• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM3.6b | Yoshi's Island (Brawl) can force grab releases

Mizter Ultimaman

Smash Cadet
Yoshi's Island (Brawl) Forced Grab Release
3.6b
Wii
2 GB SD card
I selected Training Mode. I was Jigglypuff. The AI was Mario. I went to Yoshi's Island (Brawl). On the base (the big stage, not the platform above) I rolled to the left until Jigglypuff was backed up to the ledge. I then grabbed Mario (he was already close to the edge). I tried back throwing him. It worked fine. I tried doing the same, but instead, on the right side of the stage. I rolled to the right a bunch of times. I grabbed Mario. I tried backthrowing him over the ledge. Suddenly, Jigglypuff goes flying in the air away from Mario.

I am certain to reply to any questions you guys ask, but it will take a while (likely the next day).

Narpas_sword

Confirmed as able to reproduce.
Thanks for the Report.

Testing with other characters. Will update post if any other characters are found.

Issue also arises with Kirby and Metaknight.
Assuming issue with stage collision as spot testing other stages did not produce the error.

Last edited:

Mizter Ultimaman

Smash Cadet
Will update post if any other characters are found.
As Puff, I've done this against Wario, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, DK, Diddy, Wolf, Fox, Popo, Tink, Pikachu, M2, Lucario, Pikachu, Puff, Squirtle, Ivy, Zard, Lucas, Ness, Kirby, MK, DDD, Oli, ROB, G&W (but ONLY if he's standing on the horizontal part second from the right)

I was unable to grab Peach, Falcon, Falco, Nana (I always grabbed Popo when I tried), Zelda, Sheik, Link, Ganon, Samus, ZSS, Pit, Ike, Marth, Roy, G&W (but ONLY if he's standing on the slanted ground first from the right), Snake, and Sonic.

While you're at fixing Yoshi's Island stage collision, could you plz triple Rest's BKB ty!!!

EDIT: What if there's another glitch I know how to perform, but I don't know the inputs for it? I just mash my controller until it works. I made Nana grab a character, hold for 2 seconds, and then fthrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom