues.

Maybe I'm wrong and Nintendo will really knock it out of the park and spark a serious VR movement. I certainly hope they do.

Last edited:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
We finally got more information on Pokémon go! (Geez its been so long and nothing more until this point? They really want to keep this secret). Here is the interview by venturebeat with the Niantic guys:
http://venturebeat.com/2015/12/16/h...ters-with-mobile-location-data-in-pokemon-go/
Here are some key points from the interview:
1. It is confirmed that the Pokémon available in your area will have to do with your climate and surroundings. i.e. water types will be found near the ocean, ice types where it snows, etc.
2. Major landmarks, public art, and significant businesses will have an impact on the game.
3. Pokémon gyms will exist, but be somewhat rare
4. Everyone will be able to find pokemon within walking distance (5 minutes) of their house
5. There will be a competitive aspect to the game, and at events there will be large battles between multiple teams where everyone participates
6. If Pokemon Go gets as popular as Niantic hopes, it could bypass WoW as the most popular MMO

What do you guys think about this? I am so freaking hyped for this game!

We finally got more information on Pokémon go! (Geez its been so long and nothing more until this point? They really want to keep this secret). Here is the interview by venturebeat with the Niantic guys:
http://venturebeat.com/2015/12/16/h...ters-with-mobile-location-data-in-pokemon-go/
Here are some key points from the interview:
1. It is confirmed that the Pokémon available in your area will have to do with your climate and surroundings. i.e. water types will be found near the ocean, ice types where it snows, etc.
2. Major landmarks, public art, and significant businesses will have an impact on the game.
3. Pokémon gyms will exist, but be somewhat rare
4. Everyone will be able to find pokemon within walking distance (5 minutes) of their house
5. There will be a competitive aspect to the game, and at events there will be large battles between multiple teams where everyone participates
6. If Pokemon Go gets as popular as Niantic hopes, it could bypass WoW as the most popular MMO

What do you guys think about this? I am so freaking hyped for this game!
I really hope that all Pokemon are obtainable in your own area. I mean, in the Google Maps Pokemon Challenge the only Pokemon available in my country was Glaceon.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I really hope that all Pokemon are obtainable in your own area. I mean, in the Google Maps Pokemon Challenge the only Pokemon available in my country was Glaceon.
Not all pokemon will be obtainable in any one area, they will be spread through the different climates throughout the world. However you are guaranteed to have a selection of Pokémon within walking distance of you, no matter where you live! Based off the interview, Niantic is a fan of making even certain small towns just as crucial to the game as mega cities, so who knows? Maybe in my little town of Aliso Viejo, you can find a Pokémon that can be found in very few other places!

Not all pokemon will be obtainable in any one area, they will be spread through the different climates throughout the world. However you are guaranteed to have a selection of Pokémon within walking distance of you, no matter where you live! Based off the interview, Niantic is a fan of making even certain small towns just as crucial to the game as mega cities, so who knows? Maybe in my little town of Aliso Viejo, you can find a Pokémon that can be found in very few other places!
That's good to hear. Hopefully some of my favorites are available within walking distance.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Have we had a solid release window yet?
I haven't heard anything. Still just sometime this year I guess. I was hoping for a January or February release date, but that doesn't seem very likely anymore. I don't want to rush this project, but I also can't wait for it to come out! I was hoping that they would give a release date in the Pokémon Super Bowl commercial, but sadly still nothing. I am absolutely amazed at how secretive they are keeping this project. They have given us a release trailer, a vague interview, and that's pretty much it!

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I haven't heard anything. Still just sometime this year I guess. I was hoping for a January or February release date, but that doesn't seem very likely anymore. I don't want to rush this project, but I also can't wait for it to come out! I was hoping that they would give a release date in the Pokémon Super Bowl commercial, but sadly still nothing. I am absolutely amazed at how secretive they are keeping this project. They have given us a release trailer, a vague interview, and that's pretty much it!
I don't really know whether to be excited or worried at this point.

