• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Tournament: FOR GLORY! II (5/11/14 @ 8:00PM EST)

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
This for Glory tournament will be doubles only and will have no singles bracket. We might also be doing crew battles as well. Unlike last tournament, this one will take place next Sunday.

The rules are as follows......
-4 stocks
-8 minute timer
-All sets are best of 3 except for winners, losers, and grand finals which are all best 3 out of 5.
-The bracket is double elimination meaning there's a winners bracket, and losers bracket(Bracket of alternative success).

Starter stages are.....
-Yoshi's Story
-Battlefield
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Dreamland
-Fountain of Dreams

Counter picks are......
-Yoshi's Island
-Lylat Cruise
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Warioware.inc
-Green Hill Zone
-Skyloft
-Skyworld

Deciding the first stage in set: player 1 strikes 3 starter stages, Player 2 strikes 2, then chooses one of the 2 remaining to play on. Players can also agree to pick a stage to start on.

We will be using this website for the tournament. Please sign in to apply. Signing in is VERY easy, so don't be discouraged. https://www.fsmash.org/

Confirmed Attendees
Tails_Glados_Puff
JDavisR (NIX)
Jiggle4Life

Maybe Attendees
ricky91115

Teams
Tails_Glados_Puff + JDavisR (NIX)

Last edited:

ricky9115

Smash Cadet
NNID
MKLSP9115
put me on the maybe list sorry i could not make the last one i was busy.
Main::mario2:

Secondaries: :diddy::metaknight:

ricky9115

Smash Cadet
NNID
MKLSP9115
just saying did you make an error on the first comment. is it on the 10th to make it a perfect week after or is it definitely on sunday?

ricky9115

Smash Cadet
NNID
MKLSP9115
okay tails well still put me on the maybe list but i don't see why i can't attend.

main::mario2:

Secondaries: :diddy::metaknight:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I imagine I'll be able to make this. No singles bracket makes me weep though... :crying:

Doubles isn't really my thing, but I think it'll be a good time. Are you up to try this again @ TheGhostlyPidove TheGhostlyPidove ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
This tournament will be really short though. Its starting on 8:00 PM the latest. Should finish before 10.

ricky9115

Smash Cadet
NNID
MKLSP9115
so i don't know any other people that will enter except one. can someone please tag some people they know if that is okay with tails glados puff. just an idea so more people can join.

Secondaries::diddy::metaknight:

ricky9115

Smash Cadet
NNID
MKLSP9115
so quick question can i enter this tournament alone or do i have to have a partner. also what is the difference between single and double brackets. This is my first smash tournament ever, so i have no idea. thanks for the help.

Secondaries::diddy::metaknight:

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
Unless 8 or more people join im cancelling the tournament. Guys, tell people you know. A lot of people don't even know this is occurring. Also, a doubles bracket is when you and a partner play. That's it.

ricky9115

Smash Cadet
NNID
MKLSP9115
okay thanks so when you and a partner join does that mean you are on a team against another team, or are separate in the tournament. sorry for all the questions, but these tournaments are confusing, well for me at least.

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
Everyone, the tournament will be cancelled. 1, there are not enough people, and 2, I have an actual tournament (weekly) to attend tomorrow irl. I will be unable to TO. FOR GLORY III will happen no matter what though, and it will be on Saturday. It will have singles bracket.

Top Bottom