• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Tournament: FOR GLORY! I (5/3/14 @8:00PM EST)

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
I decided to create a series of tournaments every week until May 20th to give wifi a send off. There were many tournaments prior to this one that were successes, so i decided to create my own. There will be a total of 3 "FOR GLORY!" tournaments, each one being on Saturday. The second will be on 5/10/14, and the third and final one will be on 5/17/14. Enough rambling though, I know you want to get to the bopping.
The rules are as follows......
-4 stocks
-8 minute timer
-All sets are best of 3 except for winners, losers, and grand finals which are all best 3 out of 5.
-The bracket is double elimination meaning there's a winners bracket, and losers bracket(Bracket of alternative success).
Starter stages are.....
-Yoshi's Story
-Battlefield
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Dreamland
-Fountain of Dreams
Counter picks are......
-Yoshi's Island
-Lylat Cruise
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Warioware.inc
-Green Hill Zone
-Skyloft
-Skyworld

Deciding the first stage in set: player 1 strikes 3 starter stages, Player 2 strikes 2, then chooses one of the 2 remaining to play on. Players can also agree to pick a stage to start on.

We will be using this website for the tournament. Please sign in to apply. Signing in is VERY easy, so don't be discouraged. https://www.fsmash.org/

Confirmed Attendees
Tails_Glados_Puff
TheGhostlyPidove
GhostedQuadStack
JDavisR (NIX)
HydreigonMuppetMaster
Ometa
Mattchu
PATHO__o
Jake Koskella
Bro AJ
Falco865
xjcLx
Gladiator
Ca$hMoney
Metzo
LovinMitts

Maybe Attendees
ricky9115
Pickledpotatoes
Pwnyclaus
EazyDI
Tryst

There will also be doubles after the tournament. It will have the same rules however if it is too laggy, each team will choose one person to compete in a singles match. The winner of it has their team move up the bracket. Good luck!

Teams
Tails_Glados_Puff + JDavisR (NIX)
PATHO__o + Jiggles4Life
Ca$hMoney + Gladiator
Bro AJ + TheGhostlyPidove
Tony + xjcLx

Last edited:

ricky9115

Smash Cadet
NNID
MKLSP9115
yeah I might join but I might not because I might be busy. I will get back to you as soon as possible if I am joining or not,

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
Okay, this is turning out great. Who will win?.............:yeahboi:. I think we all know who will win..........

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Sign me up for this one as well. I'm loving this... These tournaments are really helping me improve my game. I'm placing higher with each one, and this will be no different... :chuckle:

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
This is pretty cool. Lots of good players and plenty of contenders. I also assume we will get more player from fsmash that might not have known about this.

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
Change of plans everyone! There will be no crew battles, but there will be a doubles bracket. Nix and I will be teaming up. We are the Falconnection.

Last edited:

ricky9115

Smash Cadet
NNID
MKLSP9115
do you have to have a partner? Sorry i am still not sure i can join, but its a 50 50 percent chance, so i will let you know.

Jiggle4Life

Smash Ace
ill enter but wifi hasn't been working for me along with other people on the forums but if it is fixed I shall enter

ricky9115

Smash Cadet
NNID
MKLSP9115
wait so the teams are after the regular tournament?

main::mario2: Secondaries: :diddy::metaknight:

ricky9115

Smash Cadet
NNID
MKLSP9115
okay tails is the after tournament thing optional or is it a continuation? i just want to know so i ma not confused when it happens. also i have never entered a online tournament. how would i join the game. please give me a step by step if you can. I really appreciate it. Thank you. Also how do you decide if yopu should use your main or one of your secondaries? is it like just do what you want or is it a set thing to use one of them for a certain fight. Sorry for all the questions.

Main: :mario2:
Secondaries: :diddy::metaknight:

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
okay tails is the after tournament thing optional or is it a continuation? i just want to know so i ma not confused when it happens. also i have never entered a online tournament. how would i join the game. please give me a step by step if you can. I really appreciate it. Thank you. Also how do you decide if yopu should use your main or one of your secondaries? is it like just do what you want or is it a set thing to use one of them for a certain fight. Sorry for all the questions.

Main: :mario2:
Secondaries: :diddy::metaknight:
The second tournament is optional. I will create brackets and tell you who to face. You add the person's FC to your lost, then you play. The winner of the set progresses. Also, deciding what your character should be is up to you based on matchups.

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Ok mi wifi is working so I can enter
Also we should enter teams if your enterested path
The double falco has no chance :p
(Cuz we all kno dat flying is weak to electric)
Yeah, sounds like a plan! :3 I didn't even realize there were doubles going on xDD

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
Ok mi wifi is working so I can enter
Also we should enter teams if your enterested path
The double falco has no chance :p
(Cuz we all kno dat flying is weak to electric)
Oh please. Me and Nix will mop the floor with you. I might even go Fox.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Could someone please tell me how you tag other users on here? I can't seem to find the option to do so.

xJcLx

Drummer to "Oath To Order" Band
NNID
AvengedxJcLx
I'm kinda late at this but may I participate on May 3rd?

Last edited:
Top Bottom