Please don't pull a Star Wars Battlefront EA edition....

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
I went outside for maybe 4 hours yesterday and evolved a Rattata and a Pidgey. I was so close to having a Pidgeot but the game game wouldn't spare me another Pidgey. I also found quite a few Eevees, Magnemites and Koffings. It was definitely the most fun I've had in a while and suggest everyone to go try it out.

I used maybe a gig of data while at it but w/e.

And a question for the majority: Does your game crash when you move too fast in an encounter? For instance, it's crashed on me four times whenever I've taken hard left/right turns.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Team blue here. In a team red dominated area...

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Team blue here as well. So far it seems that my area is red/yellow dominated.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'm (team) blue daba dee daba die.. My area doesn't even have any gyms remotely close to it :lol:
when i was in Baltimore though there was a lot of Blue, Red, and Yellow lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My street has 2 gyms on it, both on water towers.

It's primarily blue dominated on my street, but today a red team conquered it

While my street is blue dominated, mostly, the surrounding area is all red

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Just had a weedle and rattata break out first ball and run away back to back. WHAT ARE THE ODDS!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Went to the park to use a lure. There is a section you can be in 3 poke stops at once.

But, server problems just as I arrived.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
No Go yet for Japan, the home of the first four Pokemon games. :(

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm reading all these articles that think like Pokemon was a cartoon that happened then dissapeared. How old are these people? Have they not seen a Nintendo Console in the last 15 years?

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Team instinct member here! I'm surprised there aren't many team valor gyms here. Mostly yellow or blue. But nevertheless it is super freaking competetive to hold gyms here. If you dont have a CP 1500+ pokemon you can't even dream of holding a gym for a day

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
That moment when you run out of pokeballs, not close to any poke stops, and just about to level up and get more stuff.. :(

Though I wonder what's taking the Android update so long..

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Team instinct member here! I'm surprised there aren't many team valor gyms here. Mostly yellow or blue. But nevertheless it is super freaking competetive to hold gyms here. If you dont have a CP 1500+ pokemon you can't even dream of holding a gym for a day
Oh wow. My most powerful pokemon is 880

I can hold a gym for a couple of hours

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
just gonna copy and paste this from the nintenzone since its relevant...
I guess I was mistaken about Pokemon Go not being compatible with my phone (since that's what it frikkin told me, as opposed to saying 'It's not available in your area,' way to almost make me buy a new phone!!)...

anyways...decided to give it a try so I went for a nice hour long stroll after installing it...(after an hour of trying to find a name since everything I tried was already taken)

Caught quite a few pokemon actually...
Zubat, Spearow, Pidgey, Weedle, and Paras...
constantly taunted by nearby Krabby's and Shellder's....even Jigglypuffs and Meowths appeared...

Currently still at Level 3 while my strongest pokemon is a CP 45 Spearow...

I could make a habit of playing every morning, gets some decent exercise in as well as wakes me up before work...shame this wasn't available earlier today as I had some decent routes planned...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, in pokemon go stats of pokemon differ between the same type.

Such as XL pokemon having more hp

My Squirtle is XL in both height and weight.

Since XL size is not guaranteed after evolution, should I just pump up my Squirtle to max while he is a squirtle to have the best possible hp?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So, in pokemon go stats of pokemon differ between the same type.

Such as XL pokemon having more hp

My Squirtle is XL in both height and weight.

Since XL size is not guaranteed after evolution, should I just pump up my Squirtle to max while he is a squirtle to have the best possible hp?
It is recommended not to Power Up your pokemon until they are fully evolved...You'll want to build up as much Squirtle candies first and see if you get any better Squirtles until then to save on Stardust...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It is recommended not to Power Up your pokemon until they are fully evolved...You'll want to build up as much Squirtle candies first and see if you get any better Squirtles until then to save on Stardust...
But I've had XL pokemon evolve into Xs pokemon. I'd rather waste Stardust if it means getting the best option for hp

Last edited:
Top Bottom